Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

ex post facho posted:

being a fan of the nuggets is to know pain. no fa will ever willingly sign here. tje team owner is a walmart heir whi thunks he is some great basketball mind (ive met him and he is basically the jared kushner of basketball lol). the organization is only concernes with maximkzing profit at the pepsi center, which still has some of tbe leagie's highest average ticket prices despite being dead last in attendance.

they threw away nurkic so they could make a run at the 8th seed just to fill the arena for 2 playoff games

lol

I need a new team

I see you have taken to drowning your sorrows in alcohol. This is the first step to numbing the pain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Follow Nurkic to the Blazers. No FA's come here either, but there's still hope for success.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Imagine if Denver had kept Gobert and done a full rebuild instead of trying to retool every year.

Tho they might actually be in about the same spot because the top of the last 3 drafts has been pretty meh so far and they somehow lucked into Jokic.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

ex post facho posted:

being a fan of the nuggets is to know pain. no fa will ever willingly sign here. tje team owner is a walmart heir whi thunks he is some great basketball mind (ive met him and he is basically the jared kushner of basketball lol). the organization is only concernes with maximkzing profit at the pepsi center, which still has some of tbe leagie's highest average ticket prices despite being dead last in attendance and not making thr playoffs in 4 years.

they threw away nurkic and a 1st round pick so they could make a run at the 8th seed just to fill the arena for 2 playoff games and he ended up with nurkic killing those hopes and showing how fuckin retarded the fo is

lol

I need a new team

If you buy Nuggets tickets second hand it becomes much cheaper. They really do need a different owner though. He really is a cheap owner and ruins all the Denver teams he owns. (Which I believe is all of the pro teams except the Broncos, the most successful local team.)

It always makes me laugh that every playoff game I've been to has given me a free shirt, except games at Pepsi Center. They gave out rags with ads all over them.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Imagine if Denver had kept Gobert and done a full rebuild instead of trying to retool every year.

Tho they might actually be in about the same spot because the top of the last 3 drafts has been pretty meh so far and they somehow lucked into Jokic.

I mean, they have a lot of good, young talent. They're not the Knicks of having one hope and the rest are a shitshow of old vets.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

zelah posted:

Follow Nurkic to the Blazers. No FA's come here either, but there's still hope for success.

Liar

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

BWV posted:

stil lolling at calling someone "hot headed." Even my honky-rear end dad wouldn't say that phrase and he's a geezer who loves khaki shorts and thinks people shoot way too many 3s.

'Hot headed' is exclusively a pun description reserved for fire based superheroes.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

I mean, at least when you get owned by cosmic happenstance you can foolishly hope for a better future. Dumb ownership doesn't change course.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
"A lot of good young talent" - Murray, Jokic, Harris, uhhhhhhhhhh

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

ex post facho posted:

Barton is still young and Hernangomez shows promise.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.

Lillard CJ Nurkic are all good and young. 3 first round picks this year, which might help dump Turner or Leonard if needed. If Aminu/Harkless can get some consistency and Vonleh develops a little more, I think that things can be okay.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I mean, at least when you get owned by cosmic happenstance you can foolishly hope for a better future. Dumb ownership doesn't change course.

Yeah I mean, at least Paul Allen has a pretty good track record with GM and coaching hires. And it depends on your definition of success.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

ex post facho posted:

Jokic is awesome and the other two are going to be really good, quit crying.

Edit: Blame Nurkic for the Nurkic trade. He was an overweight malcontent - of course his trade value was low.

big boi fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Mar 31, 2017

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Nick, what did Goku do when his wrist was hosed up causing him to lose games and kinesio tape wasn't helping? I'm asking for a friend.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEUann3APcI

Jerry Stackhouse
Apr 12, 2008

[Adam Curtis voice:] This is the story of one man’s vision for a new world—a world in which literally everyone plays basketball.
https://66thtake.wordpress.com/2017/03/31/breaking-the-press-part-2-the-axis-of-bball/

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
3 good young players, one of which already looks like a star, is a lot of good young talent.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

chunkles posted:

Nick, what did Goku do when his wrist was hosed up causing him to lose games and kinesio tape wasn't helping? I'm asking for a friend.

Ate a Senzu Bean

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

NickRoweFillea posted:

Ate a Senzu Bean

http://www.espn.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/51309/the-nbas-banned-performance-enhancers

Hmm this looks promising, senzu beans aren't on the list at all. Somebody should've told Noah

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/PompeyOnSixers/status/847932947823030272

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Cool Buff Man posted:

Didn't see it mentioned so maybe I'm blind, but KCP got arrested the other night for a DUI while at exactly 0.08% BAC. Tough break. Pistons really took a nosedive as soon as Dejan doomed them by saying they were looking alright

Andre Drummond's lack of desire to play defense has completely killed them, I don't know if it's a fixable problem

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

In 6ers medical speak I can only assume 'done for the season' means he's now missing a leg.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Away all Goats posted:

In 6ers medical speak I can only assume 'done for the season' means he's now missing a leg.

It's okay, you can buy Robert Covington replacement legs at any grocery store

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Okafor is also being shut down for the season.

https://twitter.com/JCameratoCSN/status/847931920352763904

I'd say it's to help tanking, but if that were the case they'd keep playing Okafor.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
It's cool that on top of having some fatal flaws for playing in the modern NBA in his game, Jahlil Okafor has also missed significant time in both of his seasons in the NBA.

At least Embiid played like an all-star for the two games he was healthy.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Tank harder 6ers you loving guys are too close to us for comfort

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

chunkles posted:

It's okay, you can buy Robert Covington replacement legs at any grocery store

Two simple cross braces for metal shelving units you can buy at any ikea would give him much needed lateral stability

Jerry Stackhouse posted:

[Adam Curtis voice:] This is the story of one man’s vision for a new world—a world in which literally everyone plays basketball.
https://66thtake.wordpress.com/2017/03/31/breaking-the-press-part-2-the-axis-of-bball/

Very nice

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

WhyteRyce posted:

Tank harder 6ers you loving guys are too close to us for comfort

If you guys could finish worse than the Knicks that'd be cool. It'd really help our odds to get that top pick with the swap and all.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Nurkic is such a joy to watch in Portland I feel like the chances of somebody doing something dumb like dropping a weight on his foot are way higher than normal

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
i mean, if nurk is a malcontent, which i think he was in his rights to be after coming off the bench and then having his minutes frozen out by malone, it speaks more to malone's inability to figure out how to maximize his position in the rotation. the talent was clearly there, he had shown that in multiple games, and the fo just gave up on him completely. i don't think that a player as young as him was unreachable and the situation unfixable. it's inexcusable the way they handled him.

for gently caress's sake, the guy was under his rookie contract for another year, you don't need to loving trade him to your division rival in the middle of a playoff hunt while giving up a 1st round pick smgdh :cripes:

at the very least they coudl have held him until the offseason and either released him or included him in a different trade package that wasn't a 3 month rental of mason plumlee plus a 1st rounder, jesus christ

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
the nuggets

are dumb

heres to another 2-3 seasons of mid 30s win totals

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

This rules and I'm glad the feeling that I'd seen it before wasn't me going crazy

https://streamable.com/ax2jd

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

attackmole posted:

Like your first post might have been 'pointing out optics' or whatever but it was indistinguishable from something an old white uncle would say to me while watching NBA.

I don't get it still. I said he's got a temper, which would keep him from getting in the door.

Pointing out a stereotype is the same as believing in it is what it comes down to, so don't talk about it, racism solved?

I didn't use stereotype to say he couldn't do something, I used it to very specifically say they won't let him.

Was I wrong for thinking there are stereotypes? Or to fit the white people into one and stack into another? Is multiple incidents not enough to stereotype stack as having a hot head?

What exactly is the problem?

Icy Penguigo
Nov 7, 2010

Dejan Bimble posted:

Andre Drummond's lack of desire to play defense has completely killed them, I don't know if it's a fixable problem

Remember that time teams passed on him to take guys like Dion Waiters and Thomas Robinson because his effort and character were in question? Who's laughing now? (No one.)

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Femur posted:

I don't get it still. I said he's got a temper, which would keep him from getting in the door.

Pointing out a stereotype is the same as believing in it is what it comes down to, so don't talk about it, racism solved?

I didn't use stereotype to say he couldn't do something, I used it to very specifically say they won't let him.

Was I wrong for thinking there are stereotypes? Or to fit the white people into one and stack into another? Is multiple incidents not enough to stereotype stack as having a hot head?

What exactly is the problem?

Femur posted:

I think Stack will never get to HC. He is very hot headed, and potentially violent, which a cursory background check would flag right away.

Look man, I get that you cleared it up in later posts as saying that you think white people won't hire him, but this post doesn't read as "I don't think executives will hire Stackhouse because of racism," it reads as "I think Stackhouse shouldn't be hired because he's an angry black man." We're just bickering semantics at this point so this discussion's probably run its course. I literally called out that post at first because I thought you were being racist, which you're clearly not in retrospect with your later posts, so sorry about that. But uh, the way you stated it initially sure as hell didn't come off that way.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Shear Modulus posted:

I always liked Boogie (and while we're on the topic, his "attitude problems" in Sacramento were always overblown in familiar racialized lines when he was rightfully frustrated with his lovely bosses and management. It should be familiar to any minority who dares to speak up at work) but I'm really rooting for him and the Pels post-trade.

Uh yeah I get being frustrated and poo poo, especially when the dudes conducting your interviews after the game actively dislike you and want you run out of town but Cousins did legit dumb, shortsighted stuff and did it in like his 2nd game in NO too. He's very competitive and often doesn't get calls he deserves because how big strong and fast he is (and doesn't embellish fouls like LeBron) and pops his cork over it

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Jerry Stackhouse posted:

Good per usual!

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

Guys guys guys is Rubio developing a 3 point shot? And midrange? Is this the fabled thibodeau PG whispering at play? What if Rubio gets really good? and leaves? for the spurs?!

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Hell yeah! Didn't think Benson would ever pay for this:

https://twitter.com/JustinVerrier/status/847917168394096640

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

ChainsawCharlie posted:

Guys guys guys is Rubio developing a 3 point shot? And midrange? Is this the fabled thibodeau PG whispering at play? What if Rubio gets really good? and leaves? for the spurs?!

I am too lazy to go through film but it looks like his form is different. More supple wrist, each hand playing its proper role in the shot.

• Locked thread