Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

I'm already aware our president brags about sexual assault.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

even for mitchell this is a stretch, and he has successfully accused me of not existing before

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

Yinlock posted:

unshook nate was right though

When?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Yinlock posted:

communism also sucks rear end

not that the truth is in the middle, my stopping point is like a inch from full communism

I am an FDR Democrat which in modern discourse terms makes me basically Lenin

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Louisgod posted:

lmao that anybody is taking polls let alone trusting in them in the year of our God Lord 2017

The excuse that allows my brain to not explode is basically "the polls were right the whole time, trump was just up a little in that November 8th poll"

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

probably thinks this is about preventing awareness

Serf
May 5, 2011

Yinlock posted:

oh i thought this was a response to communism being brought up a bit earlier

im jumpin at reds here man

some goon said wall street was good, which lemme tell ya, does make me start seeing visions of the hammer and sickle

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

the amount of voter suppression laws and rolls purging in the next year is gonna be mindblowing

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Like November?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/mpbambach/status/847906572487589889

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

he was the only poll that was like "hillary might lose"

he was right

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

there are a few bellwethers that will tell us what timeline we are in

if ossoff gets within 5 and they nuke the filibuster for SCOTUS nominees only I know shut up schnorkles along party lines we live in a bad but entertaining timeline

if ossoff gets within 3 and pence has to tiebreak to nuke the filibuster we live in a great timeline

if ossoff wins and they fail to nuke the filibuster we live in the M A X I M U M C H A O S timeline

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

paranoid randroid posted:

i lack the perfectly spherical brain of men like Bill Mitchell so i am forced to use whatever tools i can to interpret reality

you get high too?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

what did he pledge to try really really hard to not sexually assault anyone in april?

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

if ossoff gets within 5 and they nuke the filibuster for SCOTUS nominees only I know shut up schnorkles along party lines we live in a bad but entertaining timeline

if ossoff gets within 3 and pence has to tiebreak to nuke the filibuster we live in a great timeline

if ossoff wins and they fail to nuke the filibuster we live in the M A X I M U M C H A O S timeline

:hai:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

man they gotta feel an increasing urgency about shoving gorsuch onto the bench asap to 5-4 all their crazy fuckin vote rigging poo poo

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

as i walk this world of leaking piss
i've had visions of so many things
mattering is just an illusion
filled with shookness and collusion

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

Hey a pro Gorsuch commercial just played on CNN

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

What was Major Garrett's question?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

This is hosed

quote:

Using a survey that has monitored the attitudes of high school seniors for nearly 40 years, the sociologists Joanna Pepin and David Cotter find that the proportion of young people holding egalitarian views about gender relationships rose steadily from 1977 to the mid-1990s but has fallen since. In 1994, only 42 percent of high school seniors agreed that the best family was one where the man was the main income earner and the woman took care of the home. But in 2014, 58 percent of seniors said they preferred that arrangement. In 1994, fewer than 30 percent of high school seniors thought “the husband should make all the important decisions in the family.” By 2014, nearly 40 percent subscribed to that premise.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/31/opinion/sunday/do-millennial-men-want-stay-at-home-wives.html

Does this scan with anyone else? Are that many MRAs crawling around?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Joementum posted:

if it's a legitimate nominee, the female Senator has a way to shut that whole thing down

:vince:

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Squizzle posted:

the amount of voter suppression laws and rolls purging in the next year is gonna be mindblowing

it'll be open war, yeah. even crazier if the supreme court decides it doesn't like partisan gerrymandering.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

ignorant question how can they fail to nuke the filibuster? like, i feel like if they decide to do it, there's nothing really standing in their way. or are you implying that ossoff winning ='s shook senate republicans who don't want to nuke the filibuster for fear of voter vengence?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?

lol, so its just manchin

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

ignorant question how can they fail to nuke the filibuster? like, i feel like if they decide to do it, there's nothing really standing in their way. or are you implying that ossoff winning ='s shook senate republicans who don't want to nuke the filibuster for fear of voter vengence?

50 republican senators decide they don't want to vote for the rule change

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

Fix posted:

What was Major Garrett's question?

Trump tweeted that Flynn should seek immunity.
Major asked basically "Does Trump know how immunity works? Only the FBI and the committees can grant it, does Trump know that?"
And Spicer would not give a straight answer.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Former Everything posted:

lol, so its just manchin

Manchin/Heitkamp

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

Bip Roberts posted:

Like November?

Didnt he said Clinton would win?

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

What's with people doing their April Fools day jokes early this year?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Shageletic posted:

This is hosed

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/31/opinion/sunday/do-millennial-men-want-stay-at-home-wives.html

there's an easy way to check: is one of them president?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Schnorkles posted:

it'll be open war, yeah. even crazier if the supreme court decides it doesn't like partisan gerrymandering.

its already decided that

they just havent had the chance to rule on it

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

TwoStepBoog posted:

Major asked basically "Does Trump know how immunity works? Only the FBI and the committees can grant it, does Trump know that?"

It's a really simple answer, Does Trump know ____?

No

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

im talking pi to all the decimal places

Serf
May 5, 2011

Shageletic posted:

This is hosed

anecdotally, sure. i know tons of dudes around my age who are unhappy with their wives/girlfriends working and poo poo. it's pretty hosed up imo

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Thatim posted:

Didnt he said Clinton would win?

He also said Trump would win if the polls were only slightly off

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

TwoStepBoog posted:

if i could make laws #1 with a bullet would be "you have to actually directly answer questions that you are asked unless it directly threatens national security"

would solve so many problems

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

thought she confirmed she was a yes yesterday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Schnorkles posted:

Manchin/Heitkamp

sounds like an emotion that only germans feel