Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
I'm actually hoping that Tehenhauin will be added to the Lizards later. I'd love to see a Skink leader giving bonuses against Skaven to all his little followers.

Tetto'eko or Tiktaq'To (especially Tiktaq'To) are also acceptable.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Mar 31, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
I

Kokoro Wish posted:

I'm actually hoping that Tehenhauin will be added to the Lizards later. I'd love to see a Skink leader giving bonuses against Skaven to all his little followers.

I think Tehenhauin could be like Skarsnik, enabling effective all skink armies for the Lizardmen.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Kokoro Wish posted:

Tehenhauin has dlc alternate start written all over him.

You know how that Sigmar guy was kind of a big deal for humanity? Yeah, well, the twin-tailed comet wasn't just seen as a portent in the Old World.

When the skaven first invaded Lustria in a big way the mage-priests didn't wake up fast enough to react. Enter the Skunk Priest Tehenhauin, who proclaimed the twin-tailed comet signified the coming of a new god, Sotek the Twin-Tailed Serpent, who would devour all the foul invaders. Long story short, he lead a massive assault that drove the fuckers out.

He was summoned to a conference of the Slaan in the aftermath, and emerged bearing the highest honor a skink could be given: "while none of our instructions so much as hint anyone was supposed to do what you did, odds are you did the will of the Old Ones. Here, have a hoverchair, we might ask you for input in the future."

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Beer Hall Putz posted:

Never played tabletop, but weren't Skaven basically he most powerful faction (because they use the most models and Games Workshop wants money)?

In 6th ed SAD was very powerful. In 7th Skaven were changed significantly though and got weaker. Dark Elves and Vampires climbed to the top of the pile but they paled in comparison to Daemons of Chaos, possibly the most broken army GW has released.

I can't remember 8th that well despite running tournaments for its entire life, but iirc it was a lot closer - there were still tiers, but a few different armies were viable by edition end. Some (Orcs, TKs, Beastmen) were complete poo poo though.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

BadLlama posted:

lol at these comments, I hope CA never makes a "realistic" game again and sticks to warhammer maybe branching out into some weird 40K game.

Just after total war warhammer 3 is released I hope they make a historical one where you can only play as Pontus.

You know what, scratch that, have them make a steampunk alternate history game.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

ditty bout my clitty posted:

Just after total war warhammer 3 is released I hope they make a historical one where you can only play as Pontus.

You know what, scratch that, have them make a steampunk alternate history game.

Rise Of Legends: Total War

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Stuff in the rezzed talk that I'm not sure you folks got:

- All Warhammer II races get universal settlement occupation (not sure if this will extend to the Old World)

- Vortex victory conditions will be optional. Possibly a campaign option? Or multiple paths to victory?

- Stegadons mounting siege weapons are in. They will also be a mount option.

- All LLs get separate starting locations.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

Ze Pollack posted:

Tehenhauin has dlc alternate start written all over him.

You know how that Sigmar guy was kind of a big deal for humanity? Yeah, well, the twin-tailed comet wasn't just seen as a portent in the Old World.

When the skaven first invaded Lustria in a big way the mage-priests didn't wake up fast enough to react. Enter the Skunk Priest Tehenhauin, who proclaimed the twin-tailed comet signified the coming of a new god, Sotek the Twin-Tailed Serpent, who would devour all the foul invaders. Long story short, he lead a massive assault that drove the fuckers out.

He was summoned to a conference of the Slaan in the aftermath, and emerged bearing the highest honor a skink could be given: "while none of our instructions so much as hint anyone was supposed to do what you did, odds are you did the will of the Old Ones. Here, have a hoverchair, we might ask you for input in the future."

You forgot the part where the invaders were driven back to the coast and then eaten by a giant serpent that leaps from the sea.

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
Erm I'll think you'll find that skaven are not real and are in fact an elaborate joke

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Fangz posted:

Stuff in the rezzed talk that I'm not sure you folks got:

- All Warhammer II races get universal settlement occupation (not sure if this will extend to the Old World)

- Vortex victory conditions will be optional. Possibly a campaign option? Or multiple paths to victory?

- Stegadons mounting siege weapons are in. They will also be a mount option.

- All LLs get separate starting locations.

Im also watching it again now and while it was basically already confirmed, this is definately the game that will house Tomb Kings. In their description of the Southlands they make sure to mention how its mainly Desert and Jungle territories, which means they intend to do the entire continent, not just a part of it. Which means Araby and definately Nehekhara is in or will be later down the line.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
So for Warhammer 3 we are looking at Daemons, Ogre Kingdoms, Tomb Kings and maybe Chaos Dwarves then?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Excelsiortothemax posted:

So for Warhammer 3 we are looking at Daemons, Ogre Kingdoms, Tomb Kings and maybe Chaos Dwarves then?

Based on the leaked files that have so far been accurate, Game 3 is 4 chaos factions.

Tomb Kings, Ogres will be DLC for game 2 like Beastmen/Welves were for game 1. Chorfs would be DLC for game 3.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
That's a good point, in a joined campaign what's the motivation for faction x to cross the ocean if you can't establish a base

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Ammanas posted:

That's a good point, in a joined campaign what's the motivation for faction x to cross the ocean if you can't establish a base

We do know that there are human/Vampire/Greenskin outposts in Lustria according to the interview, so they aren't completely out of luck. And Beastmen/Chaos are hordes and can go wherever.

The biggest issue ironically seems to be Welves. Trying to maintain outposts on another continent while only having Athel Loren seems difficult as hell.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Can't wait to establish the Empire's first East India company

Blinks77
Feb 15, 2012

Ammanas posted:

Apparently they're putting in "lose" conditions now as well. If the AI meets it's objectives, you lose. So you get a reason to go over and save the empire from it's various foes and/or beat them down if they're getting too close to victory themselves.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
I wonder if the Warham II races will be like the wood elves where they have a home base and then outposts, or if some of them will have truly universal occupation.

Like the Welf system would work for the lizardmen. I feel like high elves and dark elves should be able to occupy each other's territory. The Skaven i have no idea but I would be disappointed if they couldn't take dwarf karaks

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

jesus christ i want a chaos dwarf army

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Blinks77 posted:

Apparently they're putting in "lose" conditions now as well. If the AI meets it's objectives, you lose. So you get a reason to go over and save the empire from it's various foes and/or beat them down if they're getting too close to victory themselves.

That sounds like a nightmare to balance.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Ammanas posted:

That sounds like a nightmare to balance.

Its only for the exclusive campaign, not the Mega campaign from what they've said, since its more tightly focused around the 4 factions trying to gain control over some nexus in Lustria. Mega full map grand campaign is supposedly still functioning more like it does now.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Zore posted:

Its only for the exclusive campaign, not the Mega campaign from what they've said, since its more tightly focused around the 4 factions trying to gain control over some nexus in Lustria. Mega full map grand campaign is supposedly still functioning more like it does now.

Sounds like there wont be much interaction between the old and new races then

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

babypolis posted:

Well we're very early on but there will probably be a ton of minor factions that are in the new game using the old races as their archeotype.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

babypolis posted:

There will be factions scattered around Lustria of Beastmen, Empire, VC and Orcs at the very least. They confirmed it in the interview, though they'll be minor and unplayable in the campaign.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Excelsiortothemax posted:

Southlands (not-Africa) is being added in TWW2. Tomb Kings live there. They'll presumably be a DLC sometime before TWW3.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

quote:

Vortex victory conditions will be optional. Possibly a campaign option? Or multiple paths to victory?

I context, I think he just means you can keep on playing even if you "lose". Not 100% sure though.

quote:

Keep in mind they're building two different campaigns here. The new "Vortex" campaign which will be a heavily focused experience and the big ol mega campaign that will probably have different victory conditions or whatever. I'm not sure even CA has decided exactly how they'll make the combined campaign work at this point.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

jesus christ i want a chaos dwarf army

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Shogun 2 actually had the best naval combat of any TW to date imo. Rome 2's was just a total clusterfuck, and cannon battles in the gunpowder games as far as I could tell just boiled down to who got the best RNG for magazine hit autokills. Shogun 2's was still not as good as land battles but once you figured out how it worked it was at least playable and sometimes fun. Unfortunately all the interesting ships were locked behind long research time techs which were really hard to justify investing in over land military or economic techs.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
I imagine that a lot of the DLC for TW:W2 is going to be centered around Legendary Lords + Units (In the style of Grim and Grave or King and Warlord) in order to conserve races for the third game. Tomb Kings are almost assuredly in but I think that will be it for DLC races unless CA decides to flesh out a minor faction like Amazons (which i'm doubtful they would do).

Still though I'm pumped for Malus Darkblade, Hellebron, Ikit Claw, Lord Kroak, and others to make it into the game.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

So when do you guys think...August? September? Surely not as late as November

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So this is reminding me of the Stainless Steel campaign mod for Medieval 2. The Mega campaign that combines all the smaller, tighter focused campaign maps into a big clusterfuck.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I am looking forward to the next DLC of Not spain/italy/serbs

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Wafflecopper posted:

Shogun 2 actually had the best naval combat of any TW to date imo. Rome 2's was just a total clusterfuck, and cannon battles in the gunpowder games as far as I could tell just boiled down to who got the best RNG for magazine hit autokills. Shogun 2's was still not as good as land battles but once you figured out how it worked it was at least playable and sometimes fun. Unfortunately all the interesting ships were locked behind long research time techs which were really hard to justify investing in over land military or economic techs.

A rare 100% correct post.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Wafflecopper posted:

How was Shogun 2's naval battles any better than Rome 2's?

They were still incomprehensible clusterfucks of ships mashed together.

Naval combat is just poo poo no matter what, it looks pretty but it's terrible to play.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

so is the globe gonna end up round or is it gonna take 30 turns to cross the world

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
The wood elves grow a boat and set sail for elf landia

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Deakul posted:

How was Shogun 2's naval battles any better than Rome 2's?

They were still incomprehensible clusterfucks of ships mashed together.

Naval combat is just poo poo no matter what, it looks pretty but it's terrible to play.

Nah later ships with big guns, armored hulls and torpedos made things a bit clearer. But the true statement of 'shogun 2 had the best naval combat' is not the same thing as 'total war games have good naval combat'. Even in s2 its a huge drag.

I do miss lining the shores of Sicily with 14 catapults and laughing as multiple stacks of naval transports sink before coming within 100 yards of the shore.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Indecisive posted:

so is the globe gonna end up round or is it gonna take 30 turns to cross the world

It takes what, 10, 12 turns for an agent to from top to bottom in the current map? The map is tiny right now.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!

Elblanco posted:

You forgot the part where the invaders were driven back to the coast and then eaten by a giant serpent that leaps from the sea.

No what you forgot was that a Skink got the most :black101: model in the entire franchise.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Man I gotta tell u I am not feeling the aesthetics of lizard dudes but I trust CA to execute em well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Lizardmen theme is gonna be the Jurassic Park theme played on Siku pipes.

• Locked thread