Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Intruder posted:

Well the problem is no one is going to trade for him, that's become pretty clear at this point

If Jerruh really waits until training camp he's loving Romo's ability to find a new team which is a bad look with future free agents. If the Texans weren't the team that was likely to sign Romo he probably would have been cut long ago ala DeMarcus Ware (who arguably had more trade value than Romo at the time)

I dont think anyone would have traded for Ware with his massive contract and mounting injuries at that point which is exactly the same reason why no one is going to trade for Romo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Michael Corleone posted:

Can Romo be slipped a playbook by a Texan player to get up to speed a bit, or is that illegal, it probably is.

That would be incredibly dumb in addition to being illegal because what if he gets traded to Denver somehow? Now Denver has your playbook

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

Intruder posted:

Well the problem is no one is going to trade for him, that's become pretty clear at this point

If Jerruh really waits until training camp he's loving Romo's ability to find a new team which is a bad look with future free agents. If the Texans weren't the team that was likely to sign Romo he probably would have been cut long ago ala DeMarcus Ware (who arguably had more trade value than Romo at the time)

People say this but I really do not believe that many players think like this when they hit free agency. Sometimes a team may have to pay a higher price to net a player that they really want in FA, but if a team wins lots of games every year they can screw with their players however they want and it really does not matter.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Intruder posted:

That would be incredibly dumb in addition to being illegal because what if he gets traded to Denver somehow? Now Denver has your playbook

What if Romo and said Texans player pinky swear?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

b0ng posted:

People say this but I really do not believe that many players think like this when they hit free agency. Sometimes a team may have to pay a higher price to net a player that they really want in FA, but if a team wins lots of games every year they can screw with their players however they want and it really does not matter.

Screwing with the face of your franchise over the last decade in hopes of getting a mid round pick is going to rub players the wrong way to at least a certain extent :shrug:

Sure, winning and money can paper over it. It's still a bad look though.

weird Asian candy posted:

What if Romo and said Texans player pinky swear?

That what, he won't turn over the playbook to his new team if he gets traded elsewhere?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Intruder posted:

That what, he won't turn over the playbook to his new team if he gets traded elsewhere?

Yes. Maybe he even throws in a "I'll be your best friend".

The whole thing is just ridiculous, Jerry Jones somehow looks worse than normal.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Maybe a bunch of Texans players can have Romo come chill at one of their houses and barricade the door with a chair while tweeting out travel emojis

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Intruder posted:

Maybe a bunch of Texans players can have Romo come chill at one of their houses and barricade the door with a chair while tweeting out travel emojis

Given the Dallas connection, that would be amazing and I sincerely want this to happen now.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

Intruder posted:

But I don't want the Texans to collapse in a game 6 against the Rockets in the playoffs.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Raku posted:

Chase Daniel was only born in 1986 and has attempted less than 80 passes in the nfl
This reminds me of Parm and his incessant need to remind everyone that Chase Daniel just needed a chance. Also that Daniel was gonna light it up in the Eagles.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Intruder posted:

What is this reference?

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

What is this reference?

Think it's the whole DeAndre Jordan/Mark Cuban fiasco from a couple of NBA seasons ago.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

shirts and skins posted:

Think it's the whole DeAndre Jordan/Mark Cuban fiasco from a couple of NBA seasons ago.

Yup it is!

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
What college did Antonio Gates go to, does anyone know?

Nov 6, 2002

I don't know, but I bet they have a basketball program!!

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
He didnt go to college, he's just really good at NBA Jam

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

No Irish Need Imply posted:

This reminds me of Parm and his incessant need to remind everyone that Chase Daniel just needed a chance. Also that Daniel was gonna light it up in the Eagles.

This was me, thank you. Parm only liked Chase because he wasn't Alex Smith, I have better reasons.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Detroit_Dogg posted:

What college did Antonio Gates go to, does anyone know?

Kent State.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

When everyone talks about him taking shots, it's the basketball kind, not this kind

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Xort State!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Intruder posted:

YOU SHUT THE HELL UP

Triggered so bad right now:qq:

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
https://twitter.com/TonyZ19/status/847535217011286016

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Intruder posted:

The greatest night in the history of sports social media: Panic Room

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Dolphins signed TJ McDonald despite his suspension.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I think there's a pretty good chance he can appeal it down to 4 games and he is a pretty good safety.

Edit: They signed him for a 1 year, veteran minimum deal lol, that suspension cost him a lot of money

DariusLikewise fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Mar 31, 2017

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

NickRoweFillea posted:

The greatest night in the history of sports social media: Panic Room

Paul Pierce was the best part of it, as in all things

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Brain Curry posted:

Dolphins signed TJ McDonald despite his suspension.

good

Caf
May 21, 2004

I'm King James! The Lion King!

Intruder posted:

Paul Pierce was the best part of it, as in all things

This is the motherfucking truth.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

This is really good

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/miamidolphins/status/847901609489313792

lol

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

drat, that was a fast flameout.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Silly Burrito posted:

drat, that was a fast flameout.

3rd overall pick and he never started a game

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Guaranteed to be a Steelers or Patriots reclamation project within a week

Nov 6, 2002

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Guaranteed to be a Steelers or Patriots reclamation project within a week

Yeah, AFC Incest for sure.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Still not as funny a tradeup for a bust as Aguayo

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ehud posted:

3rd overall pick and he never started a game

If it makes you feel any better, it's not like DJ Hayden or Menelik Watson set the world on fire.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

MrLogan posted:

If it makes you feel any better, it's not like DJ Hayden or Menelik Watson set the world on fire.

No Raider goons commented on my Goon Draft pick. =(

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

warcrimes posted:

No Raider goons commented on my Goon Draft pick. =(

I just caught up with that thread and i'd be very happy with that pick.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

MrLogan posted:

I have no problem with the Dolphins picking him, my quarrel is the asinine way the coaching staff used him. Linebacker that can cover Gronk and just about keep up with Megatron? Better get him to add 30 pounds and set an edge.

Fuckwits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazerbeam
Feb 4, 2011

Pro click

• Locked thread