Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moola
Aug 16, 2006
gas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Moola posted:

gw is a company that makes products that some people enjoy and you have a broken brain if you have multiple pages of posts in a circlejerk thread saying how cool it is to not like things

Bad Decision Dino
Aug 3, 2010

We'll invade Russia.

tallkidwithglasses posted:

Almost 2500 words arguing with nonsense, including Safety Factor's phenomenal ketchup post.

I am sorry, what is the point here, beyond "I posted bad opinions that people believed were mine."?

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

sniff GW's farts

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

TKIY posted:

You owned yourself, playa!

People should own themselves, and not own other people, imo.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Bad Decision Dino posted:

I am sorry, what is the point here, beyond "I posted bad opinions that people believed were mine."?

This series of threads has Actually Been Worse Than GW for more than a year because there's nothing good to make fun of and the few people that cling to these and continue to post are broken brained idiots so eager to own GW strawmen that they don't bother to think about anything that confirms their beliefs and instead write screeds attempting to engage nonsense line-by-line while jacking off to infinity tittys.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Amazing that the thread that mostly lives on making fun of GW and its fans should have posters that will argue with people who post literally copies of GW fans wrongheaded opinions

Truly this a mind-blowing realisation and the obsessive quoting of every response long after the jig is up is definitely owning this thread all over again

loving hell, I thought Star Citizen fans were bad.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
holy poo poo you are the worst

Bad Decision Dino
Aug 3, 2010

We'll invade Russia.
As someone who lurks in this thread, the 40k thread and the 30k thread: maybe there wouldn't be a need for a seperate deaththread if the AoS and 40k thread weren't such hugboxes?

30k thread is cool and good though

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

oh my god is that a circular saw that does not go in my mouth aaaaagh

Thirsty Dog posted:

Amazing that the thread that mostly lives on making fun of GW and its fans should have posters that will argue with people who post literally copies of GW fans wrongheaded opinions

rly it's mostly a chat thread where people make fun of gw whenever the star wars chat gets a little too hot 'n' heavy

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Ghost in the Shell 2017 was very good.

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

oh my god is that a circular saw that does not go in my mouth aaaaagh
i was thinking about seeing that does it have cool spidertanks?

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Avenging Dentist posted:

rly it's mostly a chat thread where people make fun of gw whenever the star wars chat gets a little too hot 'n' heavy

Yeah, I know. It's actually a pretty decent general tabletop + related items thread most of the time. But obviously GW is its raison d'etre.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

ijyt posted:

Ghost in the Shell 2017 was very good.

cool I might see that

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

This sudden burst of trolling is weird because I always thought this thread was mostly tongue in cheek, and pretty realistic about GW's strengths and flaws.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops

Almost 2500 words arguing with nonsense, including Safety Factor's phenomenal ketchup post.

It's actually a legit really big problem with science reporting. It's transparently obvious that it's got nothing to do with the thread, I just get really mad about it, which I noted like three pages back. GMO food will do nothing to you independent of any other bad stuff your food's been pumped with and I stand by that. I mean, christ, it's the first link if you google it, give me some credit.

Also the GITS movie is alright if you like action-thrillers but the twist at the end was just so hilariously tone-deaf I actually started laughing.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

nopantsjack posted:

So where are hixson and the rascally rabbit getting their posts from?

Also thanks for tricking the death thread into posting content. It's a good thread but not very busy:)

Towards the end all my posts were artisanal.

Avenging Dentist posted:

i was thinking about seeing that does it have cool spidertanks?

The sound design was good, but I think the design was a bit less threatening than the 1995 one, but its performance certainly wasn't.

Moola posted:

cool I might see that

It's solid, and very pretty!

ijyt fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Mar 31, 2017

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

spectralent posted:

Also the GITS movie is alright if you like action-thrillers but the twist at the end was just so hilariously tone-deaf I actually started laughing.

???????

Bad Decision Dino
Aug 3, 2010

We'll invade Russia.

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

This sudden burst of trolling is weird because I always thought this thread was mostly tongue in cheek, and pretty realistic about GW's strengths and flaws.

Apperently different opinions can no longer be suffered on the same forum now that Games Workshop is Objectively Good Again. :shrug:

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Bad Decision Dino posted:

Apperently different opinions can no longer be suffered on the same forum now that Games Workshop is Objectively Good Again. :shrug:

Merge this and 40k thread so we can have one unfunny hugbox instead of two.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

ijyt posted:

???????

"She's actually some Japanese person, her whiteness was a ruse!"

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Thread Title: Games Workshop is Objectively Good Again

Bad Decision Dino
Aug 3, 2010

We'll invade Russia.

Merge this and 40k thread so we can have one unfunny hugbox instead of two.

Maybe we could throw all our threads together in the center of the table and roll dice to see who wins the argument.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

I would like to formally apologise for my role in this apparently so-ironic-it's-actually-serious conversation. I will from now on only Post With Honour and explain my motives for doing so.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

spectralent posted:

I would like to formally apologise for my role in this apparently so-ironic-it's-actually-serious conversation. I will from now on only Post With Honour and explain my motives for doing so.

I request the other Death thread regulars also apologize & say something they liked about Attack of the Clones.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

spectralent posted:

Funny thing is the older media the name Motoko Kusanagi was an obvious psuedonym too, it's like being named Catherine Excalibur and I'm pretty sure it's even commented on. Because when you install your brain into a completely different cyborg body you can be whoever you want to be, even if your naming sense is a little on the nose.

Though I'm not sure if it being a pseudonym was true throughout the TV series.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

panascope posted:

I request the other Death thread regulars also apologize & say something they liked about Attack of the Clones.

I'm sorry

I liked the bit where it ended

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
This is more tedious than actually dying.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Thirsty Dog posted:

I'm sorry

I liked the bit where it ended

The ending of Attack of the Clones was very good, you have a good eye for film.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

If the point here is that we are dumb people who spend our time on sifting through worthless trash, that was already proven by the fact we bought and played GW games.

At least this time the trash was free.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

This is thread is how sectarian civil wars start.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

spectralent posted:

Oh that dumb argument, jesus.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Please do not get triggered on behalf other cultures.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

spectralent posted:

Infinity is TITS which doesn't have one of those.

I know it's from a while back, but FTFY.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

ijyt posted:

Oh that dumb argument, jesus.

I mean, the film either had the "don't mention the problem and suspend your disbelief" option or the "actually fix the problem" option and went with "mention the problem and somehow own itself, which will make it okay???" which is at best, weird. Or are we having ironically bad opinions again?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

asians getting whitewashed by hollywood is practically tradition

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
If 5 space marines cost £25 and I just purchased a single Infinity alien lady for £7 aren't I basically worse than a GW?

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Did you get a boner at the lovingly sculpted buttcrack?

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

spectralent posted:

I mean, the film either had the "don't mention the problem and suspend your disbelief" option or the "actually fix the problem" option and went with "mention the problem and somehow own itself, which will make it okay???" which is at best, weird. Or are we having ironically bad opinions again?

It's a loving non-issue you baby. It's like being triggered not enough eastern movies feature non-asian people.

Jesus christ political correctness posts in the death thread on Something Awful dot com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
This is super late, but:

Leperflesh posted:

I made some posts about gw's financials a long time ago like three threads back that I think were decent. But I'm not some kind of amazing poster and my willingness to put effort into a post is highly variable. Also lately I've been getting burnt out by the futility.

so now you get lovely posts with no initial caps that I didn't go back and edit for clarity or even to fix typos, because this thread, and gw, aren't worth it

It's worth it when you post your Cool Opinions. (Thanks for the cat posts, I threw some money your way. Hope he gets better soon.)

• Locked thread