Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Blight Runner posted:

No worries dude, I'll tuck a Sancti Tigris away for you. I'm still collecting mods (and now Captura scenes!) so just remember to save some standing for a trade.
Thanks I appreciate it! What mods are you looking for? I'm only rank 4 in Steel Meridian and rank 2 in Red Veil. I could unlock rank 5 in SM but I don't have the Trinity Prime part they want to get to rank 5.

Also I see vacuum is now an all sentinel mod? Where does this drop?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

N-N-N-NINE BREAKER
Jul 12, 2014

Insert name here posted:

Thanks I appreciate it! What mods are you looking for? I'm only rank 4 in Steel Meridian and rank 2 in Red Veil. I could unlock rank 5 in SM but I don't have the Trinity Prime part they want to get to rank 5.

Also I see vacuum is now an all sentinel mod? Where does this drop?

Just ask in clanchat for 1, they're pretty common

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Are any of the free Dex weapons from the recent event worth holding on to? I've messed around with them a little and they don't seem that special.

My understanding is that even if you sell the weapons you get to keep the weapon slots they occupied, but I may be wrong.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
Dex Sybaris is excellent, other two are meh

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

I could do with your...assistance.

Vakal posted:

My understanding is that even if you sell the weapons you get to keep the weapon slots they occupied, but I may be wrong.

This is true, I've spoke with some veteran players who did the event just for more weapon slots.

Also as noted the Dex Sybaris is very good.

Blight Runner
May 3, 2009

Insert name here posted:

You're welcome! Take your time. As mentioned above, ask in clan chat for the Trin Neuroptics. You still gotta get to MR12, but just look for BlightRunner11 in-game. I don't wanna have you get mods so early when I might get them before we trade. I already have the SM weapon mods, just working on the warframe augments and the Captura background. Focus on your MR first, since that lets you get more standing/rep per day.

Dimo ArKacho
Sep 12, 2008

I'm not creative enough to come up with something good
Should I play this game? Do goons still play actively?

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Dimo ArKacho posted:

Should I play this game? Do goons still play actively?

On PC? Yup!

Dimo ArKacho
Sep 12, 2008

I'm not creative enough to come up with something good

SSNeoman posted:

On PC? Yup!

Are we on either of the discords for this?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

if you like the actual gameplay in warframe then chances are you might click with the game enough to enjoy it for the long haul to whatever degree. if you don't, then don't keep trying to force yourself to play it

it's also pretty active on pc, yeah

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Dimo ArKacho posted:

Of course.

Where else am I going to get animal pictures?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Dimo ArKacho posted:

There is a Warframe-specific discord link in the OP. PC crowd remains very active.

ssmagus
Apr 2, 2010
Assmagus, LPer ass-traordinaire
Goons are active, But never seem to do anything more then reroll rivens these days.

Or make the dojo even more of a pain.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

ssmagus posted:

True endgame.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

ssmagus posted:

Goons are active, But never seem to do anything more then reroll rivens these days.

Do not blaspheme against the Christmas Dojo :colbert:

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

The fact that it's half-accidental the the ascension shrine is accessible at all amuses me. The placement was intentional, but we didn't know the the interaction points were around the edge, so the fact the one of them happens to line up with the floating snowman is pure coincidence.

fastbilly1
May 11, 2016
Finally beat War Within and got my first Riven mod (I am one of the cool kids now). However the Riven mod was a three headshots kills while gliding with a rifle. After three sessions of trying to do this both solo, as limbo and as nova, and with a buddy playing Vauban, I figured that I might just have to wait on doing it. Then I realized that I was using a shotgun, not a rifle, and the mod wasnt equipped... Fired up an Elara run on Jupiter (ride the air vent) and got the three headshots in less than a minute with the Dex Sybaris. Excitement is paramount on chat as the Riven opens and it fall as it is for the Torid:
Torid Arma-zentinak
Drain 10
+8.4% Flight Speed
-8.5% weapon recoil
+4.7% Magazine capacity
This would be fine but I just sold the Torid since I preferred the pox and I cant use it for two more Mastery Rank levels.

But in the process of doing it, I got the last naitan extract for Saryn Prime so not all is lost.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

fastbilly1 posted:

Torid Arma-zentinak
Drain 10
+8.4% Flight Speed
-8.5% weapon recoil
+4.7% Magazine capacity

rip

If at all possible sell that. The torid is trash but some pubbies are convinced it's good

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

ssmagus posted:

I'm sorry about your chronic depression. Have you tried praying to our Lord and Savior Loki Swolecock?

ETURNA
Jul 3, 2006

Narayan
I just started playing this. I chose Volt as my initial frame. Seems pretty cool.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
Volt is a decent starter pick, although he's pretty easy to farm since his parts drop from an early boss, whereas Excalibur can't be farmed until much later in the progression system, and he's also kinda incredibly powerful for a starter frame. Either way though, welcome!

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

I wonder if they'll go back at some point and make the other starters comparable. Excal was garbo before his rework but now the others pale in comparison.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

randombattle posted:

I wonder if they'll go back at some point and make the other starters comparable. Excal was garbo before his rework but now the others pale in comparison.

I was about to say, I don't remember Excal being that great, but that was 2+ years ago. Maybe I should dust mine off and take it for a spin...

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I love volt, but when they removed the bonus range from shield it was pretty dumb imo. Of course goatlord waifu needs love the most.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

PathAsc posted:

I love volt, but when they removed the bonus range from shield it was pretty dumb imo. Of course goatlord waifu needs love the most.

... Sorry, which one's that?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Keeshhound posted:

... Sorry, which one's that?

Oberon

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

I could do with your...assistance.

Turn A posted:

I just started playing this. I chose Volt as my initial frame. Seems pretty cool.

He's a fun, versatile frame. Just be aware that his description is a lie; he's not a major damage dealer and he's by no means an alternative to gunplay.

Quirkk
Sep 1, 2012

Jabarto posted:

He's a fun, versatile frame. Just be aware that his description is a lie; he's not a major damage dealer and he's by no means an alternative to gunplay.

Well, it's an alternative to Excalibur, the gunplay frame.

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

Turn A posted:

I choose him as well when I started, and the Prime version was the first prime warframe I got. My semi-comprehensive advice.

1: You cannot take hits. The moment you hear a heavy gunner's weapon spool up, roll for the first piece of cover you find, because you're gonna die otherwise. Your shields exist to buy you time to get into cover and nothing more. *

2: Always remember that you have options.

Volt can do crowd control, buff allies with speed, and throw down cover anywhere. All of his powers are useful.

3: Learn his mechanics deeply. IMO Volt requires a bit more thought than, say, Excaliber to get the most out of him, and if you learn his mechanics (notably his shield, it interacts with some weapons and other powers in unique ways) you'll get a lot, LOT more out of him.

3a: His powers can ignore terrain to some degree. His shock power can 'reach around' obstacles to hit enemies if you aim it properly, and his 4th power outright ignores terrain. Feel free to stunlock everything before you even enter a room if you think there's a big group of enemies there.

4: No seriously you can't take hits. Don't try it. *

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...
That reminds me, i have been mostly playing Rhino lately and boy have i built some bad habits by expecting to be more or less invulnerable.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Skandranon posted:

I was about to say, I don't remember Excal being that great, but that was 2+ years ago. Maybe I should dust mine off and take it for a spin...

Yeah that was post rework. Now he makes an anime laser sword for his ult that shoots laser beams. Even with the nerf from months ago he's still the best starter.

ETURNA
Jul 3, 2006

Narayan

Rorac posted:

I choose him as well when I started, and the Prime version was the first prime warframe I got. My semi-comprehensive advice.

1: You cannot take hits. The moment you hear a heavy gunner's weapon spool up, roll for the first piece of cover you find, because you're gonna die otherwise. Your shields exist to buy you time to get into cover and nothing more. *

Volt can do crowd control, buff allies with speed, and throw down cover anywhere. All of his powers are useful.

3: Learn his mechanics deeply. IMO Volt requires a bit more thought than, say, Excaliber to get the most out of him, and if you learn his mechanics (notably his shield, it interacts with some weapons and other powers in unique ways) you'll get a lot, LOT more out of him.

3a: His powers can ignore terrain to some degree. His shock power can 'reach around' obstacles to hit enemies if you aim it properly, and his 4th power outright ignores terrain. Feel free to stunlock everything before you even enter a room if you think there's a big group of enemies there.

Cool. Generally, should I stick with bows and kunai/shurikens when it comes to his ranged gear? When should I consider using other frames?

I applied to the clan. Not sure if that's active.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Turn A posted:

Cool. Generally, should I stick with bows and kunai/shurikens when it comes to his ranged gear? When should I consider using other frames?

Nah assault rifles are the most versatile weapons with shotguns following close behind. Bows take the place sniper rifles do in most games and actual sniper rifles are trash.

Use other frames as soon as you can build them. That's useful for the mastery points alone.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Turn A posted:

Any weapon shot through his shield gains a bonus. So use any weapon.

You should try to get Rhino as soon as possible as he will be able to power through any mission whenever Volt is too squishy for it.

DONT DO IT
Jun 5, 2008

this level will be fun guys

Rorac posted:

To add to this remember Volt's 1st ability can be used while reloading without interrupting the action. Incredibly useful to stun enemies while you're vulnerable/looking for cover.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Hey, Tallgeese.

I found another one pubbies would possibly kill each other for. Not as good as the other, but it'd sell.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

now im imagining you starting some sort of fight club where pubbies literally have to kill eachother for the thing :v:

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
EDIT: Reading Comprehension sucks.

Unknown Quantity fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Apr 1, 2017

Vakal
May 11, 2008

ssmagus posted:

Every time I invite someone to the goon dojo to do a trade they always take about 5 minutes just walking around looking at the madness.

If the comment on it, then I show them the loki statue with the giant erection to really hammer the point home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I'm looking to sell some poo poo and buy some other poo poo.
First of all, I'm selling the rest of my arcane helmets, in case anyone is interested.

Squall Frost Helmet 350
Chlora Saryn Helmet 150
Reverb Banshee Helmet 150
Gauss Mag Helmet 110
Hemlock Saryn Helmet 100
Menticide Nyx Helmet 80
Backdraft Ember Helmet 70
Esprit Vauban Helmet 70
Avalon Excalibur Helmet 50

Hit me up if interested, I'm Axarca ingame

Azran fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Apr 1, 2017