Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I have been on this dead gay earth for the last 33, almost 34, years. probably been dead on the inside for far too long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
After the day I'm having, I just want to go home, walk and play with Frank.

Then get so goddamn baked I don't realize I'm stuck in that poo poo apartment another month.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

oh dear god i've been on these dead gay forums 12 years now
Ten years in two weeks. Yay? :toot:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
I really wonder how the gently caress anyone even hears about this forum and site anymore, and then decides to pay :10bux:. It's definitely obscure nowadays.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
My record player came in today, HCT. it owns. Been working from home listening to records.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

There's been a small trickle of people tired of Reddit and it's practically Wild West running.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

ElMaligno posted:

poz my neghole and gime ur cummies daddy

This is loving gross and weird.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Mike-o posted:

I really wonder how the gently caress anyone even hears about this forum and site anymore, and then decides to pay :10bux:. It's definitely obscure nowadays.

it's kinda good in that the shitposters have generally moved on and we wind up with a forum of people who are a bit older and have a bit of life experience like this one

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Two Finger posted:

it's kinda good in that the shitposters have generally moved on and we wind up with a forum of people who are a bit older and have a bit of life experience like this one

Ur mom

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

are you kidding i shitpost constantly

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I am broken

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Seeing stuff like this at school makes me feel like I fit right in

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Pity you won't shelfpost

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Two Finger posted:

Yeah I think you got that backwards

Reddit's ok if you just want to look at dogs and funny pictures or gonewild, but if you wanna discuss anything? lol shout into the void and maybe you said something early enough in that post's life to make it into the echo chamber

bengy81
May 8, 2010
The smaller subreddits can be ok. I post in regional gardening and jerkoff group fishing subreddits and they can be pretty good, but the rest of the site is just for looking and there is 0 sense of community, which may or may not be a feature, now that I think about it....

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
If this forum shut up shop I'd probably just not post on an internet forum any more.

You can call it gay and dead and whatever but show me a similar one that isn't a bunch of uptight dickheads.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

not caring here posted:

If this forum shut up shop I'd probably just not post on an internet forum any more.

You can call it gay and dead and whatever but show me a similar one that isn't a bunch of uptight dickheads.

I love my dead gay forum. Doubly glad I migrated most of my awful posting to the GIP. Y'all right.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, reddit is just for looking. You faggots are the only internet people I talk to anymore. It's the only place with any actual sense of community because you "know" people unlike anywhere else on the internet now.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
As far as I'm concerned, you're all a bunch of sadbrains AI to me.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
And you're just a marketing bot :v:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
We should all make out instead of just talking about making out.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
The last forum I read nearly as frequently went under a few years ago. I had a roommate in Korea that ran it, and it never got bigger than a few hundred people, maybe 30 active posters. It had an SA lite mentality with a fyad-esque subforum. But it's dead and gone and he's a professor or something now.

If this place dies, I'll probably just stop reading forums.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
If GiP goes under, I will recreate it on an out-dated, vbulletin-powered forum populated with AOL chatbots.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

The last forum I read nearly as frequently went under a few years ago. I had a roommate in Korea that ran it, and it never got bigger than a few hundred people, maybe 30 active posters. It had an SA lite mentality with a fyad-esque subforum. But it's dead and gone and he's a professor or something now.

If this place dies, I'll probably just stop reading forums.

how many active posters do we actually have? must be around 30

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
So I just heard a song on the radio where one of the lyrics was literally "if you can't handle me at my worst your don't deserve me at my best" :cripes:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

So I just heard a song on the radio where one of the lyrics was literally "if you can't handle me at my worst your don't deserve me at my best" :cripes:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Fire up Google Maps on your phone.

Now.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

My podunk shithole was too small for it to work. Had to go to a metro area.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Godholio posted:

Fire up Google Maps on your phone.

Now.

An Indian cemetery?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Is it an April fool's joke if it's the day before 🤔

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

LingcodKilla posted:

My podunk shithole was too small for it to work. Had to go to a metro area.

Same except gently caress going to a metro area.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

TBeats posted:

I bet those keys click so good.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Two Finger posted:

how many active posters do we actually have? must be around 30

Probably more than that. I don't bother venturing beyond a few threads (obviously) but I'd wager a nickel the service threads, police/fire, and dogge threads alone draw a hundred or two different accounts.

But that's about as optimistic as I get about it.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Terrible Robot posted:

Same except gently caress going to a metro area.

You just drag the map to another area.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

TBeats posted:

Selectric? I'm a huge dork for old tech.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Ghost in the Shell: owns.

Absolutely gorgeous. ScarJo does a terrific job.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
gently caress now I gotta go see it.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I'm a fan of the cartoon and this was super rad. My friend who's way more into the cartoon than I am was alright with the movie.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

cowboy elvis posted:

Ghost in the Shell: owns.

Absolutely gorgeous. ScarJo does a terrific job.

IDK, it got savaged by Rotten Tomatoes, it's rocking a 41 right now. Mostly because they basically did a really good job of creating a live action version of Masamune Shirow's dystopian cyberpunk future, but they hosed up by making the Major white, which was a huge mistake and their plot thing to explain it was hamfisted and dumb as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
The race thing is a non-issue to me. If ScarJo turned in a bad performance than it might have credibility. As it is, she puts in a great performance.

And for appearances, girl is human anime to begin with.

A Japanese actress would not have made the movie better save for being truer to the source.

• Locked thread