Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Ben posted:

"The Left Can't Take a Joke"

Bill O’Reilly said Maxine Waters’ hair looked like a James Brown wig. His was a small quip that should have registered a slight chuckle and then be forgotten. Instead, he faced the usual legacy media firestorm.

CNN pompously declared it 'an insult that should offend all Americans.’ The Chicago Tribune said the insult was 'par for O’Reilly’s ignorant course.' Even though Bill apologized (he shouldn’t have), the SJW crowd angrily cried that he be fired. This is a familiar pattern. It’s always about losing one’s job for saying things deemed politically incorrect these days. It’s the fascism of the left in action.

When I drew a cartoon depicting a mannish Michelle Obama, it sparked an avalanche of outrage. When I drew it, I was more or less a cartoonist working in obscurity. Suddenly I became known because I was a conservative conservative who dared to poke fun at a sacred icon. Only Michelle wasn’t sacred. She was a public figure living lavishly on the public dime. She was forcing kids to eat food they didn’t want. She wasn’t elected to do this—and the joke about her being ‘transgender’ was a common Internet meme. Even Joan Rivers called her a ‘tranny.’ Suddenly the cartoon was seen everywhere. I received hundreds emails expressing anger toward me—and even a few death threats. Again, it’s a pattern among the legacy media. I call it the ‘ain’t it awful game.’ They enjoy getting angry when the perceived transgressor is on the right. The mainstream media welcomes such anger because they know it attracts eyeballs—as long as that anger is directed toward conservatives.

If Whoopi Goldberg made that comment about Maxine’s hair, does anyone seriously think there would be outrage? Of course not. The left would laugh. Even if Bill Maher said it, he’d get a pass. But if a conservative makes a quip mildly critical of physical attribute owned by a lefty, then there’s all sorts of ferocious condemnation. In this manner, the left thus makes themselves immune from ridicule and satire from the right. The right becomes afraid to make jokes and then the left criticizes the right for being incapable of humor. You just can’t win with lefties.

I’ve made fun of Bill O’Reilly myself. I’ve called him “the big leprechaun.” And an angry one at that. Do you think Bill would be offended if he heard me say that? I don’t think so. That’s because the right gets ridiculed by the left all the time. Trump gets it in spades. That’s OK. But poke fun back at the left? Watch out. Especially if the subject is a person ‘of color.’

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Ben posted:

I’ve made fun of Bill O’Reilly myself. I’ve called him “the big leprechaun.” And an angry one at that. Do you think Bill would be offended if he heard me say that? I don’t think so. That’s because the right gets ridiculed by the left all the time. Trump gets it in spades. That’s OK. But poke fun back at the left? Watch out. Especially if the subject is a person ‘of color.’

Maxine Waters, a "so called" black person.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Go gently caress yourself, Garrison.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Hey Ben, how about I take a joke AND you take a punch?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

That cartoon did get I Feel Good stuck in my head though so there's that

Impeeeach Trump (da da da da da da da)
'Cause the man is a dump now

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

:discourse:

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

quote:

Suddenly I became known because I was a conservative conservative who dared to poke fun at a sacred icon.

You drew her with a dick, you chinless Nazi dork.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

"Why is it I'm not allowed to use the n-word :("

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
"It was just a JOKE Libtards!!!"

Yeah, we know it's a joke, it's an inappropriate joke that you felt comfortable making which says a WHOLE lot about you. Like Eric Bolling, "Calm down everyone: I was JOKING when I said a black woman was on crack!!" WE loving KNOW YOU'RE JOKING. Liberal comedians are the only type that are funny, we loving GET humor, we aren't criticizing you making a loving joke, we are criticizing the joke you made. Oh what's that? "Stupid Libs angry Trump said 'pussy' that's just locker room talk, grow up it's just a naughty word"? I'm glad to see this type of deflection will always be around both purposely and due to general thick headedness.

Wait...I thought Hillary was an over aggressive war hawk who was going to kick off WW3 with Russia while Trump said it would be great if we just got along with them??

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

yep

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Only in USA somebody would draw a bunch of corporations has being part of the left.

Defending universal healthcare in USA would be too leftist for the Dem party, but in many european countries it would be defending the status quo.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

I AM THE TOILET posted:

Not to give this guy any credit, but there's soon gonna be a time that even the shittiest CRT is gonna be worth a nickle on account of they're actually no longer being made, and you got fickle dweebs over in Games and the web beyond sweating over whether or not they can play they Super Nintendos on a goddamn Curtis Mathis or Sony Wega, because that's the only way they can get hard any more. Drunky's a piece of poo poo, but on the other hand - yeah, I totally see a dork dropping six hundo on a lovely teevee what so the colors on they NES is properly washed out.

Meh, Duck Hunt simply does not function on a modern TV because the refresh rate is too fast.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Holy poo poo his actual loving defense for that Michelle Obama comic is "The tranny thing was a meme already" holy poo poo gently caress you Garrison you horrendous mockery of a human.

Seriously can we make a D&D contest to mock up Garrison toons like we did with the 'This cartoonist doesn't know how net neutrality works" or something? We all know how much that pisses him off.

OldTennisCourt fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Mar 31, 2017

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

ACRE & EQUAT posted:

America has moved forward and conservatives have not noticed that the overton window has spread to the left. They respond by doubling down and changing their goalposts arbitrarily.

A literally what this is saying cartoon.
Branco drew the entire world moving away from him over time and never stopped to think maybe his unmoving, dated viewpoint was the problem. No, it's the entire rest of the world that's crazy.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

[x]

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

This is a good edit.

Fates End
Oct 17, 2009
I don't think Tinsley knows what a TV looks like. CRT or LCD.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Branco: Only Michelle wasn’t sacred. She was a public figure living lavishly on the public dime. 

Ah yes, that first lady who lived lavishly on the public dime.... Michelle Obama.

Tinsley draws a thicc TV.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Cloks posted:

Branco: Only Michelle wasn’t sacred. She was a public figure living lavishly on the public dime. 

Ah yes, that first lady who lived lavishly on the public dime.... Michelle Obama.

And if she had lived super thriftily so as to not waste public money she would have enjoyed lots of mocking as the shabby first lady who dressed from chain stores and packed her own sandwiches. Can't win.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Barack and Michelle, at least as far as outward appearances go, are a fantastic couple who support each other and love their children. Naturally conservatives respected them and.....haha, nah, they drew Michelle as having a fat rear end and a dick bulge. And it goes without saying who they put in the White House. Family values!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Michelle Obama was a fatass who only wanted kids to eat healthy because it meant shorter lines at the Burger King

References: cartoons

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the Tories' great repeal bill – Government plans to create temporary powers to let ministers amend thousands of laws after Brexit have been condemned as a an executive power grab"

Independent:

The i paper:

Times:

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
So what percent of British political cartoons are defecating animals? 10?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

World Famous W posted:

Surprisingly low, all things considered.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Cloud Potato posted:

Independent:

Cloud Potato posted:

Independent:

I appreciate the consistency.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

World Famous W posted:

100%, just like all political cartoons, they're all poo poo.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Vib Rib posted:

I appreciate the consistency.

Both toons were most likely planned together, to be published in sequence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iWvedIhWjM

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

OK, I'm dumb. Who is Chuck M.?

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Sandpuppy posted:

I think he's one of Garrison's commissioners. I'm pretty sure I remember him paying Benny boy before.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

OldTennisCourt posted:

Holy poo poo his actual loving defense for that Michelle Obama comic is "The tranny thing was a meme already" holy poo poo gently caress you Garrison you horrendous mockery of a human.

Seriously can we make a D&D contest to mock up Garrison toons like we did with the 'This cartoonist doesn't know how net neutrality works" or something? We all know how much that pisses him off.

Make a whole thing of editing his cartoons to make him look like he's not a nazi

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Make him look like he's a communist? :v:

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

From the Netherlands

From Sweden

From the Netherlands

From the Netherlands

From Austria

From Austria

From Austria

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Cat Mattress posted:

Both toons were most likely planned together, to be published in sequence.
Yeah, I wasn't saying otherwise, it's just a nice touch.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Sandpuppy posted:

I think it's just a rando that gave Garrison the idea for this cartoon. He frequently credits people like this. I think he takes suggestions from his patrons.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

What Garrison nerds to know but clearly still won't care about is that historically, black women being portrayed as less feminine and more manly was considered proof of their inferior, animalistic genetics and used to openly justify systemic racism.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

Cloud Potato posted:

Independent:

Is that Sturgeon or Merkel?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
An interesting historical note is that if you go back far enough, to like, early colonial times, black women were typically depicted as beautiful seductresses.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Picnic Princess posted:

What Garrison nerds to know but clearly still won't care about is that historically, black women being portrayed as less feminine and more manly was considered proof of their inferior, animalistic genetics and used to openly justify systemic racism.

I bet they know.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Zanzibar Ham posted:

I bet they know.

I bet they don't do that much introspection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Flip Yr Wig posted:

Is that Sturgeon or Merkel?

I'm pretty sure it's Sturgeon.

There's no real reason for it to be Merkel (after all it's to Tusk that the article 50 invocation was sent, and it's Barnier who'll be the head negotiator on the EU side); and there's a big reason for it to be Sturgeon (she sent May a letter requesting the second Scottish independence referendum immediately after May sent the letter invoking article 50).

• Locked thread