Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

They dumped out .f

Apparently 2 gigs to fix full landing pads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017

Ayn Marx posted:

I love how proud Derek is to post these ugly rear end screenshots like that was going to somehow shut MoMA up :xd:

At least he has a game you can play. Graphics aren't everything either. I've put more hours into Paradox games than any other, and I don't play those for the graphics.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Our resident internet warlord needs a gentle touch, but at least we have moma here to keep him occupied.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
The SC sub redit is loving awful now to use, they've spunked wing commander poo poo all over it and your cursor is a space dildo or something

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

ManofManyAliases posted:

Hi everyone!

I wanted to share our plans for the 2.6.2 release today as we're nearing the final stages before going to Live!

2.6.2e-521264 is currently on PTU and is available to all players for testing. The Buccaneer has been made available for all PTU testers!
We've got a singular issue left that we are identifying where all pads are full. This is due to ships not being cleaned up as players leave the game.
A code build has just been completed and is now in internal QA testing.
Provided it passes, we will publish this update to PTU at approximately 3pm CDT/9pm GMT.
This is a Live candidate, so we expect to leave it up for a few hours. Players with fast internet and no bandwidth caps are encouraged to help us stress test!
Assuming this all checks out, we will then be publishing 2.6.2 to Live around 7pm CDT/1am GMT.
Shortly after the publish, we will announce sales information.

Stay tuned for more information! We appreciate everyone's help in getting 2.6.2 out the door; we're almost there!

On a related note, I saw some questions about how more players would participate with the long-awaited delta patcher system. We're hard at work on this and are happy to say we're reaching some very critical milestones!

For more information on the Turbulent side of the delta patcher, check out https://youtu.be/CPJK3KozJo4?t=955.

Sales. Always the sales.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Word?

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

Colostomy Bag posted:

They dumped out .f

Apparently 2 gigs to fix full landing pads.

Progress! 400+ employees made this happen!

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I'm a bit out of the loop, is there anything of note actually in 2.6.2 or what the gently caress ever?

Also MoMA you should come play MWO with us. You'll love it because I know you like mech games and also opportunities to give terrible people all your money for a lovely product that can barely be called a video game.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
https://twitter.com/DisturbedJim83/status/847908267477151745
https://twitter.com/iq_derek/status/847919855865126913
https://twitter.com/TarkaRoshe/status/847920997168803840

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Those are pretty drat ugly but also cute as hell :3:

LOD is the Pug of videogames. Fundamentally broken, wheezing and farting it's way through life, and yet entirely inoffensive and endearing in it's own special way.

I'm not sure what SC is in this analogy.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/CreauxTeeRhobat/status/847496601387978755
https://twitter.com/CreauxTeeRhobat/status/847510865884585984
https://twitter.com/CreauxTeeRhobat/status/847511248384040962

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

dereks ugly game sincerely looks cool and good. if i wanted fidelity id watch national geographic

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

peter gabriel posted:

The SC sub redit is loving awful now to use, they've spunked wing commander poo poo all over it and your cursor is a space dildo or something
haha they got you good!!

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

Is there a source for that last one or is it just folklore?

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Fatkraken posted:

LOD is the Pug of videogames. Fundamentally broken, wheezing and farting it's way through life, and yet entirely inoffensive and endearing in it's own special way.

A proposal for a genetically engineered dog that takes all of the best traits of every dog, with zero negative traits, while being immortal and making GBS threads rose smelling gold bricks.
His company, in the last 5 years, has so far produced this

The guy selling the idea for hundreds of millions is currently yachting off the coast of Italy doing research. He hopes to have some progress by the Monaco Grand Prix. If not Maui should help and it really helps he can get everywhere super fast in his $145,000 Porsche.

Space Crabs fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Mar 31, 2017

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

sidenote but The Thing totally loving rocks

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Never Free Tophat

Space Crabs fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Mar 31, 2017

PrimeNerd
Dec 17, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

That's some Stimperial April Fools because they don't understand how to do a proper April Fools joke adjusted for local time instead of just GMT.

You can thank me later Goonmando!

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

peter gabriel posted:

The picture of a stoned Mark Hamill is nice.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
I keep thinking the special CIG whale dinner was "Dinner for Schmucks" situation.

Like, all of upper management invites a whale at then when it's over they vote on who had the most pathetic whale.

Wesha in his furs it trying to act like he thinks Elon Musk might.

Dickwulf talking about how he thinks he's going to score with this Norwegian girl he's been sending ships and other jpegs to.

Moma showing off his belt...

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

boviscopophobic posted:

Derek tweeted the link to Sandi's IMDB page a couple years ago and it's evolved since then in backers minds

I posted about it awhile ago

Space Crabs posted:

I like how that too has been distorted over time by backers.

It's the nefarious GOONS using their SJW Mechanics that CIG valiantly resisted to protect the refuge from goons CIG is building.

When it was calling out prominent RSI posters for harassing women with dick pics, which promptly got RSI to ban the women involved and any goon who complained about it while RSI posters cheered for this victory struck against goons by banning a woman who they had been creepily harassing.

This is just like the crazy Rollercoaster of Derek re-tweeting a tweet two years ago turning into

"Harrassing Chris Roberts"
"Harassing Chris Roberts' Family"
"Harassing and stalking Chris Roberts' family"
"threatening, stalking and harassing women and children"
"running an organized hate campaign with the specific goal to harass, stalk and threaten women and children"

Basically Star Citizen has been in development so long that stories are being passed down to new generations by Bards and they forget some of the lyrics each time. So you are right, it's literal folklore.

Just like how the Xi'an Scout thing is now a mystery, and Doorgate never happened, and Accelewrath sending pictures of his dick to girls on RSI forums and getting the girls banned when they complained was actually CIG just stamping out a goon Social Justice Conspiracy.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

alf_pogs posted:

sidenote but The Thing totally loving rocks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rT7AH4JyuNs

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

boviscopophobic posted:

It's canon in the shitizenverse; no source necessary. Also IIRC the whole "our employee IDs don't say CIG on them" thing was a classic Lesnick deflection, but the Escapist podcast after the article got noticed said they talked to former employees on Skype and compared them with LinkedIn profile photos for verification (as well as looking at pay stubs), but shitizens still love to trot out that old canard.

Wise Learned Man fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Mar 31, 2017

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Fatkraken posted:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Painted_fish

Unethical, not what it looks like. The color fades after a few months, or it just dies. Neither more interactive nor more interesting than a dog, yet it's owners will insist it is better.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

thatguy posted:

You should check out Derek's game. It looks like it's from the 90's as well.

:drat:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

I'm a bit out of the loop, is there anything of note actually in 2.6.2 or what the gently caress ever?

Also MoMA you should come play MWO with us. You'll love it because I know you like mech games and also opportunities to give terrible people all your money for a lovely product that can barely be called a video game.

The Buccaneer is flyable.
Toilet works? Or was that 2.6.1?
Megamap partial something.
Prone and some other maneuver removed from Star Marine.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

peter gabriel posted:

please try to calm down :arghfist:

Tokyo Sexwale fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Apr 1, 2017

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Hopefully his next train of thought may be to ask himself why the main webpage is designed to deceive the common visitor.

Paying attention to something on a daily basis should mean "I know more details than the common people."

In CIGs case, paying attention basically means "I know where the lies are and sort of what is real and is not."

This is unfortunate, but somehow continues to be not alarming to backers.

Wish MoMA responded to my Microsoft lies bit. I'd love to know which lie will be the lie that brings the whole thing down. If there is such a lie. The CEO lying about releases dates since day 0 and basically postponing release indefinitely is apparently not enough somehow.

Really if you want a game so much, and don't care if you ever actually get it and are endless teased like a donkey with a carrot on a stick, I don't think there's anything that could be said to sway you. Once you no longer care about the end result the journey is all you have to hold on to.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Hm. Looks like he's traveling at about 8 legs per dune mound. Or 8l/dm.

Somebody get NASA on the loving phone with this!

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

Q1 is in the books! Quarterly funding is down $1,752,326.31 (26%) compared to 2016, and down $3,806,451.93 (43%) compared to 2015.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

boviscopophobic posted:

Q1 is in the books! Quarterly funding is down $1,752,326.31 (26%) compared to 2016, and down $3,806,451.93 (43%) compared to 2015.

It's dead Jim.

Fantastic work by the way.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Chin posted:

haha they got you good!!

Wait, is that an Apr:negative:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

boviscopophobic posted:

This is good for Star Citizen.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Projecting much?

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

thatguy posted:

I've found a way to not only laugh at the people obsessed with Star Citizen but the people who are obsessed with laughing at the people who are obsessed with Star Citizen. Now you may think it ends there but within the past year or so I've also begun to laugh at the people who come into this thread and are obsessed with telling the people who are obsessed with laughing at the obsessed Star Citizens that they're wrong/creepy/hypocritical/obsessed.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

"Have we successfully documented, over the span of years, how little this person matters yet? I was sure we had gotten the point across around the first 500,000 words

but we should probably keep going to make people understand how little we care"

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Canada Post Mail Carrier VS Attack Cat....EVERY SINGLE DAY....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yafmOA3iJOo&app=desktop

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
Just think, there are backers like MoMA who are actually excited and hyped about x.x.2 "bug fix patch"

Meanwhile, games like Miscreated (on the same engine) just added 50 player servers (through a delta patcher!!!!), Blackwake has a major patch in a few weeks with a 2 man team, and now I see Stellaris updated?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

No you see in Star Citizen you will control your drill pressure when mining, so the grind will feel awesome and fidelitous

:golfclap: