Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

Popete posted:

Even at $10 that is a terrible bet.

My gambling style is high risk high reward

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

My gambling style is high risk high reward
so how much did you make betting Trump on PredictIt last fall?

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

That Padres lineup is super young and unproven but might be kind of OK, but that rotation looks like the waiver wire in a 20-team fantasy league.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
https://twitter.com/MLB/status/847893768988631040

:allears:

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

bawfuls posted:

so how much did you make betting Trump on PredictIt last fall?

I don't see much point in betting on the apocalypse

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

imo the Cubs should do more things like this that are clever and funny, and less things like "That's Cub" that are unclever and unfunny.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Sydin posted:

imo the Cubs should do more things like this that are clever and funny, and less things like "That's Cub" that are unclever and unfunny.

I concur. Also while I love the YES ads, especially stuff like H2Bro, I am intensely jealous of the Cubs' acting chops.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

I love everything about this. :swoon:

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Sydin posted:

David Ross being bad at things (stamping a box, making an all-star vote, etc) should be a running theme.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I really enjoy how Eddie Vedder has just become a part of the Cubs.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Here's a piece about why Trout isn't a megastar. It's very good, and even touches on why scouts didn't really go see him much in high school.

https://twitter.com/MJ_Baumann/status/847620119463198720

quote:

With his big, ever-present grin, Trout often resembles nothing so much as a golden retriever given human form, and his attitude, at least as far as we know, is more ecumenical than Calvinist — he wants to play the game his way, but however you want to play the game is OK too.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Mar 31, 2017

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
I knew Greinke signed a giant contract but I guess I never did the math and figured out how much it was per year - he's making 34 million this year :wth: thats gotta be the highest AAV in baseball right?

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

I knew Greinke signed a giant contract but I guess I never did the math and figured out how much it was per year - he's making 34 million this year :wth: thats gotta be the highest AAV in baseball right?

Kershaw barely edges him out at 35.57m :wth:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the reds have a pitcher named rookie davis and i'm like 99% convinced he is a fictional player from ken griffey jr super nintendo baseball

canadianclassic
Nov 3, 2004

yeah but greinke turned to poo poo as soon as he got paid

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

canadianclassic posted:

He got paid a few times before that and doesn't strike me as the type of guy to go "oh this is how much money I need."

Wait, he actually might strike me as that type of guy but not for reasons anyone else could understand. Zack's a weird dude.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Pitchers :shrug:

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av
Stro looks pretty great so far in pre-season (and WBC)

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

R.D. Mangles posted:

the reds have a pitcher named rookie davis and i'm like 99% convinced he is a fictional player from ken griffey jr super nintendo baseball

It's hilarious to see people keep saying this having followed him at least a little bit as a Yankee farmhand.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

canadianclassic posted:

Or he turned to poo poo when he went from the 2015 Dodgers league leading defense and pitcher friendly Dodger Stadium to the 2016 D-backs garbage defense and hitter friendly Chase Field.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Greg Bird hit the first dinger in SunTrust Park history, this is a sign of greatness

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I've been dozens of times but can never keep Atlanta geography straight: where's SunTrust relative to the problem with I-85?

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Welp, there go my plans to hate the Cubs after the "That's Cub" bullshit.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
I like the slightly askew employee of the week plaques and Schwarber's emotion but Zobrist is the lowkey star of that bit

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

I've been dozens of times but can never keep Atlanta geography straight: where's SunTrust relative to the problem with I-85?

Looks like it's about 15-ish miles northwest of the collapse.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Suntrust still has some kinks to figure out apparently. The lights flickered once, the scoreboard went out for about a minute and the press elevator went down.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

Inspector_666 posted:

Here's a piece about why Trout isn't a megastar. It's very good, and even touches on why scouts didn't really go see him much in high school.

I like how this article confirms that Mike Trout is basically the super friendly dork that his endorsement quotes and pictures on the Super Pretzel box made me assume he was.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Carlosologist posted:

Greg Bird hit the first dinger in SunTrust Park history, this is a sign of greatness

I should just buy a drat 33 jersey at this point, even if it won't come with any fun patches. My current Joba jersey is from 2008 so it's got the ASG and the "Yankee Stadium 1923-2008" patches.

EDIT: Judge is tempting, too, though. 99 is a fun number.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Apr 1, 2017

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

I really want to hate the Cubs but this is so good.

Has a very This is Sportscenter vibe to it.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Inspector_666 posted:

This article is really good and actually helps me totally understand and sympathize with Trout. Guy is already living the dream, why screw it up by pursuing celeberty-dom you're not even really all that interested in?

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Sydin posted:

Or he turned to poo poo when he went from the 2015 Dodgers league leading defense and pitcher friendly Dodger Stadium to the 2016 D-backs garbage defense and hitter friendly Chase Field.
well yes, but also he's lost velocity, the quality of his stuff has degraded. The Dodgers were pretty fortunate with how that deal worked out in the end

Grittybeard posted:

Zack's a weird an awesome dude
He'll always be one of my favorite players

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Apr 1, 2017

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

David Ross sighing and saying David is the best part of that video

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Zack...

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

The Greater Goon: Breaking Hearts and Chains since 2006

Goodpancakes posted:

David Ross sighing and saying David is the best part of that video
I didn't watch the video, until I saw this post.

Watch this video, even if you don't like the Cubs. Also, David Ross is the best part of this video.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
The Padres finished spring training exactly as they should: losing 4-2 to their high-A affiliate

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Giants roster is just about set. Matt Cain will be the 5th starter, alas. Left field will be a platoon of Jarrett Parker vs RHP and Chris Marrero against lefties. Marrero is a minor league guy who came out of nowhere to make the team. Hit 8 dingers in the Cactus League. Also he's a first baseman... Don't know much about the guy but the Nats drafted him in the first round once upon a time.

They sent Jae-Gyun Hwang to AAA but he'll play some OF in Sactown and could be back soon. Aaron Hill got the last infield spot.

Would not be shocked to see a trade for a LF or SP at the deadline if the guys we have stink. Or Beede called up midseason.

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

CubsWoo posted:

The Padres finished spring training exactly as they should: losing 4-2 to their high-A affiliate

At least we have the Gaslamp to go to before and after the games this year. :smith:

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

The Jays signed Chris Coghlan. Curious to see what they do with him / where they put him.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund

The Berzerker posted:

The Jays signed Chris Coghlan. Curious to see what they do with him / where they put him.

AAA Buffalo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

The Berzerker posted:

gently caress that guy. :mad:

N: Gibbons extended as Blue Jays manager through 2019 with club option for 2020.
V: Sure, why not.

shadok fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Apr 1, 2017

• Locked thread