Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

exquisite tea posted:

Quickloading from a campfire will always heal you back to full.

This is true, but that said, resting at campfires should just heal you (and imo, fill the first level of medicine pouch if you get a skill or finish a quest that unlocks it).

HZD is not the perfect game but it is so damned close in a lot of ways. It's up there with Bloodborne and TF2 in the list of games this gen that I just had a ton of fun with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Brightman posted:

Yeah, I'm just not sure if it'd drop loot or maybe make it so you couldn't call another one for a while or something since it's something you summoned instead of overrode in the wild.

I wouldn't be surprised if it did since that skill is at the top of a tree and by the time you get there there's no point in stopping you from very slowly grinding on summoned mounts if you really wanted to.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

bloodychill posted:

This is true, but that said, resting at campfires should just heal you (and imo, fill the first level of medicine pouch if you get a skill or finish a quest that unlocks it).

HZD is not the perfect game but it is so damned close in a lot of ways. It's up there with Bloodborne and TF2 in the list of games this gen that I just had a ton of fun with.

Yeah it should either not heal on load, or heal on rest/fast travel.

exquisite tea posted:

I don't think I ever filled up more than one medicine pouch bar at a time, which made the upgrade skill kind of useless to me. Just bought full health potions since by the end of the game 80 shards + 2 metal vessels is super cheap.

I found it fiddly to switch to potions in combat so I relied on the hotkey heal instead.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Bombadilillo posted:

I found it fiddly to switch to potions in combat so I relied on the hotkey heal instead.

Resist potions should have been on a different cycle from health/traps, like tapping another button should have toggled between all the different varieties. The slow time effect you get from bringing up the crafting wheel does work with potions too, however.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

exquisite tea posted:

Resist potions should have been on a different cycle from health/traps, like tapping another button should have toggled between all the different varieties. The slow time effect you get from bringing up the crafting wheel does work with potions too, however.

REALLY? So hold L1 and I can scroll while slo-mo? Good to know.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Man, Wipeout. That game was so insanely fast when it came out.

Also, you could put the disc into any ol CD player and listen to the soundtrack.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Titanfall MP trial is going on. Big download tho

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

a kitten posted:

Also, you could put the disc into any ol CD player and listen to the soundtrack.

Wasn't this the case for most PS1 games?

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

CRAYON posted:

I think so, yeah. If you did it with Symphony of the Night it was silent for a minute or two before you heard Alucard's voice saying something to the effect of "Hi, this is Alucard. You put a PlayStation disc in a CD player."

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

CRAYON posted:

Yeah, not sure of any actual percentage, but it was definitely a thing.

With at least one game (Ridge Racer? I forget) you could do the opposite and put in a CD once the game loaded and still play it, but with music of your choosing.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

CRAYON posted:

Yeah, it was even a big selling point for some games. See Rogue Trip and the Mighty Mighty Bosstones.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It didn't work with all games, but a decent percentage of early ones had the music just stored as tracks on the disc. Later on when games started taking up the whole CD music had to be stored differently you didn't see it so much.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

20% off PlayStation store code. Expires today at midnight.

B2274AL?B?

The missing number is 4+4.

naM sdrawkcaB
Feb 17, 2011

Is there any cool and chill folk out there who want to play some Diablo or is there another thread better for this?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

naM sdrawkcaB posted:

Is there any cool and chill folk out there who want to play some Diablo or is there another thread better for this?

There's a console thread in the Blizz subforum, that's a good bet too.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

20% off PlayStation store code. Expires today at midnight.

B2274AL?B?

The missing number is 4+4.

Thanks for this, $40 Cdn for The Last Guardian seems about right. Also got Mafia 3 story DLC, since I am one of the three people who liked that game.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Dunno if I'd but last guardian digitally. It's definitely a one play through game. It's great but you'll literally never play it more than once.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

CRAYON posted:

A goth girl in my middle school had a copy of Quake 1 for PC in her cd case just because NIN did the soundtrack.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Dunno if I'd but last guardian digitally. It's definitely a one play through game. It's great but you'll literally never play it more than once.

The difference between the proceeds I could get from reselling vs the discount I just got is negligible.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Saw this on Forbes. Author seems pretty pleased and confident that it helps with PS4 download speeds.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jplafke/2017/03/31/how-to-finally-fix-slow-ps4-and-psn-download-speeds-for-real/#7b463742d4eb

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Skwirl posted:

A goth girl in my middle school had a copy of Quake 1 for PC in her cd case just because NIN did the soundtrack.

I think that's the only legal way to get the NIN soundtrack now too, the digital version has an entirely different soundtrack (you can just replace the files with rips of the original if you want though)

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Quantum of Phallus posted:

That game deserves people's money. Be the change you want to see in the world.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lobok posted:

Saw this on Forbes. Author seems pretty pleased and confident that it helps with PS4 download speeds.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jplafke/2017/03/31/how-to-finally-fix-slow-ps4-and-psn-download-speeds-for-real/#7b463742d4eb

For someone who doesn't want to deal with Forbes's stupid login bullshit can you say what it says?

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

It's setting up your PC as a proxy server for your PS4 to connect to.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

ImpAtom posted:

For someone who doesn't want to deal with Forbes's stupid login bullshit can you say what it says?
For me often that login thing never actually appears, the page is just greyed out forever. Seems like something they should fix to me if they want anyone to ever visit their site for any reason.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Sorry, didn't realize. I don't have a subscription for Forbes so I dunno why it worked for me. I was on my phone if that makes a difference.

1. Download and install a proxy server on your computer. CCProxy is simple and has a free version for Windows computers. You can try Squidman for Macs

2. After launching your proxy server, get its IP and port number (from the HTTP port listing). In CCProxy, you can just hit the Options menu to get this info

3. Now, on your PS4, set up a new internet connection. Use the custom setup instead of the easy setup. Select auto for everything except the proxy

4. Plug in the IP and port number you previously got from your proxy server. (When I set this up using CCProxy, the port was listed as "8080," but you can try "808" if that doesn't work)

Lobok fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Apr 1, 2017

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lobok posted:

Sorry, didn't realize. I don't have a subscription for Forbes so I dunno why it worked for me. I was on my phone if that makes a difference

No need to apologize! Sorry, I really didn't mean for it to sound that way.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Yeah I think Forbes throws out at random either a) nothing, b) that login screen, c) a greyed out screen forever.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
It's just an anti-adblocker thing, open the page in Incognito mode (CtrlShiftN) and it should work.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
That work-around is some highly "blow on it, it'll work better" stuff and I'll continue trucking at my not-great-but-serviceable download speeds.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
As long as I can set it before I go to bed and it's finished when I wake up I don't care most of the time.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Pablo Gigante posted:

I think that's the only legal way to get the NIN soundtrack now too, the digital version has an entirely different soundtrack (you can just replace the files with rips of the original if you want though)

Seriously, gently caress I have a copy on Steam that I've never used and now I'm depressed because that was half the reason I bought it.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Skwirl posted:

Seriously, gently caress I have a copy on Steam that I've never used and now I'm depressed because that was half the reason I bought it.

Here: http://neogeographica.com/site/pages/tools/quakestarter.html
Use that, it'll set up a engine replacement to work better on modern systems and grab the soundtrack for you.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Brightman posted:

You don't like combat overrides? To each their own, but I did override a single ravager once and it proceeded to kill 2 more, 2 bellowbacks, a longlegs, and numerous watchers. When I decided to put it down the drat thing almost killed me despite already having a limp and barely any health.
I don't hate it but I was prioritizing bow skills and utility upgrades like increased health/drops. When I first looked at it "indefinite" overrides sounded possibly OP (like most of the stealth skills, the other branch I'm not putting many points into yet), and I haven't felt like doing any of the cauldrons past the first yet so the variety of targets is pretty limited. Also I think this is just an old, dumb habit but I was always wary of charm skills in open-world games because I worried the target you flip might draw a distant enemy I wasn't intending to fight (or, in older sandboxy games that would allow pretty much anything, accidentally kill/aggro an important friendly NPC, but that's not really a problem anymore.)

Last random bit of praise: when you first meet the Carja I thought it was weird they seemed to have a relatively complex monarchy and religion, since I just assumed they were hunter-gatherers like the Nora, and my layman's understanding was that agriculture was believed to be a prerequisite for those kinds of social structures. Then you approach Meridian and there's the Royal Maizelands.

KICK BAMA KICK fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Apr 1, 2017

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

:10bux: if you spend $60 via paypal through April 9th

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

:10bux: if you spend $60 via paypal through April 9th

10 off or rebate?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

10 off or rebate?

Rebate

quote:

You will receive a redemption code for the $10 USD credit ("Code") by April 21st, 2017

I got an email about the promo don't see it anywhere else so not sure if you have to click the store link in the email or what

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Rebate

I got an email about the promo don't see it anywhere else so not sure if you have to click the store link in the email or what

I got an email about getting a 10€ discount on 6th April (because I spent more than 50€ on March).

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Can definitely agree with all the praise and criticism of The Last Guardian. It's charming but the controls are awful (moreso the player character than Trico for me) and I've never seen anything run more poorly on PS4 Pro than the outdoor scenes.

And Mafia 3 lost my completed game save so I can't even play the DLC until I "assemble the crew" again. If I remember correctly that takes several hours. Ugh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So I thought I posted this already, but I hadn't. I like Far Cry Primal (which I'm just trying now,) more than Horizon Zero Dawn, what it lacks in story, it more than makes up for in Gameplay.