Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Alder posted:

They listed the free costumes in the schedule above but the cameo sets cost money.

He means the random items you find in dungeons like the spiked bat or leather bustier in P3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
He's talking about P4G giving you access to costumes the character actually wore like their gym clothes or their winter outfits, or even joke stuff like wearing Dojima's clothes, holiday themed stuff or Neo Feathermen outfits.

The answer to that as far as I know is no, though casual clothes and school uniforms are available as free DLC next weekend. Everything else aside from that and swimsuits are paid

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

https://twitter.com/Papapishu/status/847849232304353280

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

I love this. A lot

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Moltrey posted:

the only people you can't romance are the Velvet Room attendants

What the hell? I'm tired of this gaijin censorship! There is a perfectly good explanation for... you know what I'm going to stop this here as it's probably a serious discussion somewhere.

quote:

they got rid of the This Is A Serious Decision Prompt so you gotta use your brain to say you love someone

This is fine except it's Persona writing so the romance option will be some obtuse thing and the path to love is selecting the Get Bent option back on rank 5.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Mailer posted:

This is fine except it's Persona writing so the romance option will be some obtuse thing and the path to love is selecting the Get Bent option back on rank 5.

The only two that might not have been obvious in Persona 4 was Ai and Naoto. Then again I remember someone in the Golden thread selecting "Hug Rise" even with the warnings.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Naoto gets really mad when you select the one option too. But you are jumping out in front of a knife, you crazy marvelous fool you.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
this game owns
(localization spoilers)

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

Moltrey posted:

this game owns
(localization spoilers)

I really need to find the text to see if that was also in the original. If not holy crap I love the localization team.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It was in the original

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
good lord that is the dreamworks-smug-faceiest teacher.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

Saint Freak posted:

good lord that is the dreamworks-smug-faceiest teacher.

He wears a cravat and talks like a chuuni.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Moltrey posted:

this game owns
(localization spoilers)

woah dont let atlus know youre taking pics of your game

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

JB Hi-Fi, the Australian equivalent of Best Buy that also has games cheaper than any other game-selling-place has mysteriously removed this game from its website??

Anzen
Oct 21, 2010
That reference definitely was not in the original.

The third option says "croque-monsieur" because "croque" is spelled exactly like "clock" would in katakana.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Has anyone who's ordered on Amazon had their copy ship yet? My copy's supposed to ship today, but nothing so far.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Anzen posted:

That reference definitely was not in the original.

The third option says "croque-monsieur" because "croque" is spelled exactly like "clock" would in katakana.

My mistake I thought I remembered seeing it, that's pretty drat funny then

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Neo_Crimson posted:

Has anyone who's ordered on Amazon had their copy ship yet? My copy's supposed to ship today, but nothing so far.

It's been preparing to ship for weeks here.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

So I just Injured my left arm and cannot hold anything.. This happens days before P5

My right wrist was broken the day before mgs5 came out and i still found a way.

I believe in you.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

RME posted:

woah dont let atlus know youre taking pics of your game
not my pic, game cops aint got nothing on me

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Moltrey posted:

not my pic, game cops aint got nothing on me

The police don't care about your actual guilt, just if the person accusing you is rich enough. :colbert:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

ImpAtom posted:

The police don't care about your actual guilt, just if the person accusing you is rich enough. :colbert:
oh poo poo, guys help ive been labeled as a smuggler and am dragged away to go live with some sort of a family friend in tokyo where i'll have to repeat high school help!!

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Moltrey posted:

oh poo poo, guys help ive been labeled as a smuggler and am dragged away to go live with some sort of a family friend in tokyo where i'll have to repeat high school help!!

get hosed idiot

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

hope you end up breaking all your social links!!!!!

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Moltrey posted:

thou art i and i am thou stick your hand in the tv do it do it do it

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Moltrey posted:

Best to be picking your waifu and/or cat friend early then.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also not looking forward to all the hot takes about trump wrt this game, especially when so much of it is just copy/pasted from japanese headlines

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I am. This administration deserves all the ridicule it can get.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

My Gamestop called and told me to come pick up the game a day early so that's cool. Can't wait to play this video game in a couple days.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
persona 5 is antifa and my hot take is that loving rules

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
There seems to be way more group scenes? That or I'm misremembering P4.

Futaba acts like the 2nd oldest at times, Motoko is firmly in the Mom seat at this point.

That beach scene will get a lot of angry articles in the future.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Moltrey posted:

persona 5 is antifa and my hot take is that loving rules

yeah but it's antifa in a jp way!!!! not that that makes it less important or anything or there aren't parallels you can draw to us politics but i think understanding where a thing is coming from is important rather than just going 'persona 5 is #woke about the trump administration' or w/e

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
For real tho, I'm into how the big thing of Persona 5 is how hosed up adults are and that it's up to the younger generation to change things for the better, by force if necessary.

Like Wake Up, Get Up, Get Out There is just a song about being a rowdy millennial and destroying the Olds and it's rad

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Endorph posted:

yeah but it's antifa in a jp way!!!! not that that makes it less important or anything or there aren't parallels you can draw to us politics but i think understanding where a thing is coming from is important rather than just going 'persona 5 is #woke about the trump administration' or w/e
that's v. true, it's also important to read the message as the game presents it and not necessarily box it in to help a statement you may want to make

but also it warms my heart to see Persona 5 is woke about some things in these times we live in

except in the instance when it is very much NOT woke and instead falls the gently caress asleep

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah its cool political commentary stuff makes the ways in which its kind of regressive or digs its heels in kinda lame.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

this is why gatchaman crowds is the real woke anime

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8SOtjBmMME

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

destroy baby rat

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Hopefully there's a headline of a massive spike in Russian spies in the US. There's millions of us here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RME
Feb 20, 2012

persona but every time you summon a persona it plays the gachaman crowds transform sting