Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Kheldarn posted:

So what you're saying is that I need to get the Safety Bit on one of my guys. Alright. I have A Goal.

You can get 100% with Safety Bit.

Lightning innate dodge 30%
20 Sided Die 20%
Kiyomori 10%
Quick Assault x4 40%

I thought I was hosed because I didn't have a Noctis but turns out that you only need Noctis if you don't have the full 4x Quick Assault or a 20 Sided Die.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Apr 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

dangerous.hotdog posted:

23 Follower's Oaths
8 Hydaelyn Guards
4 Shard of Geniuses

I went a little too hard...

:stare:

And here I thought my 15 oaths, 4 guards, and 2 shards was a lot. :stare:

I could've maybe gotten another guard and some oaths, but I decided to sell my remaining 73k coins to more than double my gil on hand. Still have all the crafting materials to sell since the only gear I haven't made yet is Thancred's stuff and unless he has some weird gimmick I'm never going to use him.

HGH posted:

Speaking of Excalipoor, I'm only 35% of the way through my first Excalibur. However, with the release of Orlandeau, Gumi realize they hosed themselves over and proceeded to make most future events light resistant. Should I stop TMing my Cecil and replace him with Save the Queen, Sakurafubuki, etc...?

No because even with light resistance a pair of Orlandus will still put most other damage sources to shame.

Infected posted:

Everyone gets rainbow Bedile tomorrow.

That would actually be pretty amazing. Daily pull is free but it's given a 100% drop rate for a rainbow crystal that is just a joke* unit.

* until someone sees the joke skill is busted because of Gumi Coding(tm) and OHKOs everything. :v:

KDdidit posted:

Is there some finger magic to consistently get the 27x chain? On my iphone 6S I'm always trying with 2 different fingers and it works maybe 1/4 of the time and sometimes one TGC doesn't even fire at all and I don't even get a 9X chain.

Use two fingers so you can tap both characters (almost) simultaneously.

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Exdeath is a stud. His passive man eater ability makes him hit like a dump truck even without any MAG gear (I stack mine full of HP). He's going to become even more of a beast after enhancements which increases his man eater damage and makes his Meteor 3 hits for some crazy chaining. He's still considered god-tier in JP arena. His kit ensures that he's always a valid DD in arena no matter what's banned.

Long story short, you should invest in two more. :)

As someone who runs 3 Exdeaths (and a Rydia+Cecil) I'm going to second this. If dualcast isn't banned I can one round any team excluding the most tanky of assholes, like a realm-buffed Cecil/Refia or maybe the occasional white knight noel. I'm either going to level a 4th Exdeath for the team or a Shantotto when her 5* form comes to global just to help ensure more death for the enemy, especially if they get to go first.

King and Noctis users who go first are still major assholes though. :argh:

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost

PaybackJack posted:

I never managed to pull a Y'sholta from the raid gacha after 1.7 million spent. I did thankfully get enough of her moogle to get the one I got from the Raid itself to 100% so I guess I can't really complain.

Oh poo poo, was selling off Raid materials and forgot to keep my Star Motes to get Minfilia to 6*, whelp FML.

Her materials will come back with Titan... next year.

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe

Revvik posted:

Cleared down a few on my friends list. Got Orlandeau a couple days back, @ almost 800 attack right now.

gently caress, NinjaD's Lightning helped take down the Gilgamesh trial but I didn't even need the full dodge cheese. 816 attack on my Orlandeau now.

I tried for Lightning, Luneth, Olive, and Ramza. Never got any, settled for Firion, but Orlandeau showed up.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

PaybackJack posted:

You can get 100% with Safety Bit.

Lightning innate dodge 30%
20 Sided Die 20%
Kiyomori 10%
Quick Assault x4 40%

I thought I was hosed because I didn't have a Noctis but turns out that you only need Noctis if you don't have the full 4x Quick Assault or a 20 Sided Die.

You can get any 2 of: Immunity to confuse/paralyze, 100% dodge, immunity to instant death.

The only people who can do a gil-soloer are ones who have Dracu Lasswell at this point, for the extra dodge bump to let you run both Discernment and Safety Bit.

The Discernment is NOT optional, because the paralyze from the electric attack ignores evade and once it hits, he can just rain holy blades on your unmoving body.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

NinjaDebugger posted:

You can get any 2 of: Immunity to confuse/paralyze, 100% dodge, immunity to instant death.

The only people who can do a gil-soloer are ones who have Dracu Lasswell at this point, for the extra dodge bump to let you run both Discernment and Safety Bit.

The Discernment is NOT optional, because the paralyze from the electric attack ignores evade and once it hits, he can just rain holy blades on your unmoving body.

So when I get my 20-sided die finished. I should throw my ribbon in my free ability slot, then I can two man Gil with your Lightning.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

PaybackJack posted:

So when I get my 20-sided die finished. I should throw my ribbon in my free ability slot, then I can two man Gil with your Lightning.

If you've got Kiyomori and 4 Quick Assaults, yeah. You just have to get both of them alive after the second milestone, then. The third milestone will kill one, leaving one to finish the job.

Chasiu
Dec 30, 2007
Big thanks to NinjaDebugger's Lightning, I was finally able to beat the Gilgamesh trial today. Party consisted of:
Cecil - using Chirijiraden, mostly Provoking or LBing
Refia - Dualcasting Curajas and Full Lifes
Rain - Dual Wield Excalibur + Air Knife, auto attacking or Lava Floor
Bartz - Dual Wield Vernard + Coral Sword spamming Water Blade, occasionally using Life Giver to Refia when she was low on MP
Ninja D. - Sparkstrike or filling in for whatever element wasn't covered

I was previously able to get Gilgamesh down with a random Noctis on my friendlist to 30% before wiping, but Perfect Dodge Lightning brought it home for me this time. Got all of the achievements except killing Greg with a limit break, he died the same round to an 800 HP counterattack :\ I'll just wait until I have nothing better to do to go for the trust moogle in the future. Now I can put the Genji Blade and ATK+30% on my Chizuru, since I can't seem to pull a base 5-attacker for my life!

And of course, never chase the 'Du... did an 11 pull, half pulls every day and way too many tickets and came up with 54 blue crystals and 19 gold crystals only. Ended up with 3 Soleils, 5 Lawrences, 6 Ovelias, and multiple dupes of Refia (3), Luka (2), Gaffgarion (3), Ludmille (#6), Hayate (#4/5), Leon (#6), Guy (#5). I seem to keep pulling healers more than anything else, especially off banner :geno: With all these bonus units, I've basically already cleaned out King Mog, so now I can focus again on grinding out my Shines/Black Cowls/Kaiser Knuckles for Firi-Voltron. And in like 2 months, Bracers for everyone lol.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
The game continues to push me into quitting its stupid rear end by giving me another Tellah for a daily. Tellah Arc Jack Lawrence Lani Edge for the last six dailies, Medius Sazh Amarant Galuf Tellah Lawrence for the last six tickets. Not a single Soleil. I haven't made a 10+1 pull yet because I know I won't be able to sit down for several days from the pain it inevitably wants to deliver while other people pull rainbows from dailies.

February including raidcoins
code:
total	256
rainbow	  1 ([u]Y'shtola from raidcoins[/u])
gold	 28
blue	227

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Apr 1, 2017

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I finally managed a stupidly close FFT event run with 3 red chocobos wherein I accidentally brought my weakest orlandu friend (200 attack) instead of my strongest available and won because it turns out the last boss is vulnerable to paralysis. Go figure. Got like 7k things from that.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Make sure to get the copper chest bundle today...

(Should've hid a Bedile in there too.)

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Why should I pay $.99 for that?

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
For another shot at Orlandeau?

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
You know you never catch the dragon right?

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
But if I buy it I won't be f2p anymore

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Tipme posted:

It doesn't count if you use Google FunBux(TM)

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

MrLonghair posted:

The game continues to push me into quitting its stupid rear end by giving me another Tellah for a daily. Tellah Arc Jack Lawrence Lani Edge for the last six dailies, Medius Sazh Amarant Galuf Tellah Lawrence for the last six tickets. Not a single Soleil. I haven't made a 10+1 pull yet because I know I won't be able to sit down for several days from the pain it inevitably wants to deliver while other people pull rainbows from dailies.
If you're considering quitting because after 12 pulls, you haven' t gotten a unit that has a less than 1/20 chance of appearing, then yeah, I think that's a pretty good sign that you're over FFBE.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Tipme posted:

APRIL FOOLS!

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Might as well throw that ticket at the banner.

... I'll take it

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

For the hell of it, I decided to throw everything I had at March, and see what I'd walk away with. Here, then, are my results:

Ticket Pulls: 24
Half Price Pulls: 23
Total Pulls: 47

Rainbows: 1
Units
Dark Knight Cecil #2

Golds: 7
Units
WOL #1
WOL #2
Leon #1
Soleil #1
Luka #2
Mercedes #1
Soleil #2

Blues: 39
Units
Miyuki #3
Celes #3
Shera #3
Shera #4
Charlotte #6
Trey #4
Exdeath #3
Shera #5
Fang #5
Cinque #1
Elle #4
Lenna #2
Shera #6
Shera #7
Zidane #3
Golbez #5
Guy #2
Terra #5
Zidane #4
Zidane #5
Penelo #4
Bedile #Who cares?
Rakshasa #3
Zidane #6
Medius #3
Exdeath #3
Ovelia #1
Tellah #4
Edge #2
Cyan #5
Ingus #3
Terra #6
Cinque #2
Cyan #6
Ovelia #2
Lawrence #1
Miyuki #4
Ovelia #3
Rakshasa #4

I also dropped my Energy from over 300 down to just under 100.

I won't be do that again for awhile, as I need to replenish my supplies, and that takes time as an F2P.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I do enjoy the summon simulator at the wiki thing. This would have been awesome.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
The summon simulator is loving mean to me:

Attempts = 1
Lapis used = 5000
5★ (2) = Orlandeau Olive
4★ (2) = Soleil Seven
3★ (7) = Edge Lawrence Cinque Lawrence Trey Russell Penelo

ShinyDais
Sep 5, 2016

KDdidit posted:

I do enjoy the summon simulator at the wiki thing. This would have been awesome.

I had a simulator roll that was so bad I took a screenshot, too. That one's worse! 200k Lapis for Orlandeau...

Though if I'm doing my math right (400*0.5% chances and 40*2.5% chances), there's still roughly a 4% chance of that happening?

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Would have been better if the rainbow ended up as queen.

Who is the goon the pulled Orlandeau and put him up as the friend unit and now hasn't logged on for a week? Way to taunt people.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.
Want to try Gilaga what is the strat. I have to hit hik with elemental damage right?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

Want to try Gilaga what is the strat. I have to hit hik with elemental damage right?

Read all of this, then come back for unit selection and gearing advice.

http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Gilgamesh%27s_Offensive

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

The most important thing you really need to know is that you want to get Dana or NinjaD's Lightning behind the 30% threshold.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I have luka and WW Fina for 6* heals atm and no tm dual cast

Sounds like I should wait till I have refia maxed and that dual cast materia before I'll stand a chance

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I never got why Archeodemons are light immune in all their appearances anyway. Is it an evil church thing?

Dockworker
Feb 22, 2011

Just you wait, the union is gonna hear about this.

HGH posted:

I never got why Archeodemons are light immune in all their appearances anyway. Is it an evil church thing?

They are people using evil "holy" stones to gain power. All the people using the stones to transform into demons are holy knights or clergy of some sort.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

hagie posted:

Why should I pay $.99 for that?

$1 for a summon ticket is a good deal in and of itself. The 70 NRG and extra xp/gil are a nice bonus.

KDdidit posted:

Would have been better if the rainbow ended up as queen.

Who is the goon the pulled Orlandeau and put him up as the friend unit and now hasn't logged on for a week? Way to taunt people.

They're on vacation until April 2nd (I just noticed them in my friend list too).

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Cartoon Man posted:

Read all of this, then come back for unit selection and gearing advice.

http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Gilgamesh%27s_Offensive

So I would need to try and hit with lots of elements. I read rain might be a good pick? Should I bothrr getting him up to 6* I've been using Orlandeau and Luneth so never really bothered

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

I have luka and WW Fina for 6* heals atm and no tm dual cast

Sounds like I should wait till I have refia maxed and that dual cast materia before I'll stand a chance

Oddly enough I got my Refia the dual cast materia recently but I'll be buggered if I can figure out how it works. For example, hitting DC then curaja lets me select the target as usual and the red 1 appears on it but hitting it again (or any other valid spell) seems to clear the DC and make it work like a normal spell again. It's probably something really obvious in the UI but it escapes me.

On the plus side though I read the last few pages and realised the unit I got from the half price summon yesterday is a good one - Soleil. Of course all the rare tickets and other pulls were junk.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Rain's 5* is bad and doesn't get Lava Floor until he gets 6* anyways. If you use anybody for Greg definitely make sure they're 6* max level, and Rain does level up quickly at least. Greg's X-Slash still deals respectable aoe damage even if you seal all his elements.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Ratzap posted:

Oddly enough I got my Refia the dual cast materia recently but I'll be buggered if I can figure out how it works. For example, hitting DC then curaja lets me select the target as usual and the red 1 appears on it but hitting it again (or any other valid spell) seems to clear the DC and make it work like a normal spell again. It's probably something really obvious in the UI but it escapes me.

On the plus side though I read the last few pages and realised the unit I got from the half price summon yesterday is a good one - Soleil. Of course all the rare tickets and other pulls were junk.

That should be normal Dual Cast: Hit dual cast, select the first spell, select the second spell. Push the character to do the double magic. The second cast is a quarter second or so behind the first and the animation will overlap so you might miss it but it should be doing double the stuff. Like a dual casted curaja might look like just one but you should have the big healing of curaja pop up twice.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

there's a dude on reddit who has a Noctis specifically geared for doing the Gilgamesh trial, all you need is someone to seal holy and lightning and fire isn't a bad idea either since hypothetically his Noctis can get completely drained of MP and screw you. the unit has 100% dodge and you just use Fish every turn while whacking him with your fire/lightning/holy and on threshhold turns you use a provoke unit, literally anyone with golem (altho that's only 70% and can hypothetically fail) and use Warp Break to bump over the threshhold. i got the no items and 5 units achievement with Refia/CecilBartz/Gilgamesh/Primm but forgot about the limit break one and missed the moogle. edit: also do not use Cecil as his cover will gently caress up this strategy, Bartz wasn't bad since Entrust is pretty good in this fight, although he ran out of mana since i used him to seal fire after an unlucky bushido freedom killed Primm

oh also after my basically year of no base 5* and my disappointment at Ramza I managed to pull a Luneth and a Gilgamesh two days apart on the players choice banner, so that's extremely nice. i was very sick!! so i have some event thoughts to post here, has anyone else noticed the chocobo rate is ridiculously higher than the recent events or am i just really lucky with the rng on this one

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

rabidsquid posted:

there's a dude on reddit who has a Noctis specifically geared for doing the Gilgamesh trial, all you need is someone to seal holy and lightning and fire isn't a bad idea either since hypothetically his Noctis can get completely drained of MP and screw you. the unit has 100% dodge and you just use Fish every turn while whacking him with your fire/lightning/holy and on threshhold turns you use a provoke unit, literally anyone with golem (altho that's only 70% and can hypothetically fail) and use Warp Break to bump over the threshhold. i got the no items and 5 units achievement with Refia/CecilBartz/Gilgamesh/Primm but forgot about the limit break one and missed the moogle. edit: also do not use Cecil as his cover will gently caress up this strategy, Bartz wasn't bad since Entrust is pretty good in this fight, although he ran out of mana since i used him to seal fire after an unlucky bushido freedom killed Primm

oh also after my basically year of no base 5* and my disappointment at Ramza I managed to pull a Luneth and a Gilgamesh two days apart on the players choice banner, so that's extremely nice. i was very sick!! so i have some event thoughts to post here, has anyone else noticed the chocobo rate is ridiculously higher than the recent events or am i just really lucky with the rng on this one

Chocobo appearance rate is much higher and the difficulty of the event is much easier allowing you to run an all bonus team if you pulled Orlandu and bring a friend Orlandu. I'm sure they'll bring the bullshit back for the next one. They made a poo poo ton of money on this banner and probably thought it would be nice to throw us a bone...

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

oh yeah, i noticed this event is much easier. i can run four bonus units and my gilgamesh extremely trivially, which is awfully nice. between the ease of the event and the raid there was a lot of juicy rank exp while i was too sick to do anything but play a phone game

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Dockworker posted:

They are people using evil "holy" stones to gain power. All the people using the stones to transform into demons are holy knights or clergy of some sort.
Right, that part I recall, it's just that the actual named demons don't resist it. It always bothered me that the common jobber demons are the ones with the extra resistance and not all the major bosses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

April 1st, I had three back to back encounters with Red Chocos. 3x then 2x then 3x again. I thought for sure I was being April Fool'ed.

HGH posted:

Right, that part I recall, it's just that the actual named demons don't resist it. It always bothered me that the common jobber demons are the ones with the extra resistance and not all the major bosses.

God, Tactics was such a rad game. It's really a shame that it didn't translate into the same greatness in FFXII

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Apr 2, 2017

• Locked thread