Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Ammanas posted:

Man I gotta tell u I am not feeling the aesthetics of lizard dudes but I trust CA to execute em well

Alot of it will come down to colors too I think. If pretty uniform they may look good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Dandywalken posted:

Alot of it will come down to colors too I think. If pretty uniform they may look good.

yeah, the canon primary lizardmen color scheme kind of sucks in isolation. blue dude, red shield, and gold accents is bleh on its own.

(give me the army painter CA i have needs and those needs include a wood elf army in eye-searing teal and magenta)

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Any faction that uses these is cool in my book:

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
Man I'm so pumped that the Southlands part of this game, gives me hope for Tomb Kings ASAP, maybe the first big DLC. When do we think this will come out? Summer maybe?

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
I kinda wish that the reveal was in fact of Total War: South America, but dinosaur cavalry is a close second.

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

I imagine Tomb Kings would be the first big DLC faction for Game 2, the inclusion of the Southlands heavily hints at it. I'm honestly surprised the Southlands were included, that is awesome. The hype is already off the charts, Game 2 has such great races. I hope the Ogre Kingdoms make it in Game 2 as DLC!

I can't wait to take rad screenshots for the thread.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.
Still prayin for Araby, they could be the preorder

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

I'm so glad Skaven are in. Just hope CA does them right. I want to kill more of my own ratmen than I do the enemy, and I want that to be the correct way to go about things. Gonna be real bummed out if they end up having a much more standard campaign playstyle where you never really want to take 100% expendable chaff units because of the 20 unit limit/high income/long global recruitment timers.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

I'm hoping Skaven are the pre-order, just for the loving tears.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
I just want to be Thanquol.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

jfood posted:

I'm hoping Skaven are the pre-order, just for the loving tears.

:eyepop:

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:
I just want to see skaven launched a hundred metres by artillery or cavalry charges.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I was wondering to myself why they are presenting the game as a sequel (Total War: Warhammer 2) instead of a standalone expansion. It is essentially is an expansion, seeing as it will plug in to the existing grand campaign, and it would quiet a lot of complaints from people about "why two warhammer games in a row?" or "why a sequel to a game only a year old?". They have used this model before to great effect with stuff like the Shogun 2, expansion Fall of the Samurai.

Then I realized it's because stand alone expansions are generally set at a price point of $30 to $40 and this bad boy is gonna be $60 so that's why it's a sequel.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
They've said explicitly that there won't be a pre-order race for this one.

Which of the four initial factions are in the southlands? They make it clear the locations for this campaing are "Lustria, Ulthuan, Naggaroth and the Southlands", so maybe TK are the fourth race and Skaven are this games version of the Chaos invasion and aren't initially playable. it's not gonna be this but I can dream

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

Which of the four initial factions are in the southlands? They make it clear the locations for this campaing are "Lustria, Ulthuan, Naggaroth and the Southlands", so maybe TK are the fourth race and Skaven are this games version of the Chaos invasion and aren't initially playable. it's not gonna be this but I can dream

The only thing CA has said about pre-orders is that there will be one and it will be "appropriate".

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Might be that Estalia rumor holds water?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I am curious how they are going to handle the Skavens tendency to betray one another.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
If the pre-order bonus is Skaven then I think.....

... all will buy-buy!

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
I just saw on reddit from a CA employee that they have the Pontus comic printed and hung on their wall. This makes me very happy.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
Trailer is awesome but two things bother me.
1. The skinks at the front of the Lizardmen army look way too big. Skinks should be small goblin size. Maybe a small saurus variant for unit variety?

2. The slann doesn't really look right. Looks more like a lizard than a gently caress off magic frog.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Nash posted:

2. The slann doesn't really look right. Looks more like a lizard than a gently caress off magic frog.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Ammanas posted:

Man I gotta tell u I am not feeling the aesthetics of lizard dudes but I trust CA to execute em well

How does it feel to be misaligned with the Great Plan?

99pct of germs
Apr 13, 2013

Ammanas posted:

So when do you guys think...August? September? Surely not as late as November

August/September ~feels right~, that and from announcement to release, CA's last two expandalone(?) titles, Attila and FoTS, clocked in just under 5 months. Granted the difference between those and TWW2 are pretty significant but CA seems to operate on a fairly consistent internal schedule. It's also possible they release it on December 31, 2017 at 23:59 GMT.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Chomp8645 posted:

I was wondering to myself why they are presenting the game as a sequel (Total War: Warhammer 2) instead of a standalone expansion. It is essentially is an expansion, seeing as it will plug in to the existing grand campaign, and it would quiet a lot of complaints from people about "why two warhammer games in a row?" or "why a sequel to a game only a year old?". They have used this model before to great effect with stuff like the Shogun 2, expansion Fall of the Samurai.

Then I realized it's because stand alone expansions are generally set at a price point of $30 to $40 and this bad boy is gonna be $60 so that's why it's a sequel.

You cracked the case, it's so they can charge full price for it. But also to avoid a misconception that the first game is required for part 2.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

MilitantBlackGuy posted:

I imagine Tomb Kings would be the first big DLC faction for Game 2, the inclusion of the Southlands heavily hints at it. I'm honestly surprised the Southlands were included, that is awesome. The hype is already off the charts, Game 2 has such great races. I hope the Ogre Kingdoms make it in Game 2 as DLC!

I can't wait to take rad screenshots for the thread.
I put Tomb Kings as the pre-order race if there is one, with Nagash showing up and taking over/unifying all of the TKs and making a push for control of the Vortex at the last minute as a pseudo-Chaos/Norsca analogue.

Mr Gentleman
Apr 29, 2003

the Educated Villain of London

Ammanas posted:

my man that smirking little blue chameleon kills me every time

he's just like gently caress yeahhhhh rip that heart out

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Hunt11 posted:

I am curious how they are going to handle the Skavens tendency to betray one another.

Give every Skaven faction Unreliable and Schemer, also somehow tune it so that their opinion of their own race doesn't weigh into the RNG that handles diplomatic options. You'd have to give them more cheats than usual to make sure they don't just eliminate themselves out of the gate, but I think that'd be in keeping with the fiction; endless Skaven endlessly betraying one another. Until The End Times come and they get their poo poo together.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

High Elves have colonies in the Southlands, there are also Lizardmen there and Skaven are everywhere.

There might also be the Dwarf colonies, but the main residents of the continent are Araby (possibly a limited roster like Bretonnia on release) and Tomb Kings (probably wasteland until they are added).

Since Skaven are in the trailer and Tomb Kings aren't I think we can be pretty confident about expecting the former rather than the latter as the fourth core race.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Maybe make it so Skaven can hold bigger stacks then everyone else. I want it to be good that holding lots of trash is better for them.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Is this an Ogre Maneater emulating a Slann? Or is that just what I want it to be?

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
They need to loving fix the unit bar UI if they're increasing max stack size.

They need to loving fix the unit bar UI, regardless because it is stupid how squished together everything is with reinforcements

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Aurubin posted:

Is this an Ogre Maneater emulating a Slann? Or is that just what I want it to be?

Yes. Or otherwise known as a Slann.

Also you fools thinking that skaven won't be the preorder. Like if you were gonna pick one team as a money maker, it wouldn't be tomb kings.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Third World Reggin posted:

Yes. Or otherwise known as a Slann.

Also you fools thinking that skaven won't be the preorder. Like if you were gonna pick one team as a money maker, it wouldn't be tomb kings.

Skaven will not be the preorder dude.

I doubt there will be a preorder race tbh.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

Maybe make it so Skaven can hold bigger stacks then everyone else. I want it to be good that holding lots of trash is better for them.

As Skaven armies fight, they gain notoriety. When the notoriety meter fills, they will spawn an AI army of skavenslaves.

Or maybe CA will surprise us and not just give them a reskinned Waaagh/Brayherd mechanic.

Aurubin posted:

That is exactly what it is.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
There will definitely be a preorder bonus. My guess is a LL that unlocks later ala grombrindal. A full faction would be bad pr wise, maybe. There's no way it's skaven, that would be a massive thumb in the eye of all the dlc whiners haha

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Korgan posted:

As Skaven armies fight, they gain notoriety. When the notoriety meter fills, they will spawn an AI army of skavenslaves.

Or maybe CA will surprise us and not just give them a reskinned Waaagh/Brayherd mechanic.

God, I hope they don't do this. Waagh mechanics (and reinforcement mechanics in general) are loving trash in this game.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Vargs posted:

God, I hope they don't do this. Waagh mechanics (and reinforcement mechanics in general) are loving trash in this game.

Realistically, Skaven are probably going to get Waagh or a similar mechanic. I also figure they'll have bumped up general unit sizes like the wood elves have bumped down general unit sizes (150 Clanrats on Large for instance vs. the 120 most factions get)

There is 0 chance they let Skaven have, say, 30 unit armies when everyone else has 20 unit armies.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Ammanas posted:

There will definitely be a preorder bonus. My guess is a LL that unlocks later ala grombrindal. A full faction would be bad pr wise, maybe. There's no way it's skaven, that would be a massive thumb in the eye of all the dlc whiners haha

Calling Malus Darkblade LL for Preorder reward.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

the more someone whines about dlc the more likely they will buy it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Just make it so Skaven have 30 stacks by default but 15-20 slots have to be slaves/poo poo units.

• Locked thread