Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

acksplode posted:

If you didn't immediately take on that Lynel and go through half your food and weapons doing it, you a bitch

I'm a sneaky bitch ninja.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Using the bowling game to raise a couple thousand rupees was honestly one of the most helpful things I've done in this game. I think I raised about 3-4k and I haven't gone back since, but it took me just past the point of 'money is a pain in the rear end and i constantly have 0' to 'I'm poor but not a beggar'. Basically it let me pick up some ancient armor and a bunch of arrows which let me grind a bit to buy upgrades for my armor and then I just turned into a killing machine.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I don't know if it would have been physically possible for them to have done a shittier job with pushing balls around in the water.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
So is there any general consensus as to where in the timeline this falls? Feels like it pulls from OoT alot, but thats before the triple timeline split...

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

If I have the hearts for distance, can I carve delicious pieces off the dragons with the Master Sword?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Inzombiac posted:

If I have the hearts for distance, can I carve delicious pieces off the dragons with the Master Sword?

A multibow and slowmo from glider gives you the best accuracy

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
A real fun part of this game, at least for me, is wandering back to random marks I made on my map. When I was on my way to shrines or temples I just marked stuff to come back to and the game was so big I didn't think to be consistent because I had like no idea what I was going to find. So sometimes I show up to a Sword and it's a random weapon chest and sometimes it's a Hinox or whatever.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Is there a Spring of Courage?
The only thing on the map seems to be a Courage Plateau or something.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Inzombiac posted:

It's west of the Akkala stables

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Inzombiac posted:

Talk to a certain musical bird on the road through Faron woods.

spit on my clit posted:

It's west of the Akkala stables

Wrong spring.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

andipossess posted:

Wrong spring.

Oh drat it, I keep getting those mixed up.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
What's a good armor level for entering the final 'dungeon'? I played through the divine beasts, then decided I rushed things because I was constantly at risk of immediate death. Restarted, spent most of my time in the wild, have full stamina and 17 hearts, ~35-50 power weapons, 2 star full hylian set of armor.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

GobiasIndustries posted:

What's a good armor level for entering the final 'dungeon'? I played through the divine beasts, then decided I rushed things because I was constantly at risk of immediate death. Restarted, spent most of my time in the wild, have full stamina and 17 hearts, ~35-50 power weapons, 2 star full hylian set of armor.

I was totally fine with 2 star ancient armor.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

GobiasIndustries posted:

Fight Ganon in your Gerudo disguise or nothing at all.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Fight Ganon in your Gerudo disguise or nothing at all.

Both are good choices.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
The fact that this game doesn't have gauntlets of strength is a drat shame. Give me a chest piece that lets me pick up large boulders and boxes and throw them at fools off of mountains

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

Stringbean posted:

So is there any general consensus as to where in the timeline this falls? Feels like it pulls from OoT alot, but thats before the triple timeline split...

Based on one of the recovered memories, specifically the one where Zelda appoints Link as her knight, it would seem to take place in the 'Child Timeline' branch off of OoT. During that ceremony, Zelda mentions places the Master Sword has been, which includes the sky (SS), through time (OoT), and the realm of Twilight (TP).

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Fortis posted:

Based on one of the recovered memories, specifically the one where Zelda appoints Link as her knight, it would seem to take place in the 'Child Timeline' branch off of OoT. During that ceremony, Zelda mentions places the Master Sword has been, which includes the sky (SS), through time (OoT), and the realm of Twilight (TP).

Supposedly in the other languages, the parts where she's being spoken over are more clear, and they refer to Wind Waker and Link to the Past as well. So that's not evidence either way.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

andipossess posted:

Supposedly in the other languages, the parts where she's being spoken over are more clear, and they refer to Wind Waker and Link to the Past as well. So that's not evidence either way.

Well, poo poo. I guess it's Crisis on Infinite Hyrules.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

andipossess posted:

I listened to that cutscene in Spanish and it said the same things as the English version, i wonder which languages it's different in

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Fortis posted:

Marvel did Spider-Verse (story arc where every version Spider-Man and related characters are in the same universe), where's my Link-Verse?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Fortis posted:

That was Hyrule Warriors.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

andipossess posted:

Haha I hope that's true, that'd be amazing. My favored timeline placement for this is "all of them, there's one timeline now, continuity is now even crazier"

El Burbo posted:

I listened to that cutscene in Spanish and it said the same things as the English version, i wonder which languages it's different in

What about the parts where the other characters are talking but she's talking in the background? It's really muffled in the English version.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Need some ancient cores and a star frag. Annoyed that I accidentally used one. I've tried to find them when they fall but no luck. :/

Could probably go to the ganon fight now, I guess. I just like the idea of maxed armor.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

Need some ancient cores and a star frag. Annoyed that I accidentally used one. I've tried to find them when they fall but no luck. :/

Could probably go to the ganon fight now, I guess. I just like the idea of maxed armor.

Ancient Cores: Blow up more walker guardians, as they have a chance to drop them
Star Fragments: One drops every full moon (which is every 7 or 8 days, I forget). Best way to get them is to travel up to Shee Vaner Shrine (the south one) in the duelling peaks region. Then just start looking around. You should see a star fragment streak across the sky. Highlight it with the scope, and then fast travel to the closest spot and go get it before it disappears at dawn.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
Hey so have we talked about the smart decision to not have underwater swimming in this game.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Waltzing Along posted:

Save before fighting a walking guardian. Reload if none drop. 2 can drop from 1 kill.

A multibow ancient arrow will one shot them in the face.

Bombadilillo fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Apr 1, 2017

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

grilldos posted:

Hey so have we talked about the smart decision to not have underwater swimming in this game.

I bet it isn't a coincidence that all of my favorite Zeldas have no underwater swimming. Even Wind Waker!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I was just doing that tailing quest everyone has been hating on online and was surprised that I pretty much got to the end with no problem, except there is a really confusingly designed part at the end where a wolf jumped out and it seemed like it was over. Not sure if it was scripted or not but it was really confusing so I went up and talked to him and lost.

Is the reward for doing the forest trials actually cool? If not I think I'm just gonna move on.

That little guy is really cute though. It's a shame the mission is a slog. Beautiful scenery too.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

veni veni veni posted:

I was just doing that tailing quest everyone has been hating on online and was surprised that I pretty much got to the end with no problem, except there is a really confusingly designed part at the end where a wolf jumped out and it seemed like it was over. Not sure if it was scripted or not but it was really confusing so I went up and talked to him and lost.

Is the reward for doing the forest trials actually cool? If not I think I'm just gonna move on.

That little guy is really cute though. It's a shame the mission is a slog. Beautiful scenery too.

The rest of the forest trials are pretty easy and fun, like the one where you have to bring a set of wooden equipment safely to a destination while enemies try to shoot you with fire. Somehow I don't remember what you get for doing all of them, though. Each one is a shrine, but I don't remember what you get for doing all of them.

Harrow fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Apr 1, 2017

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

That part sucked. It was terrible. Took me an annoying number of tries. Its a shrine.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I strolled into Hyrule Castle and walked into some room and got locked into a fight with a 4k hp lynel and got my rear end handed to me because at a certain point I realized I was wasting a shitload of food for being bad at fighting them. Guess I'm just going to wander out and kill a bunch of 'em to get some more practice.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

GobiasIndustries posted:

I strolled into Hyrule Castle and walked into some room and got locked into a fight with a 4k hp lynel and got my rear end handed to me because at a certain point I realized I was wasting a shitload of food for being bad at fighting them. Guess I'm just going to wander out and kill a bunch of 'em to get some more practice.

It's tremendously satisfying to get their patterns down and murder the gently caress out of them. :black101:

I think the easiest are the spear ones, followed by the sword and board, with the club ones last, just because the club ones hit so goddamn hard.

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

Harrow posted:

Haha I hope that's true, that'd be amazing. My favored timeline placement for this is "all of them, there's one timeline now, continuity is now even crazier"

Considering that the timeline now has an unaccounted period of high technology and subsequent technological decline over a 10,000 year period in there somewhere, it'd probably be easier for everyone if Nintendo just came out and said "Hyrule has risen and fallen so many times over such a long period, and Ganon has hosed time and space so hard that timelines are irrelevant, and each game is either parallel universes or so chronologically isolated that they stand alone".

About the Message in a Bottle quest... did I just hook a middle aged guy up with a zora child? What the gently caress, Nintendo?!?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I really wish buying armor would "unlock" it's ability so I can just wear whatever I want without having to swap the armor. I've been traversing this god drat land and switching between biomes so often I keep changing my armor just to not freeze, burn or climb poo poo faster.

Also, gently caress Star Fragments.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Harrow posted:

I bet it isn't a coincidence that all of my favorite Zeldas have no underwater swimming. Even Wind Waker!

Majoras mask????

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Zora swimming (original n64 version) is on my list of how breath of the wild could be more perfect

acksplode
May 17, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Doing all the forest trials gets you some truffles. And then the Korok who gives them to you laughs at you for expecting something more

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Wow the Silver Lynel spin attack is bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

Each individually leads to a shrine but nothing beyond that.

Am I the only one who had no problems with the tailing one? All I did was wear the ninja suit and kept foilage between us, sniping the wolf when it appeared. Nailed it easily on my first go.