Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I feel like people are nice enough with Automata spoilers (hell, the thread still tags stuff past Route B, which is really not what I expect from Something "i don't care about spoilers so why should you" Awful), but nowadays YT is a freakin' minefield if you're looking up info on a game. Also yeah, Nier 1 was a cult classic, Automata topped Steam charts for a bit and outsold the original in a week or so. More buzz means more people talking about the plot and more chances you stumble face-first into a spoiler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Oxyclean posted:

Janeway is kinda cool and as a friend put it "Janeway is my favourite villain." She's kinda just written inconsistently.

Pat, or whatever he was quoting definitely mis-characterized some of the stuff. I might be getting it slightly wrong as well, but when she rammed the time ship, she wasn't making a wild guess it'd fix everything, there was no-one else aboard Voyager and the weapons were busted. She was making a sacrificial attack.

Yeah it was exactly that. The small fleet she had built up to combat the timeship was getting demolished, Voyager was literally crewed by just her, and it was basically about to be destroyed (or at the very least she was going to be pulled into space once the barely-functioning forcefield protecting the breach in the bridge hull failed). Granted, she had no way of knowing for sure if destroying the timeship would reset everything but basically every other option had been expended at that point.

Pat is right that Janeway refused to be relieved of command earlier, but it was more of a "Yeah, Doctor, you can relive me of duty but how are you going to enforce that when we literally have no security staff, no brigs, and no forcefields to hold me" situation.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I figured when Woolie said they were going to cheat in Dark Souls, they were going to add the shield to their inventory and go fight Sif.

Nope. Nooope. Of course not.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Dexie posted:

I figured when Woolie said they were going to cheat in Dark Souls, they were going to add the shield to their inventory and go fight Sif.

Nope. Nooope. Of course not.

Need to watch the update, but I thought that's what they literally said was the plan on the podcast...

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Oxyclean posted:

Need to watch the update, but I thought that's what they literally said was the plan on the podcast...

They added the ring to their inventory and are going to fight the 4Ks.

Frankly if you're fine with them doing one then doing the other shouldn't much matter.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I'm fine with it, I just figured that with as much as Pat is hyping up Sif, he would have wanted to add the shield and head straight there.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Dexie posted:

I'm fine with it, I just figured that with as much as Pat is hyping up Sif, he would have wanted to add the shield and head straight there.

that sif cutscene only matters if you do the DLC first

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I thought the trigger was just having the shield?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Janeway's morality varies a ton between episodes since Voyager is so inconsistently and badly written

Wordnumber
Jan 13, 2015

Dexie posted:

I thought the trigger was just having the shield?

But it has no emotional weight without the context of the DLC. There would be no point to the cutscene if you didn't go through the motions of triggering it.

Of course it's arguable if they should even go so far out of the way to show off an Easter egg but that ship has sailed, obviously.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

I actually think giving him the ring is a fine compromise where all of the cool stuff is seen. Though I think it would have been fine to kill Sif then see the DLC, cause there's a different emotional response to finding Sif alive in the past, knowing that you kill him in the present. Both are fine, and one doesn't require cheating or Pat doing a bunch of overhyping of the event. I think Woolie might be a little let down when he finds out how little it really is.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
hahahaha matt and woolie chose to give the evidence to vicki vale aaaahahahahahahaha

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Blockhouse posted:

hahahaha matt and woolie chose to give the evidence to vicki vale aaaahahahahahahaha

they chose right

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I haven't seen or played TTG Batman, but i'm curious for the Vicky choice. Almost everyone chose Gordon, so that's neat to see.

Also, next week's podcast is gonna be interesting, Matt is on vacation so Woolie will have to do it by himself because of
https://twitter.com/AngriestPat/status/847918660291366912

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Jesus loving Christ Pat...

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Only Paige can save Pat's life:

https://twitter.com/PeachSaliva/status/847920192541925379

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

https://twitter.com/indonesianbob68/status/847936400603455489

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Wait who was that other guy on Pat's Breath of the Wild stream?

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Grouchio posted:

Wait who was that other guy on Pat's Breath of the Wild stream?

Fuggins. He's cool.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
I can't wait to see someone go into diabetic shock live on stream!

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

holy poo poo

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Paige is the best girlfriend. :allears:

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

lets hang out posted:

holy poo poo

Indonesian bob never ever disappoints on the fan art front.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

that pic seriously makes pat look like a midget god drat

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Indecisive posted:

that pic seriously makes pat look like a midget god drat

It's what happens when you're actually a midget.

edit: SS Matching Web was there, you guys could have done a Jontron collab!

Dias fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Apr 1, 2017

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
lol Woolie actually pays for Anti-Virus.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

http://store.steampowered.com/app/567090/?snr=1_550_552&newsId=28597

Oh, hey, Bayonetta PC port!

(apparently there's a thing about an achievement that unlocks on the 11th, so this thing is probably worth checking)

https://www.twitch.tv/peachsaliva
Bet's been reworked to account for Pat looking up online how to actually beat. She needs to beat this DLC solo in 90 minutes to save Pat's soul.

Pat may or may not have been hacked by the hackerman that took over Liam's PSN account.

The last half hour is Paige not realizing teh fork will do the snake shadow. Pat may or may not have slapped Paige in the good titty before the stream.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Apr 1, 2017

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...
"WOO! Time to piss on everything!" Pat, 2017

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Patrick "Titty Slapper" Boivin.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
*Paige plays the "draw the 5" tile*
"Paige, the five card is already on the table, it's in your hand"

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
from their sub reddit

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

PETER loving DINKLAGE IS TALLER THAN THIS MAN! :vince:

(Also Pat should trim a little)

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Apr 1, 2017

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Pat may or may not have been hacked by the hackerman that took over Liam's PSN account.

Speaking of which, that hacker guy did quite a bit of damage. On top of hundreds of dollars of NBA microtransactions, he overwrote all his PSN data, and then decided to send abusive messages to all his friends.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/Gdalfthefab/status/847941734944444416

What an amazing Twitter thread

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.
AND he's wearing shoes.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I am legit kind of surprised. I thought some one photoshopped the original image

No, he really is just a leprechaun

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Funny leprechaun man is my favorite LPer

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Boy I'm glad we wasted half the video on getting the binocs and wingspear.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Boy I'm glad Pat let Woolie kindle the Firelink bonfire.

(Yes I realize he is overflowing with extra humanity, but argh he gets a free full kindling of it later.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Visidan posted:

from their sub reddit

It's so weird because as far as I'm aware I'm just an inch taller than Pat, but even among relatively human-sized people I don't look as stumpy as our Best Friend Fuccboivin. I'll blame/thank properly-sized clothing.