Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

oh hell ya

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Hell yeah, what a final shot. Good poo poo!

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

quote:

"I'm probably the most surprised person in the country," Auriemma said after beating Maryland during the regular season. "I set the schedule up so that [going undefeated] wouldn't happen, and it has happened. I'm flabbergasted to a certain extent."

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART
Lmao what the gently caress was UConn thinking on their last possession

gently caress all dynasties

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Awesome, really glad that horseshit flagrant call didn't give UConn the win.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

WHY EVEN BOTHER HAVING THE NCAA TOURNAMENT, NO ONE CAN BEAT UCONN

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.
Second greatest upset in the sport, I would argue. Also, now I get to root for Dawn Staley, who I really like.

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

shaping your brain like pottery
Morgan Williams: Cover the Net

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Well deserved after that egregious flop.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Praise The Lord, Go Dawgs.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
I will enjoy the people will or already have made fun of UConn for not winning its 112th straight game.

Geno: what a loving loser

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Someone put this in the OP. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJQfZKZUax4

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Jota posted:

I will enjoy the people will or already have made fun of UConn for not winning its 112th straight game.

Geno: what a loving loser

can't get it done, paaawwwwll

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

So much beautiful. So tiny stature.

BonoMan fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Apr 1, 2017

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Probably the biggest win in school history in any sport. Can't wait to lose to SCar again :^)

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Democrazy posted:

Second greatest upset in the sport, I would argue. Also, now I get to root for Dawn Staley, who I really like.

:hfive:

Traitorous Leopard posted:

Probably the biggest win in school history in any sport. Can't wait to lose to SCar again :^)

This is definitely not a guaranteed L for y'all. Both of our games this season were fiercely competitive, and it's hard beating a team three times. We'll need our A game for sure.

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!

Traitorous Leopard posted:

Chinese zodiac says this is the year of the [Game]cock so I'm assuming SCar is going to win both tournaments at this point.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Wow. I literally cannot believe it. It's an April fools joke.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Someone link me the flagrant foul/flop please, since I understandably didn't bother to watch this game with it's foregone conclusion.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

Someone link me the flagrant foul/flop please, since I understandably didn't bother to watch this game with it's foregone conclusion.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Haha, oh god I've been shot by a wrist!
'
Yeah I would have been pretty damned mad if I was watching the game and saw that live.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

The worst the announcers blathering on that it was an "obvious" flagrant 1.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I hope glass jaw Joella is a drama major. That is Lebron quality flopping.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Craig Neal is no longer the coach at New Mexico!!!

I'm so worried this is some elaborate prank, but it really looks like it's not.

Phew.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
There's no way Mizzou pulls Knox, but it's really funny to think that the fanbase has gone from not caring about the team at all under Kim Anderson to getting the #1 recruit and having another top 10 out of stater at least come visit

https://twitter.com/kevin_knox23/status/848277323761758209

I doubt it is an April Fool's thing since apparently MPJ was bugging him a ton to take a visit.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
So people are saying this is Gonzaga's first Final Four ever, but I could've sworn that Adam Morrison(? the mustache & mullet guy) played at Gonzaga and that his weird on-court nervous breakdown was in the title game like a decade ago. What am I remembering wrong here?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

C-Euro posted:

So people are saying this is Gonzaga's first Final Four ever, but I could've sworn that Adam Morrison(? the mustache & mullet guy) played at Gonzaga and that his weird on-court nervous breakdown was in the title game like a decade ago. What am I remembering wrong here?

Pretty sure it's this game which was a 2 point loss in the Elite 8.

e: Oops that was Sweet 16.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Apr 2, 2017

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

C-Euro posted:

Everything but him crying.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

vikingstrike posted:

Everything but him crying.

Hey I got the Gonzaga part right

Grittybeard posted:

Pretty sure it's this game which was a 2 point loss in the Elite 8.

e: Oops that was Sweet 16.

Gotcha, thanks

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

C-Euro posted:

That's almost like one of those Mandela Effect things, I've heard a lot of people that thought that moment happened in the final four.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
it feels like it's been forever since the championship game was between two number one seeds. how exciting. :geno:

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

So if UNC wins Monday, this will be the least memorable tournament of the decade. At least if Gonzaga wins, it's the first win by a non Power 5 team since what, UTEP in 66?

Aggro fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Apr 2, 2017

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Aggro posted:

So if UNC wins Monday, this will be the least memorable tournament of the decade. At least if Gonzaga wins, it's the first win by a non Power 5 team since what, Loyola in 63?

Well, technically a non Power 5 team won last year. :haw:

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Aggro posted:

So if UNC wins Monday, this will be the least memorable tournament of the decade. At least if Gonzaga wins, it's the first win by a non Power 5 team since what, UTEP in 66?

UNLV in the 90s

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Nolan Arenado posted:

That's almost like one of those Mandela Effect things, I've heard a lot of people that thought that moment happened in the final four.

It's probably because it's rare to find a moment that iconic in one of the middle rounds. The Sweet 16 has neither the massive upsets of the opening two rounds or the championship stakes of the Final Four.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Remember when the bobcats drafted Adam Morrison :suicide:

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Henchman of Santa posted:

It's probably because it's rare to find a moment that iconic in one of the middle rounds. The Sweet 16 has neither the massive upsets of the opening two rounds or the championship stakes of the Final Four.

Which makes it even better that he laid at mid court and cried.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
And now he's a classic rural Northwestern Libertarian.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Aggro posted:

Decided to look this up for the hell of it. Every tournament winner I found not in the P5/what would become those conferences or Big East:

2014 UConn - AAC
1990 UNLV - Big West
1986 Louisville - Metro
1980 Louisville - Metro
1977 Marquette - Independent
1966 UTEP - Independent
1963 Loyola - Independent
1962 Cincinnati - Missouri Valley
1961 Cincinnati - Missouri Valley
1956 San Francisco - California Basketball Association
1955 San Francisco - California Basketball Association
1954 La Salle - Independent
1950 City College of NY - Metropolitan NY
1947 Holy Cross - Independent
1946 Oklahoma State - Missouri Valley
1945 Oklahoma State - Missouri Valley
1944 Utah - Indepentdent
1943 Wyoming - Mountain States Athletic

It's possible I missed one but I think that's all of them.

e: Duh, missed UConn. Also I thought Oklahoma State was in the Big 6 or whatever it was back then, I guess they were MVC.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Apr 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I feel like getting hit by someone's boney forearm in the throat would probably temporarily disable most people, but UConn losing is really cool so lol

• Locked thread