Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

I suck at navigating it. The whole place looks the same to me and it all feels very limited-access, even if maybe it's not.

Fair enough! I like hotels as a setting, so I dug right into it - and with the right costume you can go practically anywhere - well, everywhere but the front desk. Screw the front desk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Macaluso posted:

It's a real game too with achievements and everything. Amazing

edit: real talk though Bayonetta on steam would be worthless because it wouldn't come with the Peach costume which makes it so Bowser's fists come out of portals to punch angels in the face instead of her hair fists. Without that what's even the point

Maybe it will come with some unique Valve-based costume? NieR did

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

nier was very good. i deleted my data

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

FirstAidKite posted:

How's everybody's night going?

The night has been fine. Been playing a lot of Horizon lately. This past week has been poo poo for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is that I got laid off on Thursday. 3 times in 3 years makes it a hat trick, I guess. Friends don't let friends work in the games industry. Don't do startups, kids.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Maybe it will come with some unique Valve-based costume? NieR did

Bowser > Any of the clowns in any Valve game :colbert:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

[cave johnson voice] cave johnson here

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

mutata posted:

The night has been fine. Been playing a lot of Horizon lately. This past week has been poo poo for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is that I got laid off on Thursday. 3 times in 3 years makes it a hat trick, I guess. Friends don't let friends work in the games industry. Don't do startups, kids.

Oof, sorry to hear about the layoff :( what happened this time? Or are you under NDA so you can't discuss it?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

FirstAidKite posted:

It's comparable to a topdown zelda game, but with less emphasis on puzzles. There are puzzles, but they tend to be more along the lines of "find key" or "get key item to get past gate" rather than zelda's more complicated dungeons.

Ys Origin I would say is more like a top-down Castlevania,

quote:

Ys Origins second boss fight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6vi-0XkQ8g

God drat that game has a great soundtrack. Makes me want to reinstall it and play it again right now.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Macaluso posted:

Bowser > Any of the clowns in any Valve game :colbert:

G-Man vs. Bowser sounds oddly compelling.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Jay Rust posted:

My friend forced me to buy this week's Humble Bumble because they're multiplayer-focused but I haven't heard of any of them. Which of these should we start with?

Move or Die
Helldivers
Eon Altar
Ultimate Chicken Horse
Tricky Towers
Rampage Knights

We're just two dudes if that matters

Was playing some of these with my kids tonight. Ultimate Chicken Horse I think was the winner, it's a platformer where you pick a level to play and every round you can choose things to add to the course from a set of hazards. The objective is to survive to the goal while getting as many of your opponents killed off as possible.
Tricky Towers seems like it might be fun in theory, but tetris + physics is a loving painful combination to actually play.
Move or Die would have been more fun except it's probably the most poorly optimized game I've played since Arkham Knight, I don't know how you get single-FPS drops in a 2D game that takes place entirely on one screen.
Helldivers I played with some friends last summer who really liked it, but I found it to be bland as gently caress even by twin-stick shooter standards. I didn't bother spending the extra couple dollars to buy that tier because I know I'll never play it.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Bayonetta with a Glados costume where the wicked weaves are portals with long fall boots coming out

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Instead of 'Fly Me To The Moon' it's the cake song.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

oddium posted:

[cave johnson voice] cave johnson here

If Cave Johnson is going to cross over with any game, may as well be the one with "fly me to the moon" as its theme song.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
actually the only costume is going to be a ricochet costume and it will just change your pistols so bayonetta throws discs now

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

FirstAidKite posted:

Bayonetta with a Glados costume where the wicked weaves are portals with long fall boots coming out

But imagine this: instead of that lame nonsense, it's Bowser's fist

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i'm the april fool, play all your hidden object games today

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Macaluso posted:

But imagine this: instead of that lame nonsense, it's Bowser's fist

That's what I was basing the idea off of

The Colonel posted:

actually the only costume is going to be a ricochet costume and it will just change your pistols so bayonetta throws discs now

Also good

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
why didn't any y'all fuckers tell me Harvest Moon 64 was added to wii u vc

idk what arcane dark wizardry was conducted to get it working but there's my gotm

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
imagine being a 9 year old kid playing zelda and suddenly this pops up

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

I wonder if Nintendo was willing to let go and it will be Bayonetta 1 and 2, that would be cool

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

My God is falling asleep in a hospital bed ever hard

I guess in theory I could watch YouTube all night but my phones running out and no charger :negative:

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Apparently this cutscene bugging out in Andromeda is fairly common https://youtu.be/DmYgUhXDDio

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Ciaphas posted:

My God is falling asleep in a hospital bed ever hard

I guess in theory I could watch YouTube all night but my phones running out and no charger :negative:
when i was a kid i was in the hospital a lot for asthma

one night they had to put the IV back in my arm because I bolted out of my bed sleepwalking shouting "I'LL SAVE YOU SUPERMAN"

(i was a huge fan of Superman on Nick at Nite when I was 8 or 9)

now I sleep on my side and i imagine a hospital bed is bad news for me because you specifically can't really do that

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1m8Yi9qu_o

I wish there was an english release of la pucelle tactics that wasn't censored lol, I know the censorship doesn't matter but it was such a dumb and silly thing

robot roll call posted:

I wonder if Nintendo was willing to let go and it will be Bayonetta 1 and 2, that would be cool

Why would nintendo let go of something they funded the development of?

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
It's April, who's in charge of making the new thread?

e: I haven't played Persona but I know they deal with the major arcana. There has to be a good Fool/April Fools joke right

e: 'Your bond has strengthened with the April Fool' or something like that

Olive! fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Apr 1, 2017

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

It's April, who's in charge of making the new thread?

I'll do it if no one else volunteers, let me go look at the good thread titles

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

FirstAidKite posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1m8Yi9qu_o

I wish there was an english release of la pucelle tactics that wasn't censored lol, I know the censorship doesn't matter but it was such a dumb and silly thing

Why would nintendo let go of something they funded the development of?

Oh yeah, I forgot they kicked in money. Too bad, bayo 2 is even better than the first one!

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

April Games Chat - The real joke is that you thought that Persona 5 was going to release this month

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Ometeotl posted:

April Games Chat - The real joke is that you thought that Persona 5 was going to release this month

Alright, I think I have a good title. I'll go ahead and make the thread.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Grapplejack posted:

Alright, I think I have a good title. I'll go ahead and make the thread.

Thanks!

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

new chat thread here
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3815481

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

I like Blizzard's April Fools stuff.

They did some great stuff long ago, but I don't think they even did anything the last couple of years?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
They announced an MMO spinoff of Hearthstone, amongst other things.

The WoW patch notes are usually a good collection of in jokes.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

e: 'Your bond has strengthened with the April Fool' or something like that

april games chat: our arcana is the hermit

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3815507

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

robot roll call posted:

let go of the game they funded and helped develop

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am anime loving garbage and therefore I deserve to die.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

I said come in! posted:

I am anime loving garbage and therefore I deserve to die.

plaese practice self love

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

wow these april fool's jokes are getting meta

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Apr 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Cowcaster posted:

wow these april fool's jokes are getting meta

Oh man, you got owned.

• Locked thread