Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

AAA quality game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Don't post here with that pony av.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
Man, BF4 reminded why I absolutely loathe ~realistic~ military shooters. The community is beyond toxic, jesus christ.

Also, I'm really terrible at playing them.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Missionary Positron posted:

Man, BF4 reminded why I absolutely loathe ~realistic~ military shooters. The community is beyond toxic, jesus christ.

You're probably right but I tend to ignore anyone I don't already know and just focus on shooting them in their stupid faces. I also only play hardcore but I dunno if that makes a difference community wise.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Avoid arma at all costs my friend.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

FastestGunAlive posted:

OTOH the new Ghost Recon seems to be 80% masochists and 20% sadists so it's kinda fun

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

FastestGunAlive posted:

I only play Arma with a specific group of friends. I wouldn't touch pubbie games with a ten foot pole, though.

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Javik stays since he's a huge space racist. I love renegade femshep so far. She's just such a huge oval office to everybody.

I don't think it comes up in the sequels, but Ash--while also horrible in every other way--was a huge racist in ME1 for what it's worth.

Edit since my original wording made her racism sound like her only redeeming quality.

Sax Offender fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Apr 1, 2017

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

FastestGunAlive posted:

I played arma II with goons and there was a muslim goon from Egypt who always flew the helo and crashed while screaming his allah ackbars

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Derek Dominoe posted:

I don't think it comes up in the sequels, but Ash--while also horrible in every other way--was a huge racist in ME1 for what it's worth.

Edit since my original wording made her racism sound like her only redeeming quality.

Which is why I will be sacrificing Kaiden on the altar of Virmire.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Reverand maynard posted:

I played arma II with goons and there was a muslim goon from Egypt who always flew the helo and crashed while screaming his allah ackbars

I played with ex(goons) and it was fun and chill at first. Like, there was a custom mission someone made where we were dressed as Eastern Orthodox priests and we paradropped in. Goofy stuff like that but also some serious stuff.

But then some of them went full blown sperg and we would do the dumbest, most tedious poo poo. Missions that took three hours because an hour was spent planning and then there would be a long rear end infil/exfil movements to be ~realistic~. If you died, that sucks. Hang out and watch on kill cam while the rest the team goes on. Also every map had an insane number of enemies on it so you spend more time figuring out how to bypass them then actually fighting them. And constantly replaying the same missions until we finally solved it. More than an hour per a mission, with or without respawn, is loving insane imo.

The final straw for me was when one guy found some random reserve officer's website and started going through the manuals and SOPs that were posted there and insisted we do all this tactical poo poo.

Most real life poo poo doesn't work in arma because the loving ai and oh yeah it's a loving video game but I always kept my mouth quiet as to not be that "you're doing it wrong" guy.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

realtalk i stopped playing multiplayer games irl except fighting games because a full best of 3 takes maybe at most 10 minutes and no one chats ever

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Don't play Battlefield games without hiding the chat

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2x8c-RFGnA

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I think I'm gonna start a The Last Guardian for PS4 SA game chain where we go down a list and each person is responsible for paying and shipping it to the next. It's a pure one and done type of game

I didn't like it tbh and quit 4 hours in and YouTubed the ending. Paid $40 but it's worth like $25 at best now and I'm not going to deal with flakey craiglist people that want to trade me for Jordans

Obv GIPers get top of the list so lmk

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I think I'm gonna start a The Last Guardian for PS4 SA game chain where we go down a list and each person is responsible for paying and shipping it to the next. It's a pure one and done type of game

I didn't like it tbh and quit 4 hours in and YouTubed the ending. Paid $40 but it's worth like $25 at best now and I'm not going to deal with flakey craiglist people that want to trade me for Jordans

Obv GIPers get top of the list so lmk

Sign me up. I loved Shadow of the Colossus.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2x8c-RFGnA

That boob armor lmbo

BF4 was good and fun I just had to turn the voice poo poo off.

The biggest problem with shooters is how often you run into people with aimbots and no way to kick them.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Redeye Flight posted:

I'm up to mission 11. It's really good. The art is unbelievable, the level design is exceptional, and the rate at which they introduce new poo poo for you to use is really good. The characters are also quite excellent! And they went full Mikado on the accents which is pretty funny.

Be warned: the bonus objectives are merciless. If you're not sure if it'll be your thing I'd recommend downloading the demo first--it's the entire first level, and then you can take up to an hour to try and finish the second one. If you decide to buy the game after that, it'll remember everything you did in the demo and carry it over.

Yo that av is hosed, heads up

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I traded in TLG and Overwatch today. TLG was rad as hell and I have zero desire to ever play that game again.

Overwatch is not my bag.

Anyway, Gran Turismo Sport. The visuals are across the board. The cars are gorgeous and some aspects of the track are nice. Trees are noticeably awful. 2D cut outs. Game runs at a solid 60 fps on the pro.

As for how the game plays, cars have a nice feel through the controller. Plays well on a game pad. There is still that unmistakeable clinical Gran Turismo feel to it all.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Buca di Bepis posted:

Don't play Battlefield games without hiding the chat

This is a good technique fyi

I play with a few friends I met goofing off in servers and none of us take it seriously. It's fun if you don't give a poo poo. Also I've noticed all Godholio does is play 64 player 24/7 operation Metro like it's some sort of weird addiction. Tried playing in there a couple of times and realized the servers nick name of "meat grinder" was appropes

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
You have internet friends who aren't goons?!:prepop:

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

cowboy elvis posted:

You have internet friends who aren't goons?!:prepop:

Insanity I know

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

This is a good technique fyi

I play with a few friends I met goofing off in servers and none of us take it seriously. It's fun if you don't give a poo poo. Also I've noticed all Godholio does is play 64 player 24/7 operation Metro like it's some sort of weird addiction. Tried playing in there a couple of times and realized the servers nick name of "meat grinder" was appropes

Yeah, that server's loving nuts. But I'm trying to get all the weapon unlocks, and that's the best server I've found for farming kills. I've also managed to kick off political arguments in chat, and get a few people banned (for 20 years, iirc) by baiting them into using words that the server will auto-ban for.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Godholio posted:

Yeah, that server's loving nuts. But I'm trying to get all the weapon unlocks, and that's the best server I've found for farming kills. I've also managed to kick off political arguments in chat, and get a few people banned (for 20 years, iirc) by baiting them into using words that the server will auto-ban for.

Doing the Lord's work

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Godholio posted:

Noice

And yeah I just noticed whenever Origin pops up a notice that you're in BF4 it's always that server. You have way more patience than I do.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Godholio posted:

what words does it autoban?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Deathy McDeath posted:

Sign me up. I loved Shadow of the Colossus.

I figure I should probably make a thread. Where? Here? Games forum?

subterfudge
Aug 5, 2015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2_xY_pg3Bg

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

hey just a reminder to everyone that morrowind is still a wicked game

subterfudge
Aug 5, 2015
The open source version of it should be hitting 1.0 in the next year or so hopefully.

https://openmw.org/en/

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrOpenMW

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

remember when we asked if the server accepted bitcoins in bf4

good times

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Does anyone here play FFXIV? When I stopped playing the only advancement was running dungeons over and over again. Did they ever add alternate, non instanced ways to get gear? I'm a sucker for MMOs and I miss exploring for gear and hunting down rare monsters. I don't want instanced tunnel dungeons.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Reverand maynard posted:

Does anyone here play FFXIV? When I stopped playing the only advancement was running dungeons over and over again. Did they ever add alternate, non instanced ways to get gear? I'm a sucker for MMOs and I miss exploring for gear and hunting down rare monsters. I don't want instanced tunnel dungeons.

Dungeons are still the best way to get currency for gear, but they did add a lot of different ways to get it. Crafted gear is a lot better now too. There's not much like what I think you're looking for though. How long ago did you quit?

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I decided to pick up diablo 3 for the first time in a year and give seasons a shot for the first time ever

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Reverand maynard posted:

It's a theme park mmo, dungeons and raids are always going to be the main content.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

remember when we asked if the server accepted bitcoins in bf4

good times

Good call, I'm gonna bring that up next time.

As far as what words, you can probably guess. Top-tier slurs, basically.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

FastestGunAlive posted:

I decided to pick up diablo 3 for the first time in a year and give seasons a shot for the first time ever

Ask a goon for a quick 20 minute PL to max level.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Yea I got a power level already, that was the easy part. Now I figure I just need to get my gear caught up so I can start working bounties and rifts.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Man, I really miss the community of dedicated servers. I logged in to insurgency and my favorite servers were all dead. RIP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

preordered a jrpg