Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
That brings up the other question, just where are Adelaide at? Two good wins so far, particularly for a team that apparently doesn't have a good midfield...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Why did I tip Gold Coast ffs. I think Adelaide have good communication, they're working as a team early on which is a good sign.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Still too soon to tell, GWS for the second time in a row arrived at AO having won the game before it started and then forgotten that's not how it works, and the Hawks aren't that great anymore.

Jacobs doesn't get to play on Vickery every week after all.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Also, because I hate life, I read catallaxyfiles.com for bad opinions, and I had no idea the AFLW is just a predatory lesbian trap for young women :rolleyes: Apparently all women's sport is just about that.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

ewe2 posted:

Why did I tip Gold Coast ffs

lol

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

ewe2 posted:

Also, because I hate life, I read catallaxyfiles.com for bad opinions, and I had no idea the AFLW is just a predatory lesbian trap for young women :rolleyes: Apparently all women's sport is just about that.

I hope you replied that you agree, and we should shut down all male sports for being a predatory trap for young men.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

NPR Journalizard posted:

I hope you replied that you agree, and we should shut down all male sports for being a predatory trap for young men.

Nah, I read it for information's sake, just that this particular angle was completely new to me; it was claimed that Dermott Brereton raised it on SEN with AFL CEO Gillon McLachlan. Surely the boys can't be that threatened?

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

ewe2 posted:

Nah, I read it for information's sake, just that this particular angle was completely new to me; it was claimed that Dermott Brereton raised it on SEN with AFL CEO Gillon McLachlan. Surely the boys can't be that threatened?

I think you are underestimating just how fragile some male egos are.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

ewe2 posted:

I'm not surprised that some idiot came to this conclusion but jesus christ people are so loving stupid.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

ewe2 posted:

Why did I tip Gold Coast ffs.

Suns look like they are gonna be well in the race for the spoon this year.

The Saints might have to be content with the Hawks pick being #2. :(

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Suns just kicked 5 straight but got nobbled by the Giant's 11th. Premiership quarter time!

NPR Journalizard posted:

I think you are underestimating just how fragile some male egos are.

It's a mindset that's beyond me; Reddit is laughable but this is just pathetic. There's a subtext of male homophobia behind it as well, it's a remarkable form of projection.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

ewe2 posted:

From about 12:12 here - https://audioboom.com/posts/5771667-crunch-time-01-04-2017-afl-chief-executive-gillon-mclachlan

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Jesus, Dermott "just asking questions" Brereton. Does he talk about grooming in the AFL? I bet he doesn't.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

I'm seriously considering writing a letter of complaint but I'd know SEN wouldn't take it seriously.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Periphery posted:

Suns look like they are gonna be well in the race for the spoon this year.

The Saints might have to be content with the Hawks pick being #2. :(

HAW next 5: @Suns, Cats, WCE, Saints, Dees.

If they can't make a surge up the ladder in these 5 games (they're realistically going to have to beat all of the Suns, Saints and Dees and at least one of the Cats and Eagles), the season is going to be ugly. Except for me, I might be able to afford season tickets after the price drop in time for next season.

Vickery is staggeringly bad, the midfield isn't clicking and everything just looks wrong. It's not a good start to a season.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Schlesische posted:

HAW next 5: @Suns, Cats, WCE, Saints, Dees.

If they can't make a surge up the ladder in these 5 games (they're realistically going to have to beat all of the Suns, Saints and Dees and at least one of the Cats and Eagles), the season is going to be ugly. Except for me, I might be able to afford season tickets after the price drop in time for next season.

Vickery is staggeringly bad, the midfield isn't clicking and everything just looks wrong. It's not a good start to a season.

Yeah, the Hawks next 5 will be really telling.

Suns should be an easy win. WCE and Cats are going to be hard to win. Dees could be hard if they have improved as much as people expect. Saints could go either way but as a Saints fan I'm not confident of getting a win against the Hawks atm.

I don't mean to be overly annoying with my comments regarding the Hawks pick this year btw. I don't really think they'll be close to winning the spoon, but It's just that it's almost like having a 2nd team to barrack for each week (whoever is playing the Hawks).

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

When I pick a loser, I really pick a loser lmao. Giants by 102 points.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

TG-Chrono posted:

I'm seriously considering writing a letter of complaint but I'd know SEN wouldn't take it seriously.

They'd frame it and put on the wall like a trophy

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Interesting in the suns giants game gws are 100+ points up but if you look at the indivdual player ratings on the field it's a fairly even spread between both sides. Odd stuff

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Most of the play, particularly in the 2nd half was one-way traffic, Giants kicked 13 of the last 14 goals, Suns forwards couldn't kick straight even when the midfield could get the ball to them.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

What the hell?

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Please don't be poo poo, Saints. :ohdear: (They're gonna be poo poo)

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

If Liberatore stays fit then he's going to smash the tackles record this season. After two rounds he's already picked up 30 and is nine ahead of the next closest in Jong and 11 ahead of Taylor Adams.

edit: I hope that GWS beating the poo poo out of GC doesn't mean that the AFL media will completely ignore them throwing in the towel against Adelaide last week when it got too hard.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Apr 1, 2017

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

He died for your sins, he rose for your BRAINS
Sloppy start from the eagles, they look tired

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Go you Saints!

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Goddammit, I tipped against the Saints because its the Weagles at home. :bang:

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Please don't let his be a false dawn like last week. I can't take the Saints disappearing after the first quarter again.

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid

monolithburger posted:

Go you Saints!

Straight kicking and this game could have been all but over already. Oh well, just keep it up and hope the Eagles don't hang in by merit of kicking at 100% for goal.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
:love: Fantasia :love:

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
loving umpires

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
loving score review

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Holy poo poo that was a slow review, that's ridiculous.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Conclusive, my arse

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Stop kicking goals West Coast. Thanks.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
HOW THE gently caress DID HE GET RID OF THE BALL UMPIRE

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid
Sack all umpires, nuke Perth

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Josh Bruce has no stats at half time. No, I'm not just talking about disposals, but every single stat on the AFL website advanced stats page.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Are people suggesting that West Coast get super favored by lovely garbage umpiring in Perth? Perish the thought

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Birchall is getting scans for a possible broken cheek or jaw from that early knock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCE

• Locked thread