Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

RME posted:

persona but every time you summon a persona it plays the gachaman crowds transform sting

goty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Endorph posted:

also not looking forward to all the hot takes about trump wrt this game, especially when so much of it is just copy/pasted from japanese headlines
2015 in the Atlus offices. Two team members are discussing the plans for an international release. One casually says to the other: "I hope our social commentary will resonate with foreigners." Somewhere, a finger on a monkey's paw curls shut.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Make America Great Again was a quote from Revengence and that was 4 years ago

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Well yeah that is because it was a Regan quote.

Trump is also just Regan of the times so it fits.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

whats gachamon

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

whats gachamon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hd-jIvEXx6g

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

whats gachamon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xx0vhpG3lLc

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Some massive jackass just spoiled for me what appear to be very significant plot spoilers for Persona 5, on the level of (Persona 4 Spoiler) Adachi is the Culprit. Is there someone who's played the Japanese version of the game who can let me know how big of a deal these are and if there's still mystery to be had? I'm otherwise completely blind apart from the giant bomb quicklook, and was really looking forward to some mystery solving.

Edit: Removed link to them, I guess if someone can help, they can help in PMs or via steam or discord or something.

I'm so pissed off right now.

CuddlyZombie fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Apr 1, 2017

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

CuddlyZombie posted:

Some massive jackass just spoiled for me what appear to be very significant plot spoilers for Persona 5, on the level of (Persona 4 Spoiler) Adachi is the Culprit. Is there someone who's played the Japanese version of the game who can let me know how big of a deal these are and if there's still mystery to be had? I'm otherwise completely blind apart from the giant bomb quicklook, and was really looking forward to some mystery solving.

[/spoiler]

I'm so pissed off right now.

First off you should not link them at all.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Apr 1, 2017

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

MonsterEnvy posted:

Okay, I thought it would be enough to have a double layer of security, but just in case I removed the link. Could you remove it from your quote, please?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You basically got spoiled on the endgame stuff, so yeah. Fwiw the former is hidden incredibly poorly and the story it tells itself is very good. So I would say try to not kill yourself over it. Like you know something, but it doesn't mean you've fully experienced everything that falls under that or even seen how the characters react or handle the situations. Just play the game and see how you feel.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I wouldn't worry about it too much. There's more to the game than that. It's not such a poor story that it falls apart just because you know the answer to the mystery ahead of time.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Captain Baal posted:

You basically got spoiled on the endgame stuff, so yeah. Fwiw the former is hidden incredibly poorly and the story it tells itself is very good. So I would say try to not kill yourself over it. Like you know something, but it doesn't mean you've fully experienced everything that falls under that or even seen how the characters react or handle the situations. Just play the game and see how you feel.

So, it is indeed significant stuff, but the journey towards it should at least still be enjoyable, yeah? I know in some cases spoilers can help build excitement for looking for the reveal, so I'll try and keep a positive attitude. Still, I'm somewhat relieved the former is apparently obvious. Maybe this is a dumb question, but are there other surprises at all? Even if they're not as big or as late?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
There are absolutely some surprises you haven't had dropped on you yet, yeah. Idk how enjoyable you'll find the journey towards that stuff because after the first target I got really bored of the story and how stuff progressed but in the middle and near endgame which is like (Dungeons 4 & 6), I started enjoying myself again and in the latter's case was all in on the story P5 was having at that time. You may or may not feel the same, but there's still a good chunk of stuff you haven't seen or don't know about, so just chill and wait for the game and have fun.

Fwiw, that spoiler tag is a spoiler for how many dungeons are in the game or when stakes are involved basically, if you don't want to know either then don't look at it but I didn't name any names in there.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Alright, I'll do my best to do just that. Thanks you two.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

MonsterEnvy posted:

"You shouldn't even be posting spoilers!!!!!!!"

*quotes post and leaves the spoilers in

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
and when that doesn't start
there's murder in my heart
How is Hard difficulty in P5? I don't mind games being easy but ideally I'm looking for a fun challenge that makes you use your consumables and your brain sometimes. I can handle some frustration and grind.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

https://twitter.com/fuckhajime/status/504885747489316864

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

So this just happened

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I would say on my end that the first third of Persona 5 is enjoyable because a lot of P5's unique strength is having an actual group dynamic. What would be a lot of confessions about background in S-links are now integrated into actual story meetings between the crew, and that is a small but needed change.

So generally, the pace is better for me because story bits are more frequent, the party actually feels like a party more often, and the story shifts to a different side so that it feels more like stuff is happening and being affected.

Though I will warn I'm only halfway so it could totally poo poo the bed like a reverse Persona 3 so who knows.

KonvexKonkav
Mar 5, 2014

Lucky you! The store where I preordered my copy said they'd get it today but unfortunately, they didn't recieve their shipment yet. I'll have to wait at least until Monday and spend my weekend with real people instead of my anime friends. :negative:

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I pre-ordered at gamestop bc I had some weird used garbage to trade-in anyway, so there's like a 0% chance I get to break street

what the h*ck was I thinking...

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I've officially bought two copies of this game, lol

e: also gatchaman crowds is very good

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Gatchaman Crowds is extremely good

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

CuddlyZombie posted:

Alright, I'll do my best to do just that. Thanks you two.
I'm also heavily heavilllly spoiled my man cause I'm idiot who reads things I really shouldn't. I've just decided just to go ahead and enjoy the ride no matter what. As others have said, knowing plot details doesn't translate to the whole picture so there's still a ride there to enjoy

I've waited like five years, i'd be a fool to let knowing how a good bit of the final scenes play out stop me

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i have persona 5, but i will not play it until jpn voices are out. jealous?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Davincie posted:

I played Persona 5 with jpn voices several months ago. :smug:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Davincie posted:

jealous of how dumb you are!!!!

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Davincie posted:

you should play the game you paid for, op

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Davincie posted:

subs suck scrublord

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Spoilers have been out there since the Japanese release and a really dedicated fan already filled out the SMT wiki. It's not something new.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Davincie posted:

if you wanna do something you dont understand why dont you make good posts

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

It's the best dub for the past 6 months of rpgs

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Tae posted:

It's the best dub for the past 6 months of rpgs

what was 6 months ago

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

idk Berseria's p good and I'm not even down on the P5 dub like some people here

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

MotU posted:

what was 6 months ago

Ff15 off the top of my head.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Tae posted:

FF15 was also mostly good

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Tae posted:

im just trying to figure out what rpgs i missed tbh

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Arist posted:

idk Berseria's p good and I'm not even down on the P5 dub like some people here

I think Berseria has strong performances, but as an overall product I find there are some really big weak points. And I'm very sensitive to "clearly this was an isolated take or a rushed VA director." Not as bad as Zestiria which was a disaster of spliced lines at times, but not one of the best either.

Arist posted:

FF15 was also mostly good

The core group and a few of the surrounding party members are good but the others are incredibly hit and miss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I forgot about Berseria's myriad typos