Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marchegiana
Jan 31, 2006

. . . Bitch.
Happy Halloween from Persephone!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Fenrir posted:

Does the cat have to be totally black? My cat is only about 2/3 black.

Cowcat! :3:

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Marchegiana posted:

Happy Halloween from Persephone!

Look at that festive indignation!

meriruka
Apr 13, 2007

Serafina is a pro at indignation for no reason.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

That's what I said when I first saw him :3:

Here he is in the bathtub for some inexplicable reason:

Turambar
Feb 20, 2001

A Túrin Turambar turun ambartanen
Grimey Drawer
I adopted two cats from a shelter yesterday. I had my mind set on a different pair, but when I wanted to show the pictures to a friend the night before I went, it had a big "adopted" sign on them :(
I think it's for the better, because the people at the shelter were very happy that 4 black kittens found a new home. I couldn't have found a nicer pair anyway:

It's hard enough to get a good picture of a black cat, now try 2 hyper kittens.
They are not related. Both have been found as strays about a month apart. I have since given them different coloured collars and names.

One is called "Lucky" (because: black cat), the other one "Draakje", meaning "little dragon" in Dutch

I'll try to post some better pictures the coming week.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
In case it hasn't been posted in the past month

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBsEJ0JyoeU

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
https://twitter.com/girlposts/status/797918782987505664

Emuzor
Apr 25, 2008

I'm sorry, I believe I ordered the cunt knuckle dick sandwich
This is Demontague, aka Monty. He likes cheese and being used as a pillow. He has a pathetic meow but I don't hold that against him.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

FutonForensic posted:

I just adopted this little gal!

Her shelter name is Margo. Not sure what I'll change it to, assuming I do! She's still very skittish with her new dwelling, but she's been very sweet.

Margo update: cute as a fr*gging button!!!

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
:allears: Wanna pet that cat!

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
I hadn't seen my cat much, so I went looking for him. It turned out he's been loving the space heater in the basement and has been cuddling up next to it. I think that's a sign I need to move my bed away from the heater so I can turn it on so I can see my cat this winter. It's funny because in the summer when it's super hot, he comes running to stick his head in the fridge whenever he hears me opening it, but he stopped doing that as soon as the weather changed.

This is the "I wish my human's room wasn't a freaking ice cube so I can see him again" look.

HazCat
May 4, 2009

Already posted this in the helldump thread, but it is also relevant to this thread's interests:

https://vid.me/ZSpl

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
mine:

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
My black cat lives with my parents since I began to exhibit allergy symptoms in his presence. I came home for Christmas and he's definitely not feeling good. Leftover stool on the anus (extremely uncharacteristic, Prince is usually very clean), grumpy, seemingly tender in the lower abdomen doesn't want to cuddle or purr. Going to the vet, hope it's not another urinary problem, I've had him on RC Urinary SO since his first bout with crystals three years ago. Last time that cost me nearly $3000 and I would really like to save that for a replacement vehicle.

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012
I don't know if my cats 100% comply, some are of mixed color

Mini me

Mini me the party cat

Willow, my sweet, skiddish baby. She's got a cleft pallette

My fur traitor, phideas

Action shot of all 3

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

CeramicPig posted:

Action shot of all 3
I appreciate that the cats arranged themselves into a black-fur-percentage gradient.

Also, aww, Willow. I've never seen an adult cat with a cleft palate before -- does she have any health problems as a result?

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

LOG Jan. 9, 2017 - Margo refused to be anywhere else except in front of the monitor. She adapted a tolerance for the spray bottle, and any double-sided sticky tape I laid down would be immediately pulled up with her teeth, where she would then run around the house with the tape stuck to her. My only recourse is to put something more comfortable than the desk next to the monitor

There is no telling how long she will be satisfied. I fear for my life

Oh, also I visited my parents and their new tuxedo cat:

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012

Antivehicular posted:

I appreciate that the cats arranged themselves into a black-fur-percentage gradient.

Also, aww, Willow. I've never seen an adult cat with a cleft palate before -- does she have any health problems as a result?

They do that all the time and I love it.

Willow gets gunk stuck up im her nose occasionally. If she sniffs something to investigate it she shoves like the entire object up her nose which is hysterical to me. So because of that she can get sneezy at times too. She's a bit of a messy eater/drinker since little crumbs/splashes of stuff come out of her nose. That's it. We took her to the vet to have the vet check it out when we first got her and she's all good. They explore inside to make sure it's all still good when she goes in for shots.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Meet Phobos!

She's a pretty chill kitty:

With adorable toe beans:

She has a sister Deimos:

They love to chill on the porch and watch birdies together!

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
From Reddit somewhere:

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Yeah she loves me

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic

Elias_Maluco posted:

Yeah she loves me

Common misconception, the kitty just wants your sweet, sweet warmth :3:

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Just got two beautiful 3 month old tuxedos...littermates even!

Combined with my long hair 100% black haired cat (even his gums and claws are black!), I feel like I've found the perfect thread for me.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Kirios posted:

Just got two beautiful 3 month old tuxedos...littermates even!

Combined with my long hair 100% black haired cat (even his gums and claws are black!), I feel like I've found the perfect thread for me.

You didn't post pictures, mister!

:colbert:

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Goober Peas posted:

You didn't post pictures, mister!

:colbert:

I'll get the pair of them together tonight, but here's one of them trying to figure out a fireplace!

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Here's a picture of the two kittens:

They are definitely kittens...nearly all black one loves to climb up the curtains and the classic tuxedo finds toes to be delicious.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

These are good black cattens

Sierra Nevadan
Nov 1, 2010

IT came from reddit

HazCat
May 4, 2009

This is my cat Pan, aka Pan-Pan or Trash Cat.

When I first got her, she loved the windowsill. She still does, but she's a little bit bigger now.

She adores my other cat Onca, and attempts to merge with him whenever possible. She is a tiny feline remora

She likes going places she is not allowed to go (especially if Onca is too clumsy to follow her), and she loves outdoor adventures

Sometimes she has to be put into time out for her own good. Pan hates time out

She is a super goofy cat

But I love her anyway :3:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
"Darkly".
Used to be my brother's cat, I've had him for about the last six years. He's old, and fat, but he's the lovingest cat in the world, and only wants snuggles... when he isn't sleeping.
I'll sometimes stick my mic up to him so the goons in voice chat on the PS4 can hear him purr (cause he's super quiet doing it)... :3: He's gotta be pushing at least fourteen years old or more.
My bro raised him on Whiskas, but I give him the good stuff, grain free. He loves BBC documentaries (Sir Attenborough, dinosaurs). Darkly's the best.

Cable cat, by Rob Liefelidae :downsrim:

Hey, I'm trying to vacuum here. Jerk.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Sam is like a younger version of Darkly right down to the white belly poof.

I woke up to this yesterday and had to document it.

DIGNIFIED.

Schrecken
May 21, 2016

Child of Woe
This is my cat, Rex.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
These are my two cats.

They are sisters. They were found after a huge snowstorm a little over a year ago underneath a dumpster. Mom was dead and they weren't gonna make it as tiny kittens. So my friends mom took em. There was a third but he died as a kitten. Luckily these two made it. They were supposed to go to the local humane society but I decided gently caress that. Now they are mine.

Friends mom had originally named them Wakeem (left) and Blacky (right). This wouldn't do and their names were changed to Oddjob (left) and Wisp (right).

Names they answer to:

-Oddjob
-Ahzha
-Bazha
-Tubbs
-Fat cat

-Wisp
-Whisper
-Tiny Cat
-Butt Salad

They are only ever affectionate for a half hour after I get home from work. Any other time they just want to be near me without being petted, picked up, or bothered in any way.

(I need to get a better picture to show off the size difference. Wisp is half as big as Oddjob in both size and weight. I've never seen a cat so small after being fully grown.)

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)
Black cat lovers, I have a problem. Or rather my friend has a problem.

He's a goon living in Indiana at the moment and is trying to find a home for his 6 year old but so far no takers. The only caveat is that the guy is around 20 lbs and could stand to lose a lot of weight. If there's a thread for adoption or rehoming could someone link it for me? I couldn't find one in PI.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.
20 lb 6 year old black cat in Indiana? Is... is your friend trying to rehome my cat?

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Tumblr of scotch posted:

20 lb 6 year old black cat in Indiana? Is... is your friend trying to rehome my cat?

Not unless your cat hates your wife's dog with a passion and had surgery for an aural hematoma in its right ear (that's why it's flopped over).

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

https://youtu.be/YXh2lxVNwLE

Squidder
Mar 19, 2003

King of the Cat Tree

Oven Wrangler
Guys, guys, we got a new kitten! The Black Cat Army is up to 4 members now! Right now we're calling her TinyCat, and she became instant BFFs with Jeff, our biggest cat :3:

Here's a video of them together:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3k3MC5E8fY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Great Job Jeff