Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blight Runner
May 3, 2009
I'm on the edge of my Riven capacity again, so it's time to offload some Rivens to goons. Got rivens for the following weapons (on PC):

Aklex
Bronco
Ballistica
Despair
Hikou
Quanta
Spectra

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Blight Runner posted:

I'm on the edge of my Riven capacity again, so it's time to offload some Rivens to goons. Got rivens for the following weapons (on PC):

Aklex
Bronco
Ballistica
Despair
Hikou
Quanta
Spectra

Oh god I'd kill for that Aklex

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Blight Runner posted:

Aklex
Bronco
Ballistica
Despair
Hikou
Quanta
Spectra

A despair riven might be very useful to me

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Blight Runner posted:

Aklex
Bronco
Ballistica
Despair
Hikou
Quanta
Spectra

I would goddamn love a Hikou riven for my dumb throwing star machine gun.

Also, the words 'Ballistica Riven' just make me shudder in horror. I try to forget that gun exists.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Ugh, the last mission of the Inaros quest was a turbobitch to solo. The fight wasn't hard so much as it was a massive bullet sponge. Thankfully the door to the tomb didn't actually close so I was able to run back through the level (Grineer had all despawned unfortunately) and open crates for ammo. If not for that I would have had to just hide in a corner waiting for my newly unlocked focus to recharge so I could petrify then beat on him in melee for a bit. Maybe playing as Oberon was less than helpful.

Speaking of foci, what's the best way to use your first lens? I've got a Saryn Prime (first prime frame!) cooking so I was thinking of putting it on her.

PathAsc posted:

I love volt, but when they removed the bonus range from shield it was pretty dumb imo. Of course goatlord waifu needs love the most.

His beastmaster passive is surprisingly useful on derelict survival!

Alaan
May 24, 2005

I was fortunate enough to bring Valkyr to Inaros. The slide attack could one shot most of that fight.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

The Moon Monster posted:

Speaking of foci, what's the best way to use your first lens? I've got a Saryn Prime (first prime frame!) cooking so I was thinking of putting it on her.

Slap it on a high-power-damage aoe-heavy farming frame. Saryn works but she takes more effort now compared to the good old days. Visit Bere as the DPSer once a day and cap out your focus. Only level up the base ability, whatever point unlocks the passive for your tree of choice (always go zenurik), and the point that decreases the cooldown timer.

Focus is really dumb and useless except for the passive "rest of the mission" buff after you use its power once. Zenurik is the only universal tree, because 4 energy per second for the rest of the mission is good on everything.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Naramon is a distant second because being an invisible crit ninja is cool and good.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

sushibandit posted:

Focus is really dumb and useless except for the passive "rest of the mission" buff after you use its power once. Zenurik is the only universal tree, because 4 energy per second for the rest of the mission is good on everything.

Yeah, that's the impression I got after looking at the trees. Really wish I had done that before picking but I had no idea the choice was coming up, or what it was.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

The Moon Monster posted:

Lenses are cheap as poo poo, like 3 plat or something, if you need some lenses to put on all your poo poo just ask we have tons we'll give away, at least I do.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Coming back to this after a long break, just reapplied to the clan. So much has changed in a year :stare:

Blight Runner
May 3, 2009

Saraiguma posted:

Oh god I'd kill for that Aklex

I appear to have missed you by a day. I'll be around this weekend though.

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

A despair riven might be very useful to me

You got it! I'll hold onto it for you. I don't remember your IGN though. Look out for me in clan chat.

Still need to offload these for more riven space.

Bronco
Ballistica
Quanta
Spectra
Karak

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Capacitance Volt is a lot of fun (I think that's the name of the augment that restores shields)

If you don't mind constantly spamming powers you can run around holding a shield and melee everything while being super fast and stun everything with your 4. The shield in front of you blocks more than you'd think.

If you need to do pickups you can just drop a few shields and hit your 4.

You really need to micromanage all the timers but it's good fun for awhile.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Duration volt is fun as hell, electric bargain frost is cool to play

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

Night10194 posted:

But the Tigris is an ugly gun?

You take that back right now

Kellanved
Sep 7, 2009
Why am I playing this game again? I was clean for some months...

In any case, I've come to realize that I love Valkyr the best. It's just something that can solve any problem. But I kinda want to play Nova again, have a prime from years back sitting there...

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Gramps posted:

You take that back right now

It's the dumb fan blade in the middle, it ruins it.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Night10194 posted:

It's the dumb fan blade in the middle, it ruins it.

Where do you think all the slash damage comes from?

Cis Lord
Nov 14, 2016
ok, I don't get octavia at all. The roller ball dies super easy, and I'm not sure what the hell is going on with the other abilities.

Blight Runner
May 3, 2009

Cis Lord posted:

ok, I don't get octavia at all. The roller ball dies super easy, and I'm not sure what the hell is going on with the other abilities.

Rollerball should be invincible. It does need some duration to keep it sustained.

Use her 1 to lay down a lure that does damage over time to anything in its range. If you throw out a rollerball, it will scoop up the 1 and draw even more enemies to it.
The 3 is an armor buff to anyone in the field, but it also gives you bonuses depending on how you "dance" to the music.
Her 4 is like her 3, but instead everyone gets a damage multiplier if you are within the Amp field. It also boosts the damage of her 1 and 2 if it happens to be in this field.

Basically, you want enemies in range of your on your 1 & 2. Drop 3 and 4 when you're near allies.

Penis Vanguard
Mar 5, 2014

Blight Runner posted:

Rollerball should be invincible. It does need some duration to keep it sustained.

Use her 1 to lay down a lure that does damage over time to anything in its range. If you throw out a rollerball, it will scoop up the 1 and draw even more enemies to it.
The 3 is an armor buff to anyone in the field, but it also gives you bonuses depending on how you "dance" to the music.
Her 4 is like her 3, but instead everyone gets a damage multiplier if you are within the Amp field. It also boosts the damage of her 1 and 2 if it happens to be in this field.

Basically, you want enemies in range of your on your 1 & 2. Drop 3 and 4 when you're near allies.

One thing to note about Octavia's 1 and 2 is that her 1 increases in damage based on enemies dealing damage to it, and her 2 entrances enemies into following it without dealing damage to it, so the synergy between them isn't that great.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
They do attack it if it stops moving, but that rarely happens.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Whoever was in charge of this pvp event needs disciplinary action. It's the same goddamn thing as the Christmas pvp

Edit: holy poo poo what idiots paid $80 for a gold painted pinecone and pine cone noggle?

hazardousmouse fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Apr 2, 2017

Blight Runner
May 3, 2009

Raptor1033 posted:

Whoever was in charge of this pvp event needs disciplinary action. It's the same goddamn thing as the Christmas pvp

Edit: holy poo poo what idiots paid $80 for a gold painted pinecone and pine cone noggle?

I hate to break it to ya, but you might want to look at today's date.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Oh, so are they gonna hand out the pvp award tomorrow or something?

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Raptor1033 posted:

Oh, so are they gonna hand out the pvp award tomorrow or something?

Maybe the true PVP reward is the people we killed along the way?

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

The hell pvp event are you talking about.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
PS4 just had that lovely hikou and nikana only event pop up

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

That one was fun though, but I agree the christmas one was utter garbage.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
It's the same event though. Just without the snow.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Ah, thought you were getting it twice, pc had that earlier this year. Pro tip: altfire is a trishot with the shuriken.

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

Turn A posted:

Cool. Generally, should I stick with bows and kunai/shurikens when it comes to his ranged gear? When should I consider using other frames?

Any weapons work with Volt, although due to the specific bonuses his shield gives when you fire through it, high crit chance weapons synergize better. Slow weapons (that is, those with slower shot-travel time) also mesh well since you can stun an enemy in place. That said, and this is more general advice, but experiment with weapons and try out a little of everything and see what you do and don't like.

Also 2nding the advice to get Rhino when you can, as he's much, much tankier.

I find Volt is very useful when you expect to receive an enemy (like defense/mobile defense) and Rhino is better when you're taking the fight to them (like assassination and survival), but played well, you can use just about any frame for any mission.

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

I could do with your...assistance.
It's officially taking me longer to get the Miter than it did to get Equinox. gently caress that gun and gently caress the obnoxious bosses it drops from.

Quirkk
Sep 1, 2012

I was going through the star chart bosses collecting all the warframe parts so I decided I'd get the Miter parts while I was at it. Four Miter handles in a row and an hour of Lech Kril impotently swinging his hammer later I decided the Miter could go gently caress itself.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Quirkk posted:

I was going through the star chart bosses collecting all the warframe parts so I decided I'd get the Miter parts while I was at it. Four Miter handles in a row and an hour of Lech Kril impotently swinging his hammer later I decided the Miter could go gently caress itself.

Checking in after basically ignoring WF for a year. Is Miter actually good now?

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

ullerrm posted:

Checking in after basically ignoring WF for a year. Is Miter actually good now?

I"ve never made another after I blended it to make Panthera so I can't tell. But the Panthera is a genuinely good and especially fun weapon now.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I melted mine down to make a panthera a year ago and promptly binned that as well. With the panther buff on the horizon, I've got another miter in the oven with spare parts I had sitting around. Who says sorties aren't good for anything? :bustem:

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

They need to add a mod that turns miter/panthera discs into spinfusors.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Further idea: Beyblade launcher. I guess that's basically the Azima and Zenistar, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's been a few years since i've played, so let me see if i've got this straight. i need to run through all the quests and unlock the void relic and focus systems. i'd like to know how and where to farm endo, but is there anything else i should know?