Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Xander77 posted:

To quote my own Ramirez profile, he can't really figure out how to end faces that don't have a beard.

Like Liefeld and feet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

:3:

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Pants Donkey posted:

Hope N Change is dead.

He still has an unhealthy fixation on this stock photo model.

Don't worry, the other stock photo girl hasn't left the cast.

Lefty Lucy > Busty Ross

Holy poo poo an unironic Kelly Cartoon. Amazing.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

TheBigAristotle posted:

Holy poo poo an unironic Kelly Cartoon. Amazing.
Korner Kelly (smiling): "Fine Print!"

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

quote:

Now, as then, we hope that those who chose to remain behind will join us here in Israel, the Promised Land.

quote:

Penn State trustee mocks Jerry Sandusky victims.

quote:

Indominus Rex

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

I can't imagine how Ramirez thinks he can get away with not labeling that caricature, but it's meant to be Eric Garcetti, the mayor of Los Angeles. The number is his office phone number.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

So do you want the states to have to enforce federal law or not? Because you were upset when Obama was trying to tell the states what to do.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

"'Allowing MtF individuals into this competition is unfair to women' - A girl" - A man who beats his wife

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Kill yourself Lester.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

One day, people are gonna look back on this the same way we look back on Nazi propaganda depictions of Jews.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

So if we give MtF and FtM their own class can we consider everything fair and move on to more pressing problems?

What's the rule for declaring your preferred gender at these tournies anyways. Is everything done strictly by weight?

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Isn't this literally the opposite of what happened? Unless there's another story, the one I read is ftm who crushed the girls competition because they wouldn't let him compete with the boys.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
Isn't that strictly opposite of reality too? I rmembered reading about a ftm boy who was forced to compete in the female division and won the championship.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Garrand posted:

Isn't this literally the opposite of what happened? Unless there's another story, the one I read is ftm who crushed the girls competition because they wouldn't let him compete with the boys.

Yes but Lester's just self-aware enough to know the real version is incapable of generating sympathy for his argument. The strawman version at least plays to his base.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Yeah that's just dumb. Thanks for the clarity.

DeathMuffin
May 25, 2004

Cake or Death

LingcodKilla posted:

So if we give MtF and FtM their own class can we consider everything fair and move on to more pressing problems?

What's the rule for declaring your preferred gender at these tournies anyways. Is everything done strictly by weight?

You're assigned (or should be) based on hormonal profile. Lester is being an ignorant poo poo (ikr, I couldn't believe it either) - because the actual recent case is a trans boy who was forced to wrestle with the girls because he was assigned female at birth.

Of course, a couple of years of testosterone therapy means that you have a huge advantage over girls of a similar weight.
Similarly it goes the other way - a couple of years of androgen blockers absolutely decimates your muscle and overall strength.

So this is totally an AGC - a trans boy was forced to wrestle with the girls and shouldn't have been because it's unfair to the other competitors.

[beaten.. :)]

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I think we talked about this before. They forced the trans boy to play with the girls. He wanted to play with the boys, but they forced him.

And NOW they have the courage to get angry about the outcome of their own myopic worldviews.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

SomeMathGuy posted:

Yes but Lester's just self-aware enough to know the real version is incapable of generating sympathy for his argument. The strawman version at least plays to his base.

Plus, anyone dumb enough to agree with Lester is now going to "absolutely remember" hearing about/reading about the news article where Lester's version actually did happen.
They obviously won't be able to find it, but they'll know they saw it somewhere.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord
They're so goddamn stupid

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Garrand posted:

Huh, so through sheer stupidity, Lester technically avoided misgendering the person he was trans-panicking about. The babiest of baby steps.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

Wait, she didn't win but Lester is saying she deserves a trophy??

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

The only trans people that exist in anti-trans idiots' eyes are MtF trans people because they are afraid of the idea of someone voluntarily feminizing themselves.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I'm glad Mike Lester, noted wife beater, is able to tell us how girls feel about these issues.

I said it before but I bet you my bottom loving dollar if Trump was to put LGBT people into camps Lester would happily volunteer to be a guard.

OldTennisCourt fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Apr 1, 2017

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

sleeptalker posted:

Huh, so through sheer stupidity, Lester technically avoided misgendering the person he was trans-panicking about. The babiest of baby steps.

Just a small correction...

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
Thank you for your take on boys who wrestle with girls, you wife-beating sack of poo poo

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

LingcodKilla posted:

Let's cut to the chase here: in Lester's view, if there's any doubt then the kid just shouldn't be allowed to compete at all.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

I can't imagine how Ramirez thinks he can get away with not labeling that caricature, but it's meant to be Eric Garcetti, the mayor of Los Angeles. The number is his office phone number.

I just assumed this was supposed to be Michael Flynn until I read the sign then I had no idea who it was supposed to be besides some evil liberal who doesn't want to deport their constituents.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Humm, yes, noted yankee Senator Sessions, who have always despised the dixie and their racist ways and was not named after a traitor.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Rincewinds posted:

Humm, yes, noted yankee Senator Sessions, who have always despised the dixie and their racist ways and was not named after a traitor.

Compromise: don't deport them, enslave them.

Bing bong, so simple!

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

From the UAE

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
If the MtF wrestler had lost the big tournament to a little girl Lester would be flapping his arms and crowing about how dumb and weak trans people are and here's the proof; they just got beat by a little girl!!!

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

"Americans pay more in taxes than for housing, food, clothes combined"

Tinsley literally quoted the title of the article.

Keep reading, man. Get in those 80 hours of research:

"While that number may seem staggeringly high, Americans still spend a lower portion of their income on taxes than residents of other countries, according to an analysis of 39 countries released this week by the Pew Research Center."

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

FaradayCage posted:

"Americans pay more in taxes than for housing, food, clothes combined"

Tinsley literally quoted the title of the article.

Keep reading, man. Get in those 80 hours of research:

"While that number may seem staggeringly high, Americans still spend a lower portion of their income on taxes than residents of other countries, according to an analysis of 39 countries released this week by the Pew Research Center."

That's the thought I immediately jumped to, but he's not saying that Americans pay more taxes than Europeans, he's saying Americans are Taxed Enough Already.

I mean, what could federal funding possibly provide that's more important than our basic needs for survival anyway?? *dies of pertussis and illiteracy while being robbed of barter goods on the dirt road between hamlets*

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Trump and his administration are fleeing from the Nazis to avoid collaborating with them. A confusing cartoon? :confused:

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I laughed.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the government and Brexit – From debt haggling to May’s push for an ‘ambitious’ free trade deal, British and EU negotiators are gearing up for two years of tense talks"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Stephen Collins:

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

That's the thought I immediately jumped to, but he's not saying that Americans pay more taxes than Europeans, he's saying Americans are Taxed Enough Already.

I figured, but I kinda read it as:

:v: "Taxes are too low."

:tinsley: "Pitiable rear end! Taxes are too high! Read this article that makes the case for either of us depending on how you wish to interpret it. You have been proven wrong once again by the master." :smuggo:

...He couldn't even beat his own strawman in the argument.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
This is the worst comic the thread's seen in a long time.

Literally the opposite of reality, outright hatefulness, focusing on sensationalized (and fictional) reactions to the idea of transgendered people in order to stir up outcry, ignoring FtM, all the things people have already pointed out. Oh, and of course, calling the girl a boy because that's obviously what she "REALLY" is. "A boy who identifies as a girl", not "a girl". Lester saw through your scheme! You transitioned just so you could win elementary school wrestling competitions! Sad!

On top of that, though:
*Lester thinks the person who lost should have won, despite losing to agreed-upon rules beforehand, because they "deserved it" more. This of course flies in the face of all previously-expressed views on things like "too many trophies for kids these days" and "the electoral college".
*Lester thinks the ambitions of this girl [and every girl] are specifically "to wrestle with girls". Not "to wrestle", because it's something she loves and is passionate about. The act isn't what's important, what's really important is how she's placed, and who she competes with. Just like it's every girl's dream to be a lawyer in girl's court, or go to girl-NASA, or join the girl Army. Girls know their limits!
*Despite allegedly only being here because she wants to wrestle (and therefore presumably enjoys it) she throws it all away because of one loss (her first, apparently -- what a quitter). She still won second place, but she throws the trophy away in disgust. Her dreams have died instantly. What good is doing something you love if you can't always win first place?
*The girl who won first place obviously didn't work hard, nor did they have a passion for wrestling. Only our protagonist did. She won all the lead-up rounds (as the other contestants clearly did, that's how they qualified), but losing this round PROVES foul play. The girl who got first place didn't care or strive or even perform well -- or if they did, it doesn't matter to the story. A story completely made up to scare suburban parents who only want first place trophies, anyway, and whose children probably wouldn't give a gently caress about the politics involved.

Lester is such a hateful little poo poo.

Vib Rib fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Apr 1, 2017

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

FaradayCage posted:

I figured, but I kinda read it as:

:v: "Taxes are too low."

:tinsley: "Pitiable rear end! Taxes are too high! Read this article that makes the case for either of us depending on how you wish to interpret it. You have been proven wrong once again by the master." :smuggo:

...He couldn't even beat his own strawman in the argument.

Yeah, that's what I was making fun of in my other post about it. Tinsley's apparently incapable of understanding the argument except as the most basic stance on the concept of taxation ("taxes are good and i love to give all my $$$ to government and i would kiss the government" "no, taxes are bad, you clod, you dummy idiot, etc"), because the thing he cites doesn't even follow logically as a rebuttal unless you also interpret it that way.

Vib Rib posted:

Lester is such a hateful little poo poo.

Yeah he's hosed

A HUNGRY MOUTH fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Apr 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

It's funny how the :biotruths: crowd ignores the effects of HRT on a person.

• Locked thread