Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
lol. you are about to get enchanted by a fair maiden. kiss your sweet evil freedom goodbye.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

honestly, the best you can do at this point (and i know it hurts to hear it) is become a redeemed evildoer and help the maiden on her quest, bc her heart of gold is gonna blow away every tatter of villainy in your withered soul.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

nomadologique posted:

honestly, the best you can do at this point (and i know it hurts to hear it) is become a redeemed evildoer and help the maiden on her quest, bc her heart of gold is gonna blow away every tatter of villainy in your withered soul.

Nice try! You'll have to find it, first!

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

she'll find it, lol. she'll make you bring it to her on a silver platter. and you will, quite happily.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

nomadologique posted:

she'll find it, lol. she'll make you bring it to her on a silver platter. and you will, quite happily.

Huey lewis is that really you?

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

One of the problems with song magic, and a major reason you don't see it much anymore, is that fair maidens are literally undefeatable in a contest of magical music. If there's one within ten miles, any time they hum a tune they're gonna gently caress up whatever evil poo poo you have going. (There are some interesting theories as to why, if you dig into fate/fey/fable interactions, but nothing actionable.) This could be the cause of the bird thing.

Best actual solutions I've seen involve stealing her voice or turning her evil, but both those tend to attract capital-H Heroes. At that point, you'll have a less than even chance of making it out at all.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Can I have your orc band after you're converted dude. Need a spooky soundtrack for my lair when the heroes are in danger.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Eela6 posted:

Hi fellow wizards. Just checking in. I've taken the hat and cloak off the peg and I'm back into full-time wizardry after two decades of consulting and applied bardic research. That's right - I'm bringing back musical evil.

I've got a small lair going on. Besides the flesh-tearing, maddening rhythm beating from what was once a human heart, it's a pretty traditional set-up. An orc and skeleton joint, you know.

I'm set up down by a haunted marsh I bought for a song (literally!)

My problem is birds. Something about my evil music just keeps attracting birds. I'm not talking crows and ravens, I'm talking cute little songbirds with red wingtips, bright green hummingbirds, the whole princess-in-a-tower shtick. They're chattering around, lighting on my shoulder, singing along. I can toss a half dozen fireballs and scare them away for an hour or two, but they keep coming back, and they seem practically immune to magic. I boiled a hundred of them and stitched their flesh and bone into to a golem, and it fell apart within a half hour. The next day there were more cute birds than ever.

I'm a sixty-nine year-old warlock with my soul hidden in a box made from a dragon's ribcage, not a buxom maiden waiting to be rescued. I don't know what to do! I consulted for years and I've never seen anything like this. Please help!

You want to encourage them to do disgusting things, like, I don't know, peck at stuff? Eat stuff. Be scary. Bird stuff. Use your imagination. Get some creepy-rear end bird flocks going.

Or, you know, give in to that maiden.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Or, you know, give in to that maiden.

nooooooo she'll break your heart*, I just went through this!!! well, crone, not maiden, but still!

wait I think she was a maiden though?

*even if it's made from onyx!!!

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Okay, I just finished eating the skull of one of the greatest warlocks of all time and I gained unimaginable demonic power, which is cool, but I also grew horns and wings and now my robes won't fit. And I'm not talking little ones, I mean Tim Curry from Legend wings and horns, really bulky and goofy-looking.

What should I do? My demonic powers render me immune to polymorphing so that's out, shapechanging requires way too much concentration, and I have a date on Saturday with this cute lady I met at church and I want to make this work.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Screaming Idiot posted:

Okay, I just finished eating the skull of one of the greatest warlocks of all time and I gained unimaginable demonic power, which is cool, but I also grew horns and wings and now my robes won't fit. And I'm not talking little ones, I mean Tim Curry from Legend wings and horns, really bulky and goofy-looking.

What should I do? My demonic powers render me immune to polymorphing so that's out, shapechanging requires way too much concentration, and I have a date on Saturday with this cute lady I met at church and I want to make this work.

How new are you to this? Cast illusion or make an amulet of Disguise. Did the skull you ate come from a wizard lurking the short spire? Also next time you want to get the sum-total wisdom and knowledge from a person don't eat them, smoke them. Takes far less time, is much cleaner and the transfer is much more intact. Sure the cannibalistic rush is great, but you get blood and brain everywhere and you have to spend weeks working out the all the details on an instinctual level instead of going right to the intellectual level by hookah-ing a fool. I have a trap room specifically to lure dumb heroes into that is just a giant vaporizer.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

please note, and i don't mean to condone it, but in many magickal precincts, while cannibalism is perfectly legal, smoking/vaping flesh is still very much against the law! please be sure to check your local ordinances before doing this, as you do NOT NOT NOT want The Render of All Things showing up at your door on a saturday morning.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Well, unless you have enough to share.

(Keep The Laws)

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Lawful Evil wizards are such a buzzkill and the laws around smoking dank flesh are outdated, classist and barely even enforced anymore at a local level. Why is it okay for a necromancer to raise up some zombies to clean his slave pits but the second I toss a nosy monk into my soul-bong suddenly I'm as bad the wizards smuggling super addictive blue crystals from the Fae-realms?!

It's a humane, natural process that uses the entire subject and isn't habit forming. Sure if you're predisposed to soul-madness then you shouldn't partake but what I do in my personal lair is my business and if it's not hurting anyone important than what's the big deal?

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

nomadologique posted:

please note, and i don't mean to condone it, but in many magickal precincts, while cannibalism is perfectly legal, smoking/vaping flesh is still very much against the law! please be sure to check your local ordinances before doing this, as you do NOT NOT NOT want The Render of All Things showing up at your door on a saturday morning.

You may say this, but I once had a great time pretending to be "redeemed" by a heroic wizard. After several weeks of pretending to do good things (this is extremely difficult after the first day or two), I convinced him to share a smoke with me. When he was back was turned, I sprinkled the dried flesh of some schlub that wandered into my castle seeking "riches and fame" into the good wizard's pipe. Boy, the look on his face when the Render showed up the next day!

Anyway that's how I ended up with a sweet new staff and no competition in the local province.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

that is some truly evil wizardry, bravo.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Wow, that's some grade-A evil right there. I guess I technically register as "undead" so I think that's why I get away with toking up unrended. It's not going full light but if you take out your soul and put it back in quick enough then you get the Undead tag without actually going undead. Still have a heartbeat and can enjoy food and honestly as an evil wizard you don't miss having a conscience at all! Makes it a pain having to avoid holy things but most of the negatives you get as undead you already have as an evil wizard. Try it out!

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

that's an irreversible process that a lot of evil wizards have regretted after the fact, so honestly, just like with the smoking thing, i suggest you take a long hard look at yourself before you do anything like that. make sure it's what you really want.

seriously arkanomen you're full of questionable advice bud! properly evil of you. kudos.

Vlonald Prump
Aug 28, 2011

Here in America, you grab them by pussy. In old country, pussy grab you!!
Buglord
This thread is making me so grateful to live in the Outer Abyss where there's no intrusive metaphysical forces telling you whose soul you should or shouldn't suck out of what orifice. You guys don't know what you're missing. lol

Vlonald Prump fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Apr 1, 2017

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

among many other things, the reagent market here is second to none, so there are some upsides.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

nomadologique posted:

that's an irreversible process that a lot of evil wizards have regretted after the fact, so honestly, just like with the smoking thing, i suggest you take a long hard look at yourself before you do anything like that. make sure it's what you really want.

seriously arkanomen you're full of questionable advice bud! properly evil of you. kudos.

The most sublime evil is to stand by and watch others to make bad choices you convinced them to make. Just claim you're a journalist when the paladins come knocking on your door and walk away unsmited as interfering would compromise your integrity.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Hobelhouse posted:

This thread is making me so grateful to live in the Outer Abyss where there's no intrusive metaphysical forces telling you whose soul you shouldn't, or shouldn't suck out of what orifice. You guys don't know what you're missing. lol

I'm sure. I'm also sure you find it a pain in the rear end paying premiums on reagents and/or finding willing volunteers for you experimentations.

Living in the outer planes is fine and dandy, even did it myself for awhile.

Material plane is just as good, it's all relative to what you are accustomed to.

Vlonald Prump
Aug 28, 2011

Buglord
Eh, the gibbering fiends out here are cooperative enough. If you give 'em enough soul fragments to keep them from dissolving back into the formless void some of them even stick long enough to develop a personality. The personality of a schizophrenic axe murderer usually, but that suits me just fine. Got a good deal going where I train up Void Fiends for summoning and my boy back in the Obsidian City sends me reagents and some fresh mooks to tear the souls out of. I've been training some of the fiends to help out. There's this one I'm keeping an eye on, Tsalagyash'thlu'jak, he's gotten to be very creative. Have you ever seen a man poo poo out his soul before? They don't teach you anything about that in Mage School!

It's the loving wild West out here, it's nuts. Though maybe I shouldn't be talking it up too much, that's how the Astral Planes got "discovered" and you all know what a gentrified fuckville that turned into. At least here in the Outer Abyss they can't jack up the rent. Don't let anyone tell you there aren't upsides to living in an infinite formless void.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

honestly, real estate agents make me shiver. talk about evil.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Oh don't get me started on the Astral plane and the Outer Planar tax on "souls of pure heart"

poo poo has become onerous.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Alright guys. give it to me straight.

Are cults worth it.
should i just worship this entropy god by myself or should recruit some idiots at the magic college to share the workload.

Hihohe fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Apr 1, 2017

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Don't mess with religion other than pacts with the ruinous powers. Even then that's basically just a legal contract. There's nothing more of a waste of time than church politics. Somebody gets passed over a promotion, you get in fighting, splinter factions...Some gods even get off on that as a some kind of survival of the fittest. It's not, it's just dysfunctional head games disguised as divine doctrine.

Stick with the Laws and save yourself having to deal with insane zealots.

Automatic Slim fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Apr 1, 2017

Vlonald Prump
Aug 28, 2011

Buglord
Buddy of mine used to run the local chapter of the Cult of Ba'al and he got maaaaad brainwashed cultist pussy. Ba'al is kind of a party animal though, IDK about some random entropy god. You'll all probably wind up looking like diseased skeletons and corpulent germbags in no time and that is NOT a good look for getting down with (one of my exs was Nurgle- curious, don't ask)

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Hihohe posted:

Alright guys. give it to me straight.

Are cults worth it.
should i just worship this entropy god by myself or should recruit some idiots at the magic college to share the workload.

In my experience, cultists are really weak-willed, and they'll ditch you for another smooth-talking evil wizard or even demi-gods. I think you're best off trying to scam some local peons into worshiping the entropy god and siphon off some of the power. Besides, that's plausible deniability: if authorities or enforcers in your area want to punish someone for dealing with extra-planar deities, they'll come after the peons instead of you.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
If you have to get involved with religion, become the god they worship, or if you can't tap into your dormant dark divinity, fake it 'til you make it.

Also, my horns and wings fell off in the shower. Turns out they weren't even permanent, lol.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

religious cultists move with the wind; you're a prophet today and the antiba'al tomorrow

non-religious cults, now that's where the action's at, baby! Just don't make the same mistakes as Adolf the Red and it's smooth sailing

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Hobelhouse posted:

Buddy of mine used to run the local chapter of the Cult of Ba'al and he got maaaaad brainwashed cultist pussy. Ba'al is kind of a party animal though, IDK about some random entropy god. You'll all probably wind up looking like diseased skeletons and corpulent germbags in no time and that is NOT a good look for getting down with (one of my exs was Nurgle- curious, don't ask)

Which Ba'al are you talking about? Zebub? Horchata? Frank? Ba'al is a title.

Ba'al Zebub is "Lord of the Flies" and took ownership of the name after some crazy Yam (the Storm God) cultists started carrying him around in a box and promoting their worldwide cultural hegemony (that thing with Mithras really made the whole thing snowball in a delightfully hilarious direction) which included calling Him a giant piece of poo poo. His portfolio is actually farming, fertility and the soft rains, though He has started to dabble in excrement, pestilence, and golden showers as sort of a disruptive marketing thing.

Ba'al Frank, though. Ba'al Frank... is a real party dude.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
what is this 20-page thread about

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

a misanthrope posted:

what is this 20-page thread about

~twenty pages

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Peanut Butler posted:

~twenty pages

i'm bready to die

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

a misanthrope posted:

i'm bready to die

let's talk about it, step into my cauldron

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

a misanthrope posted:

i'm bready to die

Dibs on your soul

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

have you considered donating all of your bones to a bad cause right now?

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

sorry guys my earthly and spiritual remains have already been claimed by Sallie Mae

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
Oh whuff. Even I wouldn't touch Sallie Mae's property with my worst enemy's staff. Sorry, but they're too evil even for me.

• Locked thread