Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Man college football got dark this decade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

This is what happens when Bama doesn't win a natty. This is the future you chose.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

pillsburysoldier posted:

Man college football got dark this decade

It was probably worse, really, in the 70s and 80s.

Would it surprise you, really surprise you, if someone came up with evidence that Bear Bryant had someone shot just so someone else couldn't get a recruit he couldn't have?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Bryant seems like the guy who would've hired a hitman. He wouldn't want his hands dirty, you see.

College football has always had off the field problems, but it's a reflection of America. Why do you think the war on drugs happened the same time the Hurricanes started winning national championships?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Sash! posted:

Would it surprise you, really surprise you, if someone came up with evidence that Bear Bryant had someone shot just so someone else couldn't get a recruit he couldn't have?

I'd be a bit disappointed if it came out that he hadn't tbh.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Sash! posted:

It was probably worse, really, in the 70s and 80s.

why would da bear need a gun

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Haven't you mother fuckers seen The junction boys? Bear preferred enhanced interrogating

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
How long would Bear Bryant stay employed as a coach if they re-animated him and just told him to go coach again. Like 3 days counting the investigation?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Please refer to my avatar for the answer to that question.

Supposing he had died and was brought back, the trail of bodies left by the university and fanbase would approach the levels of a small scale war. Snitches get stitches and whatnot.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
https://twitter.com/redditcfb/status/847881048956522496

Rutgers is ducking Princeton (for good reason, they'd get crushed)

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Why Yankee Stadium? Why not, like, MetLife Stadium in New Jersey? You know, the State they first played football in. And a football stadium. Hell, if it's too big, Red Bull Arena could fit the bill.

e: also, death is preferable to another Crimson Tide national championship.

Edward Mass fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Mar 31, 2017

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
https://twitter.com/Sean_Callahan/status/847939479398752256

Get in

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Only if Pelini returns as his DC. Maximum fuckery must be engaged.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Coastal Carolina is trying to become the Arizona State of the G5 with (allegedly) prostitute cheerleaders.

http://deadspin.com/coastal-carolina-suspended-their-entire-cheerleading-sq-1793902414

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Co-sign

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Rewatched MASH tonight.

Solid offseason football.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Korranus posted:

Coastal Carolina is trying to become the Arizona State of the G5 with (allegedly) prostitute cheerleaders.

http://deadspin.com/coastal-carolina-suspended-their-entire-cheerleading-sq-1793902414

I wonder what their rates were

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/doctor_59/status/847925225740279810

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
those people were trying to help Innisfree is loving trash

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Even odds the staff didn't even realize he was Deshaun Watson until after he was asked to leave

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

I lived in Tuscaloosa for 15 years and I went into that poo poo hole once. Downtown Pub for life

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

vyst posted:

I wonder what their rates were

Something something "student-athletes."

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Fluffdaddy posted:

I lived in Tuscaloosa for 15 years and I went into that poo poo hole once. Downtown Pub for life

Half price apps night is great, fight me. It is no Wilhagan's though.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Bama LB Ryan Anderson was behind getting Watson to leave by saying "time to go". The establishment claims they had nothing to do with it and kicked Anderson out when they found out what he did.

That is some world class salt from Bama players.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Why the gently caress is Deshaun Watson in Tuscaloosa anyways?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Adun posted:

To check on his victims.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Adun posted:

Someone on Reddit said he was hanging out with a friend on her birthday.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
Guys I think South Carolina's QB might be legit good

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Raku posted:

Guys I think South Carolina's QB might be legit good

On the other hand, Will Muschamp offense

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

KKKLIP ART posted:

On the other hand, Will Muschamp offense

If he makes it three years under Muschamp without becoming trash do you immediately assume he should be the first QB drafted?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Pakled posted:

Someone on Reddit said he was hanging out with a friend on her birthday.

WHAT

FRIENDS

IN A RIVAL STATE?!

Jesus people are so pathetic

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Raku posted:

If he makes it three years under Muschamp without becoming trash do you immediately assume he should be the first QB drafted?

No because you would still have no idea what kind of QB he is.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
I'm watching UAB play football :)

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

Raku posted:

I'm watching UAB play football :)

I'm glad to hear! I hope UAB has a good tagline this year for their team, because the last time an FBS team took two years off the on-the-field result wasn't pretty.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Raku posted:

You have to question the intelligence of a QB that doesn't transfer out of a Muschamp offense.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Adun posted:

He does a lot of work for Habitat for Humanity.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Is the is Texas Tech Spring Scrimmage watch thread?

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Amy Pole Her posted:

WHAT

FRIENDS

IN A RIVAL STATE?!

Jesus people are so pathetic

Why the gently caress would you like anyone from Alabama?

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
Ahmir Mitchell, by all accounts far and away the best WR for Rutgers, tore his ACL today and is probably done for the year.

They also got a DB transfer from Georgia, Juwuan Brisco, who will be eligible in a year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Kim Jong Il posted:

They also got a DB transfer from Georgia, Juwuan Brisco, who will be eligible in a year.

To put this in perspective, he got picked on every year because he constantly got beat. He had one fumble recovery against Mizzou that was clutch, but in general when you heard an announcer say Juwuan Brisco, it was followed by a "GOD DAMNIT" from somewhere.

• Locked thread