Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Skwirl posted:

A goth girl in my middle school had a copy of Quake 1 for PC in her cd case just because NIN did the soundtrack.

I did the same thing. My computer could barely run it but hey free NIN CD. It was the shareware version toobut it had the whole soundtrack.

Mostly just listened to the first track on repeat though because the rest was pretty much ambient noise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

revolther
May 27, 2008

veni veni veni posted:

I did the same thing. My computer could barely run it but hey free NIN CD. It was the shareware version toobut it had the whole soundtrack.

Mostly just listened to the first track on repeat though because the rest was pretty much ambient noise.
It was cute that quake had 9inNails from quad guns, SO METAL.
But it wasn't a selling point to anybody. It was the 1996-ish version of Dinklage doing Destiny's voice... Actually no, it's more like Destiny hiring McCartney to do a theme song, something mostly NOBODY will ever notice or care about, but as an accolade proclaimed by an untested oligarch, it sounds great.

Joakim Brecht
Aug 20, 2013
Sony just sent me an email saying that because I used 50 euros in the psn store in March, they'll give me a 10 euro cashback-refund. Am I being april fools' pranked by Sony or do you think this is genuine?

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
It's genuine. Of course you'll get the money the day after the current big sale ends...

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Rebate

I got an email about the promo don't see it anywhere else so not sure if you have to click the store link in the email or what

Can we get a screen cap or a link? I might do this for a persona 5 preorder.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Finally had some free time to play through a few games, and Oxenfree and Valley are really good. Unfinished Swan and Armello are good, if a bit bland.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Renoistic posted:

It's genuine. Of course you'll get the money the day after the current big sale ends...

Not a problem, another big sale will start so... :getin:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Well The Last Guardian used isn't worth poo poo really. Not gonna sit on a Craigslist post for it. As the above poster said it has its downfalls. I only played about four hours and then just YouTubed the ending. I appreciate what they were doing but it's just not my type of game in conjuction with the issues.

Anyways, thought about doing something charitable:

I was thinking maybe we should get a goon chain going? Go down a list, each person gets it for two weeks, no longer, and has to pay to ship it to the next person CONUS. Must have an account >6 months old and actively post

Open to suggestions

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Well The Last Guardian used isn't worth poo poo really. Not gonna sit on a Craigslist post for it. As the above poster said it has its downfalls. I only played about four hours and then just YouTubed the ending. I appreciate what they were doing but it's just not my game in conjuction with the issues.

Yeah I can already tell I'm never gonna finish it. Even when the controls work it's not very rewarding.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Yeah I can already tell I'm never gonna finish it. Even when the controls work it's not very rewarding.

Phew, I thought I might get dog piled for disliking the game sans camera issues. Some people lost their minds about it when it first dropped. Probably mostly the hype/long production train. Tbh I think the game sucks. I do appreciate the art and theme etc tho

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Tlg is amazing the ending is one of the greatest in game history

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Pls let's not go down that rabbit hole

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sry you hate my goty bad uncool gamer

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Phew, I thought I might get dog piled for disliking the game sans camera issues. Some people lost their minds about it when it first dropped. Probably mostly the hype/long production train. Tbh I think the game sucks. I do appreciate the art and theme etc tho

If anything, me agreeing with you usually means you will get dogpiled.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
How about we dogpile the guy proposing we set up a trade system to allow a bunch of goons to play a good game without paying anything for it

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Honestly it really does perform pretty badly. It's not the greatest on a regular ps4, and even on a pro, it's less than stellar.

Then there's the fact that the game mechanics are all outdated by like 5 years. It would have been a perfectly reasonable ps3 game but as a ps4 game, it's kind of weak.

I still like it a lot, but I can understand why it's not everyone's cup of tea.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

i agree with you, the game has a lot of issues and isn't very good. It's neat and different, and cool that it exists. But it's still not a good game imo.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Souless trash posters out in force

Fools day indeed

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
TLG is pretty cool, but it's definitely a game you only play through once. I enjoyed the puzzles but there are too few of them, and most of the gameplay consists of riding Trico (who you don't control directly).

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

TLG is good to play with kids around. They really enjoy it.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Fix posted:

TLG is good to play with kids around. They really enjoy it.

but i hate kids...

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Real hurthling! posted:

Souless trash posters out in force

Fools day indeed

I post everyday, thank you :colbert:

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
My experience with TLG, trying to get animal thing to do something for 10 minutes, think that maybe that's not what I'm supposed to do... Walk around for 20 minutes trying to figure out what to do. Turns out animal thing was just being lovely and what I was trying to do originally was what I was supposed to be doing.

Yea FUN game.

Horrorosaurus
Oct 22, 2010

Turtlicious posted:

So I thought I posted this already, but I hadn't. I like Far Cry Primal (which I'm just trying now,) more than Horizon Zero Dawn, what it lacks in story, it more than makes up for in Gameplay.

Thanks guy this is some vital info and I'm gonna go write it down in my notebook right this second! Told my wife about your personal interest in Far Cry Primal and she thought it was worth sharing around, too!

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Attitude Indicator posted:

but i hate kids...

:same:

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Horrorosaurus posted:

Thanks guy this is some vital info and I'm gonna go write it down in my notebook right this second! Told my wife about your personal interest in Far Cry Primal and she thought it was worth sharing around, too!

Glad he posted it the second time. I don't want to fathom the kind of life I would have lived if I hadn't known it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It's ok to dogpile on people for not liking TLG. It's like making fun of someone's racist uncle on Facebook. It has to be done because their opinion is so bad.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Horrorosaurus posted:

That's really cool man, I hope you and your wife enjoy the game! :3:

e: Oh but there's no co-op, me and my girlfriend just take turns though, so you can probably just do that!

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I also think persona 4 is terrible poo poo and I bought into the goon hype so :shrug:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I can't wrap my head around persona either.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

it's okay to be wrong sometimes

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

veni veni veni posted:

play one game day per real dayand in 13 weeks when you fight your first battle it will click

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

It gets going at like 15 hours guys give it a chance

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Unironically

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

veni veni veni posted:

It takes its concept and executes on it very well through its presentation, solid gameplay, and good writing. It's particularly known for having very well written characters.

It's...not that complicated?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Persona 4 was a fun game I enjoyed playing.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

King of Solomon posted:

It takes its concept and executes on it very well through its presentation, solid gameplay, and good writing. It's particularly known for having very well written characters.

It's...not that complicated?

I've started 4 like 3 separate times and felt like there was zero entertainment value in it. Play 15 hours is a pretty hard sell.

I'm not saying it's bad and I want to enjoy it but I can't get past how unappealing it is to me.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Persona 4 is wonderful from the jump, but if you didn't like it, don't buy 5 you weirdos, it's just more of that, I'm assuming

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I did love Catherine though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

veni veni veni posted:

I've started 4 like 3 separate times and felt like there was zero entertainment value in it. Play 15 hours is a pretty hard sell.

I'm not saying it's bad and I want to enjoy it but I can't get past how unappealing it is to me.

I'm pretty sure whoever said "play 15 hours" was joking. That said, it's okay to not like a good game. It's just silly to act like it's some mystery why people like it, I guess?

There are good games out there that I've deliberately avoided or just not bothered with beyond the intro because they didn't appeal to me, too. For example, I'll never play Titanfall 2 because I can guarantee that I won't enjoy it.