Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I don't know.

Christianity gave us the story that Jesus's foreskin became the rings around Saturn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
What? No foreskin relics?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

JaucheCharly posted:

Then what the hell did I just buy off ebay??

Jeb Bush 2012
Apr 4, 2007

A mathematician, like a painter or poet, is a maker of patterns. If his patterns are more permanent than theirs, it is because they are made with ideas.
the rings of saturn are that big because every single relic of jesus's foreskin is up there

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

JaucheCharly posted:

There were, but most Holy Prepuces were lost during the Reformation. There was one in the city of Calcata (in Viterbo, Italy), which was paraded around during the Feast of the Circumcision (on January 1st), but the jewelled reliquary, prepuce and all, was stolen around 1983.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

That would make a good heist film.

A team of professional thieves must steal Jesus' foreskin for a a mafia boss who wants to wear it like a ring.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Feel like there's a double-ended dildo in a museum of Chinese bronzes somewhere.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
I think I posted that in one of the china threads.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

If you want salacious ancient stuff google "peruvian sex pottery."

The Moche were a really interesting people,

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Cyrano4747 posted:

man the facial expressions on these are the best

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Cyrano4747 posted:

I was just at the Rafael Larco Herrera museum last week!

Skeleton dicks!

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

xthetenth posted:

I seem to recall a dead officer in Hey Gail's time turning out to be a cross-dressing woman. If I remember right, they spoke approvingly of her wife (I think)'s faithfulness.
captain hendrich, siege of turin, 1640. her comrades valued her enough to send an expedition to the french to get the body back for burial, which since it's a step or two up from "into the common pit" is pretty good for the 17th century.

edit: catalina erauso was an officer who turned out to be a cross dressing woman, but was alive. also her gorget is kind of cool, it's in more parts than usual
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catalina_de_Erauso

HEY GUNS fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Apr 1, 2017

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

HEY GAIL posted:

captain hendrich, siege of turin, 1640. her comrades valued her enough to send an expedition to the french to get the body back for burial, which since it's a step or two up from "into the common pit" is pretty good for the 17th century.

edit: catalina erauso was an officer who turned out to be a cross dressing woman, but was alive. also her gorget is kind of cool, it's in more parts than usual

Do you have your sources about hendrich on hand, by the way?

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

xthetenth posted:

Do you have your sources about hendrich on hand, by the way?

There was found among the dead a woman who had always passed for a man among our enemies, and her name was Captain Hendrich. She had been an Obrist Leutnant in a regiment of German cavalry and for ten years, in order to better fool her society, had been married to a woman who was the only other person who knew her secret. At the beginning, they had called her Captain Capon, because nobody saw any beard at all: she had dueled another captain for this injury, and then he left her alone: she was one of the best officers in the army of the Spanish, who, the day after the sortie, instantly sent out an envoy to reclaim Captain Hendrich. When we responded that nobody had taken an officer prisoner, and let the enemies look at the dead, their surprise was strange when they recognized for a woman someone who had always been judged as one of the best officers of their troops. We gave them her body back: she had been about forty years old. Many fables have been added to this history, but this that I tell you is 100% truth, and it makes manifest the great chastity of this woman and a discretion without parallel in the woman she had married.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3585027&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=681#post451134245

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

FreudianSlippers posted:

That would make a good heist film.

A team of professional thieves must steal Jesus' foreskin for a a mafia boss who wants to wear it like a ring.

Somewhere Dan Brown got an erection and he doesn't know why.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

JaucheCharly posted:

The pope actually banned all mentions about Jesus' foreskin because an argument between two churches about who had the real thing had become embarrassing.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Alhazred posted:

The pope actually banned all mentions about Jesus' foreskin because an argument between two churches about who had the real thing had become embarrassing.

Apparently modding and being the pope have more in common than I thought.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Judging from how many other relics double, tripple, etc. there are, it should be at least 20 foreskins alone in southern europe.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
Controversial theory: Jesus could heal the sick, therefore he could possibly have regrown his foreskin as often as he needed.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Dalael posted:

Controversial theory: Jesus could heal the sick, therefore he could possibly have regrown his foreskin as often as he needed.

Tossing them to the crowd after a sermon like plectrums.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I heard that motherfucker had, like. thirty godly dicks.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Dalael posted:

There must have been one incredibly unhappy rabbi the day he was born.

Jeb Bush 2012
Apr 4, 2007

A mathematician, like a painter or poet, is a maker of patterns. If his patterns are more permanent than theirs, it is because they are made with ideas.
satan is the master of lies and it is well-established that he had multiple dicks so I think it's reasonable to conclude that all but one of the relics is actually satan's foreskin

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

JaucheCharly posted:

Judging from how many other relics double, tripple, etc. there are, it should be at least 20 foreskins alone in southern europe.

I didn't realize there were so many Jews in southern Europe.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
As if you need jews to fabricate foreskin relics.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Jazerus posted:

There must have been one incredibly unhappy rabbi the day he was born.

Well 8 days after he was born.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

JaucheCharly posted:

As if you need jews to fabricate foreskin relics.

Heard this was a mechanic in the new CK2 dlc.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

I heard that motherfucker had, like. thirty godly dicks.

With an rear end made of palm fronds he patrolled the land, with frankincense and myrrh in his perfect hands

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

JaucheCharly posted:

There was at most 18 holy foreskins in Europe.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

HEY GAIL posted:

and it makes manifest the great chastity of this woman and a discretion without parallel in the woman she had married

Mmhmmm....chastity. Suuuuure. :shobon: Or maybe it didn't count to these guys if no dude was involved?

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?
I mean, part of the entire Greek creation myth is spilled sperm from the castration of Uranus yielding various gods and people.

Maybe sperm is the underlying theme of all ancient life.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

extra stout posted:

I'm going back to the olden days when I could own a bunch of land, feed my cat

You would own nothing. Maybe less, and you would probably have to kill and eat your own cat at least once during your lifetime.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Deteriorata posted:

Tossing them to the crowd after a sermon like plectrums.

And we've circled back to the thread title

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

feedmegin posted:

Mmhmmm....chastity. Suuuuure. :shobon: Or maybe it didn't count to these guys if no dude was involved?
chastity and discretion meaning they were loyal to each other, friend :shobon:

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

HEY GAIL posted:

Recent grave studies say about 10% of the soldiers during the Napoleonic wars where women.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

sbaldrick posted:

Recent grave studies say about 10% of the soldiers during the Napoleonic wars where women.

That's interesting. Do you have an example?

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?
Oh and can this please go in this or a future OP

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Disinterested posted:

Oh and can this please go in this or a future OP

You're like 2 years late to the party buddy, but nice try.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
C'mon, let it all out Dalael. You know you want to do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

JaucheCharly posted:

C'mon, let it all out Dalael. You know you want to do it.

I'm not nearly as dumb as I look.

Well... kinda.