Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lemon
May 22, 2003

Onmi posted:

Hey, there are TV Guide spoilers out for 7 and 8. They put to rest the stupid arguments in this thread.

Episode 7 - XCVIII:
Jack and Ashi overcome a series of dangerous physical and spiritual tests in order to recover Jack's sword.

Episode 8 - XCIX:
The burgeoning relationship between Jack and Ashi takes a turn after they are hunted by one of the galaxy's deadliest creatures.

That second one makes me concerned for my :10bux:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

That is a rather worrisome spoiler.

Fionordequester
Dec 27, 2012

Actually, I respectfully disagree with you there. For as obviously flawed as this game is, there ARE a lot of really good things about it. The presentation and atmosphere, for example, are the most immediate things. No other Yu-Gi-Oh game goes out of the way to really make

Hypocrisy posted:

That is a rather worrisome spoiler.

I haven't read it; is it bad? Is it REALLY bad? Or is it like pajama wearin' baskest-faced slipper wielding, climbin' bleepin' buckle, gearin' up n' playin' all blitherin' comin' jesse oaf-lookin' stoner miffed blucus-san milk drinkin' soy-faced stupid nimrod snivelin' worm my hootin' rock vile stooge n' callous brute daddy bad?

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Fionordequester posted:

I haven't read it; is it bad? Is it REALLY bad? Or is it like pajama wearin' baskest-faced slipper wielding, climbin' bleepin' buckle, gearin' up n' playin' all blitherin' comin' jesse oaf-lookin' stoner miffed blucus-san milk drinkin' soy-faced stupid nimrod snivelin' worm my hootin' rock vile stooge n' callous brute daddy bad?

It depends largely on what you consider to be the subtext of a particular word.

On that word: Relationship could easily be platonic, let's wait and see.

Fionordequester
Dec 27, 2012

Actually, I respectfully disagree with you there. For as obviously flawed as this game is, there ARE a lot of really good things about it. The presentation and atmosphere, for example, are the most immediate things. No other Yu-Gi-Oh game goes out of the way to really make

Das Boo posted:

Huh; rather sad no one got the reference :( .

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Fionordequester posted:

I got it but I didn't know how to respond.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Mentor is a relationship. Surrogate daughter is a relationship. let's not jump to conclusions, plus I trust this crew to make it work regardless.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Fionordequester posted:

I figured you wanted an answer but found opportunity to use a reference to do so. :(

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Das Boo posted:

The spoiler clearly says that Jack will take Ashi with him back to the past and finally give his mom the daughter she wished she could've raised as well.

Also

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Chokes McGee posted:

Mentor is a relationship. Surrogate daughter is a relationship. let's not jump to conclusions, plus I trust this crew to make it work regardless.

True but burgeoning relationship is not usually a phrase used for platonic relationships

Fionordequester
Dec 27, 2012

Captain Oblivious posted:

True but burgeoning relationship is not usually a phrase used for platonic relationships

I don't know; I don't hear that phrase being thrown around for ROMANTIC relationships either. In fact; I don't really hear that phrase period.

Das Boo posted:

I figured you wanted an answer but found opportunity to use a reference to do so. :(

Correct! I was just sad that nobody seemed to get it, that's all. Cool to see I was wrong!

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

RareAcumen posted:

The spoiler clearly says that Jack will take Ashi with him back to the past and finally give his mom the daughter she wished she could've raised as well.

Also

Now we know who to cast as Jack if they ever make a live-action movie. Aku would just be CGI Hugo Weaving because it works for Transformers.

VolticSurge fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Apr 1, 2017

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Fionordequester posted:

I hope this doesn't affect our burgeoning relationship.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Captain Oblivious posted:

love is failure :geno:

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Narratively Jack and Ashi would feel pretty wrong, on the other hand people undergoing psychotic breaks aren't super good at relationship boundaries and good decision making. Hopefully it's just a father figure/mentor bit.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
In waiting for tonight's episode I dug a little bit deeper into footage and sadly, not even Jack 5 is free of goofs. Uh Jack, why did that Daughter give you her club so she could switch to a spear?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Looking forward to a brand new episode of Samurai Jack, but with googley eyes.

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

JT Jag posted:

Looking forward to a brand new episode of Samurai Jack, but with googley eyes.

Aku with googly eyes :allears:

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Just do the dragon fart episode with constant farts.

Fionordequester
Dec 27, 2012

Hypocrisy posted:

I hope this doesn't affect our burgeoning relationship.

Never fear; there will definitely be a burgeoning by the time we're through :keke:

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Jack has become: A failure.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

ZorajitZorajit posted:

I think the skin-suits were sexualized in the way that Paul Dini's characters were sexualized -- they're not that objectionable until you start thinking about why the animator chose to portray them this way and realize that's his ideal / fetish / only female body type he can draw. If I were an apologist, I'd probably point out that Samurai Jack's visuals is so stylized that it shouldn't matter. But the show is practically devoid of female characters (did Jack's mother even have a line in the flashback?) and that it's unacceptable not to call out the failures of the auteur.

If you read these first episodes as being about a virile, perpetually young man conquering agency-less femininity with his wilderness ruggedness and individualism, you wouldn't be wrong. And what's the weapon he uses to do this? He wears no clothes and throws spears to make unloved women bleed. That's weird.

Yeah man weed is awesome

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Apparently Adult Swim is rerunning the Rick and Morty S3 premiere til midnight, so no Jack.

E: Or they are? I don't know anymore.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Apr 2, 2017

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
I was about to ask about that.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
pretty sure you got fooled, son

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, I'm actually pretty certain now that no Jack.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
okay now I'm the one who's deeply confused

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Yeah Rick and Morty S3E1 is running on repeat til midnight I think.

No Jack probably. drat.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

havenwaters posted:

No Jack probably. drat.

http://www.adultswim.com/videos/samurai-jack

"Next Showing: April 1st @ 11:00 PM"

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

The problem is we don't know if they're actually going to adhere to that, given the Rick and Morty bombshell

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, they might not have wanted to give away the surprise.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
god drat I just checked Sling TV and since when did Toonami have HxH and Gundam Unicorn and JoJo and Tokyo Ghoul?

Toonami got fuckin lit since I checked last

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Only the first of those is good tho.

edit: well jojo too but it's gone soon.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

havenwaters posted:

No Jack probably. drat.

the new rick and morty is real good, go watch it

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

mandatory lesbian posted:

Yeah that is a good consolation. Rest of the new Rick & Morty season starts in the summer

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Oh Snapple! posted:

Only the first of those is good tho.

edit: well jojo too but it's gone soon.

Unicorn is fun and Tokyo Ghoul is a guilty pleasure :colbert:

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

mandatory lesbian posted:

did the show get better over time? i watched the first episode and bounced off pretty hard

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

AriadneThread posted:

did the show get better over time? i watched the first episode and bounced off pretty hard

it literally immediately gets better after the first episode

e: also if they're repeating R&M till midnight, does that mean they're just postponing everything to the late block?

e2: nope!

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Apr 2, 2017

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, Rick and Morty's pilot was not good but it got a million times better right away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

AriadneThread posted:

it's really loving good

• Locked thread