Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

RVWinkle posted:

I'm also bothered by the 100 year old kawaii scientist in a child's body. This game has all kinds of creepy sexual fetishes though if you also take into account the giant fairies.
At least until the max upgrade scene, the Great Fairies aren't sexual but more the "pinch your cheeks over-makeupped aunt" type. Except 50 feet tall.

The max upgrade scene is funny, but also :stare:

The scientist is eyeroll worthy but at least her diary is all "well now that I've figured out how the age rune works I'm gonna jump ahead to an older body, being in a six year old's body sucks"

Runcible Cat posted:

It's a great farming spot for ancient parts once you twig that.
The only place you should be farming guardians is right outside hyrule castle. After a blood moon there's always half a dozen Stalkers in the field as well as the three flyers around the rock columns to the left by the jail, and a whole lot of broken down Stalkers scattered around inside the walls, both the immobile versions and the damaged versions. And if you're just masochistic, you can go into Hyrule Castle proper and kill the turrets and flyers there too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Spergatory posted:

Yeah, it's still kinda weird. I think they were going for more of a funny-weird than gross-weird, but they didn't quite hit the mark. Dude still comes off as a pedo because she looks like a child. It would've been funny if he'd turned her down upon seeing her you left them arguing, ie: "You said you had muscles!" "You said YOU were an adult!" "I am! We have different life cycles!" "Whatever you say, kiddo." "Don't call me kiddo, scrawny, I'm older than YOU!"

See, this is what I was expecting to happen. Would have been fine, funny even, then everybody would move on with life. Instead we got... what actually happened.

RVWinkle posted:

I'm also bothered by the 100 year old kawaii scientist in a child's body. This game has all kinds of creepy sexual fetishes though if you also take into account the giant fairies.

I'm pretty sure you're projecting or something. Aside from being glam as hell :sparkles: I don't see how the giant fairies are creepy? The ones in OoT are still way worse.

EDIT: Granted, I never got the max upgrade scene.

watchoutitsabear
Sep 8, 2011

Okay I just finished up with Ganon and I'm super curious if anyone knows what happens during the final stage of the fight if you never tamed a horse?

I realize this is ridiculous because who could play through this game without taming a sweet-rear end horse?!

SatansBestBuddy posted:

I'm pretty sure you're projecting or something. Aside from being glam as hell :sparkles: I don't see how the giant fairies are creepy? The ones in OoT are still way worse.

The giant fairies are rapey as hell and they make me super uncomfortable.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
So if older-zora-but-kid-body talking with random unknown age dude is bothering people, what does that make Mipha who looks 15-16 (so is presumably much older) and wants to go out with 17yo Link*?

*presuming 17 since that's how old Zelda is

Ventana fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Apr 1, 2017

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

What if we stop trying to fetishize a nintendo game or projecting fetishes we think others have on them

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Roundabout Route posted:

There's just one "quest" for those guys. Here's three hints for how to start it, in increasing levels of spoilery-ness:

Spoiler Hint #1: The quest starts when you climb a certain mountain.

Spoiler Hint #2: The mountain is in Necluda.

Spoiler Hint #3: Look for the tall, spiky mountain due east of Kakariko Village. It's called Mount Lanayru.

Thank you! #2 pointed me in the right direction and that was a ton of fun.
e: so, I guess I'm a dragon hunter now

GobiasIndustries fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Apr 1, 2017

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

C-SPAN Caller posted:

What if we stop trying to fetishize a nintendo game or projecting fetishes we think others have on them

That monk is 10070, and Link is only 117. You sicken me, Nintendo.

Seriously though, my favorite fairy moment is the one who comes up to greet you, hacks out a lung, and then says "Sleeping underwater wasn't the best idea."

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Runcible Cat posted:

Argh don't talk to me about loving smotherwing butterflies.

Why don't you guys just buy them from Beedle? He sells them in batches of three at I believe East Akkala and Wetland stables. Every game day it refreshes.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Do monks still seal themselves underground to this day or was that practice left in the past like a long time ago?

WanderingKid
Feb 27, 2005

lives here...

Drewjitsu posted:

Star Fragments: One drops every full moon (which is every 7 or 8 days, I forget). Best way to get them is to travel up to Shee Vaner Shrine (the south one) in the duelling peaks region. Then just start looking around. You should see a star fragment streak across the sky. Highlight it with the scope, and then fast travel to the closest spot and go get it before it disappears at dawn.

They can drop on any night after 9:00pm. The easiest way I found to get them is to go to where a dragon spawns (i.e. Farosh in Lake Hylia) and kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Camp until 9:00pm and then wait. Centre your camera on the horizon, facing inland if possible (don't want it rolling off a sheer cliff face into the sea). They will only drop within camera view. I think there is a minimum distance so I don't think you can cheese it by tilting your camera down so you only see a short distance in front of you. You can go get your dragon parts when it reaches midnight, then go pick up the star fragment.

Edit: Just got another one at 1:05am at Lyanru East Gate waiting for Naydra. I dunno what the moon phases are, but its not full (half moon?).

Edit 2: Got another one at 1:30am at Lake Hylia waiting for Farosh. It was just after a bloodmoon.

Edit 3: Landed in a lovely place and despawned (couldn't reach it before 5:00am). Got another one at 11:55pm the following night though. Lake Hylia.

WanderingKid fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Apr 1, 2017

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

The Lobster posted:

Why don't you guys just buy them from Beedle? He sells them in batches of three at I believe East Akkala and Wetland stables. Every game day it refreshes.

Neat, thanks. I'm so used to him selling useless stuff I must've not checked there.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Runcible Cat posted:

Neat, thanks. I'm so used to him selling useless stuff I must've not checked there.

No problem. Everyone should have the opportunity to make Link look like an old-timey diver.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

watchoutitsabear posted:

The giant fairies are rapey as hell and they make me super uncomfortable.

She asked and you consented. It's fine.

Looked it up on YouTube, that final fairy scene is, indeed, funny and :stare:

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

I always get a chuckle out of the Great Fairy upgrade animations, my favorite is the one for the 3rd level upgrade. Seeing Link panic is both adorable and hilarious, he's such a lovable dork in this game.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

El Burbo posted:

Zora swimming (original n64 version) is on my list of how breath of the wild could be more perfect

I was legit disappointed when I got the entire Zora armor set and wasn't able to swim like a Zora in MM.

wafflemoose posted:

I always get a chuckle out of the Great Fairy upgrade animations, my favorite is the one for the 3rd level upgrade. Seeing Link panic is both adorable and hilarious, he's such a lovable dork in this game.

The progression makes sense. First they blow some air on you. Then they blow a kiss. Then they actually kiss you and then they penetrate you. This all makes sense to me.

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

...and we liked it that way.
Is there a pattern or system that determines what weapons will be used by the enemies in the collesium (or any area)?

I cleared it out once and every enemy had a 32 or higher royal weapon; but I just went through the collesium again and this time they all had lower damage elemental weapons (with royal shields).

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Copper Vein posted:

Is there a pattern or system that determines what weapons will be used by the enemies in the collesium (or any area)?

I cleared it out once and every enemy had a 32 or higher royal weapon; but I just went through the collesium again and this time they all had lower damage elemental weapons (with royal shields).

How many divine beats did you have when they had elemental weapons?

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Copper Vein posted:

I think that, like pretty much everything else, it's tied to how many Divine Beasts you've completed. I only went there after getting all four and everything was elemental weapons.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

SatansBestBuddy posted:

She asked and you consented. It's fine.

Looked it up on YouTube, that final fairy scene is, indeed, funny and :stare:

You want the clothes or not kid.

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

...and we liked it that way.

Ice Fist posted:

How many divine beats did you have when they had elemental weapons?

SatansBestBuddy posted:

I think that, like pretty much everything else, it's tied to how many Divine Beasts you've completed. I only went there after getting all four and everything was elemental weapons.

I'm pretty certain that both times that I cleared it, I had all the Divine beasts.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
My little brother asked me "isn't that rape" when he saw the final fairy upgrade and it felt really loving weird that this came up in a Nintendo game.

The great fairies are bad. Horse fairy is the best.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Epona FINALLY spawned for me. Only took waiting like 24 hours with the game closed and then scanning the Link amiibo last out of all my other amiibos :argh:

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Icedude posted:

Epona FINALLY spawned for me. Only took waiting like 24 hours with the game closed and then scanning the Link amiibo last out of all my other amiibos :argh:

I thought Epona was supposed to unlock on the first use and never after, meaning if you used it on the plateau she'd be stuck there forever. There's some weird black magic going on with the amiibos, because sometimes I'll get nothing but junk for days, and then 3-4 times back to back get the same rare item.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Internet Kraken posted:

My little brother asked me "isn't that rape" when he saw the final fairy upgrade and it felt really loving weird that this came up in a Nintendo game.

The great fairies are bad. Horse fairy is the best.

I was super stoned when I met horse lady and it was the greatest thing ever. Majora's Mask flashbacks. Thanks for reading

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Copper Vein posted:

What is up with the enemy spawning in the new patch?

I've had two Yigas spawn n me several times tonight. Once I had two Yigas spawn as three skeletons jumped out of the ground as soon as I swam to shore. Never seen spawning like that before in 100+ hours.

I had that happen once before the patch, so I dunno. Have you had any issues with spontaneous Blood Moons? I once had a Blood Moon suddenly trigger at 7 in the morning, among all the other seemingly random times that it fired for me ever since I hit up the Mijah Rokee Shrine. I assume that's just the way it works after you do that? Still seems broken though.

Also, on the topic of annoying power-ups, there simply aren't enough Hinoxes in the world to get me the Hinox guts I need :colbert:

Thank goodness they aren't actually as obnoxious to take on like Lynels are (with one notable exception)

EDIT: I see the Glitch Moon thing was talked about. Consider my question answered.

ComradeCosmobot fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Apr 1, 2017

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

pentyne posted:

I thought Epona was supposed to unlock on the first use and never after, meaning if you used it on the plateau she'd be stuck there forever. There's some weird black magic going on with the amiibos, because sometimes I'll get nothing but junk for days, and then 3-4 times back to back get the same rare item.

It's random but does seem to be weighted to usually happen on the first scan. You can get her again if she despawns without being registered. So if you spawned her on the plateau, you just have to wait until a blood moon resets the world.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Has Nintendo commented on making amiibo items available as DLC? Not only are some of the amiibos disgustingly expensive, but I really don't need kitchy plastic bullshit in my house.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

fennesz posted:

Has Nintendo commented on making amiibo items available as DLC? Not only are some of the amiibos disgustingly expensive, but I really don't need kitchy plastic bullshit in my house.

But you already own a Switch?

acksplode
May 17, 2004

BotW has given me Video Games Depression. I thought I had a backlog of awesome games to get back to after beating Ganon, but now it all looks like mush. I'm trying to play Nier: Automata and it's not holding my attention. Other games feel so constrained and contrived now, like playing something from an older console generation.

fennesz posted:

Buy a cheap NFC tag on Amazon and spoof that poo poo.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

acksplode posted:

BotW has given me Video Games Depression. I thought I had a backlog of awesome games to get back to after beating Ganon, but now it all looks like mush. I'm trying to play Nier: Automata and it's not holding my attention. Other games feel so constrained and contrived now, like playing something from an older console generation.

Gotta play something totally different. No third person. No open world.

Its killing Horizon for me.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

socialsecurity posted:

:golfclap:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

lol I'm dumb

Motto fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Apr 1, 2017

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Motto posted:

Holy poo poo. (Secret mechanic spoiler) you can drive guardians

Explain

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

april 1st

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

e: oh yeah april fools lmao me

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Here check it out

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Watched the first ten seconds of the video and it's obviously fake as poo poo. Icon and text are superimposed and text isn't even the right font.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

acksplode posted:

Yeah I was hoping Nintendo had said "hey we'll sell that poo poo for a few bucks soon as DLC, nbd" but this was my solution. Not going to pay $15.99 for a piece of plastic and some virtual horse armor. And I see some for sale for over $100.00. Ugh.

socialsecurity posted:

My SO already owned a Wii U heh :smugdog:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

GobiasIndustries posted:

Maybe just like, regions to check out to get things started, unless that is too spoilery? I don't want to get told what to do but places to look to start those quests would be nice, I feel like I'm running around aimlessly right now.

When it comes to the dragons, you've found everything you need to start interacting with them. While there are quests involved, there are non-quest things you can do as well. I can give you one hint: use your bow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

ComradeCosmobot posted:

I had that happen once before the patch, so I dunno. Have you had any issues with spontaneous Blood Moons? I once had a Blood Moon suddenly trigger at 7 in the morning, among all the other seemingly random times that it fired for me ever since I hit up the Mijah Rokee Shrine. I assume that's just the way it works after you do that? Still seems broken though.

Also, on the topic of annoying power-ups, there simply aren't enough Hinoxes in the world to get me the Hinox guts I need :colbert:

Thank goodness they aren't actually as obnoxious to take on like Lynels are (with one notable exception)

EDIT: I see the Glitch Moon thing was talked about. Consider my question answered.

You only need like 6 hynix guts i think. I have locations of 10 hyni marked on my map atm :v:

Now lyneli, on the other hand... they are a loving pain (though once I realized they go silver too like all the other monsters I stopped going after the silver ones unless I wanted their weapon...)