Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Wait, which Wedge actor? Wedge or Wedge Wedge?

Also who cares we need Poooorkins to show up as a clone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?
It's way more likely they recast wedge and biggs and porkins for one of their spinoff movies than they bring more old fart actors back for episodes eight or nine. A series of red squadron pre-yavin antics movies would be way cooler anyways.

e: hell bring back general moustache from rogue one too for that

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Chill la Chill posted:

Wait, which Wedge actor? Wedge or Wedge Wedge?

http://www.theverge.com/2014/5/12/5711780/star-wars-episode-7-wont-feature-wedge-antilles-actor

quote:

One of Star Wars' best pilots won't be returning in Episode VII. Denis Lawson, who played Rebel ace Wedge Antilles in the original trilogy, has confirmed that he turned down the chance to return in the upcoming Star Wars sequel. Speaking at a screening of his new movie, The Machine, Lawson said "they asked me but it just would have bored me."

Wedge — not to be confused with the Captain Antilles strangled by Darth Vader minutes into Episode IV — appeared as a hotshot pilot in all three original movies. While his part was minor, Wedge notably helped save Luke Skywalker during his attack on the first Death Star, survived the battle of Hoth, and contributed to the destruction of the second by flying into its core alongside Lando Calrissian. According to Badass Digest, Lawson suggested he might have returned if the role was increased in scope, but ultimately rejected the offer.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Throw more money at him and I'm sure his wallet would outweigh his utter boredom of being Wedge fuckin Antilles for at least one more day.

I mean even his nephew Ewan McGregor went in for like an hour just for a half second voice line in TFA.

Chill la Chill posted:

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

Devlan Mud posted:

It's way more likely they recast wedge and biggs and porkins for one of their spinoff movies than they bring more old fart actors back for episodes eight or nine. A series of red squadron pre-yavin antics movies would be way cooler anyways.

e: hell bring back general moustache from rogue one too for that

Bring back Antoc Merrick for the sequel trilogy? That might be tough, since he's kinda dead.

But I really really REALLY want Antoc and the rest of Blue Squadron put in some of Heroes of Scarif miniatures pack. Just repaint the T-65's, Fantasy Flight! Easy money!

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

AndyElusive posted:

I've been watching this video about how to use Vassal by this dude from Slingpaint and he pronounces it "Say Bean" and I can't tell if he's doing it on purpose or not.

Not as bad as the guy commenting the World's stream saying "Call-uh-nell Vessery'

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

IronSaber posted:

But I really really REALLY want Antoc and the rest of Blue Squadron put in some of Heroes of Scarif miniatures pack. Just repaint the T-65's, Fantasy Flight! Easy money!

That we still haven't heard about a "Heroes of Scarif" / "Scarif Garrison" or similar expack yet now that Rogue One is days away from home release is kind of strange but I've honestly never really understood how FFG decides what to make into an expansion and when to release them.

canyoneer posted:

Not as bad as the guy commenting the World's stream saying "Call-uh-nell Vessery'

Oh man, I had forgotten about that. :eng99:

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
They could be waiting for later this weekend/Monday, since Rogue One releases in stores on Tuesday. I know Sunday is the day that Target gets ready for new stuff to put up, so maybe then? At this point though, I really kind of doubt it. I get the distinct feeling that FFG has moved on from the T-65, no matter how much I want that to not be true.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

AndyElusive posted:

That we still haven't heard about a "Heroes of Scarif" / "Scarif Garrison" or similar expack yet now that Rogue One is days away from home release is kind of strange but I've honestly never really understood how FFG decides what to make into an expansion and when to release them.

Oh man, I had forgotten about that. :eng99:

Game development takes a long time, and FFG likely didn't have much more insight into the events of Rogue One than we did, aside from the few tidbits they got for the U-Wing and Striker. Heroes of the Resistance is the obvious example to follow, and I could easily see a Rogue One expansion getting announced this summer if it fits into FFG's planned release schedule.

Edit: For reference, Heroes of the Resistance was announced May 4th last year for a late October release.

Acebuckeye13 fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Apr 1, 2017

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
U-Wing and T-65 would be sweet, but I don't think they've ever done the same ship so close together and doubt they'd start now.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Strobe posted:

U-Wing and T-65 would be sweet, but I don't think they've ever done the same ship so close together and doubt they'd start now.

Yeah HOTR was what, 18 months after the TFA starter?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Strobe posted:

My guess would be a Blue Squadron T-65 and a Y-Wing with a crew slot so they can stick in K2-SO, though that's mostly wishful thinking.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

And then the Imperials of Scarif set would have the Delta-class T-3c shuttle, a special TIE Striker, and a Director Krennic crew card.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

They could break their longstanding rule and just put new pilots for the U-wing in a theoretical R1 box. And some Y-wings with an EPT. Maybe PS4 at 21 points? I don't know points values other than PS being generally worth a point each.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

My guess would be a Blue Squadron T-65 and a Y-Wing with a crew slot so they can stick in K2-SO, though that's mostly wishful thinking.

I too want tactician stresshogs

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

Admiral Joeslop posted:

By failure of a K-turn, do you mean it's because he couldn't shoot? K-turning onto an obstacle still turns you around, bumping a ship doesn't.

Well hot drat, you learn something new every day. Yeah he would still have been hosed though.

At least it's not as bad as "The red number on your card is the dice you roll to shoot AND THE RANGE YOU CAN SHOOT AT," which is something one of my friends apparently thought when we first started playing together. You think TIEs suck now, imagine TIEs that can't shoot out to range 3, not to mention some sort of taped-together Rube Goldberg range ruler for those ships like the Phantom who fired out to RANGE 4. Yes, if you have 4 red dice you get to shoot all 4 of them halfway across the board! :wtc:

quote:

Sorry, your drunken night of fun X-wing is considered null and void, you'll have to start over.

Challenge accepted, t-minus 2 hours from this post. It's gonna be a TIE Striker night tonight for me.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Admiral Joeslop posted:

They could break their longstanding rule and just put new pilots for the U-wing in a theoretical R1 box. And some Y-wings with an EPT. Maybe PS4 at 21 points? I don't know points values other than PS being generally worth a point each.

Um, excuse me, Most Wanted had pilot cards for two ships that weren't in the box. :colbert:

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Some Numbers posted:

Um, excuse me, Most Wanted had pilot cards for two ships that weren't in the box. :colbert:

I'll just pretend you didn't say anything. I'm thinking of them not wanting to reprint FAQ'd cards, though they've finally done that with the C-ROC and Sycks.

I don't think they've done it before, at least.

JonathonSpectre posted:

At least it's not as bad as "The red number on your card is the dice you roll to shoot AND THE RANGE YOU CAN SHOOT AT," which is something one of my friends apparently thought when we first started playing together. You think TIEs suck now, imagine TIEs that can't shoot out to range 3, not to mention some sort of taped-together Rube Goldberg range ruler for those ships like the Phantom who fired out to RANGE 4. Yes, if you have 4 red dice you get to shoot all 4 of them halfway across the board! :wtc:

My first few games with a buddy, I would add an extra die for Munitions at Range 1 like APT.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I'll just pretend you didn't say anything. I'm thinking of them not wanting to reprint FAQ'd cards, though they've finally done that with the C-ROC and Sycks.

I don't think they've done it before, at least.

They print errata'd cards all the time in reprintings , like Lone Wolf and Tactician

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

canyoneer posted:

They print errata'd cards all the time in reprintings , like Lone Wolf and Tactician

Oh, word? I never actually noticed.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Ya the Heavy Sycks upgrades included with the Chris-ROC are also going to have the +1 to Hull errata text added too.

dogsarentdangerous
Aug 11, 2008
I lost a bet (£5) when FFG didn't release a T-65 expansion to go along with Rouge One but I still hold out hope for Rebel Veterans to match Imperial Veterans (Like Rebel Aces and Imperial Aces). Will contain a T-65 X-Wing and fix and E-Wing and fix.

I mean goddammit FFG no one is going to complain if you make X-Wings OP. Everyone loves X-Wings.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

So after Starvipers, T-65s and E-wings, what else is on the poo poo list? I don't see Interceptors anymore, B-wings, TIE Punishers?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Im assuming if they ever do another X-wing set it'll be when they're finally introduced on the Rebels tv show. Supposedly theres gonna be an episode showing the battle of scariff from the shows characters POV so I can see them waiting for that to announce it. Maybe alongside some other Ghost stuff like the phanton 2.0

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

StashAugustine posted:

I too want tactician stresshogs

My guess is that they'd go the route of making the hypothetical crew upgrade a BTL-S3 title, negating that potential combo.

My personal wishlist is that they make Keyan Farlander a Y-Wing Pilot, since his ability stacked with R3-A2 would be extremely nasty.

dogsarentdangerous posted:

I lost a bet (£5) when FFG didn't release a T-65 expansion to go along with Rouge One but I still hold out hope for Rebel Veterans to match Imperial Veterans (Like Rebel Aces and Imperial Aces). Will contain a T-65 X-Wing and fix and E-Wing and fix.

I mean goddammit FFG no one is going to complain if you make X-Wings OP. Everyone loves X-Wings.

I'm pretty sure Heroes of the Resistance was meant to be the counterpart to Imperial Veterans.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Admiral Joeslop posted:

So after Starvipers, T-65s and E-wings, what else is on the poo poo list? I don't see Interceptors anymore, B-wings, TIE Punishers?

Kihraopqraxz? They could just release one of the 6 or whatever other varients of its design if FFG wants to buff it. I don't imagine Scum players need it or are really clamoring for it to be improved though.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

AndyElusive posted:

Kihraopqraxz? They could just release one of the 6 or whatever other varients of its design if FFG wants to buff it. I don't imagine Scum players need it or are really clamoring for it to be improved though.

:shrug: I actually like the design of the ship, it's just underwhelming in dial, points and pilots. Graz the Hunter is one of the worst pilots in the game though sheer mediocrity. I've seen them mentioned as the Scum X-wings but they're definitely not even in that range.

Also, give us Scum X-wings FFG.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Admiral Joeslop posted:

:shrug: I actually like the design of the ship, it's just underwhelming in dial, points and pilots. Graz the Hunter is one of the worst pilots in the game though sheer mediocrity. I've seen them mentioned as the Scum X-wings but they're definitely not even in that range.

Also, give us Scum X-wings FFG.

The Partisan X-Wing had a paint job that was too cool not to be used at some point.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

IronSaber posted:

Bring back Antoc Merrick for the sequel trilogy? That might be tough, since he's kinda dead.

Nah I want new spinoff prequel buddy comedy movies starring Wedge and Biggs and Porkins in which Merrick sits behind a desk, shakes his fist and yells "RED SQUADRON" as his moustache flies off when our protagonists bullseye his space coupe in beggars canyon or some poo poo.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

Dammit, it's the Kihraxz Fighter. And yes, it could use a bit of a buff.

I assume it's pronounced "kih-raj."

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

IronSaber posted:

Dammit, it's the Kihraxz Fighter. And yes, it could use a bit of a buff.

I assume it's pronounced "kih-raj."

The shield generator thingy in the croc at least gives it a 1-Straight maneuver!

Cartel Marauders are really good for their points but the points scale up way too fast as you climb the pilot skill scale. If I want to throw five dice at range one I'd rather take Zuckuss (assuming I'm already using Fenn Rau).

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Kilrathi Fighter?

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

Devlan Mud posted:

The shield generator thingy in the croc at least gives it a 1-Straight maneuver!

Cartel Marauders are really good for their points but the points scale up way too fast as you climb the pilot skill scale. If I want to throw five dice at range one I'd rather take Zuckuss (assuming I'm already using Fenn Rau).

I'm still not sold on the Pulsed Ray Shield. I need to see it in action before I judge otherwise.

Beaucoup Haram
Jun 18, 2005

I've just started to get into this game with a mate. We're playing with no upgrades until we've got the hang of the basic rules / piloting.

My list yesterday was 3 x B-Wings and Poe Dameron. It's a pretty basic jousting list and I normally scoot Poe around and behind his stuff to pick off aces.

Played two games, first time he had 2 x IG-2000's and 2x Z95's and 2nd time he had 4 x TIE's and 3 named ties - Howlrunner, Dark Curse and someone else.

Both times I beat him without losing a ship, any ideas for a list that could beat mine ? It's still fun playing but we're saying that the winner keeps his list til getting beaten so I'd like to help him out with some suggestions.

I suggested maybe some 2x Defenders and 2x Interceptors to take advantage of my terrible mobility.

Beaucoup Haram fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Apr 2, 2017

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

StealthBus posted:

I've just started to get into this game with a mate. We're playing with no upgrades until we've got the hang of the basic rules / piloting.

My list yesterday was 3 x B-Wings and Poe Dameron. It's a pretty basic jousting list and I normally scoot Poe around and behind his stuff to pick off aces.

Played two games, first time he had 2 x IG-2000's and 2x Z95's and 2nd time he had 4 x TIE's and 3 named ties - Howlrunner, Dark Curse and someone else.

Both times I beat him without losing a ship, any ideas for a list that could beat mine ? It's still fun playing but we're saying that the winner keeps his list til getting beaten so I'd like to help him out with some suggestions.

I suggested maybe some 2x Defenders and 2x Interceptors to take advantage of my terrible mobility.

2 fully built brobots can erase Poe in a turn.
Use Ig-88 B and C, each with Heavy Laser Cannon, Title, Fire Control Systems, Crack Shot, Autothrusters, and Glitterstim.

You probably don't have all those cards, so just print out a list online. Have him run that.

Beaucoup Haram
Jun 18, 2005

canyoneer posted:

2 fully built brobots can erase Poe in a turn.
Use Ig-88 B and C, each with Heavy Laser Cannon, Title, Fire Control Systems, Crack Shot, Autothrusters, and Glitterstim.

You probably don't have all those cards, so just print out a list online. Have him run that.

Mate.

We're playing with no upgrades.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
If you're at a level where you can play B-wings and T-70s against a TIE Swarm, you're at a point where you can use upgrades.

Beaucoup Haram
Jun 18, 2005

Strobe posted:

If you're at a level where you can play B-wings and T-70s against a TIE Swarm, you're at a point where you can use upgrades.

I get that and I feel pretty comfortable with it but he has played less games and is not great yet at knowing where moves will take him, and we'd like to have a few more games so he can get the hang of movements and formations before I start looking up killer strategies with ship upgrades.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Then you should probably be flying Y-wings or something, not ships that are actually good without upgrades. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beaucoup Haram
Jun 18, 2005

Strobe posted:

Then you should probably be flying Y-wings or something, not ships that are actually good without upgrades. :shrug:

So just by accident (picking the ships I had and liked the look of) I've ended up with a squad that's the best there is playing without upgrades ?

That's pretty hilarious, and if that's the case then yes I'll just change my list instead. Was just hoping there was something we hadn't thought of to counter it.

• Locked thread