Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Captain Invictus posted:

It got really really bad in I am a hero, too.

I like how it made everything look kinda hosed up and uncanny valley though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Petiso posted:

At this point, anything that isn't a human being is either a 3D model or a photograph, they aren't even traced, it looks specially ridiculous sometimes:

Hah, reminds me of the photo stories you used to get in girls magazines here.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
Kumika no Mikaku

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Kumo Desu Ga Nani Ka

In which a schoolgirl is killed when a magic battle between two gods in another dimension explodes into our world, annihilating her entire classroom. She is then reincarnated as a spider in a fantasy world, and has to figure out how to survive. A really good take on the "trapped in a fantasy world" genre but the pacing is a bit slow. Doesn't make it any less good, just makes me want more of it is all. It's very cute and also extremely brutal at times.

Syritta
Jun 28, 2012
if it follows the novel it's going to get pretty bizarre, too

(also the numbers will go away)

(thank goodness)

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

Kumo Desu Ga Nani Ka

In which a schoolgirl is killed when a magic battle between two gods in another dimension explodes into our world, annihilating her entire classroom. She is then reincarnated as a spider in a fantasy world, and has to figure out how to survive. A really good take on the "trapped in a fantasy world" genre but the pacing is a bit slow. Doesn't make it any less good, just makes me want more of it is all. It's very cute and also extremely brutal at times.

this is a cute series but the pace is glacial, so much so that it's barely gone anywhere since the last two times it was linked in this thread

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Ah yes, complaining about reposts, always good content

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

the problem isn't the reposts, it's that it's soooo slooooooow

KoB
May 1, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

I kind of zone out when it gets to :words:y "battles" but it's generally been pretty solid, as of late. Baam actually met up with most of his old crew (including Yuri, from all the way in Chapter 1) and that's led to some decent developments.

Feel like I dropped it like 5 years ago or more and they only just recently teamed back up? holy poo poo

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Cease to Hope posted:

the problem isn't the reposts, it's that it's soooo slooooooow

Yeah, from a quick check of the WN (I haven't read it, just searched for a certain skill Kumo got recently) the manga has taken about a year to cover approximately 65 chapters, 16% out of a current 402 (300 translated) chapters, and without doing anything with the side story chapters.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

Complaining about legitimate complaints is also great content

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

C.M. Kruger posted:

Yeah, from a quick check of the WN (I haven't read it, just searched for a certain skill Kumo got recently) the manga has taken about a year to cover approximately 65 chapters, 16% out of a current 402 (300 translated) chapters, and without doing anything with the side story chapters.

Last I checked the web novel was fully translated for what's been released so far, with a different group picking up where the original (terrible) translation left off. I'd describe the current translation as decent at best, but it's still a huge improvement.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

KoB posted:

Feel like I dropped it like 5 years ago or more and they only just recently teamed back up? holy poo poo
The Yuri thing is relatively recent (like maybe last 6 months to year ago?), but he's been with his original crew give or take a few members for a long time now.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Eopia posted:

Last I checked the web novel was fully translated for what's been released so far, with a different group picking up where the original (terrible) translation left off. I'd describe the current translation as decent at best, but it's still a huge improvement.

The blastron translation is actually better than turbos

Astro Ambulance
Dec 25, 2008

Namtab posted:

Blastron is the very good translation, Raising the Dead is the up-to-date one (still better than turbo)

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Namtab posted:

I hadn't heard of that translation before but if it turns the translations Turbo did from a barely readable mess into something actually good I'll have to check it out.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
turbo was machine translations with minimal editing.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Jin

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Is that the one about the doctor who goes back in time?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Yeah, it's great. I don't recognize that scene though. I checked and yeah there was a new one I hadn't read, but I didn't see that one in it either. I just can't remember someone puke/sneezing on the doctor.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

it's from when he has to deal with cholera also that's a bad page to convince people to read it but it's been posted here like 4 times already so

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
The Grand Blue guy really knows how to put together a page.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Squidster posted:

The Grand Blue guy really knows how to put together a page.

The Isaac Newton page in the last chapter was a thing of real beauty

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

That Works posted:

The Isaac Newton page in the last chapter was a thing of real beauty

Yeah, it was really good. Tbh i'm tempted to go post a couple pages in this thread every time a new Grand Blue chapter comes out, but that would get annoying real quick, so i desperately fight the urge

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

HenryEx posted:

Yeah, it was really good. Tbh i'm tempted to go post a couple pages in this thread every time a new Grand Blue chapter comes out, but that would get annoying real quick, so i desperately fight the urge

Haha I do the same

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

grand blue is the best thing i have read ever

3 and 31 and one of the side chapters in the 20s section are my favourites

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Grand Blue is actually pretty good. It's nice to see a more realistic take on school manga where the only things the characters care about are drinking and getting laid.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Hyouge Mono

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Goblin is very strong

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
One punch goblin is cool and good

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I suspect that will make its way to the fantasy​ manga thread if it keeps being as amusing as the first chapter. Definitely looks promising enough to follow.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Odette is a manga about a woman and her cool boyfriend

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Linebarrel of Iron

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
even robots can bleed

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
Area 51

A human detective takes on cases in the supernatural infested 51st State of America

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

Totsukuni no Shoujo

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
Angsty Teen Zootopia Beastars

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

....Wolf Guy?

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Man, people are tripping over themselves to yell ZOOTOPIA RIP-OFF, as if predator X weak prey wasn't the most cliché'd animal kingdom romance a thousand years ago already. I was extremely pessimistic going in (because furries), but it's decent so far, and has a well-written douchebag character which is a hard thing to nail.
If the giant spotlights in the background of the pictures above didn't tick you off, a lot of it is about theater, so if that bores you to tears, maybe don't bother :v: I am a tentative fan of the Misadventures of Wimpy Wolf.

More goodness:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

dordreff posted:

Angsty Teen Zootopia Beastars

I'll bite.

• Locked thread