Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
I do! I'm gonna get one, but I decided to hit up the local place first, and while they've got a ton of reasonably-priced Petitgguys and overly-marked-up (even considering the exchange+shipping) (still grabbed a Beargguy P) everything else, they didn't have Nyanboard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Topcoating still ended up being a dubious effort on my part, but I do like the finished product. Straight garbage at doing panel lines, especially near the ankles and legs, but for my first complete MG that I was using as a trial run for more advanced techniques, I think it turned out okay?

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Looks nice and clean to me. AGE-1 looks pretty great imo

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I came here to laugh at you.

Zodack posted:

Topcoating still ended up being a dubious effort on my part, but I do like the finished product. Straight garbage at doing panel lines, especially near the ankles and legs, but for my first complete MG that I was using as a trial run for more advanced techniques, I think it turned out okay?

Looks like it's straight out of the anime to me. Nice job.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Yeah I used a matte topcoat on the spallow and holy poo poo do those blues pop.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Zodack posted:

Are those action bases built out of Lego?

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Arcsquad12 posted:

Are those action bases built out of Lego?

They're designed to be modular, link up, and give you lots of ways to arrange the actual stand arm.

Oh, wait, the ones in back. Those look like two different lego imperial shuttles?

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
That's really funny but yeah I can see how those look like action bases. They're two shuttles from Star Wars, Tydirium and then the one from Rogue One. I'm a big LEGO collector and builder too.

Zodack fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Apr 2, 2017

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

So my Providence Gundam Premium Edition MG just arrived and the sides of the bottom half of the box have quotes from Rau and the underside has the boxart in grayscale. It's pretty neat.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Mechanicore are back at it again. 1/72 scale Gundam GP02

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Looks like April will be a lean month for plastic crack. Only two regular releases, both HG. The new Zeta looks interesting, though - a prestige piece like the Revive and Origin kits with a notoriously detailed, fiddly design. I'm actually quite curious about how well they'll pull it off.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
So I traded that Zeydra for a Lightning Gundam. Anyone wanna trade for that? Might as well go full Red Paperclip until I get something I really like.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

TaurusOxford posted:

Mechanicore are back at it again. 1/72 scale Gundam GP02

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Like I'm not even half joking when I say the GP02 is one of my favorite mobile suits, and a 1/72 Mechanicore version is basically laser targeted straight at me.

God drat it.

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010
I haven't seen that one in action yet but I'm definitely a fan of that big thick gundam. I'll keep my eye out for that.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I don't have a reasonable reaction to this image that isn't incoherent babbling and just :flashfap: and :circlefap:

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I wonder if they'll solve the problem of the gp02 holding its shield.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I doubt it, since there's no way in hell they aren't gonna basically make the thing one solid chunk of 800 parts minimum.

They'll probably throw in a stand or something for it.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Monaghan posted:

I wonder if they'll solve the problem of the gp02 holding its shield.

The smart, simple solution would be to just have some sort of adjustable base that actually holds the shield, as opposed to trying to get GP02's arm/hand to support that kind of weight.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The details on the head vulcans though.

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004
Ok, got my spray booth today:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B2TESUQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If I'm reading the Engrish manual correctly I need to remove one of the filters when using the exhaust tube? Did you guys that have this same model remove one of the filters? There's a white one and the blue one like you see in the pictures.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
Is the head of the MG Sazabi Ka suppose to have this gap?

The 2-3 assembly gets snapped onto M25, which is rotated forward and pushed in, but no matter how I move it around there's still a noticeable gap. Any ideas?

Xy Hapu
Mar 7, 2004

Seems like either 2-3 isn't pushed onto M25 all the way or the back of the head isn't seated all the way forward, possibly because the cockpit ball halves under it aren't fully pressed together.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Figured it out. There's a tab on the back of F1(12) that wasnt fully clicked into F1(11). It's looking better now

IronCastKnight
Jul 27, 2013

screech on the beach posted:

Ok, got my spray booth today:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B2TESUQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If I'm reading the Engrish manual correctly I need to remove one of the filters when using the exhaust tube? Did you guys that have this same model remove one of the filters? There's a white one and the blue one like you see in the pictures.

You don't need to, you just can to improve the air flow into the tube a little in exchange for blowing a bit more paint out the window. I just left both of them in with the tube on and it still works fine.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Frame Arms Girls features the most realistic modeling scene in anime

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

So on a scale of "Might lose a few parts if you play with it too much" to "Plastic Chernobyl," how fragile is the RG Zeta?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Triggerhappypilot posted:

So on a scale of "Might lose a few parts if you play with it too much" to "Plastic Chernobyl," how fragile is the RG Zeta?

Plastic hand grenade.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

TaurusOxford posted:

Plastic hand grenade.

Excuse me, it's clearly a shrapnel explosive with lego-tier harm to human flesh.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Triggerhappypilot posted:

it will fall apart if you look at it wrong

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
The Zeta is an inherently fragile design with a lot of potential points of failure. Every single one I've built has broken in some way and I only build MGs and larger. I'm terrified of RGs to begin with and the thought of the wing tabs juuuuuust slightly misaligning at RG scale and breaking off forever isn't helping.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

I've done a bunch of Real Grades and the Zeta is by far and away the worst one. Even Freedom's wings are vastly more stable then any part of Zeta. I'd recommend just waiting and hoping for the HG.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I would kill for a mg zeta that didn't transform,was stable as a rock and had great proportions.

Yes, I know this will never happen.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?

Monaghan posted:

I would kill for a mg zeta that didn't transform,was stable as a rock and had great proportions.

Yes, I know this will never happen.

In my experience every MG Zeta becomes one that can't transform if you pick them up and transform them about once every six months.

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010
Where the heck is the Woundwart?? I need my Zone Of Enders cockpit gundam!

Should I continue my watch through of (most of) the Gundam shows with ZZ Gundam, 08th MS Team, or IBO S2? I won't be missing anything by waiting a bit to get into IBO S2 will I?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

That Gobbo posted:

Woundwort:
https://www.facebook.com/pg/Samueldecal/photos/?tab=album&album_id=10155015953546897

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

That Gobbo posted:

Should I continue my watch through of (most of) the Gundam shows with ZZ Gundam, 08th MS Team, or IBO S2? I won't be missing anything by waiting a bit to get into IBO S2 will I?

Do you have to watch all of them? Gundam ZZ is... something. It's pretty bad by most standards. It has Aztec Space Ninjas though. 08th is pretty good, but IBO S2 is the strongest of the bunch. You should just go straight to that.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Airbrushable lacquer gloss topcoat: anything other than Alclad? I might eventually move towards two-part urethane once my buddy helps me build a bigger and more powerful spray booth, but until then I need something in the interim. Future is great for just decaling and enamel washes, but if I'm using Gundam markers to do raised surface panel lining, isopropyl alcohol to clean up eats through the Future and paint in a second.

That Gobbo posted:

ZZ is worth the watch if you care a lot about the Universal Century timeline and want to see what's up with Axis and the Federation.

08th is an absolute must-watch and should go at the top of your priority list.

IBO S2 picks up not long after S1.

Naz al-Ghul
Mar 23, 2014

Honorarily Japanese

That Gobbo posted:

I skipped ZZ and just went straight for CCA but don't do what I do please.

LordNat
May 16, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

Checked this out last night. Sadly agree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

Guy Goodbody posted:

Portly guys with bad posture and stained fingertips swearing loudly as a tiny part goes flying off into the nether, never to return?