Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Please don't kinkshame fellow gentlegoon for being an MtG afficionado.

GGG folks play hella MtG, too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Oops!

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Cross posts like that provide lots of humor value. :3:

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
I was wondering why it seemed like my Blasphemy curse wasn't covering much area, and then I found out the base radius for curses was not increased with the AoE changes, and Blasphemy's aoe bonus was not boosted either. So Blasphemy was super nerfed and might be worthless for anything other than close range curse purposes now, unless you boost its aoe via things specifically meant to boost curse/aura aoe. Star of Wraeclast, anyone? Nevermind, due to the large raw increased aoe you get from high level curse and blasphemy gems(around 150%), decreasing returns are in full effect.

Heck, so were self-cast curses. Curse on hit is the only method of cursing that remained the same.

McFrugal fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Mar 31, 2017

YoungSexualNorton
Aug 8, 2004
These are good for the children's brains.
With scorching ray totems, am I reading the wiki correctly that they all work together to create a single debuff stack, at which point all of them separately do max damage? That seems extremely strong on a hierophant. I guess it's probably pretty bad for clearing packs, but it seems like that would melt bosses.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

YoungSexualNorton posted:

With scorching ray totems, am I reading the wiki correctly that they all work together to create a single debuff stack, at which point all of them separately do max damage? That seems extremely strong on a hierophant. I guess it's probably pretty bad for clearing packs, but it seems like that would melt bosses.

I played triple scorching ray totem Heirophant with EE (through using a 4L orb of storms) last league. It was a great build, got to lvl 92 and easily hit 14k ES and 1k ES regen per second, could farm all of the guardians smoothly. It could not, however, kill Shaper. Everything he does 1-shots the totems, and eventually I would lose the DPS race to vortex balls filling the arena in phase 2 which meant I had nowhere to place totems and nowhere to stand. Maybe it's doable with a lvl 4 empower and lvl 21 scorching ray, but sheesh.

Anyway, the totems clear packs faster than you would expect! I was clearing red maps about as fast as I could place totems > walk > place new totems.

YoungSexualNorton
Aug 8, 2004
These are good for the children's brains.
Yeah I can see shaper being rough after a while because you'd start running out of places to put the totems. Do you remember what your dps was, either tooltip or on path of building?

My experience with shaper is that around 200k dps on PoB makes him possible but not easy, and around 300k he starts to go down fast enough that you're not getting overwhelmed in the later phases. I know real dps varies a decent amount from build to build, but I'm drawing those dps thresholds from a righteous fire/scorching ray self cast background so I'd expect them to be pretty comparable.

I ask because I'm looking at something like this for a life/MoM build and it looks like I can get those numbers with a 5l searing touch. Would end up with pretty solid defenses as well, with a good amount of upgrade room.

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry
Are divination card chests any good? Just got this prophecy:

Never seen that before, so I checked trade (tried a few variations on the text) and...nothing:

What this is worth?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
That's not a divination card chest, unfortunately. It's a prophecy that predates divination chests. You will likely get two copies of Her Mask and maybe The Gambler.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

xiansi posted:

What this is worth?

http://poe.trade/search/itautusimoohan

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

2c seems high for the few cards it gives you. last time i had that prophecy i think i got 2 her masks and a carrion crow or something

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

Ah, ok, it's trash.

Thought I had got the hang of that search - text in the 'Name' box is great for uniques, but a bit flaky on anything else, so I normally pick the type of item and try to narrow it down.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Awesome! posted:

2c seems high for the few cards it gives you. last time i had that prophecy i think i got 2 her masks and a carrion crow or something
I always read 2c on a prophecy is "I want to make the sealing cost back". 1c is "I want this one out of my menu even at a loss"

xiansi posted:

Thought I had got the hang of that search - text in the 'Name' box is great for uniques, but a bit flaky on anything else, so I normally pick the type of item and try to narrow it down.
It's exact matches only. Meaning precise spelling, apostrophes in the proper positions, no missing words. Especially for div cards and prophecies they don't always show up in the unique list.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
Last time I got a div card chest I got the card that gives you 5c, so I'm going to assume that happens every time for everyone.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Dropping back in 3 weeks later after getting to 88 during first week, need a guild reinvite if there's space

BurnItAllNorthPerson

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

There's some good poo poo on the subreddit today.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

cinci zoo sniper posted:

There's some good poo poo on the subreddit today.

If you're gonna make lovely posts about reddit at least give us a link so we don't have to wade through that garbage ourselves

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Bob NewSCART posted:

If you're gonna make lovely posts about reddit at least give us a link so we don't have to wade through that garbage ourselves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfSxFOhE7o0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDUKQGia-RQ

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4u7K-q3xwo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfVq8dD9B9c
https://clips.twitch.tv/SteamySpotlessPastaKevinTurtle

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Lol oh nooo

Hauki
May 11, 2010

can't find any cats while channeling gems today, what's up ggg

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Essence crafting is fun!

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Ok, I think i can run some strands.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

funmanguy posted:

Ok, I think i can run some strands.

Not even a quad tab

Fixit
Mar 27, 2010

TheRat posted:

Essence crafting is fun!

Dang sun. Is that using the essence you drop for a mob to pick up or normal essence crafting?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Fixit posted:

Dang sun. Is that using the essence you drop for a mob to pick up or normal essence crafting?

Normal essence crafting. Shrieking essence of zeal used in this case.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Legacy armour looks awesome btw

J
Jun 10, 2001

If you use vorici to 6 socket an item with low enough itemlevel that it couldn't naturally roll 6 sockets, can you still get a 6link on it with fusings afterwards?

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?

J posted:

If you use vorici to 6 socket an item with low enough itemlevel that it couldn't naturally roll 6 sockets, can you still get a 6link on it with fusings afterwards?

I think so?

I mean, there's only a restriction on the number of sockets. We know of no restriction on links for lower level items except that they typically can't have enough sockets to link in the first place.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

J posted:

yes

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I 6 linked a briskwrap I've yet to vaal it god bless.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/StashAugustine/characters

Other than relinking the chest that I tried to 6l out of stupidity and getting all my gems to 20/20, I don't really see how I can get gear upgrades at this point without dropping a ton of money. I need 6ls, a +1 arrow drillneck, a barrage enchant, and better jewelry (more life, chaos res, chaos damage from essence/eleron), but all of that is going to cost multiple exalts. I don't feel comfortable running above t11-12 maps and uber lab is still iffy, so it feels like I've kind of hit a wall unless I get a shav's drop or something. Any suggestions?

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug

Fixit posted:

Wait, what?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
I think someone's mixing up Essences and Talismans, but even then

Lprsti99 posted:

Wait, what?

Fixit
Mar 27, 2010
I thought there was a red looking essence that you could drop and a monster could pick it up and become turned into a rare. I don't remember the name of the essence but will look it up once I am off work. I only remember it because it is worth a few chaos and was going to sell them.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Fixit posted:

I thought there was a red looking essence that you could drop and a monster could pick it up and become turned into a rare. I don't remember the name of the essence but will look it up once I am off work. I only remember it because it is worth a few chaos and was going to sell them.

You're probably thinking of Remnant of Corruption, which you can use on imprisoned essence monsters to possibly change the essences it has or possibly to suprise release it in a powered up form.

Fixit
Mar 27, 2010

Qwertycoatl posted:

You're probably thinking of Remnant of Corruption, which you can use on imprisoned essence monsters to possibly change the essences it has or possibly to suprise release it in a powered up form.

You are probably right. Thanks :D. What does the powered up form do?

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Fixit posted:

You are probably right. Thanks :D. What does the powered up form do?

Kills you

I don't think it's a notably different form, it'll just have more HP and do more damage

Qwertycoatl fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Apr 1, 2017

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Essence#Corruption

The "empowered monster" effect is probably something like Onslaught + more HP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

The power and majesty of a 6 linked corrupted briskwrap https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkwJu_4R3ss. If you like this video please, like the video, subscribe, and click on the bell thanks. And make sure to like up my reddit thread thanks for all the support. https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/62xcvc/hardcore_viable_100_fire_siege_ballista_minotaur/

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Apr 2, 2017

• Locked thread