Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

same. mine sits on top of my tv and has a little plastic headcrab on his head.

Haha, mine is wearing the plush headcrab-hat. Great minds buy similar poo poo I guess :cheeky:

I also have a Left4Dead boomer that I got on sale :) He's the size of a loving basketball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

That's April cruel, Nintendo.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Remember to pay your taxes, USians.

And properly fill out your withholdings so you're not staring at an obscene number when you file your return

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

gimme names if you wanna die in fantasy xcom

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Finished my deathless (or rather retry-less :ssh: ) run of Ys Origin, now I'm wondering if I really have it in me to finish it with the third character as well, which would be the sixth time I've beaten the game.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

corn in the bible posted:

Is that Mordheim? Lizard Wizard or Sterv, whichever you prefer, but please let me know if it's any good!

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Oh poo poo I wanna be a rat

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Name someone My Buddy Superfly

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

Finished my deathless (or rather retry-less :ssh: ) run of Ys Origin, now I'm wondering if I really have it in me to finish it with the third character as well, which would be the sixth time I've beaten the game.

It's funny that the Clear the Game on Very Easy trophy is as rare as Clear the Game on Nightmare

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Put me down as Strix, and I'm willing to be anything in your team!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

In Training posted:

It's funny that the Clear the Game on Very Easy trophy is as rare as Clear the Game on Nightmare

You have to beat the game with all three characters to unlock Very Easy, I'm not kidding.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

I clicked this link expecting dunkey's review and I was disappointed

That is all, Happy April Fool's Day

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Poops Mcgoots sounds like a rat name anyway, so sign me up!

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
:ironicat:

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I'm down for to die for fantasy politics.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

You have to beat the game with all three characters to unlock Very Easy, I'm not kidding.

DotEmu sucks so loving bad

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

jack boner

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
wait did dotemu actually manage to gently caress up a playstation port of loving ys origin in those kinds of ultra specific ways

how

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Let me die for the rat lords.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Colonel posted:

wait did dotemu actually manage to gently caress up a playstation port of loving ys origin in those kinds of ultra specific ways

how

THere's also rampant graphical glitches and if there's too many projectiles on screen at once the sound starts lagging. Which happens pretty much any time you go into boost mode with Hugo. I can easily get the game to drop about 3 - 5 seconds of audio whenever i want. It's an embarassingly bad port of a decade+ old PC game.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Friendly Joe and Ambiguous Strix square off against some stalwart humans

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In the last 10% of the game there are enemies that just leave graphical bugs as corpse. This is a 5 hours game. It's not hard to test this poo poo.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I got my PlayStation 4 earlier today and I have to say ... the PlayStation store is hands down the worst store interface I have ever seen. Like I am shocked it is basically unusable and you have to do everything via the website.

Juan Fangio deserves representation.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Colonel posted:

how

There's a few glitches but a ton of features being locked behind doing three play throughs seems deliberate for whatever reason.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I still need to finish Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble. I got to the snow mountain and then got distracted by Doom

The level design does get worse and even more incredibly reliant on gimmicks the further you get into the game, but I wouldn't say it gets straight up bad until the castle

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Cowcaster posted:

ok something awful thread, someone bought me nier automata as an april fool's day gift because i'm a huge rear end in a top hat. should i play a bunch of doom 2016 out of nothing but vindictive spite?

Give it to me pretty please

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

If Nier Automata is anything like the first then it has a lot in common with Doom story-wise so maybe you should play it...............

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Is it a PvP-only game or what

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Old World was so cool :(

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

codenameFANGIO posted:

I got my PlayStation 4 earlier today and I have to say ... the PlayStation store is hands down the worst store interface I have ever seen. Like I am shocked it is basically unusable and you have to do everything via the website.

I sure do like having to search one letter at a time, wait for the results to load, choosing the second letter, wait for the results to load, etc.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Lizard Wizard posted:

Is it a PvP-only game or what

the campaign is skirmishes interspersed with actual designed campaign missions

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its a bugged quest

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Lmao

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

the campaign is skirmishes interspersed with actual designed campaign missions

So the single-player campaign forces you to play multiplayer? That's...lame.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

its a warhammer game so they decided to go with warhammer battles, i guess. its just one weird decision among many but whatever my rats are gonna make it anyway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVz82s3TIfA

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Lizard Wizard posted:

So the single-player campaign forces you to play multiplayer? That's...lame.

AI skirmishes. they're hard so thats ok?

but there's also only 8 actual designed missions for each side apparently? that's dumb as hell, gently caress you game developers

ive become annoyed and am gonna go 2 bed

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Guy Goodbody posted:

The Old World was so cool :(

But now we have gold statue men and reality balls clearly this was a good choice to go with for warhammer

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

its a warhammer game so they decided to go with warhammer battles, i guess. its just one weird decision among many but whatever my rats are gonna make it anyway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVz82s3TIfA

There's no way to just...play it singleplayer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

I started playing Nier: Automata on PC and the game runs smooth as hell until I hit a cutscene, where it proceeds to drop to like 20 FPS. How does that even happen?

Game is fun though. If the first level is any indication of how the rest of the game goes, poo poo looks like it'll get crazy.

• Locked thread