Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Agrajag posted:

ok lets put it another way.

how is the mutant compared to the t34? i loving hate playing the t34 and it is terribly unfun, is the mutant fun?

The Mutant seems to enrage people, which I do place a high value on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

The Mutant seems to enrage people, which I do place a high value on.

This would have a much higher value if allchat was still in the game. Wargaming are just throwing money away.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Agrajag posted:

how is the mutant compared to the t34? i loving hate playing the t34 and it is terribly unfun, is the mutant fun?

The correct answer is the Patriot

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Barry posted:

:agreed:

The Clownshoe was overpowered when it was introduced because it was only seeing launch tanks on launch maps, during a time when practically no one even carried 1-2 rounds of gold ammo. Power creep will have hosed this thing over royally, and you will *always* be arty's #1 target because no shell is ever going to sail over you.

Sure, it gets -10 degrees depression, but it won't *feel* like it does because you're like ~25 loving feet off the ground.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Apr 2, 2017

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Barry posted:

i havent seen the patriot pop up since they initially had it on sale

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
i feel like that maus and t95 race should be some kind of gif if it can be done high quality that was probably the best thing iv ever seen in this game i cri everytime

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Agrajag posted:

What don't you like about the T34? If it's the DPM, the M6's is as bad. If it's the mobility, the M6's is worse. Both have good frontal turret armor, and the M6's frontal hull is better. The T34's gun is better, but the M6 gets pref MM. The M6 will bully lower tiers, and would probably work fine in Skirmishes (where it would never see tier 9 and probably never see arty.)

Agrajag posted:

Yeah, the E5 isn't regularly available (although I still expect it to be sold more often than the M6) and also doesn't have pref MM.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Agrajag posted:

It's been on sale at least once, maybe twice?

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I recently breached 1800 WN8, and I'm getting the impression that's a new color on whatever popular XVM scale I'm not using, because I'm now actually noticing getting focused on by arty in matches where I'm somehow the least-lovely player.

poo poo's weird.

Told you fucks XVM sniping was real. The difference 1 wn8 point means is depressing.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

If you aren't popping purples in arty you're part of the reason your team is losing.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Atomizer posted:

The M6 will bully lower tiers, and would probably work fine in Skirmishes (where it would never see tier 9 and probably never see arty.)

It would except everyone just brings Defenders and Patriots now, and the Clownshoe doesn't bounce their shots and struggles to pen them. Go go pay2win!

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

So on my 46th try in the M12, I got SPG-15. :toot: I had probably an equal number of tries in the M44. The reason i hate arty and would love to see it removed is I didn't do a drat thing different on that try than the others. It was just lucky dice rolls. Fully aimed shot at a stationary heavy? Miss. Half aimed shot at a moving Cromwell? Right down the pipe. Bounce 4 HEAT rounds in a row? Done that, too. It's stupid. It felt like farming rare mounts in WoW to me because it was just similarly RNG dependent.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Hellsau posted:

It would except everyone just brings Defenders and Patriots now, and the Clownshoe doesn't bounce their shots and struggles to pen them. Go go pay2win!

guess ill wait for either the patriot or the obj 252u then

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

On my t-54 prototype, I probably want camo after repairs on my other 3 crew members, right?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

ROFLburger posted:

On my t-54 prototype, I probably want camo after repairs on my other 3 crew members, right?

Yes, because the Russian medium lines get substantial benefits from both camo and repair skills.

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

Hellsau posted:

Yes, because the Russian medium lines get substantial benefits from both camo and repair skills.

They also don't need the other skills like snapshot or clutch braking nearly as much.

I hope they do more Tog days. I ran out of ammo in 7 games today farming idiots with idiot crews.

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...
I remember winning several company battles with all-TOG teams. Some of them were assaults too.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

So on my 46th try in the M12, I got SPG-15. :toot: I had probably an equal number of tries in the M44.
No. You wanted it enough this time.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

McGavin posted:

If you aren't popping purples in arty you're part of the reason your team is losing.

:same:
I miss all chat for that reason.
Also arty have to actually hit for XVM sniping to matter.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
guys i found a ~new to me~ hiding spot on himmelsdorf i know of the one on the A line but just found this one while trying to scurry away in my arty , encounter battle no one went hill https://youtu.be/K3abJOAm-Es

TowerofOil
May 22, 2007

You don't need a doctor, I'm a christian scientist.

Bread Liar
I can't wait for the map changes so light tanks cant climb the loving mountain on mines.

Also why are the Japanese heavies made out of ammo racks. These things get breathed on and my ammo rack is damaged.

TowerofOil fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Apr 2, 2017

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Turmoilx posted:

guys i found a ~new to me~ hiding spot on himmelsdorf i know of the one on the A line but just found this one while trying to scurry away in my arty , encounter battle no one went hill https://youtu.be/K3abJOAm-Es

0f

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Bob A Feet posted:

I remember winning several company battles with all-TOG teams. Some of them were assaults too.

Yeah, but that was with players that worked the tree and knew what they were doing. Today it was "win a battle even if you suck, win a free TOG rental". So you've got morons that never drove a heavy or higher tier tank before and now have to learn a steep learning curve because tier 4 on up is an entirely different game than the bottom poo poo tiers.

Well, worked my way up to a Mastery 2 mark on the skorpion. Got it working over Fiery Salient sitting in the NE side just behind the stream farmin' heavies on the hill and mediums daring to flank through the village. Three kills in retards in chat started bitching about me camping and wanted me to charge up the hill and brawl. I'm a loving TD with no armor, loving morons.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Darkrenown posted:

As far as I know, if you have the t8 tanks you get them as t9s and any XP you had on them stays on the t8. It's a big gently caress you, really.

The WZ-132 is staying tier 8, chinese get a new tier 9, the WZ-132A

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

SocketWrench posted:

Yeah, but that was with players that worked the tree and knew what they were doing. Today it was "win a battle even if you suck, win a free TOG rental". So you've got morons that never drove a heavy or higher tier tank before and now have to learn a steep learning curve because tier 4 on up is an entirely different game than the bottom poo poo tiers.

Well, worked my way up to a Mastery 2 mark on the skorpion. Got it working over Fiery Salient sitting in the NE side just behind the stream farmin' heavies on the hill and mediums daring to flank through the village. Three kills in retards in chat started bitching about me camping and wanted me to charge up the hill and brawl. I'm a loving TD with no armor, loving morons.

I love the skorpion when you have a map like that and people willing to just keep sticking their heads up to be shot.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Why would you play the hideous troglodyte of a tank when you can play the M4 Rev?

Gom Jabbar
Oct 3, 2005
The high-handed enemy
Its always the best when the first 45% shitter dies on your team gets the all pissy and they you win with out him.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

SocketWrench posted:

This starts up after the team spam clicks the map over my location, then the hill. Note where the light is on the minimap. This is as far up the hill the team goes and the heavies get mauled till one on half health is left. He abandons the hill and the heavies before they even get there and runs off to cower behind some hills, then over the tracks to hide behind the rest of the team. his name is Bookhorse, and you'll see him again. He bitches about camping, he's fired a few shots that did no damage on the hill, killed no one, just hides through the whole thing behind everyone else while "spotting" and demands i go play tag with a T 9 TD and a T 9 heavy

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I already can't really stand Jingles, but why the gently caress does he call the JPE100 "Jaegeroo", and the Type 5 "Godjira" (in some overdone Japanese pronunciation of Godzilla)?

Good lord.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Because he is a retarded old man.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I already can't really stand Jingles, but why the gently caress does he call the JPE100 "Jaegeroo", and the Type 5 "Godjira" (in some overdone Japanese pronunciation of Godzilla)?

Good lord.

And Grille is Grill-ah. I mean i suppose that's how it's pronounced in German, but i keep thinking he's trying to say "gorilla"

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

SocketWrench posted:

And Grille is Grill-ah. I mean i suppose that's how it's pronounced in German, but i keep thinking he's trying to say "gorilla"

Uh, it's actually pronounced like "grill"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QD7i2lLqfJY

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

played a game in my batchat arty on test server only did 5 or 800 damage and got 2 marks on that battle so im guessing if you play arty NOW and have a decent damage in it it will be easy to get 3 marks after update

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
^ Arty just looks like it's gonna be even worse than before. Those close shots that just let you know arty was watching but didn't do damage? Not anymore, fucker. Take some splash up the rear end. They just have to get it near you

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Uh, it's actually pronounced like "grill"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QD7i2lLqfJY

Eh, I went looking around as I was posting and some sites listed the German version pronouncing the "e" while all said the English version doesn't. So yeah, wasn't sure, but meh. Still sounds stupid

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Apr 2, 2017

Mr.48
May 1, 2007
Holy poo poo, I tied arty on the test server and its actually pretty fun now?

Then I did a dumb thing and re-bought my Obj 261 while its On Track. Tell me what a stupid idiot I am!

SocketWrench posted:

Its more like Grill-eh. German has a neat aspect that they have almost no silent letters, so pronunciation usually comes down to just enunciating every letter.

Source: Have been struggling to learn German for the last 3 years while doing my phd there.

Mr.48 fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Apr 2, 2017

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Mr.48 posted:

Then I did a dumb thing and re-bought my Obj 261 while its On Track. Tell me what a stupid idiot I am!

The fact that your retard teammates can see when enemies are suppressed and suppression damage gives you decent exp makes arty roughly a billion times better and more fun.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Mr.48 posted:

Its more like Grill-eh. German has a neat aspect that they have almost no silent letters, so pronunciation usually comes down to just enunciating every letter.

Source: Have been struggling to learn German for the last 3 years while doing my phd there.

Dear non-English speaker, do you know how English phonetics work? You do not pronounce the "e" at the end of words.

If it is a word from a foreign language, and you want the pronunciation preserved you need to preserve the accents in the spelling.

So if you want--that's a weird concept in itself--Grille to be pronounced Grill/e/ in English, you'd have to keep the accent egu, and spell it Grillé.

Otherwise, the anglicized pronunciation of Grille that you keep hearing is exactly the correct English pronunciation. :science:

Your other option is to change the spelling of the word to match English phonetics. So you could spell it Grillay...

Mr.48
May 1, 2007

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Dear non-English speaker, do you know how English phonetics work? You do not pronounce the "e" at the end of words.

If it is a word from a foreign language, and you want the pronunciation preserved you need to preserve the accents in the spelling.

So if you want--that's a weird concept in itself--Grille to be pronounced Grill/e/ in English, you'd have to keep the accent egu, and spell it Grillé.

Otherwise, the anglicized pronunciation of Grille that you keep hearing is exactly the correct English pronunciation. :science:

Your other option is to change the spelling of the word to match English phonetics. So you could spell it Grillay...

Dear Sperglord, I am a native English speaker, so I know perfectly well how its pronounced in English. My post was about how its pronounced in German not English.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

So in Germany do they say, "Let's throw some shrimps on the cricket?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

keep in mind the majority of those TOGs will have the stock 50% crew they came with and are therefore blind etc, I played like 10 battles yesterday using a LeFoof as my exclusive tank and feasted heartily and at one time a TOG came with like 50m and didn't see me? Or the guy hit V by mistake and never figured out how to get the map etc back? who can tell? Anyway I shot him twice for near point blank and it didn't seem to see me just turned it's turret left and right knowing not from whence it came.

what happened to that guy that taught us how to speak german and botted a lot I miss him.