Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I love this forum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Although Fat Chocobo Joe would make me reconsider.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

If you ever get to the point where I can't muster even cursory optimism, excitement, and or hope for WrestleMania just Old Yeller me. Christ, WWE has broken y'all. :(

It has. However, I am excited to use WrestleMania as an excuse to eat a bunch of junk food and read a bunch of hilarious posts and listen to Roman Reigns get boo'd bigly.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I'm really excited to hang out with some friends and eat food tomorrow. But I don't know how any one can be excited for mania. It's legit one of the worst cards they have ever had.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Let's talk about the real important part of Mania - what is your food spread going to be?

I made adobo spare ribs, lumpia, and cheeseburger wontons. My wife made an everything spice cheeseball and sugar cookie tombstones with Undertaker symbol icing. Don't know what everybody else is bringing but I know that no amount of bad booking can affect my hunger.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

I got a bag of lays cheddar and sour cream chips and some jerky. I think that's it. I didn't plan too well this year. May have to hit up yummy.com during the pre show.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
FFXIV is very good

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Prediction time: The crowd Will poo poo on Goldberg-Lesnar, Taker-Roman and A.J-Shane if Shane gets too much ofense.

The Mizez and HHH will both be the faces on their marches.

Naomi wont get the hometown pop.

I dont remember the rest of the card.

Bow wow.

TKImpulse
Oct 21, 2009

Abroham Lincoln posted:

the resemblance is uncanny

Joe's gonna kweh you

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

WWE Cards that look absolutely awful have a weird habit of sometimes surprising you, and the presentation/spectacle will be fun.

(It's gonna be bad though, probably. The proposal, Reigns, Shane, Goldberg, and Enzo if he touches a mic will all be bad and terrible. The SD women's match and Seth/HHH should be cool. Also the Raw tag match)

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's a wark brother. the old, uh. english chocobo sound that wasnt used anymore pretty quick. We're doing this together

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I predict that they attach the Undertaker to some ropes and a crane or something and have him "levitate" to the ring so he doesn't get gassed going down that big rear end ramp.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Rhonne posted:

I predict that they attach the Undertaker to some ropes and a crane or something and have him "levitate" to the ring so he doesn't get gassed going down that big rear end ramp.

Taker's potentially final match having him coming down to the ring in a dark reprise of how Michaels did in their first match would be pretty appropriate.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Professor Funk posted:

It's really incredible how much The Miz has developed as a character and a wrestler in past couple of years. This is the best-built angle on the card in large part because of his heel work. I'm glad he's getting a (somewhat) big match on the Mania card.

That part where he says "and I'll broom you into the gutter like everyone else who thinks I"m a good person." drat.

The brief cut to Miz-as-Bryan when Miz-as-Cena was talking about protecting his spot from more talented superstars was maybe the best shade in the whole thing

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

TKImpulse posted:

Joe's gonna kweh you

Cavauro posted:

it's a wark brother.

Oh Snapple! posted:

I love this forum.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

CubsWoo posted:

NXT is FFXI where things are actually good

Raw is WoW.

Vince: You WILL cheer for Illidan dammit.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

GrimGypsy posted:

WWE Cards that look absolutely awful have a weird habit of sometimes surprising you, and the presentation/spectacle will be fun.

(It's gonna be bad though, probably. The proposal, Reigns, Shane, Goldberg, and Enzo if he touches a mic will all be bad and terrible. The SD women's match and Seth/HHH should be cool. Also the Raw tag match)

Yeah they're not going to have Enzo on the mic during a 7 hour show. Every match would need to finish 10 minutes early (making the cruiserweight title match negative 2 minutes somehow) for Enzo's mic time to get cut.

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Taker's potentially final match having him coming down to the ring in a dark reprise of how Michaels did in their first match would be pretty appropriate.

Okay it's been enough years, we can do druids without saying "druids are played out/always bad" can we? Or does only HHH get minion army entrances now? Actually what would even be HHH's minions this year since the authority hasn't been an official thing... a bunch of girls in NXT shirts holding World's #1 Dad mugs?

Edit: Oh right, the final fantasy thing. So do we get Ember Moon and Tye as cactaurs or moogles?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

CubsWoo posted:

NXT is FFXI where things are actually good

Most of the wrestlers show up, spam "lf match" for an hour then log off in disgust?

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Defiance Industries posted:

Most of the wrestlers show up, spam "lf match" for an hour then log off in disgust?

NXT is where 6 people get team wiped by a bunny rabbit cause the warrior missed 1 taunt.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

https://twitter.com/WWEBigE/status/848391103283941378

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

I'm taking a shot everytime the GDT goes "YES!!!"

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
All the New Day segments will be awful.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

DoctorGonzo posted:

All the New Day segments will be awfully good

Quite so

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Hell, I just watched Kofi and Big E (feat. Lana) ride roller coasters and it was entertaining.

Sadly it reminds me that when we went to DisneyWorld we only spent one day at Universal and didn't go on any rides. The only ride we went on? The thrill ride that is a live Impact! taping.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Let's talk about the real important part of Mania - what is your food spread going to be?

I made adobo spare ribs, lumpia, and cheeseburger wontons. My wife made an everything spice cheeseball and sugar cookie tombstones with Undertaker symbol icing. Don't know what everybody else is bringing but I know that no amount of bad booking can affect my hunger.

Velveeta chili dip, BBQ Coctail Wieners, Corned Beef Dip and a cream cheese beer dip. To go along with all the alcohol I can get in my mouth over the course of 6 hours.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I'm intrigued by Lana's master plan to destroy The New Day once and for all with too much fun-in-the-sun.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
I might order sushi. I don't know.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Blaise330 posted:

I'm intrigued by Lana's master plan to destroy The New Day once and for all with too much fun-in-the-sun.

Do black people even get sunburns??

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

HHH entrance tonight is him dressed as Garland and Stephanie as Queen Brahne

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Frankston posted:

Do black people even get sunburns??
:chloe:

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

What are the main show matches and what are the pre-show matches?

Didn't last year's WM have two pre-shows (one on YouTube and one on the Network)?

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

What are the main show matches and what are the pre-show matches?

Didn't last year's WM have two pre-shows (one on YouTube and one on the Network)?

The cruiserweight match and the ARMBAR are on the pre-show, presumably in the 6-7 timeslot when it's on both Youtube and USA (5-6 is Youtube only). The Smackdown women's match was on the pre-show up until Friday, when I guess social media complaints convinced them to push it somewhere onto the main show. I'm gonna assume something will get knocked into the pre-show to make room for it, but they haven't exactly said what.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Imma try to do pizza and wings but none of my friends care for this Mania so I guess I'm going to be a fatboy and have a party feast by myself.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
There's a wrestler named Aleister Black. The only name that could top that in villainous silliness would be Demitri Thornn or something.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Blaise330 posted:

There's a wrestler named Aleister Black. The only name that could top that in villainous silliness would be Demitri Thornn or something.

He's not a villain, he just likes Satan! I don't see you guys making fun of a dude called Christian, this is religious persecution. :colbert:

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

bradzilla posted:

Velveeta chili dip, BBQ Coctail Wieners, Corned Beef Dip and a cream cheese beer dip. To go along with all the alcohol I can get in my mouth over the course of 6 hours.

Rip

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Dias posted:

He's not a villain, he just likes Satan! I don't see you guys making fun of a dude called Christian, this is religious persecution. :colbert:

I dont suppose Shawn Michaels would come back to tag team with God again would he? Cause I see a hell of a wrestlemania 34 match in the works.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Wish I could watch Wrestlemania live with you guys :smith:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Blaise330 posted:

I dont suppose Shawn Michaels would come back to tag team with God again would he? Cause I see a hell of a wrestlemania 34 match in the works.

Shawn/HHH x Aleister/Vince would be a good WM match, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Dias posted:

Shawn/HHH x Aleister/Vince would be a good WM match, yeah.

Now I am just imagining Vince in his trademark You're Fired voice yelling "Haaaaail...SATAAAAAAAN". It works.

• Locked thread