Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

subhuman filth posted:

Progesterone based hormonal birth control (most of them, including all hormonal iuds) do not increase risks of blood clots.

No but they can give you the aforementioned 6 month period. Also put on weight and make your tits sore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Werong Bustope posted:

No but they can give you the aforementioned 6 month period. Also put on weight and make your tits sore.

Yeah, ironically they can also cause vaginal dryness which has to be at least as bad as any sensation a condom might give a dude.

Like, there's many reasons to prefer hormonal B.C. over condoms, but "fewer side effects" is not one.

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
I feel a great disturbance in my pants
I don't get why Crazy Birth Control Man doesn't just reach up her vag and feel the strings himself.

Well, he probably has no idea that's an option because he's an idiot and knows nothing about women's bodies.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

We [24M] played a scary prank on our mate [23M] he left his baby [2 months] and bolted. His wife is furious.

quote:

So we hosed up. Our mate, Lewis is always playing stupid pranks on us. Ever since we've known him he has always been up to something. Thumb tack on a chair for an example. He did that to us for years and we decided to get him back.

So we decided to play a prank on him. My parents own a house in that borders some woods. It's rather large and I asked him to house sit. I told him I was busy with my girlfriend and would be staying with her. So he met with my parents and he agreed to it. He would not need to stay here 24/7, just come by to feed the dogs. He agreed and thus the prank started.

We were waiting for him and it was around 5 pm. My friend hiding inside the house played a woman screaming sound effect and I popped up from outside near the window wearing a really scary mask. He bolted and he left his baby on the floor. We tried to call him and he was not answering. So we called his wife because we did not know what to do. She came down and she picked the baby up. She was being all mother like. Fast forward and they're fighting

tl;dr: how do we get our mate out of trouble?

Well, that's pretty lovely, but if all it started was a fight...

The OP, in the comments posted:

I thought I put this in the post, but apparently she's divorcing him. I heard this through some of her friends. That and she's living with her best friend and the baby is with her.

:stare:

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

WampaLord posted:

We [24M] played a scary prank on our mate [23M] he left his baby [2 months] and bolted. His wife is furious.

Shaggy's origin story itt

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I don't think is fair to hold his animal instincts when he's scared out of his mind. This isn't "Went to Wal-Mart and forgot the baby."

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Zoiks!!

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
[FRIGHTENED MONKEY NOISES]

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Ride The Gravitron posted:

I don't think is fair to hold his animal instincts when he's scared out of his mind. This isn't "Went to Wal-Mart and forgot the baby."

I agree, but the vast majority of the comments are saying that they understand the wife's decision to divorce him over this.

loving Reddit.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

He is a father of a loving baby.

drat straight he should be held to account for running off and, as far as he knew, leaving his newborn child to the mercy of a murderer.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Okay the guy who ran out on his girlfriend being mugged is one thing but this guy left his baby on the floor, so yeah it is totally fair. How can you ever be sure he's going to be able to be trusted to make sure the kid is safe if his animal instinct is run like the dickens when trouble arises?

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

the wife isn't Saint Peter at the gates of Heaven deciding whether this guy's still a good person even though he dumped his baby and ran for seven days and nights upon seeing a scary mask; she's a mother realizing that when the chips are down her husband is going to look out for himself and throw the rest of them under the bus. It doesn't make any difference at all whether he reasoned himself into being a coward in cold blood or his flight instincts just took over. It's quite possible a real emergency will occur at some point and now she knows when that happens that guy's gone.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

It's quite possible a real emergency will occur at some point and now she knows when that happens that guy's gone.

Most emergencies aren't a situation where a fucko in a werewolf mask wants to scare the poo poo out of them, so I doubt this dude will run away when a real emergency happens.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

also while it's still not a good thing when you're supposed to be protecting someone it's one thing if you bolt on reflex; if thirty seconds later you're still running it's because you thought about it and decided that's what you want to do

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
And honestly it doesn't matter if you're scared and that's your lizard brain, when you're a parent the first thought should be to get your child to safety

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
That whole thing is pure STDH.txt anyway.

Dude ran off, didn't come back long enough for his wife to be called and show up, and didn't just call the drat cops?

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now
Edit: ^^ yes exactly. If this happened, he deserves what he gets. He took off, left a baby on the floor, and then became totally unreachable long enough that his wife was able to be contacted and come for the child without him returning. Like if he'd run off and then when the wife came to get the baby he also came back with the police or something, that might have made a difference. He panicked, left, became unreachable, and didn't apparently even call for help.

Divorce is a pretty major reaction, tho wonder if this was a last straw kind of deal. If he was always pranking, that would get old with a new baby in the house.

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
They won't get divorced, his instincts will protect him from ever being served the paperwork

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Liquid Communism posted:

That whole thing is pure STDH.txt anyway.

Dude ran off, didn't come back long enough for his wife to be called and show up, and didn't just call the drat cops?

you'd think so but look at the dudes ITT spluttering about how this is totally reasonable and unreflective of his tendencies somehow and cowardice can only be determined by a seven-part essay-format test from an accredited institution, it has nothing to do with how you react in a crisis

some people are just that chickenshit

CheesyDog posted:

They won't get divorced, his instincts will protect him from ever being served the paperwork

:lol:

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Apr 2, 2017

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

you'd think so but look at the dudes ITT spluttering about how this is totally reasonable and unreflective of his tendencies somehow and it's wrong to call him a coward unless you've applied a seven-part essay-format test wherein he outlines his complete moral outlook

some people are just that chickenshit

Divorce is a massive overreaction if this is his only fault.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
If you can no longer respect your spouse or trust them to keep your child safe, why not divorce?

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

WampaLord posted:

Most emergencies aren't a situation where a fucko in a werewolf mask wants to scare the poo poo out of them, so I doubt this dude will run away when a real emergency happens.

He thought it was a real enough emergency to bolt from the house without the baby. What would he do if there were a fire? Or what if there was an actual prowler trying to get into the house? Grabbing the baby, finding a safe room to lock yourself inside and calling the cops is probably not going to be this guy's first instinct, I think.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Nessa posted:

He thought it was a real enough emergency to bolt from the house without the baby. What would he do if there were a fire? Or what if there was an actual prowler trying to get into the house? Grabbing the baby, finding a safe room to lock yourself inside and calling the cops is probably not going to be this guy's first instinct, I think.

Honestly, I can't say, but most actual emergencies are not as frightening as this prank in my opinion. Like, a fire doesn't get all up in your face and yell at you.

The real question is why he didn't come back 5 minutes later or call his wife or the cops or anything, which definitely makes me think it's some stdh.txt.

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
dude is best divorcing and moving far away because that story is a permanent turn-off to any woman who hears it

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

WampaLord posted:

Honestly, I can't say, but most actual emergencies are not as frightening as this prank in my opinion. Like, a fire doesn't get all up in your face and yell at you.

So now you're saying that a man should only be expected to protect his infant child in moderately frightening situations? What the actual gently caress?

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
Your #1 job as a parent is the health and safety of your child. You need to be willing to put the child's safety before your own. Maybe I am just an anxious dad buy my lizard brain is actually a lot more sensitive as far as alerting me to threats to my progeny than it is for keeping me from getting myself into trouble. When it comes to myself I am lazy and reckless but I will place my body between my kids and danger without stopping to think about it, even when it is not a smart thing to do for either of us.

The fact that he didn't turn around to get his kid within 30 seconds means he is a bad, neglectful coward. Mom and baby will be better off without him as long as the next guy she chooses has a set of balls.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

WampaLord posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjjzVbTBF8o

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Huntersoninski posted:

Divorce is a pretty major reaction, tho wonder if this was a last straw kind of deal. If he was always pranking, that would get old with a new baby in the house.

That was my thought, too. This is probably the most recent instance of him proving he's not father/husband material.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Honestly I think people in this thread and on /r/relationships are a little trigger-happy when it comes to divorce. If you loved somebody enough to have a child with them, presumably, you'd try to work through this. Everybody fucks up and acts irrationally sometimes, nobody got even a little bit hurt outside of a lot of damaged feelings. And it's not like he wasn't targeted by other people in the prank in the first place - I mean, getting divorced because of poo poo your friends did to you? Really? Divorcing is a lot of work and a huge disruption to your life, especially when there is a kid involved, and most problems aren't irresolvable.

Having said that, I agree with Dienes and Huntersoninski, I get the feeling this is the latest in a long line of irresponsible bullshit and she's just loving done with it.

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum
pee pee poo poo

Skratte
Nov 11, 2010

He puts thumbtacks in people's chairs. He is probably really hard to live with. Ah, finally, at last, an excuse to divorce this knucklehead.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

54 40 or gently caress posted:

And honestly it doesn't matter if you're scared and that's your lizard brain, when you're a parent the first thought should be to get your child to safety

Sounds like bad news bears for my kid, then.

Skratte
Nov 11, 2010

Friend [24F] wants us [22-25Fs] to call her "mom."Non-Romantic

quote:

There's a girl in our friend group who's pretty fun and quirky but lately she's been going around asking us all to call her mom, or that saying she's "the mom friend." Some people have gotten into it because she is a very nice and caring person, but it's also really awkward sometimes. Especially when she does it in front of strangers or in public.

I don't mind if I'm allowed to ignore it and just call her by her name but the constant insistence has become uncomfortable. When I explained to her that I can't/won't do it because I don't see her that way and I'm just not into it, she became very upset and not only implied I was jealous but also that people really do see her like a mom. The latter would be fine if it weren't for the way she explained it, which came across as very pretentious.

She's a likable person, but lately with this thing it's become a major divide in our friend group of around seven to ten people. The handful of us who aren't down are being left out and it's become more difficult to partake in plans because "mom" is "taking the kids out to play." There are some other behaviors pertaining to her mental health that have made addressing things even more difficult.

I guess I'm fine with just opting out of the group entirely, I have other friends, but I'm not sure how to deal with it? What is with this and is there a way to explain that I'm not interested in calling her "mom" or letting her treat me like a child without angering her or alienating my friends who do enjoy it?

UPDATE: I was invited to hang out with the group tonight but politely declined after checking the aforementioned friend's social media. She even has things like "Mom friend" plastered all over her profiles which is a little too weird for me right now considering. Going to cuddle up with my boyfriend and watch Archer instead and think a little more on how I want to handle this going forward. Thank you so much for the support! I really appreciate the suggestions and am always happy to hear more!

tl;dr: Friend wants us all to call her mom. It's really awkward and some of us are being ostracized from our friend group for not wanting to call her that.

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Skratte posted:

Friend [24F] wants us [22-25Fs] to call her "mom."Non-Romantic

Pop out from the bushes and hope she abandons you

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
I feel like when it comes to animal instinct vs. Parental instinct, parental is gonna win if you're brain is wired correctly. Christ I saw another kid menacing my nephew and I was ready to crack the little bastards skull open

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Liquid Communism posted:

No lie, if I were diagnosed with one if the early onset Alzheimers variants, as soon as it got bad I'd be taking a walk in the woods with a pistol and one bullet.

There are worse ways to die, but watching as I slowly lose my own mind is up there on the list of things that terrify me.

You'll want more than one bullet. The first one doesn't always do the trick and suicide victims sometimes have two, three or more GSWs. I'm not talking about, "committed "suicide" by shooting himself in the back of the head eight times," cases where it was murder ruled as suicide. The human body is both fragile and very robust at the same time. Random chance could leave you bleeding out in agony for hours. poo poo, somebody might save your life.

Do yourself a favor and take some insurance rounds.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
I think all bets should be off if the danger is (seemingly) supernatural in origin. Test him again but just as a robber in a ski mask. If he still bolts, divorce town.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I think all bets should be off if the danger is (seemingly) supernatural in origin. Test him again but just as a robber in a ski mask. If he still bolts, divorce town.

I'm okay with this idea.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I'm a total absentminded idiot and I still wouldn't leave my loving child on the floor and run away in any situation known to man. I bet his wife was like "loving Lewis dropping the ball again for the 14th time!" and this was her last straw.

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Apr 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Woulda been better if he bolted with the child and ended up seriously wounding the 2 month old when he inevitably tripped or something running at full speed trying to carry a baby.