Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

New chapter was great, just wish there was more.

New anime looks....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodyshinta1
Aug 6, 2010
Poise is active during hyper armor frames /thread

Vedius Pollio
Sep 11, 2007

I kind of feel a tiny bit let down by this week's episode, if only because I really spoiled myself with those storyboard pages in the Berserk guidebook from a couple months ago. So I think the big question regarding the symbolism from 348 is what's the peak on the horizon in Casca's dream? So far most of the predictions have been that the mountain relates somehow to the particular events of the Eclipse as some surrogate for the giant hand or Griffith's pile of corpses, but I'm more interested in the idea of it being the staircase where Griffith gave his speech about dreams to Charlotte. I think that Guts' crew has been reasonably well exposed to the trauma and demons and poo poo which underlies the Eclipse, but it would be kind of cooler to have them learn more details about the toxic triangle relationship between Casca, Guts, and Griffith which led to the Eclipse, and how Casca was dragged along and broken by the conflict between the two of them. This might explain why Miura wrote that scene where Farnese and Schierke find out from Guts that Casca was his lover while astral projecting, so they have some basis to deduce how everything hosed up between the three of them.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

The new Berserk game is a lot of fun.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Mordja posted:

Guess the thread title needs to change again, huh?

First it needs to change to something involving Berserk 2017: Return of the CLANG.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
That high school project cannot become a distant memory soon enough.

"The Berserk Poise"
"Magic Mushroom Journey 2017"
"Berserk, Dreaming of the next Hiatus"

Oh Berserk, come back forever. You can even bring Casca back with you.

Hey Chief
Feb 21, 2013

Hum, Caska and Guts were sitting on a hill in the bonfire of dreams scene. If that's what the hill in her mind is, then I figure this part is going to take a while, maybe involve Schierke and Farnese collecting parts of Caska as they delve through all sorts of memories of the Golden Age. It's probably just something disguisting and terrible tho.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
I can't believe they actually selling season one of that low effort poo poo on Steam. I also can't believe there are people defending and proving the trick right, berserk fans are so desperate that they will pay money for absolute crap.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

this legitimately could be most of the steam catalogue at this point, to the point valve have started to make it hard to put their low quality crap on there

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
"this product is not eligible for a refund" lol

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Crabtree posted:

I can't believe they actually selling season one of that low effort poo poo on Steam. I also can't believe there are people defending and proving the trick right, berserk fans are so desperate that they will pay money for absolute crap.

The new berserk anime is still way better and more high effort than the average product on steam

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Andrast posted:

The new berserk anime is still way better and more high effort than the average product on steam

The can be debatable, mostly because the people behind Berserk 2016 Dub, which seems to be loving NBC(?!), know how to negotiate to steam about denying refunds while the other failures actually gently caress up anti-consumer nonsense like getting lists of anyone that said anything bad about a product and then the company goes tits up. Competent crap is still kind of disheartening.

But serious, NBC Uni bought the rights to this poo poo?! You'd waste less time just working your way into the deal itself and hiring on better animators than just showing off low effort berserk!

I guess we know that Universal is going to be the company that tries to do Live Action Berserk! :v:

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Apr 1, 2017

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson has a pretty good relationship with Universal so our chances of getting him as Guts are decently high with that

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson has a pretty good relationship with Universal so our chances of getting him as Guts are decently high with that

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
it is foretold

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

We are all dragging a coffin of the new anime series and inside is the torn pages of the Manga

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

Andrast posted:

Isn't using repeated assets a staple of bad steam products?

Either the animators were too lazy/underpaid/unwilling to speak up, or the producers just didn't give a poo poo. That's pretty much the only way this kind of thing makes it to the final cut.

Remember that 3D cartoon from the 90's, ReBoot? In my opinion, that cartoon does a better job depicting emotions (like facial expressions), body language, and character movement than some of the scenes from the new Berserk anime. Probably because it was made by people who were actually invested in their work, despite having limited technology.

Harlock posted:

We are all dragging a coffin of the new anime series and inside is the torn pages of the Manga

Jedah fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Apr 2, 2017

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

what would happen if you used a monkey's paw and wished for a poo poo berserk anime?

would it just make it even worse than you possibly imagined?

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Josuke Higashikata posted:

what would happen if you used a monkey's paw and wished for a poo poo berserk anime?

Claymation adaptation of Berserk where everything is molded from human filth

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...

Usually the monkey's paw gives you exactly what you asked for, but does so in a way that subverts what you really want. So the results of the wish would probably depend on your intentions.

If you were trying to subvert the curse of the monkey's paw and only ironically asked for a poo poo anime (hoping that the paw would attempt to curse you and in fact result in a good anime), you'd probably get a really poo poo anime worse than you possibly imagined, and on top of that Miura would suddenly die and never finish the story.

If you in fact hated Berserk and asked for a poo poo anime because you legitimately wanted the series to fail, it would probably also result in a lovely anime (just like you asked for), but something good overall would happen to the series like it would piss off Miura and he would start cranking out awesome chapters of the manga like monthly for the next 10 years.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

So basically, the last option there is what we need to somehow make happen.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Holy poo poo.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

New opening: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5hixyt

This is going to be bad

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

My entire character arc is getting that szechuan sauce, guts
I got rid of the band of the hawk and the king because they got in my way
I'm the patriarchal figure in Midland now guts
I couldn't come back without your dead baby or casca would never accept me

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012

Good soup! posted:

This is going to be bad

The only good thing that came from the first season was arguably the opening, of course the first thing they do when the new season comes is putting one that sounds insufferably lovely and is animated like some lovely shonen manga adaptation from toei or studio pierrot.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The songs awful but the animation is probably going to be better than in the actual show.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They've made no improvements here. None at all.

The direction is still awful, the models and animation is poo poo. Griffith and Guts on the Hill of Swords and it's just bad. What a shame.

And it doesn't look like there's any new Hirasawa to soften the blow. :negative:

Kharn_The_Betrayer
Nov 15, 2013

Fun Shoe
Man even then thank god there aint a new hirasawa song! They kept just re-using it so often it lost its impacc, in the 1st season.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

actually kinda cool how they're showing the great tree in elfhelm here now that they know what elfhelm is actually like

that's probably the most love they've shown to berserk as a whole

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
Haha holy poo poo that early shot of the Brand on Guts and it's color is that of a scabbed over wound. Isn't the entire point of the Brand that it's an unhealing open wound that occasionally bleeds freely?

After intentionally reading very slowly because I knew the Long Wait was upon me, I'm caught up, now I join your ranks of waiting for inevitable news that Miura has died without completing his work.

(Mr. Miura please just draw a two-page spread of Guts shoving the Dragonslayer up Griffith's pretty little rear end and keep it in a safe somewhere just in case. That's really all I need for closure.)

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
New chapter leads to rereading which leads to me thinking that this is a reaction shot maybe worth using sometime.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Good soup! posted:

This is going to be bad

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
See? There we go.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Oh I didn't realize the first new episode was getting released this week. I need to buy some beer before I can subject myself to it.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

They've made no improvements here. None at all.

As if you expected differently, particularly given the last season was only four months ago. If any improvements were going to be made, it wouldn't be out this soon.

Ccs posted:

Oh I didn't realize the first new episode was getting released this week. I need to buy some beer before I can subject myself to it.

Actually, there are two new episodes released.

SatansBestBuddy fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Apr 8, 2017

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

SatansBestBuddy posted:

As if you expected differently, particularly given the last season was only four months ago. If any improvements were going to be made, it wouldn't be out this soon.

Actually, there are two new episodes released.
The last seasons started airing roughly a year ago, it's not impossible or even unlikely to get some feedback from the broadcast and be all "No one liked this so let's not do it." (In terms of specifics, not just cancelling this poo poo show)

We're in the internet age, the director can get feedback on his work in an instant after the episode finishes its first airing by going to 2ch or wherever if he so wanted.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Apr 8, 2017

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat
Nothing like a little jazz music mixed in to really set the tone of people's dark pasts.

Well, with how unnaturally everything moves in this series, maybe Rakshas will be a perfect fit?

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
I picked up berserk like 3? weeks ago and am pretty deep in the falconia arc and am floored by the quality of the manga and it truly is everything everyone said it is and a bit more

that anime though is really :captainpop: how does it exist in the physical plane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
guts bit a titty and it bleed

that is my anime recap