Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Longbaugh01 posted:

There's only one showrunner and producer that really matters and that's Noah Hawley who also created/runs/writes the Fargo series.

There's plenty of times during Legion's 8 episode run where you hear (and once even see) the other voices in his head besides the one the show centers on.

And the last episode basically reiterated he really is schizophrenic with a certain monologue David delivers to Syd in the woods.

I agree with you completely. I can't actually find any interview or quote, so I must have filtered it in from someone else bullshitting to me, so I guess no one ever officially shot down that explanation for things. I just don't know where they heard that in the first place :psyduck: .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

site posted:

lol out of context this could be pink floyd

The character's name is actually Syd Barret. So yeah. Lol.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
How is the old Witchblade live-action series?

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Wheat Loaf posted:

How is the old Witchblade live-action series?

Ugh. Yancy Butler. For a while it seemed she was in every terrible action movie in the 90s, but that's probably my memory playing tricks on me.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Wasn't witchblade one of those incredibly poo poo fox shows like mutant x

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

site posted:

Wasn't witchblade one of those incredibly poo poo fox shows like mutant x

TNT my man. And Mutant X was syndicated.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
yeah mutant x was several miles below any fox show at the time

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
It ran on fox in my area :shrug:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

site posted:

It ran on fox in my area :shrug:

It was one of those terrible syndicated shows like Cleopatra 2525 or anything Bruce Cambell appeared in during the 90's.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

It was one of those terrible syndicated shows like Cleopatra 2525 or anything Bruce Cambell appeared in during the 90's.

Don't you loving dare besmirch the good name of Brisco County Jr.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

Don't you loving dare besmirch the good name of Brisco County Jr.

I stand by my statement.

Remember when Wizard wanted Julius Carry to be Bishop in an X-Men film based solely on him being black and having a mullet? Those were good times.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

I stand by my statement.

Remember when Wizard wanted Julius Carry to be Bishop in an X-Men film based solely on him being black and having a mullet? Those were good times.

Julius Carry was Sho Nuff so as far as I'm concerned he could've been in anything he drat well pleased. Who's the Master? The Shogun of Harlem is.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

Julius Carry was Sho Nuff so as far as I'm concerned he could've been in anything he drat well pleased. Who's the Master? The Shogun of Harlem is.

If it was something he'd wanted I wouldn't be opposed but this was a bunch of white nerds who decided he should be Bishop based on his hair.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Then they ended up casting a guy as Bishop purely because of his look.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

Then they ended up casting a guy as Bishop purely because of his look.

Omar Sy's hair in DOFP was most likely fake.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

If it was something he'd wanted I wouldn't be opposed but this was a bunch of white nerds who decided he should be Bishop based on his hair.

Fans casting a comic book movie part on looks? I find that hard to believe.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Brisco is legit good and Lord Bowler owned in particular. RIP.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Hercules and Xena were quality shows where Bruce Campbell regularly guest starred as well.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

So many of those had Sam Raimi's name on them in some capacity.

There's an alternate universe out there where the superhero blockbuster of 1997 was Darkman vs M.A.N.T.I.S.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Rhyno posted:

YOU SON OF A BITCH HOW DARE YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Yeah brisco County Jr was the best thing to ever happen to the 90s.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

YOU SON OF A BITCH HOW DARE YOU

We got the world's only Cleopatra 2525 fan here, guys!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Kingtheninja posted:

Yeah brisco County Jr was the best thing to ever happen to the 90s.

I love how they still use the theme song for Olympics TV promos.

But I'll never forget how The Adventures of Brisco County Jr. and The X-Files premiered the same night on Fox. My dad and I watched them both and thought Brisco County Jr. would be the big hit because of the charismatic lead actor, and X-Files would probably get canceled because it was too dark and weird.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
LoL. Brisco County was trash dudes

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Rhyno posted:

Holy poo poo it's Backwards Day!

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Is Brisco legitimately good, or is it the good the same way people say Power Rangers and Spider-Man TAS were good (they were never good and have aged terribly)? I'm inclined to believe the latter when it comes to internet opinions on shows from the past, especially shows that didn't actually make it big.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Rhyno posted:

You are a trash dude!

Brisco was a good show.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

ToastyPotato posted:

Is Brisco legitimately good, or is it the good the same way people say Power Rangers and Spider-Man TAS were good (they were never good and have aged terribly)? I'm inclined to believe the latter when it comes to internet opinions on shows from the past, especially shows that didn't actually make it big.

It's charming, in an early '90s sort of way. It's a lighthearted Western adventure/buddy comedy that ends up having some sci-fi touches as well. Bruce Campbell is extremely likable and charismatic as the lead. It was mostly stand-alone episodes, with some serialized elements. I haven't seen it a very long time, but I would think it hasn't aged as poorly as some other shows.

Speaking of old shows I have fond memories of, The Real Ghostbusters must have just gotten added to Netflix. That was my favorite of all the '80s cartoons, even if I was more invested in Transformers and G.I. Joe due to the toys and comics. Real Ghostbusters always seemed more sophisticated to me back then, maybe due to J. Michael Strazcynski writing so many of the episodes. I still vividly remember plots (lots of Lovecraftian influences), pieces of clever dialogue, and even catchy musical cues (apparently composed by Haim Saban, who would go on to make Power Rangers a phenomenon). Even JLI scribes Keith Giffen and J.M. DeMatteis each wrote an episode back then. I'm nervously excited about revisiting it.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

It's charming, in an early '90s sort of way. It's a lighthearted Western adventure/buddy comedy that ends up having some sci-fi touches as well. Bruce Campbell is extremely likable and charismatic as the lead. It was mostly stand-alone episodes, with some serialized elements. I haven't seen it a very long time, but I would think it hasn't aged as poorly as some other shows.

Speaking of old shows I have fond memories of, The Real Ghostbusters must have just gotten added to Netflix. That was my favorite of all the '80s cartoons, even if I was more invested in Transformers and G.I. Joe due to the toys and comics. Real Ghostbusters always seemed more sophisticated to me back then, maybe due to J. Michael Strazcynski writing so many of the episodes. I still vividly remember plots (lots of Lovecraftian influences), pieces of clever dialogue, and even catchy musical cues (apparently composed by Haim Saban, who would go on to make Power Rangers a phenomenon). Even JLI scribes Keith Giffen and J.M. DeMatteis each wrote an episode back then. I'm nervously excited about revisiting it.

There is a point in Ghostbusters where it transitions into a more shallow version of itself. I don't know if it was accompanied by a name change, but I remember them adding Slimer shorts and stuff like that, and I think some voice actors changed too? I recently rewatched an episode or two from RGB and it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. "The Collect Call of Cathulhu" was the one, IIRC.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

ToastyPotato posted:

There is a point in Ghostbusters where it transitions into a more shallow version of itself. I don't know if it was accompanied by a name change, but I remember them adding Slimer shorts and stuff like that, and I think some voice actors changed too? I recently rewatched an episode or two from RGB and it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. "The Collect Call of Cathulhu" was the one, IIRC.

Yeah, two or three seasons in, it became "Slimer and the Real Ghostbusters" and started a more simplified, "kiddie"-looking animation style, transitioned to shorter episodes, and introduced a whole silly supporting cast centered around Slimer, like an evil scientist named Dr. Dweeb who was always trying to catch him, etc.

But the early seasons were gold. I'll never forget "Knock Knock," where construction workers found a gateway to hell in the New York subway system, or an episode where a severely depressed man played a flute that conjured up an evil face in the sky and swarms of demons to bring about Ragnarok.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
I watched the boogieman episode last night and brought back all kinds of terrible memories.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
When i was a kid i had a tape with the ep where they go to hearst castle and one where they bring back a good guy stay puft to fight a giant praying mantis so naturally those became my favorites

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

ToastyPotato posted:

uh having watched like forty eight cumulative hours of power rangers last month I can tell you it loving owns just like brisco county jr

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Last I checked Brisco County Jr wasn't streaming anywhere and is surprisingly hard to find through less legal methods, so unless someone here owns the DVDs I don't think anyone talking about it has seen it this millenia.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I've owned it on DVD for almost a decade or more. It's not like it's a hard to find title.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I owned it until about a year ago and let me tell you, it's still absolutely overrated.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Endless Mike posted:

We got the world's only Cleopatra 2525 fan here, guys!

I was obviously referring to Xena and Hercules, but for the record I actually do know the world's only Cleopatra 2525 fan.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lurdiak posted:

I was obviously referring to Xena and Hercules, but for the record I actually do know the world's only Cleopatra 2525 fan.

It gave us Gina Torres so I am eternally grateful for that.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I mean I like that hippie doomsday song it uses and it's got a bunch of cleavage and dumb sci-fi so....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Trailer for Preacher season 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziF6gvIGC3g