Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

finally we get the suplex for the monk lv3 lb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kuvo posted:

finally we get the suplex for the monk lv3 lb

Let's be honest.

If Monks got the ability to do a single-target suplex as their level 3 LB nobody would ever play another class.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Yeah, but then we'd need a trial against the Garlean's Phantom Train.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
im trying to figure out which DRK ability i can macro "Darkness! (=゚ω゚)ノ ☆:*:・" on that won't interfere with my ability to play the game but will still be irritating to people

as much as i want to macro it to abyssal drain (it even has the animation and irritating sound) i don't want to gently caress up my rotation (ive heard macros sometimes gently caress up abilities)

Thumbtacks fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Apr 2, 2017

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Thumbtacks posted:

im trying to figure out which DRK ability i can macro "Darkness! (=゚ω゚)ノ ☆:*:・" on that won't interfere with my ability to play the game but will still be irritating to people

as much as i want to macro it to abyssal drain (it even has the animation and irritating sound) i don't want to gently caress up my rotation (ive heard macros sometimes gently caress up abilities)

Since Salted Earth is a ground placement attack, it's one of the few skills in the game where a macro is handy. If you make a macro that has
code:
/ac "Salted Earth" <t> 
it will drop it directly on your target so you don't have to deal with ground placement. This is true for shadowflare or any other ground target ability as well.

This way you get to easily place salted earth directly where you want it and spread your darkness in chat as well!

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Mr. Nice! posted:

This is true for shadowflare or any other ground target ability as well.

This way you get to easily place salted earth directly where you want it and spread your darkness in chat as well!

:aaaaa:

Griz
May 21, 2001

if you make a two line macro
code:
/ac "Salted Earth" <t> 
/ac "Salted Earth"
it casts on your target if you have one, or brings up the usual manual placement circle if you don't.

Virulence
Jun 14, 2012

Leal posted:

Is there a website that has BIS for 3.56? Everything I google is telling me about 3.4 or even as far back as 3.2 as the top results. None of these seem to be aware that proto ultima accessories are a thing and don't take in welfare diadem gear

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/5xtjx1/all_bis_as_solved_by_kanetws_solver/

One of our goons made a BiS solver for 3.55. That's the compiled list for all jobs, with relic and non-relic sets. Doesn't solve for Diadem gear, though, as that would be a pain in the rear end.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Thumbtacks posted:

Darkside obviously?

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Griz posted:

if you make a two line macro
code:
/ac "Salted Earth" <t> 
/ac "Salted Earth"
it casts on your target if you have one, or brings up the usual manual placement circle if you don't.

casting AoEs on targets is my favorite macro. that works?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

Since Salted Earth is a ground placement attack, it's one of the few skills in the game where a macro is handy. If you make a macro that has
code:
/ac "Salted Earth" <t> 
it will drop it directly on your target so you don't have to deal with ground placement. This is true for shadowflare or any other ground target ability as well.

WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Virulence posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/5xtjx1/all_bis_as_solved_by_kanetws_solver/

One of our goons made a BiS solver for 3.55. That's the compiled list for all jobs, with relic and non-relic sets. Doesn't solve for Diadem gear, though, as that would be a pain in the rear end.

Thank you kind goon!

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
I don't macro my AOE skills just because the average tank will keep dancing around for like 10 seconds at the start of fight, trying to fit all enemies in their front sector. Makes it easier to adjust to throwing AOE at the approximate final position of trash mobs.

Incidentally my gameplay experience is 90% being that tank. :cripes: How do you deal with big pulls with giant monsters pushing everyone around, never settling to a neat formation? I feel like most DPS are silently seething at my ineptitude.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

jyrque posted:

I don't macro my AOE skills just because the average tank will keep dancing around for like 10 seconds at the start of fight, trying to fit all enemies in their front sector. Makes it easier to adjust to throwing AOE at the approximate final position of trash mobs.

Incidentally my gameplay experience is 90% being that tank. :cripes: How do you deal with big pulls with giant monsters pushing everyone around, never settling to a neat formation? I feel like most DPS are silently seething at my ineptitude.

When I MNK I'm frustrated with constantly shifting mobs with MNK's conal AOE attacks. But I know its not the tanks fault, its SE deciding mobs need to be physical models between eachother for some dumb stupid reason.

You guys can model space between entities in your game but can't put in a "buy partially from stack" option.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

jyrque posted:

I think you could stuff yourself into a corner and then the mobs would have little choice but to bunch up, but the worst pulls for this right now are the ones in sohm al hard at the beginning, and you don't want to go searching for a corner because 1) I'm not sure there is one and 2) you should be trying to put the mobs on the steam vents.

So mostly you just try to not move at all unless you're dodging aoe because at least then the mobs should be relatively stationary.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Leal posted:

When I MNK I'm frustrated with constantly shifting mobs with MNK's conal AOE attacks. But I know its not the tanks fault, its SE deciding mobs need to be physical models between eachother for some dumb stupid reason.

You guys can model space between entities in your game but can't put in a "buy partially from stack" option.

You mean you don't like playing "how many mobs will my Rockbreaker not hit due to last second moshing" in places like A12S? :sigh:

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Klades posted:

I think you could stuff yourself into a corner and then the mobs would have little choice but to bunch up, but the worst pulls for this right now are the ones in sohm al hard at the beginning, and you don't want to go searching for a corner because 1) I'm not sure there is one and 2) you should be trying to put the mobs on the steam vents.

So mostly you just try to not move at all unless you're dodging aoe because at least then the mobs should be relatively stationary.

Sohm Al Hard's first couple of pulls are full of AoEs to dodge, so stuff still shifts a little bit. One of the birds or something is going to move slightly as the tank gets out of the six cones coming at him.

Ither
Jan 30, 2010

Finished 3.56's story. Didn't grab me as much as 2.56's/ Maybe because I care more about literal Dragons than Yda or Ala Migho.

Perhaps also because 2.56 ends with a cliffhanger while this just ends. Feels like Square Enix blew their load with 3.3 & 3.4

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
roegadyn to be replaced by actual good race in Stormblood

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

jyrque posted:

There is, in fact, a trick to settling everything down and forcing them into a nice bunch in front-ish of you.

1) When you grab the group, keep on running through them a couple extra steps.
2) Turn around a few fulms in front of where you're actually going to come to a stop.
3) Back up into your final position.
4) Stake your territory.

Mind, this is not unique to FFXIV, this is a trick that can be done in almost any MMO, because of how mobs will try to close the gap with you, blah blah blah, shortest distance, tangents along a curve, blah blah blah.

They'll naturally spread back out a bit based on model size (I'm looking at your fat asses, you dumb Chichus.) but it'll help keep everything in front of you where it can be parried/blocked, and not behind you where it can't.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Apr 2, 2017

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Verranicus posted:

roegadyn to be replaced by actual good race in Stormblood

https://twitter.com/hulkhogan/status/148768276871249920

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

SwissArmyDruid posted:

There is, in fact, a trick to settling everything down and forcing them into a nice bunch in front-ish of you.

1) When you grab the group, keep on running through them a couple extra steps.
2) Turn around a few fulms in front of where you're actually going to come to a stop.
3) Back up into your final position.
4) Stake your territory.

Mind, this is not unique to FFXIV, this is a trick that can be done in almost any MMO, because of how mobs will try to close the gap with you, blah blah blah, shortest distance, tangents along a curve, blah blah blah.

They'll naturally spread back out a bit based on model size (I'm looking at your fat asses, you dumb Chichus.) but it'll help keep everything in front of you where it can be parried/blocked, and not behind you where it can't.

I'll have to keep an eye on this, thanks. Usually my problems start when after the initial pull everyone is neat and proper in front of me but big fatass mcfucko demands personal space and everyone else me included has to conform.

I also have a bad habit to try trickshotting mobs with 360 Overpower spin while strafing through the trash rather than just walking straight with a wimpy Flash spam. Maybe this adds to the initial chaos idk

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

I was so surprised when I saw an ad for FFXIV at Takeover last night. Here's hoping Sheamus and Cesaro bring in Bahamut to help them win the tag titles or something.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Is it odd of me to see that as a good sign for the game in general?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

victrix posted:

It just means SE's putting a lot of weight behind the Stormblood launch, which seems pretty positive.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

roman reigns is a dragoon

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

victrix posted:

It's pretty big news, I'd think. They're confident enough to spend advertising on WWE, which gets tons and tons of viewers. I think the only strange thing is that it all also took place on April Fools, so some people were a little concerned the news may have been just a prank. Still, this is ambitious from an advertising perspective and speaks highly of their confidence in Stormblood.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

I don't think you should consider the money spent on advertising being confidence in a product, if you look where mass effect andromeda ended up

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

EA always spends a gently caress load of money on advertisements.

I've been playing Andromeda for a while not and actually like it, it could've been better polished but it's not Duke Nukem/Colonial Marines/Watch_Dogs bad.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

victrix posted:

Not at all, it's very good. Advertising during Rasslemaniacs, even the NXT portion, ain't cheap, and it's another reflection of just what SE is willing to invest into the game now (or what the game's continued sales etc. are allowing for, especially now that the monster that is FFXV is out the door).

If we actually get something during Mania itself, I think my hair will catch fire.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

If it's fully true that Stormblood has a close to 40 million budget, they're going to advertise it hard even if it's a stinker because player disbelief about being told it's shite and the initial rush of people buying it from hype alone is going to get people to buy it upfront and they'll hope to recover a good chunk of that back immediately.

There's really not much cause for concern that Stormblood is going to be anything less than stellar though. They've earned a lot of faith.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

I'm kind of hoping for some kind of Wrestling collaboration in the future now.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
If FFXIV is as big in Japan as people in this thread have made it out to be, honestly, I'm surprised there *hasn't* been anything going on with NJPW.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Apr 2, 2017

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Josuke Higashikata posted:

If it's fully true that Stormblood has a close to 40 million budget, they're going to advertise it hard even if it's a stinker because player disbelief about being told it's shite and the initial rush of people buying it from hype alone is going to get people to buy it upfront and they'll hope to recover a good chunk of that back immediately.

There's really not much cause for concern that Stormblood is going to be anything less than stellar though. They've earned a lot of faith.
40mil and no new race, tank, or healer?
Tanaka wouldn't have let this happen. :colbert:

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

SwissArmyDruid posted:

If FFXIV is as big in Japan as people in this thread have made it out to be, honestly, I'm surprised there *hasn't* been anything going on with NJPW.

New Japan is a bit more reserved when it comes to partnerships like this. It doesn't help that the only real gaming person who is prominent there is Kenny Omega. WWE has Austin Creed/Xavier Woods, AJ Styles, and Asuka who are all massive video game fans. So I imagine it was more attractive for Square Enix to advertise with WWE than NJPW for that reason.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
So when they it has a 40 mil budget, is it for the game itself or is that also including the advertisements?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Leal posted:

So when they it has a 40 mil budget, is it for the game itself or is that also including the advertisements?

I don't believe the the info saying ~40 mil was so detailed as breaking down specific allocations but it's probably not like Witcher 3 for example where as much was spent on ads as was on development.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

DarkstarIV posted:

Kenny Omega

Is this what happens when you kill off all the normal Kennies?

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

SwissArmyDruid posted:

New Japan has a Tekken collab going on with Namco Bandai, so there may be some exclusivity issues.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Fister Roboto posted:

Is this what happens when you kill off all the normal Kennies?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mqFhzbOTJ4
Omega in black

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Maybe Squeenix got the WWE to include the rematch of the century

vs

• Locked thread