Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
Is doctor nick any good loz?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

malhavok posted:

Is doctor nick any good loz?

His damage seems fine. I do wish gaz would go over his skills and make them like Punisher ie charges / cooldowns that are reset when you hit rapid reload.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
If he has nothing else going for him, at least Nick Fury is voiced by Keith David. He also laughed a lot after defeating MODOK (though I didn't catch his actual line) and that was fun.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Lozareth posted:

Got Winter Soldier to sub-2 with this 1:55 ttk: http://marvelheroes.info/build/4457/
Come on, ICR, log in.

The stars are not aligned yet. My hype video is not ready.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

His damage seems fine. I do wish gaz would go over his skills and make them like Punisher ie charges / cooldowns that are reset when you hit rapid reload.

LukeFonFabre just posted a 2:46 ttk for him then went on to post a 53s Nova and 54s Black Bolt.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

And that's against a stationary target. In actual play you're also constantly missing like half of his stuff because it's ground targeting tiny aoes with long startups. Gaz also wants you to play him as a close quarters fighter for some reason.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Although, let's be real, the Black Bolt and Nova times have more to do with stacking movement reset with no ICD being broken than those characters being that much stronger inherently. Not that Nick is actually good either, but this is sort of a special case.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
Nova is pretty good even without that.

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.
Hi guys, does this game still suck?

I don't want to play again, I just want to judge everyone actively playing it

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
Has anyone tried to exploit the movement reset cosmic with ultron? his slam has two charges and auto bruts.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Lozareth posted:

LukeFonFabre just posted a 2:46 ttk for him then went on to post a 53s Nova and 54s Black Bolt.

Hey I would be more than happy with Nick Fury buffs. I am curious about his set up he used for that ttk(Lola on Loan, etc), but I guess he did a ton of tests and that was the best result he got.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Burginator posted:

games fun so long as i can be a superhero and make enemies ragdoll out before they finish their vo; game's been fun for a while

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Burginator posted:

Nah

It sucks in different ways now

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

malhavok posted:

Has anyone tried to exploit the movement reset cosmic with ultron? his slam has two charges and auto bruts.

Just did a quick test and every proc of the cosmic restores both charges of operation smash.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

the only problem is that Ultron has hardly any movement skills to proc it in the first place, with only a 10% chance you need multiple Movement skills to have it reliably proc

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

one of the best for this is Gobby too lol, you just keep rapidly tapping goblin gunner until it procs then you use your Sig, keep nitrous boost on constantly too

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

Has anyone tried movement spiderman? I couldn't get the hang of using his dashes / backflip in combat, but I'm terrible at movement builds.

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.

NotALizardman posted:

Nah

It sucks in different ways now

Well that's exciting, at least

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

malhavok posted:

Nova is pretty good even without that.

Sure, but since Lozareth posted that, someone has posted a 42s ttk with him. The reset poo poo is broken.

Also, I don't want to layer quotes to you but I don't think the Ultron time bothered with this, because while slam is p.good you don't really have enough other movement in most builds to reset regularly. The key to this with Black Bolt is that 6/8 of his powers with a melee build are movement tagged. I'm not sure about Nova's breakdown, but it's got to be more than one. The more powers you reset, the more chances you have to roll that 10%, which then all reset and give you more chances again. Ultron gets two chances when his charges are loaded, and then one more every 8s. It'd be a bonus when it's up, but not enough to sacrifice a better item over.

Baby Proof posted:

Has anyone tried movement spiderman? I couldn't get the hang of using his dashes / backflip in combat, but I'm terrible at movement builds.

Yes. Got all the way under 2m at last~

Burginator posted:

blood bowl players should not cast this particular stone

AzraelNewtype fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Apr 3, 2017

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

AzraelNewtype posted:

blood bowl players should not cast this particular stone

lmao

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

AzraelNewtype posted:

I'm not sure about Nova's breakdown, but it's got to be more than one.
Nova has two dot layers with the Movement tag (his charge-up dash + his crashdown) so he's pretty ok for using that affix. Only way he could be better is if his sig was Movement tagged, but since he has a talent that reduces his sig's CD by 1s every time you use a cooldown power, you can brute-force your way into getting it used way more often than usual.

Chernobyl Peace Prize fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Apr 3, 2017

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
Well he has 5 charges on his dash also.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

enjoy it while you can of course because it's obviously going to get a 30s+ cooldown slapped on it next patch

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

enjoy it while you can of course because it's obviously going to get a 30s+ cooldown slapped on it next patch
And/or knock a 0 off of the proc chance.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Of course it is! Along with a 5s ICD for the Movement Reset proc on Cosmics! Because otherwise, we'd just trivialize all the new content, and we can't have that!

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

movement reset proc is what I was referring to yeah, it definitely won't be only 5 seconds, it will be 30 or higher cause of the few heroes with Movement tagged signatures

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Honestly, it probably would be okay if it just stopped stacking again, even without an ICD. 10% chance to refresh isn't as crazy as 19% with two, 27% with 3, 34% with 4, or 41% with 5 cosmics with the affix.

Given how they've handled every single other overtuned thing, though, they will definitely do more than just stop them from stacking, probably to the point that the affix is useless. Fine-tuning isn't really a thing when they can just do percussive tuning instead.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

I think the standard gaz has on the cosmic procs has always been that same procs share their cooldowns, you can equip 2+ invul sphere procs and they will pop up more reliably, but you'll never see more than 1 every 25 seconds. That's their "anti-stacking" method.

Someone just goofed and set the movement refresh proc to 0 cooldown.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Now that Story XP is fixed I got Nick Fury to 60 and he feels like a thought experiment in "what if we gave a ranged character smaller AoEs than Wolverine" holy poo poo.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

The Nova ttk's don't use the movement reset at all and it doesn't help pulsars Nova at all. Watch the videos. It's all pulsars with a couple movement DoTs when the sig's on cd. No movement abilities are spammed. The cd on Nova's sig is reduced by the pulsars you can spam while it's active so it only has a 3s cooldown really.

None of this really matters because he's definitely in the nerf me tier. It's just bugging me Azrael keeps using him as an example that the movement resets need fixed. :P Some sad Nova player is going to stack all the cosmics after reading those posts and just suck and that BOTHERS ME, OK?!?!

Lozareth fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Apr 3, 2017

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

also i wanted to report that deathplague played taskmaster today and actually liked it

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
I have also played and enjoyed Taskmaster recently. Got him up to Orange (his maximum allowed, colour coordinated prestige) and really liked the leveling experience. Fucker can't do high tier, end game damage by the look of it though.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Lozareth posted:

It's just bugging me Azrael keeps using him as an example that the movement resets need fixed. :P Some sad Nova player is going to stack all the cosmics after reading those posts and just suck and that BOTHERS ME, OK?!?!

oh no think of the poor pedos playing nova

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Lozareth posted:

The Nova ttk's don't use the movement reset at all and it doesn't help pulsars Nova at all. Watch the videos. It's all pulsars with a couple movement DoTs when the sig's on cd. No movement abilities are spammed. The cd on Nova's sig is reduced by the pulsars you can spam while it's active so it only has a 3s cooldown really.

None of this really matters because he's definitely in the nerf me tier. It's just bugging me Azrael keeps using him as an example that the movement resets need fixed. :P Some sad Nova player is going to stack all the cosmics after reading those posts and just suck and that BOTHERS ME, OK?!?!

Mostly I've been using specifics about the Midnight King really, as he's hilariously exploitable with this.

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

oh no think of the poor pedos playing nova

The gently caress you say?

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Now that Story XP is fixed I got Nick Fury to 60 and he feels like a thought experiment in "what if we gave a ranged character smaller AoEs than Wolverine" holy poo poo.

Also an experiment in "how many powers can we straight lift from other characters and stitch together like Frankenstein's Monster?" His entire lefthand tree is made of recycled assets, animations and all, and nearly all the rest are just reskins. Guy's got more stolen powers than Rogue.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

McSpanky posted:

Also an experiment in "how many powers can we straight lift from other characters and stitch together like Frankenstein's Monster?" His entire lefthand tree is made of recycled assets, animations and all, and nearly all the rest are just reskins. Guy's got more stolen powers than Rogue.

That's sort of where we are now, ever since Beast. It might have been less irksome if Fury was between Beast and Black Bolt, since at least in that case you wouldn't have two fairly melee focused heroes in a row with a reskinned Fury of Five Hundred Fists and reskinned Arachnid Assault in a row, both of whom use non-standard resources that don't really restrict the vast majority of your powers (Beast only really has one spender), and therefore launched with basics that would spend resources if available for attack speed (Bolt's is now gone, because this behavior didn't work with his ranged build). Bolt's power icons even include recolors of Nova (Falling Star->Split the Sky, Nova Flare->Quasi-Sonic Torrent), Iron Fist (Seven Armies Sundered->Close Combat), and probably more that I recognize but can't quite pin down. It was one thing when Taskmaster did it, or when you get them with clearly related characters (IM/WM or Logan/Laura), but it's another when it's just a method of ramming through characters faster.

None of this would have made Fury's design better inherently, but at least not dipping into the same well twice in a row for your copy paste heroes would have made it less obvious that recycling is the new normal. If more new heroes are going to be announced, I wouldn't expect anything else.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

If we get another hero and it's mostly recycled content then I think the game is probably going to be in maintenance mode by the end of the year. At least these guys you can kind of excuse them being caught up in BUE and needing to squeak them out before the end of the financial year to fulfil their commitments.

Carew
Jun 22, 2006
what is even known about future content they have in the pipeline? omega difficulty along with the new gear and that's it? there hasn't been anything new to actually do in the game since what, the derivative hightown patrol?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HandsomeBen
Nov 23, 2006

There is no greater calling than to serve your fellow men. There is no greater contribution than to help the weak. There is no greater satisfaction than to have done it well

Carew posted:

what is even known about future content they have in the pipeline? omega difficulty along with the new gear and that's it? there hasn't been anything new to actually do in the game since what, the derivative hightown patrol?

Yeah, I think the last bit of real new content was chapter 10 and hightown.