Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I like the part where Goku looks super menacing from Krillin's perspective.

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

Wait, did Krillin just punch that robber and than ride away without actually arresting him? No wonder your town has so many robbers in it, you're letting them all get away.

The robber was covered in bandages so I can only assume Krillin trashes him every week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!
I'm really glad this arc is looking like its at least going to pretend to us for awhile that its not just about Goku punchmaning his way out of it.

I wonder when the "if we lose the universe gets erased" ball gets dropped on everyone, before or during the tournament.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Kithkar posted:

I'm really glad this arc is looking like its at least going to pretend to us for awhile that its not just about Goku punchmaning his way out of it.

I wonder when the "if we lose the universe gets erased" ball gets dropped on everyone, before or during the tournament.

I'd imagine they're gonna start out as a cohesive unit, then one of the enemies will drop it on them during the tournament, causing them all to get distracted/angry at Goku and Gohan for not telling them. Afterward that mess they'll probably take the fight more seriously since their families are on the line, causing them to win, making the REAL lesson: don't keep secrets from your friends, ya dingus!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
loving Kriller Time, goddammit

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Krillin faced a SSB Goku head-on and didn't get instantly deleted. Krillin is powerful and great and my friend.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

This episode owned. Krillin, 18, and Marron are best family.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Goku should have given Krillin a taste of kaio-ken as well.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Kild posted:

Bulma shot the gently caress out of him when she first met him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwqU0YVXtgk

i stand corrected

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

Dias posted:

Krillin faced a SSB Goku head-on and didn't get instantly deleted. Krillin is powerful and great and my best friend.
:hai:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
How old is Krillin's daughter supposed to be?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

sassassin posted:

How old is Krillin's daughter supposed to be?

The timeline is absolutely hosed up due to Toriyama's extreme uncaringness for detail, but I'll pretend that it still makes sense for the sake of this post.

Marron was born in Age 771. This has to be Age 781, as Bra was just born. Thus, Marron is ten years old right now.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Bloody Pom posted:

Super Buu's body with Fat Buu's clothes and face is exactly what I was hoping for. :allears:

I want there to be a point where he's pushed into Serious Fighting™ mode & he whips off the cape and vest. Bonus points if he uses Super Buu's body language.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

HitTheTargets posted:

I want there to be a point where he's pushed into Serious Fighting™ mode & he whips off the cape and vest. Bonus points if he uses Super Buu's body language.

You mean that creepy neck tilting thing Super Buu does right?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Fit Buu is going to get his rear end kicked for most of the fight until he realizes that his true strength came from his fat all along and balloon up.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Rhonne posted:

Fit Buu is going to get his rear end kicked for most of the fight until he realizes that his true strength came from his fat all along and balloon up.

Yeah I'm waiting for the reveal when it's Serious Time that Buu's just sucking it in the whole time.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I really like that the new ending focuses a lot on the true hero and strongest person in the Multiverse

Bulma.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

It took me way too long to realize Bulla was just the japanese way to say Bra

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Buu owns
Gohan owns
Vegeta owns
Piccolo owns
17 owns
18 owns
Krillin owns
Roshi owns
Tien owns
Goku owns

they're going to win and then its going to turn out that Goku was in on the plan all along to not actually destroy the universes, but they threatened it so everyone would go all out

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Also we evidently learn more about Jiren and the Beerus-race Pride Trooper next week.

grieving for Gandalf posted:

this episode really made this arc feel full circle for Dragon Ball

The new ED helps! Plus I fully expect we'll get an Android #16 flashback when they pick up #17, and I bet they'll take the opportunity to show Launch when they get Tien.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
I really appreciate how they're going about this arc. If Krillin's fight with goku is any indication, the tournament is going to have a ton of great late stage dragon ball type fights, which were my favorite of the entire series.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yeah, they genuine seem to be setting these fights up as "The strongest isn't going to win every time" which is pretty exciting with the series lineup. Master Roshi vs, I donno, Hit doesn't mean Roshi's gonna lose.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah, they genuine seem to be setting these fights up as "The strongest isn't going to win every time" which is pretty exciting with the series lineup. Master Roshi vs, I donno, Hit doesn't mean Roshi's gonna lose.

Roshi has a lot of weird mystical powers that we've only seen mostly hints of, too. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Hit stops time and Roshi's just in there like, "big whoop, I can do it too"

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Roshi's doing a Max Power Mafuba in the ED so just trap people in pots and then toss em off.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I just want to point out and make sure everyone realizes that krillin took the only move in the franchise that works 100% of the time and made it better

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Blockhouse posted:

I just want to point out and make sure everyone realizes that krillin took the only move in the franchise that works 100% of the time and made it better

Kienzan used to work 100% too, until Krillin hosed it up.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Rutibex posted:

Kienzan used to work 100% too, until Krillin hosed it up.

kienzan has never actually killed someone or done anything other than hit some scenery, chop off Freeza's tail, or I guess now make Goku turn SSB to win a fight against a regular-rear end human

solar flare has done its job every single time its been used

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Didn't Goku stop it with sunglasses like the second time it was used?

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

sassassin posted:

Didn't Goku stop it with sunglasses like the second time it was used?

Tools aren't allowed in the Tournament of Power :v:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

multijoe posted:

He can get them the same way he got them last time. Glasses count as part of Master Roshi, like Buus cape.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

multijoe posted:

Then why is Gohan allowed to fight?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Ooh i am stoked for whatever random magical crap Roshi will pull out of his rear end.

Also Tien deleting entire sections of arena with Shin kikoho.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

deadly_pudding posted:

Roshi has a lot of weird mystical powers that we've only seen mostly hints of, too. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Hit stops time and Roshi's just in there like, "big whoop, I can do it too"

Wonder if he'll use that lightning attack he used back in the first World's Martial Arts Tournament in Dragon Ball

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

tap my mountain posted:

:lol:

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

tap my mountain posted:

this is good

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

tap my mountain posted:

Come on gohan is in rehab please do not be the cause of his lapse

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

tap my mountain posted:

Oh poo poo. :pusheen:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I'm glad the non-Saiyans are getting to do things again.

tap my mountain posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZslldczL5FM

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Apr 3, 2017

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Aurora posted:

Roshi's doing a Max Power Mafuba in the ED so just trap people in pots and then toss em off.

Skip the pots, just mafuba them off the edge.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

drrockso20 posted:

Wonder if he'll use that lightning attack he used back in the first World's Martial Arts Tournament in Dragon Ball

That's the only reason why they picked him. And Goku still won't realize that he was Jackie Chun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I want Roshi to effortlessly block everyone who attacks him and then knock them all out with a single backhand slap.

"I've been perfecting this poo poo for over and hundred years, and I ain't even really blazed yet."

• Locked thread