Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
We are out of AA batteries, and I discovered this as I was setting up my new wireless keyboard. We do have a box of AA batteries marked OLD, and asking why we didn't throw them away led to an argument with my mom, who says throwing batteries in the garbage can will start a fire (so they won't start a fire inside?).

I'm not officially the gamemaster of our rpg group, but I do tend to make most of the plays up (one of the other players tried and kept screwing up exactly what two characters were there for. Were they sent there, or were they really loyal to the empire, and the bad playmoves from it almost ended the group because she couldn't keep the story straight) and I'm at a dead end for new ideas. Nothing but a geek FWP because we are playing a pretty good game now, and there's at least two more that the others really want to do, but I've never had issues coming up with new games before. Ten years in and now I feel like Stephen King going hmmm.....no, used that idea, nope, did that, what about a possessed, um, turkey baster?

Said player from above wants to try some Harry Potter stuff next, and while I am generally okay with the idea, I foresee it as nothing but problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Nespresso isn't that bad but it's not great either. It just is. It blows my mind that fancy restaurants serve Nespresso for like $7.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Mu Zeta posted:

Nespresso isn't that bad but it's not great either. It just is. It blows my mind that fancy restaurants serve Nespresso for like $7.

FWP: as an Italian, I get :murder: thoughts whenever someone tries passing Nespresso as good coffee. Get a proper espresso machine and learn to use it, and then we'll talk.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Windows updated.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Mikl posted:

FWP: as an Italian

My condolences

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

oldpainless posted:

My condolences

Them's fighting words, you impinge my homeland's honour. I demand satisfaction. Football at dawn. Proper football, none of that handegg thing.

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable

Decrepus posted:

Windows updated.

I've been bringing up a computer that's been dormant for 5 years. Everything updated. Except the graphics driver.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Mikl posted:

FWP: as an Italian, I get :murder: thoughts whenever someone tries passing Nespresso as good coffee. Get a proper espresso machine and learn to use it, and then we'll talk.

Proper espresso machine and grinder is $1,000+. Having something cheap like a $100 Nespresso has its place, especially in like hotels or in the office break room. Who the gently caress is going to clean the coffee grinder at work? It's going to be filthy in 2 weeks.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I should go to bed, but I'm really not tired. I want to go out for a smoke and a coffee, but that would require getting dressed and leaving the house.

I could be getting things done right now since I'm not going to sleep anyway, but I'll probably just end up sitting here like a lazy goon instead.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
In their efforts to put in new "more secure" Wi-Fi at my office, the Wi-Fi has been out for the last 24 hours and I'm bored and want to watch LPs but don't want to burn through a bunch of data and battery to do it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Munchables posted:

No, Portland. Right now I live with my mom while I go to college and work, and our house has probably the same square footage as a cargo container. Also somebody called the insurance company or something because they thought our house was a meth house.

My GF and I are both working professionals with experience and education and we can barely afford this city any more.
My Goondolences.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I still haven't quite adjusted to being a white collar knowledge worker. I'm a competent programmer so my skills are in super high demand and "know things" is part of my job. Things like "leave early to go home and read a tech manual" or "spend a week just futzing with this new thing we implemented" are totally ok things to do but after 4 years of retail I expect to be fired at the drop of a hat. Sometimes I just sit in my box and read things but I always feel guilty when I do even though it's literally a part of my job.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

My phone updated to Android 7 and I don't like the new notification style.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Kelp Me! posted:

I'm pretty sure that's the legal equivalent of ordering prescription drugs online from a country where they're over-the-counter and shipping them to the US though.

Wait I can get a NSAID thats OTC everywhere except the US where it's prescription only? A completely harmless painkiller? And I don't have to go to my doctor who will question me? :eyepop:

I worked hard today in an art project and I think I finished it but my back is in the worst pain ever, its so bad its radiating throughout my core because I was bending over for 12 hours. I took 800mg ibuprofen, which did nothing. Now if I had aforementioned drug, I would be fine. I also spent ~150$. But it's pretty! But expensive and painful. :(

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Mikl posted:

I hate websites that automatically redirect you to their mobile version when you open them on your phone.

Sites which redirect you to their lovely local versions with zero content and, specifically, not the content you went to the drat site to view in the first place.

Most recent example is Huffpo. I wanted to visit their site to see something stupid Trump had done, but they redirected me to the Australian version of their site which didn't even have that article.

Megillah Gorilla has a new favorite as of 05:44 on Mar 30, 2017

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008
Re: contact lens chat, after hundreds of dollars and five months of eye doctor visits, I am now wearing a hard lens over a soft lens on one eye because I have a weird degenerative eyeball. But I can see a lot better now. And my floors are suddenly filthy because I can see all the bits of fuzz and whatnot.

Improved vision is a blessing and a curse.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Gorilla Salad posted:

Sites which redirect you to their lovely local versions with zero content and, specifically, not the content you went to the drat site to view in the first place.
It doesn't redirect you, but why the gently caress are there all the different local versions of Amazon? If someone in the UK sends me a link to a game on Steam, I see the Australian version (if applicable) and can buy it if I want. If they send me an Amazon link I see the UK site and the price in pounds and have to go find the product again if I want to buy it. I never switched my account from .com to .com.au because I don't understand why that's even a thing and I hate it.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Tiggum posted:

It doesn't redirect you, but why the gently caress are there all the different local versions of Amazon? If someone in the UK sends me a link to a game on Steam, I see the Australian version (if applicable) and can buy it if I want. If they send me an Amazon link I see the UK site and the price in pounds and have to go find the product again if I want to buy it. I never switched my account from .com to .com.au because I don't understand why that's even a thing and I hate it.

Just switch the domain and you're fine. Amazon pages have addresses like Amazon.com/xx/xxxxxx where xxxx is a bunch of letters and numbers, everything that comes after that can be omitted so cut it out. Then change the address from .com to .com.au and, if the product is available on the Australian site, it'll take you to it.

Still annoying, but a little bit less annoying.

Related FWP: if you have Prime on one of the Amazon sites, you don't have it on any of the others. Like, I have Prime on .it, but if the thing I want is only available on .co.uk I'm SOL.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I've gotten mildly invested (interest-wise, not monetarily) in a stupid mobile game that I just got to a major :fuckoff: wall in. I really kind of dug playing it.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Changing up my SSRIs gave me more energy and motivation to get stuff done but I'm only sleeping 3-4 hours a day. C'mon, adjustment period, get done so I can be productive AND get sleep.

I Am Not Spor
Dec 13, 2006
all the better to glomp you with

Work internet

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
While I can't afford the time or money to be playing online games I managed to create my own WWI simulator this morning while cleaning the house.

Related, don't use the same cloth to wipe up an ammonia based cleaning product immediately after cleaning bathroom appliances with bleach solution.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Leavemywife posted:

Kingdom Hearts, right?

My FWP is that the new Kingdom Hearts collection comes out today and I have to work and not play it.

Correct :v: And now that I'm deep enough into it (Playing them in release order to start with) that I'm at Neverland, *now* the PS4 ME:A discord is regularly making goonsquad groups. Why couldn't you assholes have been doing that before I got to play with the keyblade again :arghfist::saddowns:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
It's really hot on this bus

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Today was the last class for my yoga instructor, she's really cute and I had a gym-crush on her and now she's moving out of state :(

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I have, like, £130 less than I thought. I still have plenty unbudgeted for emergencies and things, but through some recent transfers I just realised a large chunk on money went somewhere a long time ago and I have no idea what happened. I can only assume I forgot some spending I did from the secondary account that I just noticed but it's fairly annoying.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Thin Privilege posted:

It's really hot on this bus

Bus drivers in the winter, I tell ya. They sit right next to a constantly opening door while wearing a short sleeve shirt, so to protect themselves they have to crank the heat right up. Meanwhile I'm wearing all my winter gear and feeling completely nauseous from all the heat and motion .

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Where I work we have the news going all day. It's a weird requirement but whatever.

A co-worker of mine is a little off but we get along despite our many differences.
I've started to notice that any time a woman anchor is about to start their segment he will switch it over to something else.

If he's in control, I never get to watch Erin Burnett or Rachel Maddow.
If I call him out it will be very awkward.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Inzombiac posted:

Where I work we have the news going all day. It's a weird requirement but whatever.

A co-worker of mine is a little off but we get along despite our many differences.
I've started to notice that any time a woman anchor is about to start their segment he will switch it over to something else.

If he's in control, I never get to watch Erin Burnett or Rachel Maddow.
If I call him out it will be very awkward.

Tell everyone he thinks women are liars until he stops.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Dinner. I could get groceries and make something at home or I could go get take out from a wide range of places but if I don't pick something soon the take out joints will be closed and I'll have to go get groceries.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Outrail posted:

Tell everyone he thinks women are liars until he stops.

I already work with some lowkey-sexists and some not-so-lowkey racists that I think I'd lose that fight.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I've ordered delivery 4 times this week and can't really justify doing it again tonight.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I went out to eat with some friends earlier, but I wasn't very hungry so I got most of my food to go. About halfway home I realized I left the box on the table. Now I'm disappointed because I was going to have it for lunch tomorrow, and annoyed at myself for forgetting about it and wasting money.

My husband tried to cheer me up by pointing out that he brought something home for me earlier, but that's not the point, dammit.

:sigh:

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I have ants in the kitchen. I'm on the third floor of my building.

How the gently caress did we get ants?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

MisterBibs posted:

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

MisterBibs posted:

My friend just got mice on the 17th floor.

Like you wouldn't climb a mountain to get some primo snacks.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Had the whole apartment to myself this weekend and spent too much time forumsing and not enough time playing video games.

Gitro
May 29, 2013
I'm really busy with uni work and don't want to spend a lot of time on chores but I really want to make risotto and more onion soup. I'm planning to get some pizza on Friday to celebrate the end of a huge crunch week so I don't want to get more take-out, and I've only got leftovers enough to cover one more day.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

none of my days are long enough, i get warmed up and ready to get poo poo done and it's bedtime. days need to be about 50 hours long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I realized today that I have a long history of dating narcissists.