Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
Just to add to the Rallchat:

In addition to what's already been said, one of the things that gets to me about Rall is that while he defends his "artwork" as being ugly to depict an ugly world, when it time to tell his tale about how he totally slept with all those women his struggles in the 1980's, he hired another artist (Pablo G. Callejo) to do the illustrations.

For contrast here's the infamous "sad blowjob" scene from the book:

and here's a Rall cartoon from 2007 where he takes on the Dalai Lama:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Oh look, Rall doesn't understand a religion but feels like he's got enough of a handle on it to make bare-bones half jokes.

Also lol thinking that pacifism in the face of horror is a sign of weakness, from a man who has never thrown a punch. But totally murdered a homeless person.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Trapezium Dave posted:

Art Spiegelman on Ted Rall:

I love that he gave it a "male crotch" to satisfy Rall.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
*Ted Rall slaps newspaper to the table*

"This guy's rippin off my meme!!" he shouts in shock

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

:words: :bahgawd: posted:

I worked at newspapers for nearly 20 years before starting my own commercial art business. I knew all too well that most of my coworkers were ‘liberal.’ They were proud of it and to their credit, many were very professional and their reporting remained objective. The few conservatives there were forced into quiescence in order to remain on friendly terms with reporters and editors as well as escape outright harassment and ridicule. For example, I once made the mistake of making a positive comment about Goldwater. I had just finished reading a biography about him and I was telling one of my fellow artists that he had some good attributes. An SJW photographer overheard this and proceeded to go into a loud and protracted virtue signaling spiel about the evils of being a conservative. I could not get a word in edgewise and it would have been useless to reason with him by use of facts. There can be no debate with such people. Their minds are made up and they’re convinced truth is on their side. So I mostly shut up about politics and many there assumed I was liberal like them. I was fine with them thinking that.

I’ve now lost a good many of these old friends and coworkers. Naturally, they’re not happy with my cartoons. Even a non-newspaper friend wrote me recently to express his hatred for Trump. Here’s one of the things he wrote:

“Nothing Hillary has ever done compares to the sheer, breathtaking corruption that Trump brings to the Presidency.”

“Breathtaking.” Really? How can Trump be worse than Hillary when he never before held public office? Hillary is indeed the most corrupt person to ever come close to the presidency. It’s why Trump once called her a ‘monster.’ I ended up writing a long list of Hillary’s crimes and corruption just off the top of my head (see below), but I decided not to respond to his statements at all. It would only make him angrier and I would lose another friend. This is a man who probably still listens to the mainstream media as if they were the penultimate oracle of truth. He also believes the lie that the Russians were in league with Trump to hack and ‘steal’ the election. Maybe he reads newspapers such as the LA Times.

Today, the LA Times came out with part one of four editorials with the overall title, “Our Dishonest President.” Part one epitomizes the usual arguments against Trump. They’re based not on logic and reason, but rather emotion. It’s mostly fear, anger and empty vitriol. While reading the first part I got the impression that I could have been reading something written by the ‘Deep State’ itself. I also found myself countering their statements along the way. Here are a few examples:
Their opening sentence:

LA Times: “It was no secret during the campaign that Donald Trump was a narcissist and a demagogue who used fear and dishonesty to appeal to the worst in American voters.”

Ben Garrison: The Times begins by spewing the usual emotional claptrap and hysteria, which is now seen everywhere on corporate media. Trump appealed to voters because he was not a career politician. He’s not part of the ‘Big Club’ elite. The Illuminati grew way too complacent and accustomed to running the show with the help of their lying mainstream media. Trump is a populist and nationalist. He wants to restore America to greatness. That means thwarting the Deep State’s plans for globalism and tyranny–and they can’t stand it.

LA Times: ” He has clashed with his own intelligence agencies, demeaned government workers and questioned the credibility of the electoral system and the Federal Reserve. “

Ben Garrison: Trump does not ‘own’ such agencies. They don’t belong to the American people, either. The NSA and CIA are now part of the Deep State. They are unaccountable. They’ve gone rogue and they illegally spy on us all. Citizens are assassinated. The agencies have become politicized and they want one of their own as President. They wanted Hillary. Questioning the election system where ‘super delegates’ get the say and not voters? Questioning the Federal Reserve? They are in dire need of questioning! The vile Federal Reserve system of debt slave money has impoverished Americans while driving us in debt to the tune of $20 trillion. It’s a sick, immoral system of money that must end.

LA Times: “His scary willingness to repeat alt-right conspiracy theories, racist memes and crackpot, out-of-the-mainstream ideas. “

Ben Garrison: The mainstream media, including the LA Times no longer tells the truth. They spew Deep State propaganda and lies. Fewer are watching, listening and reading the MSM narratives because they know the truth can be found on the Internet. Citizen muckrakers are the ones doing real investigative journalism. ‘Out-of-the-mainstream’ ideas are healthy. They also threaten the mind control ‘official’ narrative of the Deep State MSM. That’s why they are doing their best to control dialogue on the Internet. They have long been over-paid colossal liars and now they want to blame under-paid citizen journalists on the Internet for their failure. They will smear patriots as racists or ‘crackpots,’ but they’re facing more and more resistance. The elite at the top want to censor and stop free speech in order to regain control and fill minds with lies once again. We must remain vigilant. They have all the money in the world and have owned their media lapdogs for a long, long time. They are now running scared and that’s a good sign.

LA Times: “This nation survived Andrew Jackson and Richard Nixon. It survived slavery. It survived devastating wars. Most likely, it will survive again. But if it is to do so, those who oppose the new president’s reckless and heartless agenda must make their voices heard. ”

Ben Garrison: This is telling because Trump resurrected a painting of Jackson. I consider Jackson to be a great president. He was a populist elected by the people, not the elite, and in his two terms he took down the central bankers. Unfortunately one of our worst presidents, Woodrow Wilson, allowed reckless and heartless central bankers to again control our money (and us). He also got us into a reckless and heartless Word War I, which was completely immoral and unnecessary. I hope President Trump can keep President Jackson on the $20.

LA Times: “All of us who are in the business of holding leaders accountable must redouble our efforts to defend the truth from his cynical assaults.”

Ben Garrison: We as citizens must also defend the truth by pointing out the lies and cynical assaults spewed by the mainstream media—which are now mostly owned by the Deep State.

—Ben Garrison

Hillary’s crimes and corruption:
• Cattlegate
• Travelgate
• Filegate
• Using IRS to harass enemies (she was involved with these scandals during her ‘co-presidency’).
• Whitewater and Rose Law Firm corruption.
• She told the central bankers she was on their side and what she told the public was just politics.
• She helped cover up Bill’s rapes and sexual assaults and harassed his victims.
• She laughed after getting a child rapist a lesser sentence.
• Accepting pay for play money via the Clinton Foundation while she was Secretary of State.
• Illegal campaign contributions to her senate campaign.
• Lying about being under sniper fire.
• Gifts (bribes) from foreign nations.
• Pardoned Puerto Rican terrorist group for personal gain
• Admitted to taking orders from the CFR while being a senator.
• Received expensive gifts during her eight years as first lady and she never disclosed them.
• Illegal murder of Gaddafi and she laughed about it.
• Censured for ethics violation while in the Senate.
• Lying about being named after Sir Edmund Hillary.
• Fired during the Watergate investigation for lying and dishonesty.
• Involved in getting a reduced sentence for a child trafficker in Haiti. (The Clintons/Podesta are tied together with PizzaGate).
• “Dead broke” was her claim when they left the White House; now they’re worth $50 million. What did they sell to get so rich?
• Stealing White House antiques which she was forced to return.
• Stealing billions of dollars in contributions for Haiti and diverting them to the CF coffers.
• Bill Clinton getting $500k from Russia for a single speech, resulting in Hillary approving Russia gaining control over 20 percent of our uranium.
• Frequent trips to ‘Orgy Island’ with her hubby Bill.
• An illegal server containing classified material.
• She destroyed evidence (hammering cell phones, bleaching server).
• Benghazi (delaying rescue to Stevens to keep secret her and Obama’s aid to ISIS) It resulting in many deaths. (She lied and blamed a ‘video’).
• The death of Vincent Foster (recent exhumation and autopsy revealed two bullet holes in the back of the skull…ruled murder, not suicide).
• Vast trail of bodies left by the Clintons.
LOCK HER UP!

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Todd Roll also things abortion is murder and that's why it should be legal or some other loophole thingy.

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Is it just me, or is Zyklon Ben starting to draw his idealized husbando version of donald a little chubbier and less muscular?

I wonder if reality is finally seeping through the haze of schizophrenia and xenophobia, or if he's just mad at donald for not "draining the swamp", so he's taking his revenge subtly...

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Easy Salmon Recipe posted:

Is it just me, or is Zyklon Ben starting to draw his idealized husbando version of donald a little chubbier and less muscular?

I wonder if reality is finally seeping through the haze of schizophrenia and xenophobia, or if he's just mad at donald for not "draining the swamp", so he's taking his revenge subtly...

Definitely an incrementally more substantial set of chins.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Ben Garrison: Deep State. Deep State. Deep State. Donald "Lionheart" Trump is not an elite, he's a regular working class man like you and me.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

obemail2017

Dear Bearack Obama
How do you type with bear gloves on?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

I bet trump cheats like a motherfucker on the golf course.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Pop-o-Matic Trouble posted:

Does he need to, or do others just let him win because they know what he will be like if he loses?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Pop-o-Matic Trouble posted:

It is well documented that he in fact is a mediocre golfer at best, and cheats like mad.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

quote:

• Cattlegate
• Travelgate
• Filegate
• Using IRS to harass enemies (she was involved with these scandals during her ‘co-presidency’).
• She told the central bankers she was on their side and what she told the public was just politics.
• She helped cover up Bill’s rapes and sexual assaults and harassed his victims.
• She laughed after getting a child rapist a lesser sentence.
• Accepting pay for play money via the Clinton Foundation while she was Secretary of State.
• Illegal campaign contributions to her senate campaign.
• Gifts (bribes) from foreign nations.
• Pardoned Puerto Rican terrorist group for personal gain
• Admitted to taking orders from the CFR while being a senator.
• Received expensive gifts during her eight years as first lady and she never disclosed them.
• Illegal murder of Gaddafi and she laughed about it.
• Censured for ethics violation while in the Senate.
• Lying about being named after Sir Edmund Hillary.
• Fired during the Watergate investigation for lying and dishonesty.
• Involved in getting a reduced sentence for a child trafficker in Haiti. (The Clintons/Podesta are tied together with PizzaGate).
• “Dead broke” was her claim when they left the White House; now they’re worth $50 million. What did they sell to get so rich?
• Stealing White House antiques which she was forced to return.
• Stealing billions of dollars in contributions for Haiti and diverting them to the CF coffers.
• Bill Clinton getting $500k from Russia for a single speech, resulting in Hillary approving Russia gaining control over 20 percent of our uranium.
• Frequent trips to ‘Orgy Island’ with her hubby Bill.
• An illegal server containing classified material.
• She destroyed evidence (hammering cell phones, bleaching server).
• Benghazi (delaying rescue to Stevens to keep secret her and Obama’s aid to ISIS) It resulting in many deaths. (She lied and blamed a ‘video’).
• The death of Vincent Foster (recent exhumation and autopsy revealed two bullet holes in the back of the skull…ruled murder, not suicide).
• Vast trail of bodies left by the Clintons.

None of these are true, for those curious. I removed the ones that were half-truths-if-you-squint.

Hell of a hot take, Garrison

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Trapezium Dave posted:

obemail2017

Dear Bearack Obama

Beary carefully.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Just to pile on, hasn't the Dalai Lama stated that he doesn't intend to reincarnate in order to avoid the Chinese from declaring they have found his reincarnation and getting some puppet to take on a pro-China stance? Something they have done with other religious figures already?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Jerusalem posted:

Just to pile on, hasn't the Dalai Lama stated that he doesn't intend to reincarnate in order to avoid the Chinese from declaring they have found his reincarnation and getting some puppet to take on a pro-China stance? Something they have done with other religious figures already?

The thing is they already kidnapped the Panchen Lama and kept him out of sight forever and so they can pretty much just take any relative nobody around the right age and claim it's him and have him declare an of course very loyal new Dalai Lama.

Less certain is what this would actually do since the current one has said he will choose not to reincarnate.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

I don't think the Dalai Lama has said he won't reincarnate so much as phrased it as keeping his options open, which of course he can claim since the reincarnation is voluntary (living Buddha and all that). I would not put it past the Chinese government to try and install a puppet Dalai Lama regardless of his final decision.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

How will the religion adapt to having no one leader?

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

SSNeoman posted:

None of these are true, for those curious. I removed the ones that were half-truths-if-you-squint.

And on the other hand, some of the more plausible ones on the list are things that Trump is guilty of.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

How will the religion adapt to having no one leader?

This is probably at least part of the reason he's not firmly committed to the "no more Dalai Lamas" angle. It'd require a serious overhaul to the structure of Tibetan Buddhism and Tibetan government (such as it is), not to mention they lose the international public face of the issue.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnd0qg4I_MM

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

SSNeoman posted:

You left some that are at least debatable, but there's a lot of nonsense in there, yeah. What's most interesting to me is "Lying about being named after Sir Edmund Hillary" and "Vast trail of bodies left by the Clintons" on the same list. I feel like if he really believed in the latter, he wouldn't consider the former worth mentioning.

This is an aspect of Garrison I've never quite understood: just how sincere is he? Is a literal crazy person like Dees, an outright charlatan, or just a guy who engages in a lot of motivated reasoning?

Silver2195 fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Apr 3, 2017

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Media criticism of Trump is just flawed reasoning and hysteria, while I, Ben Garrison, understand that the real threat is Illuminati mind control.

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?

Silver2195 posted:

You left some that are at least debatable, but there's a lot of nonsense in there, yeah. What's most interesting to me is "Lying about being named after Sir Edmund Hillary" and "Vast trail of bodies left by the Clintons" on the same list. I feel like if he really believed in the latter, he wouldn't consider the former worth mentioning.

Must be some kind of conspiracy math, while proving just bad thing would be devastating (but you can't) so by piling up baseless charges you make seem it more likely that the person committed at least one of them to satisfy the law of big numbers.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Phew, that was close!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Pants Donkey posted:

I swear to god Rall's articles about Spiegelman are found in textbooks about projection.
I've just played through Bioshock, and Rall has literally jumped into reality from Ayn Rand's nightmares. If there was ever a man so insignificant yet full of himself that he felt obliged to rall against the very concept of greatness, it's Ted.

Silver2195 posted:

I think it's the one true item on the list.

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Apr 3, 2017

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I feel like this one deserves a :drat:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

I'd vote for Bearack Opawma

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

Bearack is making his "By Allah! White people are so stupid!" face.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Trapezium Dave posted:

obemail2017

Dear Bearack Obama
Obama loving loves Homestar Runner.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Jesus, I haven't had a cartoon make me angry in.... well, pretty much ever, which is saying something for somebody lurking this thread since Bush was in office. I want to find Rall and rip his arms off so he never makes another one of these ever again.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost
Reincarnation is not a positive thing in Buddhism, if y'all ain't aware.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Silver2195 posted:

What's most interesting to me is "Lying about being named after Sir Edmund Hillary" and "Vast trail of bodies left by the Clintons" on the same list.

Yeah, but she laughed about it.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

None of that wall of text explains how Obama hacked elections disguised as Russia, or if he did why Trump won anyway.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
How the gently caress does Rall set out to Do a hot take on the Dalai Lama, and somehow miss pointing out the theocratic feudalistic dictatorship Tibet was before the Chinese invaded, instead landing on calling him a pussy?

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

Somfin posted:

Reincarnation is not a positive thing in Buddhism, if y'all ain't aware.

But the Dalai Lama reincarnating is a positive thing, I think.

Most of what I know about it comes from Last Week Tonight.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Xander77 posted:

I think it's the one true item on the list.

True in that she was wrong about it. Seems likely her mother told her it and she never checked the dates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

The current Dalai Lama is also on record as thinking he may be the last incarnation, which probably has something to do with the fates of the last and current Panchen Lamas. If a 15th Dalai Lama is announced, the Chinese government will, in all likelihood, eliminate him and produce their own, loyal-to-China Dalai Lama.

• Locked thread