Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Beet Wagon posted:

Lol they have part of an E and an N up, and it's all from the Elite Dangerous guys.

Star Citizen has a really great community team lmao
How many people would we need to change STAR to SCAM? It's only two letters so I'm sure we could keep that up at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Wasn't there a website that used to be popular around here and 4chan where you got like some ink and could draw on a giant sphere?

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
On this week's episode of Around The Verse...

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Thoatse posted:

On this week's episode of Around The Verse...

Jodorowsky rules

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
Star is slowly taking shape...

Gravity_Storm
Mar 1, 2016

Quavers posted:

This is a beautiful metaphor for SC vs Elite.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Quavers posted:

That's the saddest thing on the net :lol:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
How do you undo that pixel thing, my hand somehow slipped and put a pink block on the S by total accident

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

peter gabriel posted:

How do you undo that pixel thing, my hand somehow slipped and put a pink block on the S by total accident

You have to put a pink block somewhere else in the SC logo area

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

If it happens please change to shitizen and screenshot for posterity

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
Elite's fans should just reply by quoting all the shitizen posts talking about how terrible their game is for daring to actually exist.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
I'm gay

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

:eyepop:

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

same

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Foo Diddley posted:

You have to put a pink block somewhere else in the SC logo area

I tried this but my hand slipped and I put an accidental black block on the S, I am really bad at this

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

peter gabriel posted:

I tried this but my hand slipped and I put an accidental black block on the S, I am really bad at this

Keep trying, practice makes perfect

It won't let me put a pixel anywhere; I think you might need a reddit account

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Foo Diddley posted:

Keep trying, practice makes perfect

It won't let me put a pixel anywhere; I think you might need a reddit account

I tried again but it put a white one on the letters making them unreadable, I'll keep trying to contribute, hopefully I get better at some point. All I can really do is stick with it

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

That's the saddest thing on the net :lol:

a virtual quilt of shame

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

I'm not gay but this man makes me consider my life choices

https://twitter.com/iammoshow/status/847985438149062656

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
EXPECTED RESULT
I should be able to walk away normaly after trying the jacket on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-his8kELgo

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Off topic, but someone ITT had a addon of some sort to write notes on posters, can anyone remember the name of the addon/where to get it?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
EXPECTED RESULT
No extra magazines spawnin`oder clippin in the front of the weapon

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Not sure what's up with this

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

Good news everyone, testing of 2.6.2 has been going great! There have been 225+ new reports on the Issue Council since the new update was ready rushed to live on 31st March @ 10:20pm.

Best update ever, so 3.0 must be only weeks not months away :toot:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Not sure what's up with this

B'tak citzn

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

Quavers posted:

...with the emphasis on the 'slowly'. As already alluded to, it wouldn't be Star Citizen if it wasn't one step forward, two steps back!

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
It's cool how you can see their impotent attempts at messing up the elite logo by the side of it :v:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

AP posted:

ARENA COMMANDER | ENEMY AI IDLING

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1 Enter singpleplayer pirate swarm
2 found a cutlass black boss (Ringo) just idling

ACTUAL RESULT
Enemy just doing nothing

EXPECTED RESULT
Enemy should act more organic

ARENA COMMANER | ENEMY CAN SHOOT THROUGH ROCKS - SINGLEPLAYER

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1 Enter singpleplayer pirate swarm
2 hide behind rocks

ACTUAL RESULT
Enemy can shoot through rocks

EXPECTED RESULT
Every weapons should not be able to shoot through rocks

Next step for AI is that it will be virtually indistinguishable from a human. Keep on doing what you're doing! :shobon:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Samizdata posted:

Also, on the subject of nostalgic space gaming, the original Starcraft and Brood War (with mods for modern OSes) is being released for free by Blizzard. This is not a rumor. I have it downloaded and installed.

This is nice of blizzard to do. Especially considering they tend to cling to stuff forever, and the original Diablo was still full price 20 years later it seems.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

If we really cared we could run their script against them by changing all the blacks to white or something lol. Great OpSec, reddit!

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
They're using the dummy accounts they use to manipulate upvotes/downvotes to build the SC logo.

You can click on a pixel and see who placed it. Many are accounts that haven't posted for months/years or have no posts at all.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Only read up to the "how complex" part, and with certainty I can say Chris Roberts says "Yes, absolutely. All these things and more things. Buy a ship today!"

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Quavers posted:

They may as well stop there. It's more complete than the game itself currently.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
How many people would we need to turn STAR into SCAM and the logo into :goatsecx:?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

thatguy posted:

How many people would we need to turn STAR into SCAM and the logo into :goatsecx:?

I can't imagine anything more stupid that fighting against scripts for something so pointless.

Let's just laugh at this and not put any effort into screwing with something the Citizens might actually get to see at some point.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

The Titanic posted:

Next step for AI is that it will be virtually indistinguishable from a human. Keep on doing what you're doing! :shobon:

It's the AI being afk due to his mum making him do the dishes and the AI using hacks like a human because the game is gay and he only plays it to troll people.

The AI is already human like.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

Chin posted:

They're using the dummy accounts they use to manipulate upvotes/downvotes to build the SC logo.

You can click on a pixel and see who placed it. Many are accounts that haven't posted for months/years or have no posts at all.

Report the "normally in-active" accounts to Reddit admin, who'll ban the alts and any primary accounts they can match up.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Or just let them do whatever

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

AP posted:

I can't imagine anything more stupid that fighting against scripts for something so pointless.

Let's just laugh at this and not put any effort into screwing with something the Citizens might actually get to see at some point.

Trying to fight backers over something like this is impossible because it's an expression of their desperation anyway.

Even if it weren't a pointless pixel art image somewhere most normal people are either going to not care, or give up after a reasonable amount of time.

The backers that subconsciously know they can't make their dream game happen through sheer force of will jump at any opportunity like this to "make a difference." So the only way to "win" against them in this virtual tug of war is to be crazier than they are about Star Citizen and Samizdata/Derek Smart can't do it alone.

See Also:
-News article defense squad
-pathetic backers sending thousands of dollars of food to the devs
-Buying ships in the first place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Daztek posted:

Or just let them do whatever