Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

preordered a jrpg

gross

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i feel gross

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Dont preorder jrpgs

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

orange juche posted:

Dont play jrpgs

Fixed

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

orange juche posted:

Dont preorder bioware rpgs

:negative:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Missing the "roguelike" tag

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

roguelikes are good though?

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Reverand maynard posted:

MODS??!?!?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Reverand maynard posted:

there's like 6 roguelikes that are good and 6 million indie games leaning on random number generators to fill in the content for them

bengy81
May 8, 2010
I like TOME, Risk of Rain, dungeons of Dredmore and Binding of Isaac

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

FTL

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Nerds

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Anyone pick up Wildlands on the Xbox?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

is that on steam?

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Why don't you search it... no need to report back

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9y0_h4kj3FI

this is all i did last night in ds3, over and over

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I've actually never played BB or DS3. The concept never really appealed to me (being intentionally overly hard and therefore not fun IMO) but that's just the impression I got over the years

if you had to pick one on PS4 pro which and why? Might give it a go

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

dark souls isnt overly hard, it just takes practice. the same kind of practice we did in the day of 1 hit death platformer games growing up.

i always thought of them as "nes zelda but 3d and scarier"

go with ds2:sotfs or ds3

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Which has the most accessiblity to save? or can you save whenever in both of them? I hate replaying pointless content for 15 mins to get to the part where I died

Also do either ave auto health regen?

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Which has the most accessiblity to save? or can you save whenever in both of them? I hate replaying pointless content for 15 mins to get to the part where I died

I genuinely can't tell if you're loving with us right now

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I'm completely oblivious to both games so :shrug:

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

seinfeld_hands.gif

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

the best thing we can do is insist you play one of them and report back

i'll even mail you my disc copy of ds2 if you promise to write an essay on it

edit: once i find it in my boxes

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

You are adorable. And DS3 is way better than 2.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

You are adorable. And DS3 is way better than 2.

actually 2 is better than 3

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

actually 2 is better than 3
Fight me irl.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

3 has the better aesthetic but 2 is a much better game mechanically and in world design.

I like DS3 but it's linear as gently caress compared to any of the other games

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

2 is the best of the souls games

3 isnt bad at all

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

where does BB fit into all of this

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

eh

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Very good, but would play DS2 or 3 first. Very different combat and not nearly as many cool weapons to play with.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Almost done patching Wildlands. Is it good?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

No, but if you have friends, it can be good to get drunk and go ripping through bases.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

the game is constantly autosaving; after every enemy you kill, every item you pick up, any time you sit at a bonfire etc. the bonfires are what you would consider your actual checkpoints though. when you rest at them, your health is restored and status aliments are removed, and limited use things like magic and estus flask(health potions) are charged to full. when you die, the last bonfire you rested at is where you will respawn. also, pretty much all enemies will come back to life. there are exceptions where certain enemies will stay dead, but theyre usually unique and powerful minibosses. also all actual bosses stay permanently dead

the only way to auto regen health is by using magic rings. some just do a very slow health regen, others give you health for every enemy you kill. i think theres also a sword in 3 that gives very small hp for every hit you land

your first time through an area can be slow going as you figure out enemy placement and environment challenges, but eventually you get to the point where you can sprint past all that bullshit to get where you need to pretty quickly

the biggest thing to bear in mind is that patience is key, and learn to let go of souls. i suppose i should explain the souls concept. every enemy you kill will give you souls, and you use sous to both purchase/repair/upgrade items from shops and to level up. when you die, any souls you had stored up will drop nearby. if you die again before you can get to that spot to recover your souls, theyre gone for good. at first it sucks dick, because if you lose a shitload, well thats like losing a lot of progress since you had to kill a bunch of stuff to get em. eventually you learn to accept it though, and the faster you do the better time youll have

i would recommend you try ds2 first. i imagine its gonna be cheaper, and it doesnt throw you into the deep end nearly as fast as 3 does. 3 gives you a very simple and brief tutorial area, right before tossing you into a hard as gently caress boss that will ruin your poo poo, and i could see a new player being stonewalled and giving up for good. 2 has a much more gentle ramp up to the actual hard stuff, and in general the bosses are easier than those in 3

it normally takes a while before the game clicks with you. the first time i tried ds1, i said gently caress this bullshit around 5-6 hours in. i went back to it much later on a new run and i finally got it. it really does offer some of the most challenging and rewarding gaming experiences out there though

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
tldr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mp28JPs25ek

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

A Bad Poster posted:

Anyone pick up Wildlands on the Xbox?

My tag is same as here on x bone. I don't play much during the week tho and also I'm getting sucked into diablo 3

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

I've really loved it on PC, on PS4 it was a bit clunky

Also, Arby's twitter game on point

https://twitter.com/Arbys/status/846738660494008322

https://twitter.com/DarkSoulsGame/status/846752566918598656

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyA8odjCzZ4

we all know which dark souls is really best