Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

TF2 single player probably gets talked up a little more than it warrants but it's because it's really drat fun. Like, in the end it's a 5 hour long linear shooter campaign but it's memorable because it's paced so well and uses all of the mechanics really well and it's polished as all hell.

I've been playing multi this evening and I'm having a blast with it. It really deserves more attention compared to the lovely CoD games they're throwing lately (last one I liked was Black Ops 1).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

check out the TF2 thread some of us are trying to group up to play tonight 6-7 PST-ish

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Guillermus posted:

I've been playing multi this evening and I'm having a blast with it. It really deserves more attention compared to the lovely CoD games they're throwing lately (last one I liked was Black Ops 1).

Yeah no doubt. I have a few hundred hours in that bad boy. Excellent game all around.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

check out the TF2 thread some of us are trying to group up to play tonight 6-7 PST-ish

To add to this, this weekend is double exp plus a new free map.

I'll probably start a party soon, my psn is Ineffiablefx

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Ineffiable posted:

To add to this, this weekend is double exp plus a new free map.

I'll probably start a party soon, my psn is Ineffiablefx

I'll be on in a couple hours

kool kids only btw

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

veni veni veni posted:

It's funny how many game protagonists have beards slapped on now. Like, pretty much all of them. I heard Lara Croft will have a nice full beard in the next tomb raider compliments of tressFX™

Maybe it's just because I live in the PNW but doesn't every man in general wear a beard now?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Maybe it's just because I live in the PNW but doesn't every man in general wear a beard now?

lol

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Beards are great, I will not tolerate beard hate.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Where I live people basically treat you better if you have a beard.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Oh I have a beard too. Still doesn't make it not funny that practically everyone has a beard now.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ive has a beard since 1997. It wasnt cool then im just lazy

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

My beard gets dandruff sometimes.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Housh posted:

My beard gets dandruff sometimes.

Yeah its not cool. Gotta moisturize

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

veni veni veni posted:

It's funny how many game protagonists have beards slapped on now. Like, pretty much all of them. I heard Lara Croft will have a nice full beard in the next tomb raider compliments of tressFX™

Even Samurai Jack is on it.

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug

exquisite tea posted:

Kratos coming to understand compassion and the responsibilities of fatherhood would be utterly unexpected but hey, if literal magic dick self-insert Geralt of Rivia could learn the same lessons in The Witcher 3, all things are possible.

I'm rooting for them pulling an MGS2 with Kratos dying and we get to play the kid.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Mafia 3 was at my limit when it comes to video game violence. It's really amazing there was no controversy over this when people used to freak out about "hot coffee"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwkfIDqB9Yo

The video game moral panic ended when the supreme court said video games were covered by the first amendment. What is it now, social media? Smartphones in general?

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

funkymonks posted:

I'm rooting for them pulling an MGS2 with Kratos dying and we get to play the kid.

Think of all the fuss that will be made over a child involved in all that violence.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Wandle Cax posted:

Think of all the fuss that will be made over a child involved in all that violence.

Past the prologue it's going to transition into a slow-paced narrative of self-discovery, where Kratos' son learns the power of friendship, and that he's gay.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

veni veni veni posted:

Oh I have a beard too. Still doesn't make it not funny that practically everyone has a beard now.

Having a beard is the new not having a beard.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

All this talk of violence reminds me of when I was a teen spending an entire weekend searching on the internet for :filez: of Thrill Kill for Psone.

Never did find it, but I did manage to play the Wu Tang game that used its engine.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

All this talk of violence reminds me of when I was a teen spending an entire weekend searching on the internet for :filez: of Thrill Kill for Psone.

Never did find it, but I did manage to play the Wu Tang game that used its engine.
you can find it really easily now.

it's not very good. or honestly, even that gory - mortal kombat was way more gruesome. it seemed more a victim of the atmosphere at the time of its release than anything else.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Saints Row should be the standard by which all other game intros should be measured

If I am not freefalling through an airplane while firing uzis or some poo poo like that within 10 minutes of starting the game, it basically sucks

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

In Thrill Kill's case I think it was more the air of weird fetish stuff that got it canned rather than the gore.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

signalnoise posted:

Saints Row should be the standard by which all other game intros should be measured

If I am not freefalling through an airplane while firing uzis or some poo poo like that within 10 minutes of starting the game, it basically sucks

Nier: Automata meets that criterion, so it checks out

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

That's a low bar but I agree. I thought it was pretty thin though, like each boss is introduced 15 seconds before you kill them. I liked BF1's better, though it trailed off in the last few missions.

Most are hinted at for at least three or four levels before them... in fact the only one that had almost no lead up and came out of left field was Richter, and even him you overhear on comms for two levels prior before you face him. :confused:

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Torment has a pretty wonderful opening sequence and character creation thing. Text heavy but it sure was something else!

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
Anyone have the disc eject error? I'm playing digital games with no disc and it constantly tries to eject and does 3 quick beeps. Internet isn't clear on what it is - overheat, loose eject screw, static build up, etc. Probably not overheating because it's cold here right now and if I leave it in sleep mode overnight it'll start doing it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Is it playable now? I heard the PS4 performance is abysmal. Having played Wasteland 2 on PS4 I believe it too.

I hope it's been or will be patched because Torment looks cool and I want to play it down the road.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I remember this one fighter called Time Killers that was far and away the goriest game I've ever seen but it was stupid and janky. Like a guy shooting out Kool-Aid-Man-volume amounts of blood might be fun in a schlocky B-movie way but I think the game also needs to be fun to back that up.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

bloodychill posted:

I remember this one fighter called Time Killers that was far and away the goriest game I've ever seen but it was stupid and janky. Like a guy shooting out Kool-Aid-Man-volume amounts of blood might be fun in a schlocky B-movie way but I think the game also needs to be fun to back that up.
Yeah, from a time when everyone was trying to out-gore each other. Video games grew up ever so slightly in the mid 2000s when that tapered off.

Edit: but then series like MK and GoW kept on trucking like they were still trying to out-gore someone.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Apr 3, 2017

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Pocket Billiards posted:

Anyone have the disc eject error? I'm playing digital games with no disc and it constantly tries to eject and does 3 quick beeps. Internet isn't clear on what it is - overheat, loose eject screw, static build up, etc. Probably not overheating because it's cold here right now and if I leave it in sleep mode overnight it'll start doing it.

Its the faulty capacitive button. You either need to open it up and disconnect it or trade it in for a new one and let gamestop or whoever refurb it, assuming your not under warranty anymore since they havent sold that model in like 2 years

There are quick temporary fixes but in my experience they dont prevent it coming back

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Nier: Automata meets that criterion, so it checks out

Platinum does it again

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Pocket Billiards posted:

It's a common problem. The solution is to trade it in for a PS4 Pro and then explain to your wife that the old one was broken and this is actually the same thing they just changed the appearance but it came with a 200 fee what can you do, I know you need your Netflix.

Sometimes removing the rubber foot touching the button underneath helps as well.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Pablo Gigante posted:

Well David Jaffe created GoW and he also created Drawn to Death which is literally based on a 13 year old's notebook drawings so it makes sense

Jaffe is a hack.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
I've been tempted to do that.

It's like $560 AUD for a the Pro. If it keeps beeping at 2am it might no be a hard sell.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

veni veni veni posted:

TF2 single player probably gets talked up a little more than it warrants but it's because it's really drat fun. Like, in the end it's a 5 hour long linear shooter campaign but it's memorable because it's paced so well and uses all of the mechanics really well and it's polished as all hell.

TF2 is Team Fortress 2 and all you people saying TF2 talking about titanfall 2 are confusing me massively :colbert:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The proper abbreviation is TiFa 2

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

SLOSifl posted:

It's a common problem. The solution is to trade it in for a PS4 Pro and then explain to your wife that the old one was broken and this is actually the same thing they just changed the appearance but it came with a 200 fee what can you do, I know you need your Netflix.

Genuine LOL'd.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

SLOSifl posted:

Sometimes removing the rubber foot touching the button underneath helps as well.

My ps4 wouldn't output video. Only sound. I was excited because my launch unit failed and I had an excuse to buy a pro.

But it was my tv and a hard reset fixed it. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The proper abbreviation is TiFa 2

Drop A Titan On It Fall 2 (DATOIF2)