Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Was checking out Humble Bundles, decided I'd take a look at the store for the halibut:

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/final-fantasy-xiv-stormblood
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/final-fantasy-xiv-stormblood-digital-collectors-edition

Turns out you can preorder it through them. Which I am now guilting you into doing, because 5% of your purchase goes to charity.

(Still not compatible with Steam, though.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

If haven't kept up with wrasslin for a long time. If they brought out somebody in a Godbert mask to explosively suplex everyone in the roster one after the other, would it be Brock Lesnar or Kurt Angle?

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Thundarr posted:

If haven't kept up with wrasslin for a long time. If they brought out somebody in a Godbert mask to explosively suplex everyone in the roster one after the other, would it be Brock Lesnar or Kurt Angle?

If anyone did that it'd be Bill Goldberg (who's back for one final cruise before retiring for good). The dude is already basically Godbert IRL.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
Double post, but holy poo poo, we really are getting substantial XIV ads during Mania itself. This is nuts - and will expose the game to literally millions of eyeballs. We should probably brace for another big wave of newbies :v:

strong bird
May 12, 2009

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

God bless you, Xavier Woods and New Day.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Apr 3, 2017

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Xavier Woods is the closest thing that real life has to being suplexed by Godbert.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

SwissArmyDruid posted:

God bless you, Xavier Woods.
Is he wearing the ilvl 200 Antiquated MNK pants?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

IDK, but Xavier mains BRD and that's a bard rear end vest

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Xavier is MNK (same getup as WoL in the trailer with some... palette changes. DYES!), guy in the middle is RDM and the guy on the right is SAM

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

ilifinicus posted:

Xavier is MNK (same getup as WoL in the trailer with some... palette changes. DYES!), guy in the middle is RDM and the guy on the right is SAM

Xavier is Monk, Big E is Samurai, Kofi Kingston is Red Mage

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I was expecting an ad and maybe a shoutout, but this is really something else.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Mordiceius posted:

Xavier is Monk, Big E is Samurai, Kofi Kingston is Red Mage

ty I only know who Xavier is because of giant bomb

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
It's especially awesome because Xavier Woods is a huge loving FFXIV fan. So he's actually repping something he himself enjoys.

I think he plays a male catgirl bard.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

ilifinicus posted:

Big E is a man known for loving the air. And Kofi is notorious for finding ludicrous ways for avoiding getting knocked out of the Royal Rumble.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

:stwoon: this is incredible

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

ilifinicus posted:

<:same:>, and CoOptional

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

SirPhoebos posted:

:stare: this is incredible

If you know nothing about Wrestling, The New Day would fit flawlessly into a Hildibrand storyline. Except they're real.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

So this is what a red mage looks like.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
What do you guys hate more about Roegadames, their pug noses or their awful hair styles?

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Verranicus posted:

What do you guys hate more about Roegadames, their pug noses or their awful hair styles?

How good looking they are in comparison to every other race

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I really want those rainbow weapons in the game.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
It says everywhere that you need to "own" the base game to get Stormblood, but I'm confused about what that means now that the base game is free(ish). Do I actually need to buy the game once I hit 35 or do I just need to subscribe?

I guess the same question would apply to heavenward.

Can I go from realm reborn -> Stormblood without owning heavenward?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Papercut posted:

It says everywhere that you need to "own" the base game to get Stormblood, but I'm confused about what that means now that the base game is free(ish). Do I actually need to buy the game once I hit 35 or do I just need to subscribe?

I guess the same question would apply to heavenward.

You still need to buy the base game, yes. I believe that once Stormblood hits purchasing that will give you Heavensward also but that also could have been a fever dream.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

kirbysuperstar posted:

You still need to own the base game, yes. I believe that once Stormblood hits purchasing that will give you Heavensward also but that also could have been a fever dream.
Yeah that's true, Stormblood includes Heavensward and also starting on June 20th there will be a new "Final Fantasy 14 Online" bundle that comes with all 3 for $60.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Papercut posted:

Stormblood will include Heavensward, however if you pre-order Stormblood you won't be able to access Heavensward content or progress beyond level 50 until Stormblood is made available, at which point you get access to both.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Tangential question: How does WoW handle the "you gotta buy all the expansions up until the latest one" and how does it contrast with what FFXIV is doing?

I always thought XI's model was a good start, but XIV's "we'll give you all the expansions" model seems to be better at hooking upgraders and retaining them.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Tangential question: How does WoW handle the "you gotta buy all the expansions up until the latest one" and how does it contrast with what FFXIV is doing?

WoW includes all previous expansions in the base game, WoD was included in the base game shortly (few weeks/months?) before Legion, XIV base game will probably have ARR only.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

I really want those rainbow weapons in the game.

I want a Fat Chocobo Cart Mount.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

SwissArmyDruid posted:

A couple expansions ago they switched from having to buy all the expansions to just giving you everything but the most recent one for free. Kind of the opposite of FF14.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

:vince: Holy poo poo

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Thanks for the answers everybody, guess once I hit 35 I'll be deciding whether to buy heavensward right away or buying the Stormblood bundle.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Papercut posted:

Thanks for the answers everybody, guess once I hit 35 I'll be deciding whether to buy heavensward right away or buying the Stormblood bundle.
The more important thing is that, unless you want to make an Au Ra, you won't get anything out of Heavensward until you hit 50. So if you can buy ARR for cheap that would be the way to go, its regularly $10. Then just pick up Stormblood later.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Mods please make this my avatar I can't get it below 100kb without it looking terrible.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

holy gently caress :stare:

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

e: nm

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Thread needs more catboys.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

How did SE convince WWE to do this. There's no way the core pro wrestling audience appreciates this mastery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Xavier Woods aka Austin Creed nee Austin Watson plays XIV. I'm sure it didn't take much convincing, if at all.

• Locked thread