Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it's been a few years since i've played, so let me see if i've got this straight. i need to run through all the quests and unlock the void relic and focus systems. i'd like to know how and where to farm endo, but is there anything else i should know?

Hieracon is a good place for Endo, also daily sorties. Zeniruk is the most useful focus tree, just unlock the cooldown reduction and the increased energy regen, every point you put in anything makes the cooldown longer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009

sushibandit posted:

They need to add a mod that turns miter/panthera discs into spinfusors.

giving them thunderbolt (or a similar, new mod) would be pretty sick

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
Since the Panthera technically has a Hikou in it it should be allowed to use Concealed Explosives imo

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

it's been a few years since i've played, so let me see if i've got this straight. i need to run through all the quests and unlock the void relic and focus systems. i'd like to know how and where to farm endo, but is there anything else i should know?

Especially if you already have all the planets unlocked but not relays you should do those first, then they unlock other quest trees you use to progress. Read about most of the quests in advance some of them still have problems or bugs or just plain lovely design. Technically you can farm endo on hieracon but really you get the most the easiest from sorties. Hieracon is good anyway just for generally farming everything useful all at once (relics, credits, endo).

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Mimesweeper posted:

Hieracon is a good place for Endo, also daily sorties. Zeniruk is the most useful focus tree, just unlock the cooldown reduction and the increased energy regen, every point you put in anything makes the cooldown longer.

You can turn nodes off if you already have them.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Washout posted:

Read about most of the quests in advance some of them still have problems or bugs or just plain lovely design.

Do NOT have a sentinel equipped for The War Within. Especially not Helios.

gently caress that stupid corridor.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Rhjamiz posted:

Do have it equipped, but unequip the weapon because then it just starts orbiting you at high speed even in the cutscenes.

And that's hilarious.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i've checked the void relic drop tables, and i understand the rng fuckery needed to get a particular prime piece. however, how difficult is it to farm a particular kind of void relic?

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

i've checked the void relic drop tables, and i understand the rng fuckery needed to get a particular prime piece. however, how difficult is it to farm a particular kind of void relic?

Extremely.

You can farm for any of the levels (Lith Meso Neo Axi) but not a specific relic in that list.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

You just have to make sure you're at the right planet and mission type. Dark sectors won't drop as many relics. Level 40 defense and interception drop neo and axi, sometimes even 4 relics in a full rotation. For Meso, I like to run Io at Jupiter or Helene at Saturn. Low level defense and interception drop Lith but I prefer to do ODD for that. Excavation is also good if you're also looking for endo.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!
Just got my 35th failure and she is a beaut I tell you what.

here she is sleeping :3:

look at that majestic coat coat.

here she is on the prowl.

gaww she's sure is a special needs cat.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Rhjamiz posted:

What's up with this? I had one equipped and didn't notice any problems.

You're probably better off just farming that tier of relic, opening a ton and hoping other people brought the specific one you're looking for. That said, if you really want to farm a specific relic look for a mission that ahs it in it's A rotation rewards rather than B or C.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Yeah, basically if you want the good rare Neo and Axi's you have to do Xini for the best drops.

It has a 70% for Neo's on the first 2 rotations, and 100% for axis on the second 2. You should be able to breeze through in a little over 10 minutes.

Io is great for Mesos because it's low level enough you can bring a new formaed weapon by itself level it up and still kill everything.

A lot of times you'll run into people just speed farming relics so they'll murder everything for you. Ember and Max Range Rhino w/ stomp breeze through it.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Fun fact, euphona has been out for 2-3 weeks on PS4 and yesterday I got my first axi e2 relic for one of the bits. Fuckin RNG

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

The Moon Monster posted:

What's up with this? I had one equipped and didn't notice any problems.

During the part where Ordis goes nuts, your sentinel will start attacking you. Helios can easily one-shot you and is extremely hard to avoid. I died on the ramp to the cockpit like seven or eight times.

Blight Runner
May 3, 2009
So do you think that was a deliberate choice by DE to have your sentinel obliterate you or just a quirk of them turning off some flag? Has anyone tried it with a pet? I can only imagine how frustrating this is for any new players.

"Oh, that section? That's just more challenge for the player!" -DE :downs:

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Rhjamiz posted:

During the part where Ordis goes nuts, your sentinel will start attacking you. Helios can easily one-shot you and is extremely hard to avoid. I died on the ramp to the cockpit like seven or eight times.

How do people even use Helios, anyway? Do you have a second set of melee mods levelled up or something? I would love to use deconstructor but currently that would mean I couldn't punch people to death, and that's not a trade I'm willing to make.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Rainuwastaken posted:

How do people even use Helios, anyway? Do you have a second set of melee mods levelled up or something? I would love to use deconstructor but currently that would mean I couldn't punch people to death, and that's not a trade I'm willing to make.

Mostly I just slot in old mods when I get the Primed version, but otherwise yeah, just a second set of melee. I don't invest much into it tho, and it's still miles ahead of any other sentinel weapon.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Rainuwastaken posted:

Do you have a second set of melee mods levelled up or something?

Yes? There's no reason you can't do this easily. Pressure point doesn't take a huge amount of endo like serration and the other mods you'd want on Helios are easy to get. I probably have 100 copies each.

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
Melee mods are easy to acquire and level up, but I'm too loving lazy to do it. Also, I hate it when I'm modding a new weapon and I have to guess if Helios is using maxed Pressure Point #1 or #2 and I'm somehow wrong twice in a row and I get the pop-up and what what is this even just let me do the thing gently caress god drat it. My blood pressure rises just thinking about having that happen with Shocking Touch, etc.

It only takes an extra second, but it pisses me off anyway. Why not designate it on the UI that a mod's already equipped on something else? Or just let us use the same mods on two things at once.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

GANDHITRON posted:

Melee mods are easy to acquire and level up, but I'm too loving lazy to do it. Also, I hate it when I'm modding a new weapon and I have to guess if Helios is using maxed Pressure Point #1 or #2 and I'm somehow wrong twice in a row and I get the pop-up and what what is this even just let me do the thing gently caress god drat it. My blood pressure rises just thinking about having that happen with Shocking Touch, etc.

It only takes an extra second, but it pisses me off anyway. Why not designate it on the UI that a mod's already equipped on something else? Or just let us use the same mods on two things at once.

Easy solution: all your regular melee uses primed PP and Helios uses regular.

It's me I'm the space 1%

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Blight Runner posted:

So do you think that was a deliberate choice by DE to have your sentinel obliterate you or just a quirk of them turning off some flag? Has anyone tried it with a pet? I can only imagine how frustrating this is for any new players.

It's not actually Helios, it's Deconstructor.
My guess is that whatever lets Deconstructor get constant headshots conflicts with whatever DE wrote to make the Sentinel's aim go screwy in that section. The rest of them will shoot near but not at you, Deconstructor just happily lobs death chunks directly at your skull.

I don't have an issue with Deconstructor conflicts because I build it entirely different from any melee weapon I'd use. Mine is built to create high-speed pinballs of ~95% Rad/Viral status procs. I don't even include PP on it. This... Probably won't work for everyone, though.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

ElegantFugue posted:

My guess is that whatever lets Deconstructor get constant headshots conflicts with whatever DE wrote to make the Sentinel's aim go screwy in that section. The rest of them will shoot near but not at you, Deconstructor just happily lobs death chunks directly at your skull.

I don't have an issue with Deconstructor conflicts because I build it entirely different from any melee weapon I'd use. Mine is built to create high-speed pinballs of ~95% Rad/Viral status procs. I don't even include PP on it. This... Probably won't work for everyone, though.

I remember talking to you on Discord during that, that was pretty silly. I don't run a gun on my sentinel at all most of the time, so it kind of spat at me a little. In contrast, you cleared the golden maw bit in like two shots after I spent the previous half an hour cursing at it. Swings and roundabouts.

Quirkk
Sep 1, 2012

I coasted through the whole thing until that very final dash at the end. Really struggled with that timing.

Kenlon
Jun 27, 2003

Digitus Impudicus

Rorac posted:

I choose him as well when I started, and the Prime version was the first prime warframe I got. My semi-comprehensive advice.
1: You cannot take hits. The moment you hear a heavy gunner's weapon spool up, roll for the first piece of cover you find, because you're gonna die otherwise. Your shields exist to buy you time to get into cover and nothing more. *

Capacitance means that is a lie.

My volt build is something like this. I don't have all the primed mods ranked to 10, but the idea should come through clearly. Having the ability to lock down huge swathes of the map with Overload and give yourself continuous shield regen makes you almost unkillable outside of being one-shot.

The most important thing about Overload Volt is that you must have 250% range, and you need to have a feel for how long it will take for your Overload to wear off against different targets (due to the damage cap mechanic).

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

How does everyone here feel about Flow/Primed Flow? When I first started everyone here told me not to use it because increasing efficiency was a better bang for my buck, but I'm seeing builds pop up here with it lately. It might be because I run Zenurik, though.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
The server just died as I was finishing the sortie :(

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

How does everyone here feel about Flow/Primed Flow? When I first started everyone here told me not to use it because increasing efficiency was a better bang for my buck, but I'm seeing builds pop up here with it lately. It might be because I run Zenurik, though.

I think the general rule is flow is useful on long channeled abilities like WoF and sound quake.

As for me, ecept for nidus I put maxed prime flow on most of my frames having 600 energy is pretty good. But I'm​also pretty sure none of my builds are 100% optimal. I only use a maxed FE when duration isn't important on the frame.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I run Primed Flow on frames where I use a lot of energy and want a buffer. This is most of my usuals. Mesa for extended Peacemakering, Nyx for long-duration Assimilate (though I haven't tried it since the nerf), Limbo because he wants a lot of powers used in short succession, Nova so I can spam M. Prime, etc.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

When I'm first building a frame, the first mods to go on it are Redirection, Vitality, and Flow/Primed Flow. I use the different frames primarily to take advantage of their different abilities, why not get to use them as much as I can?

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I use it for build where I need as much duration as possible. It also has the advantage of using one mod slot instead of two. Probably a bad idea for frames with channeled powers though.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Blight Runner posted:

Real sentinel friendly fire was about the year+ period where if anyone touched a laser in the void they'd instantly fall over from the rad proc making their own Carrier shotgun straight down into their skull.

EDIT: Oh yeah there's also starting a duel in the dojo and just taking your hands off the controls to let the sentinels do all the fighting.

Fish Noise fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Apr 3, 2017

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Efficiency is just generally better but it's useful on any frame that wants to run Quick Thinking or needs to absolutely max duration. Frames that make really good use of Rage can also use it pretty well.

Blight Runner
May 3, 2009

ElegantFugue posted:

Fish Noise posted:

Real sentinel friendly fire was about the year+ period where if anyone touched a laser in the void they'd instantly fall over from the rad proc making their own Carrier shotgun straight down into their skull.

EDIT: Oh yeah there's also starting a duel in the dojo and just taking your hands off the controls to let the sentinels do all the fighting.

Haha, how am I not surprised? It's almost like DE is punishing us for using anything that allows us to Vacuum items... :tinfoil:

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

I could do with your...assistance.
The rank 17 test is pretty bullshit. You either get all the time-extender orbs right next to you and breeze through it or they spawn on opposite planes and there's nothing you can do about it in the time they give you.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Jabarto posted:

The rank 17 test is pretty bullshit. You either get all the time-extender orbs right next to you and breeze through it or they spawn on opposite planes and there's nothing you can do about it in the time they give you.

Yeah. Even with Ember that one took me a few shots. I ended up on some wonky sprint and power range build + soma

Blight Runner
May 3, 2009
Oh boy, prepare to do that again on MR21 test. This time with grineer! You definitely want to boost the sprint speed and possibly slide/bullet jump. Sliding was good for me since I did the old spin to win. This might not be well received, but I put on enemy sense so I could make a beeline to the enemies. Then I'd keep an eye out for the orbs between kills. That way I'm not hunting for orbs AND enemies which can waste time.

Cis Lord
Nov 14, 2016
There's a place in the center where the top path turns and the bottom path keeps going straight. The two paths are right on top of each other otherwise. You always want to return to the top path right at that drop off after you strike an orb.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Any good youtube resources or otherwise for catching up on the last few patches? I'm pretty goddamn lost after being out for a year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

explosivo posted:

Any good youtube resources or otherwise for catching up on the last few patches? I'm pretty goddamn lost after being out for a year.

Quite Shallow, Brozime, X3lp, A Gay Guy Plays. X3lp is ONLY if you want to understand really technical stuff and see a spreadsheet, AGGP if you're fine with someone who is incredibly verbose.